• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

..Bud..

Farmer
Why not pin all the top gbg guilds together. Instead of Just putting 2 strong guilds in with 5/6 lower guilds, On my World we have at least 6 good gbg guilds but very rarely see then all together wich is a shame, Because that way they would not be able to farm day in day out as every world does now with just 2 top guilds in,

Last edited:

J. Flint

Farmer
It would be great if all sectors from ring 4 would have one building slot instead of a random number between zero and two. Now due to those sectors with no slots it is hard to fight in ring 4 - we basically have two outer rings (4+5) in the new map compared to only one (4) in the old map.

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
If ALL the HQs had 2 slots, it would allow all the guilds, not just the big ones, to go out regularly and balance the GbGs a bit.

That sounds good but probably only work the first 4 hours, after that if you have like mostly 2 big guilds on the map they will take your sector , when you take it back the sectors around will or have a slot on it or be 159/160. If you are lucky maybe you can have a second sector but mostly you will pay 2 siege camps for nothing.

Yekk

Regent
That sounds good but probably only work the first 4 hours, after that if you have like mostly 2 big guilds on the map they will take your sector , when you take it back the sectors around will or have a slot on it or be 159/160. If you are lucky maybe you can have a second sector but mostly you will pay 2 siege camps for nothing.

If each home-base has a built-in reduced attrition component, say 48%, that would change game play for the leagues. Yes 24/7 guilds will still just stuff most guilds. But those guilds a step down which encompasses a much larger number of a worlds guilds would have to incorporate the smaller guilds into the flipping the maps. At the top of the pyramid the homebase bonus means little but for every other league on a world is would mean a great deal. Developing guilds, those with players with young cities, would get a chance at battles for their players.

Owl II

Emperor
You are defending the right of small and weak guilds to be small and weak now. Well, let it be. But then they shouldn't be rewarded in the same way as the strong ones. We've been through this a thousand times in the last two years.. But why shouldn't the weak and the small shake themselves and strengthen themselves? Yes. Exactly. They have no reason to do this

Yekk

Regent
Oh you mean the HQ self , i thought you meant the sector in front of HQ, yes this could help

I am just brain-storming. Giving "creative" a couple choices. Both could be done very easy on beta with manual adjustments of the leagues before next start of version 2.
Beta players are not the cool kids that get into the alpha server. But alpha is limited by that "coolness" It does not have the diversity Beta does. Something you can not find elsewhere.

You are defending the right of small and weak guilds to be small and weak now. Well, let it be. But then they shouldn't be rewarded in the same way as the strong ones. We've been through this a thousand times in the last two years.. But why shouldn't the weak and the small shake themselves and strengthen themselves? Yes. Exactly. They have no reason to do this

Owl, I am for a zero sum method for choosing which league a guild ends up in but not for the current system that stuffs guilds every other league. The current system breaks the game for many guilds and hurts the game.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
But then they shouldn't be rewarded in the same way as the strong ones.
Without pointing out the voice of truth to me, I think the majority of small and medium guilds would rather be kept in a weaker league, with lower payouts, than having to wait 2 weeks with no payoff but above all no fun.

But why shouldn't the weak and the small shake themselves and strengthen themselves?
Ok, but average guilds never asked to meet up with pro guilds half the time.
Keep the guilds of the same strength among themselves.
Inno pleases 5% -10% of players to the detriment of the majority.

Last edited:

Noname 5.0

Steward
Right now we have 6 guilds not doing anything because they are small guilds like us that don’t want to be in the diamond league and would prefer to stay in the platinum league.
We are in second place with just one province. Because the other 6 have yet to capture anything.
There’s one 80 member guild running the map unopposed because 7 guilds are not even playing.

Yekk

Regent
Right now we have 6 guilds not doing anything because they are small guilds like us that don’t want to be in the diamond league and would prefer to stay in the platinum league.
We are in second place with just one province. Because the other 6 have yet to capture anything.
There’s one 80 member guild running the map unopposed because 7 guilds are not even playing.
An excellent example of how the current rating system is a total failure. Beta actually has a guild ranked number 95 that is in diamond. Almost all of the top 80 guilds are in diamond.
My question to Inno is how was this allowed to happen? Earlier in this thread a player used smug to describe the 2 Inno workers in the version 2 video. It is not the word I would have used. Not that the rating system failings had not been brought up. It has many times since just after the first guilds went to Diamond. Corrections were asked for then. The requests ignored and we get "New Coke" as the final response this year...

vidicecilia

Baronet
Finally something to make me excited playing again FoE after one month+ of very low activity ...
Hoping aswell for good news regarding the buttons to be alligned again and do 34 fights/minute.
The map looks amazing, can't wait to see how fights will be and how buildings will help us there.
I'll wait and see.

"34 fights/minute".......
It is obvious that this has ceased to be a strategy game to become an irrational succession of automatic trial of buttons.
It is the exact moment of leaving this and looking for a game that stimulates our intelligence. It is a real pity to see that something that began being brilliant has reached its decay.

Owl II

Emperor
Without pointing out the voice of truth to me, I think the majority of small and medium guilds would rather be kept in a weaker league, with lower payouts, than having to wait 2 weeks with no payoff but above all no fun.

Ok, but average guilds never asked to meet up with pro guilds half the time.
Keep the guilds of the same strength among themselves.
Inno pleases 5% -10% of players to the detriment of the majority.
Owl, I am for a zero sum method for choosing which league a guild ends up in but not for the current system that stuffs guilds every other league. The current system breaks the game for many guilds and hurts the game.
Let me clarify: I don't blame small guilds for being small. But I would prefer to see them develop and strengthen, support the game on an equal in the club of the strongest. Just... they just don't have an incentive to do it

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
But I would prefer to see them develop and strengthen, support the game on an equal in the club of the strongest.
My guild on the live server is very family-oriented, we favor the atmosphere over the result. So we should be penalized for not recruiting just anyone?
We should accept wolves to strengthen us in GbG?
The ultimate goal is to have fun in a group or create the biggest guild possible without any personality or fun?

Especially since GbG is not the only side of the game.

You might as well add the number of members of a guild to its ability to access a league!

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
I think both Owl and DEADPOOL are on the right track. We have development guilds, friends and family guilds, small rest stop guilds, diamond players guilds, power GBG guilds power GvG guilds and every mix in between. Yet all end up in the same league in GBG.

A perfect solution is not possible but a better one is.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I sincerely think the LP tables were perfect for setting up GbG.
Since the Gold and Silver leagues are underexploited and generate frustrations among the average guilds which find themselves little by little shipped in 1.000 Diamonds, to undergo 2 weeks without real competition.
While the current system allows very large guilds to binge without getting bored by meeting the same opponents but at the expense of the pleasure of simply playing for a large majority of guilds.
So if the happiness of 5% is essential to 60% of the frustrated (35% being those who attach no importance to GbG) Inno does very well to keep the current system.
However, by dint of disgusting the majority of players grouped in average guilds, this will generate a bigger concern about the future of the game.
And I say this without any jealousy towards the big guilds.

Going off this sentiment (which I don't entirely disagree with), one option would be that once a year or so, they simply go and divide everyone's LP by 2 and go back to a state similar to the first GBGs. Where top guilds have room to rise again fastest. And it'd take some time before "everyone's diamond again!". It'd be about 3-4 seasons for the actual top guild to get back to diamond-1000. There might be a tough round here and there for the little guilds still, but the top guilds would continue to rise away for some time, and it'd be a bit til the smaller guilds caught back up after one bad round.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Let me clarify: I don't blame small guilds for being small. But I would prefer to see them develop and strengthen, support the game on an equal in the club of the strongest. Just... they just don't have an incentive to do it

You should understand that you must respect the beings of this world who do not want to respond to your desires or requirements. Play your game and do not try to impose your conditions to others, we all have the right to choose.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well one way to allow smaller guilds to be able to participate more, would be to remove the lock feature. With no locks, the smaller guilds could always be doing advances. To make it even more interesting, only award points when a sector is taken.