• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Tenth Anniversary Event

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Has anyone else noticed that if you are close to the end of the board and you roll more than needed to pass the startline, the game nullifies your remaining steps and stay on Step 1? I had 1 step left, rolled 6 and I am still standing on the 1st step of the next era, instead of stepping 5 more as rolled. This is so unfair! 100 cash wasted.
Have you reloaded your window? This is a temporary issue, that you will not advance. After reloading, the correct state is shown again. This issue will be fixed in the next couple of days.

Finkadel

Marquis
yeah it sucks to have 3 upgrade kits only (me too, now)
change it to selection kit

and one BIG kit (all 4 options in it) would be the best option for the players
Yep, I have 2 upgrade do King, no base building yet... Are you, Inno, kidding me?!

I wonder how the hell I would obtain that 4x4 building, still a mystery...

Besides, ALL the event buildings are just JOKE. Underwhelming is such a weak word to describe how lame they really are. Fragments of mass motivation kit?! Seriously?! I mean, one in thousand players ever use those, if only. Why...? Meh.

Rest of the event buildings looks worse than at regular event, and this IS 10th anniversary. Are you shutting down the game, selling it to someone else, that you don't care...? It seems so. Sell it good, you won't get many coins from the event itself...

Kronan

Viceroy
Kudos Inno. The brightly colored INCIDENTS for this event are novel, and VERY much appreciated. They are easily found, and easy on my eyes (and I'm sure other eyes, too.) I hope they get implemented in general play, and NOT just this 10th anniversary event. They should keep their longevity, and will keep a good value to players! Thank you!

Last edited:
Inno seems to be enormously overestimating the power of nostalgia. Maybe I would have been happy to get some of these items 7 or 8 years ago but certainly not now. With the possible exception of my newest Live world (about 4 months old), it's likely to be tough to convince myself the event is worth doing, Maybe there is better yet to appear? I'm feeling rather foolish for imagining that a 10th Anniversary Event would be special ... in a good way.

Kronan

Viceroy
Inno seems to be enormously overestimating the power of nostalgia. Maybe I would have been happy to get some of these items 7 or 8 years ago but certainly not now. With the possible exception of my newest Live world (about 4 months old), it's likely to be tough to convince myself the event is worth doing, Maybe there is better yet to appear? I'm feeling rather foolish for imagining that a 10th Anniversary Event would be special ... in a good way.

So far, I can't disagree @David the sagacious. Although I have an Iron Age city here (remember: Inno makes us start from NOTHING to participate in the beta program. I am a strong advocate for them to RECONSIDER that (and our effectivity in beta testing...) by allowing us to request a CLONE of our live city, of choice).

To your point though, I try to play beta events as if I was playing in my live city and the era OF that live city. The trinkets and board prizes are not compelling.

With the engineering expenses of creating a new game design, I would think they would break clean of trivial trinkets of no value. Yes, I understand game "junk" can be sold, but that's not a compelling investment of time to do quests and invest in this - beta OR live.

It's like they took this 80% of the way with a new game mechanic, but didn't close the barn door with compelling value during play.

SO many other interesting rewards or rewarding concepts could have populated the game. After all, it's just like MONOPOLY.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I would expect more from a 10th Anniversary Event. The idea seem ok but it is a very boring event and the rewards, believe they could be better. Maybe take one building from each the age and use it for an event building.

In Bronze age, we have a Tavern, make a Anniversary event version of it.
So on for each age, small buildings that bring memories from the age

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The brightly colored INCIDENTS for this event are novel
Not quite... the first times such special things appeared was an easter event (players could hide easter eggs around towns of other players) and later the fall event (apple trees were planted around town when you got help) - that was before the now regular incidents were even introduced to the game iirc

but yes, I also like the idea of special incidents to appear instead of having the event currency in the regular ones

On the note of incidents... do they only reward the paper money or is it possible to find golden dice?

The daily objective is the only thing that might inspire you to play before you find the prize on special you're looking for. If you believe you're going to have a hard time finishing the building, that might be desirable as it's worth an extra 40 money on average a day.
It adds 40$/day? Each turn is 100$?? Wouldn't it cost a lot more $ to get that 100$ reward?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It adds 40$/day? Each turn is 100$?? Wouldn't it cost a lot more $ to get that 100$ reward?

well 40$/day * 21 days = 840$ or about 8 more rolls. 8*3.5 avg = 28 extra progress or almost a full extra trip around the board. So *if* you're worried about not having enough trips to finish the orrery, it makes sense to go for the daily objective. I don't know if I feel that's something one should worry about yet. My basic math has suggested it'll be fine. But I also haven't started trying yet to see how some things work when you actually play it :)

Basically though daily progress is for "worrying about the grand prize" vs waiting for the special you want is for "maximizing your daily specials".

SnowyNinja

Farmer
I would like to make it known that when I collect the event's incidents I don't get anything at least it doesn't show it
edit: I do get something just a window doesn't show telling me what I got
2nd edit: I just got the windows that tell me what I got after rolling the dice

CrashBoom

Legend
actual it is for free

you spend the event money anyway and at the end of the event you have less than 100 left

math:
let's say you get 7000 in the event
now you get additionally 40 a day on average = 840

without it: at the end you have spend 7000
with it: you spend 7800 (and most likely one addtionally golden dice because that is a full extra round where you can hit that field exactly)

so it didn't cost you extra. it gave you extra money
on average that is one full extra round

6zeva9

Baronet
ERROR at 2nd MILESTONE.

2nd Milestone is after completing the 22nd Quest and this is when you get it. The first free Money drop.

However if you are able to read the message that pops up it reads that the Milestone has come after Quest 20.
If this were a normal 56 Quest event that is where it would normally be.
Can someone please correct the text of this Milestone and check the other Milestones that have also been moved to ensure that there are correct for their new position.

actual it is for free

you spend the event money anyway and at the end of the event you have less than 100 left

math:
let's say you get 7000 in the event
now you get additionally 40 a day on average = 840

without it: at the end you have spend 7000
with it: you spend 7800 (and most likely one addtionally golden dice because that is a full extra round where you can hit that field exactly)

so it didn't cost you extra. it gave you extra money
on average that is one full extra round
I'm still not understanding because you would need to pass 32 squares or 11~ dice rolls or spend 1100 tickets per round before getting a some 40% chance (not even a guarantee) on getting the daily goal of 100 tickets (???) So you're in essance losing 1000 tickets???

CrashBoom

Legend
I'm still not understanding because you would need to pass 32 squares or 11~ dice rolls or spend 1100 tickets per round before getting a some 40% chance (not even a guarantee) on getting the daily goal of 100 tickets (???) So you're in essance losing 1000 tickets???
you don't need a full round: only 1/3 or so

and the important part
you spend your event money anyway

or do you keep all your event money for next year ?

---

so let's talk in real life
you buy 10 times product X anyway
if you buy 1 every day for 10 days you get one more for free

what will you do ?
- buy nothing: no. you will buy it anyway
- buy it at one day = like spending all your event money on the last day.
- buy one every day. unless you say: I need 10 why should I get the 11th free one that I don't need anymore because I really only need 10

So you're in essance losing 1000 tickets???
in essance: you end the event with 0 (or to be exact: less than 100) anyway

the only question is:
when will you spend them: daily or at once

maff

Farmer
The brightly colored INCIDENTS for this event are novel, THE BEST OF THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT, THE EVENT A FIASCO WAITS more to be the celebration of the 10th anniversary conclusion it is not worth doing it is not worth anything, everyone thinks the same greetings and good game

hades8840

Marquis
My main goal is the stage of ages which it says it is one of the daily specials and assume we all get the same daily special except for when we switch.. guessing most ppl waiting n it

just had it as a daily swap managed to get 4 so happy with that

Last edited:

XIA*

Marquis
Have you reloaded your window? This is a temporary issue, that you will not advance. After reloading, the correct state is shown again. This issue will be fixed in the next couple of days.

Thanks, it did solve by reload.

That being said, the game rewards are underwhelming to say the least. Especially if you are in iron age without a dealer. Nothing really useful for a beginner city except for the magnum opus, I guess, but also probably higer age players find these rewards quite useless. I know that in Progressive I would definitely not waste time playing this game, especially that the event building is waaaay underwhelming but very difficult to upgrade. Mine is at lvl 6 at the moment and it gives 3 fps? like... why? and mass self aid kit fragment and 30 min supply rush fragment? who needs these? maybe in bronze age... Disappointing so far. I hope they will take the feedback here seriously and improve the building and also the board rewards. The other day I got 3 paper money as a reward from the board :D Like I can do anything with that in the game LOL

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
After playing and studying the event a bit, I think it's very underwhelming in terms of daily specials. My rough estimates is that you will only get around 4-6 daily specials on average over the event, which is very low considering it's a special occasion! Sure, you get some other buildings as well, but most of them are very outdated at this point. Let's go over some numbers:

As far as I can tell you can get 7970 paper money for free: 21*120 (daily logins) + 37*50 (rush quests) + 19*100 (daily quests) + 500 (milestone) + 1000 (milestone) + 200 (starting) = 7970. It also looks like you can get a decent amount from incidents, so let's say 9000 paper money.

That's 9000/100 = 90 rolls, let's just say 100 to round it and to account for some gold dice, currency gained from minigame, etc.

From data I've been able to gather it seems like a board has between 12 and 16 boxes on average, so let's use 16 to be generous. That means half the rolls will land on a chest, so around 50 chests across the event. Also from the data I've been able to gather it seems like chests are 66% small, 33% big, which gives an average chance of 13.33% to get the daily special with the +5% boost.

50*0.1333 = 6.66 Daily Specials.

So in the best case scenario you're looking at 6-7 on average, though you'll most likely not get the best case scenario when the daily special you want is the option. That's the 2nd issue:

After you get the reward from the spot you land on, a new one will be generated, but this will always be of the same type. The board only resets each midnight, so that means you are stuck with the same board all day. The number of chest slots on the board is not the same every day, this means that some days you'll have more chests than others. That means that if you're unlucky, you'll have few chests the day the daily special you want is available. If it's 12, for example, the average daily specials drops from 6.66 to 5.

Oh and this also assumes you can spend all your currency in one day, which unless you wait until the final day you can't really do.

I've made a simulation of the event like I've done for a few previous events, and that tells the same story. I tried modifying the simulations a bit as well to account for strategic uses of gold dice, but that had minimum impact. You can find the simulation below if you're interested, though it's not very polished :p

Code:
import random
import numpy as np
from matplotlib import pyplot as plt
import math
simnum = 10000
chestsOnBoard = 14
startingMoney = 9000
goldDice = 4
# In practice the boost will cost 1 gold dice, so just set number of gold dice to one less than you have, it's a good enough approximation. 
# When starting you should roll dice until you can get to the first gold dice with one of your gold dice. Then from there use the gold dice you
# just gained to get to the +5% spot. So you use 2 gold dice, but gain 1. The gold dice spot is replaced with +125 money from now on that day.
boost = True 
# Chances unboosted, weighted for 2/3 small, 1/2 big chests
chances = [0.05,0.06,0.07,0.05,0.06,0.07,0.12,0.13,0.14]
if boost:
    chances = [x + 0.05 for x in chances]
res = []
res2 = []
for _ in range(simnum):
    ds = 0
    m = startingMoney
    # Set up board
    slots = [0]*28
    for i in range(chestsOnBoard):
        slots[i] = random.choice(chances)
    random.shuffle(slots)
    slots.insert(0,0)
    slots.insert(11,2)
    slots.insert(16,0)
    slots.insert(27,0)
    pos = 16 #Starting at +5% spot
    rolls = 0
    while True:
        m -= 100
        if m < 0:
            break
        rolls += 1
        roll = random.randint(1,6)
        pos += roll
        pos = pos % 32
        if slots[pos] == 0:
            continue
        if slots[pos] == 2:
            m += 125
            continue
        ds += 1 if random.random() <= slots[pos] else 0
        slots[pos] = random.choice(chances)
    res.append(ds)
rem = 0
for _ in range(simnum):
    ds = 0
    m = startingMoney
    slots = [0]*28
    for i in range(chestsOnBoard):
        slots[i] = random.choice(chances)
    random.shuffle(slots)
    slots.insert(0,0)
    slots.insert(11,2)
    slots.insert(16,0)
    slots.insert(27,0)
    pos = 16
    rolls = 0
    g = goldDice
    while True:
        if g > 0 and slots[(pos+6) % 32] > (0.1+boost*0.05):
            g -= 1
            roll = 6
        else:
            m -= 100
            if m < 0:
                break
            rolls += 1
            roll = random.randint(1,6)
        pos += roll
        pos = pos % 32
        if slots[pos] == 0:
            continue
        if slots[pos] == 2:
            m += 125
            continue
        ds += 1 if random.random() <= slots[pos] else 0
        slots[pos] = random.choice(chances)
    res2.append(ds)
    rem += g
print(np.average(res)," - Average Daily Specials (just rolls)")
print(np.average(res2)," - Average Daily Specials (rolling gold dice when big chest is 6 slots away)")
showplot = True
if showplot:
    label = "Daily Specials"
    rmin = min(res)
    rmax = max(res)+1
    freq, bins, patches = plt.hist(res, edgecolor='white', label=label, bins=range(rmin, rmax, 1))
    plt.close()
    fig, ax = plt.subplots(2,1,figsize=(10,10))
    fig.suptitle("Tenth Anniversary")
    ax[0].hist(res, edgecolor='white', label=label, bins=range(rmin, rmax, 1))

bin_centers = np.diff(bins)*0.5 + bins[:-1]
    n = 0
    for fr, x, patch in zip(freq, bin_centers, patches):
        height = (freq[n]/len(res))
        ax[0].annotate("{}".format(height),
                        # top left corner of the histogram bar
                        xy=(x, height*len(res)),
                        # offsetting label position above its bar
                        xytext=(0, 0.2),
                        # Offset (in points) from the *xy* value
                        textcoords="offset points",
                        ha='center', va='bottom'
                        )
        n = n+1
    ax[0].set_yticklabels([])
    ax[0].set_title("Daily Specials Only Rolls")
    ax[0].set_ylabel("Probability")
    ax[0].set_xlabel("Number")
    label1 = "Distribution"
    rmin1 = min(res2)
    rmax1 = max(res2)+1
    freq, bins, patches = plt.hist(res2,edgecolor='white', label=label1, bins=range(rmin1,rmax1,1))
    ax[1].hist(res2, edgecolor='white', label=label1, bins=range(rmin1, rmax1, 1))

bin_centers = np.diff(bins)*0.5 + bins[:-1]
    n = 0
    for fr, x, patch in zip(freq, bin_centers, patches):
        height = (freq[n]/len(res2))
        ax[1].annotate("{}".format(height),
                    xy = (x, height*len(res2)),  # top left corner of the histogram bar
                    xytext = (0,0.2),             # offsetting label position above its bar
                    textcoords = "offset points", # Offset (in points) from the *xy* value
                    ha = 'center', va = 'bottom'
                    )
        n = n+1

ax[1].set_yticklabels([])
    ax[1].set_title("Daily Specials w/ Gold Dice (roll when big chest is 6 tiles away)")
    ax[1].set_ylabel("Probability")
    ax[1].set_xlabel("Daily Specials")
    plt.show()