• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

I have a question about the application for the phone, tomorrow the battlegrounds will also be available on the phone or do I have to wait for the update?

Gindi4711

Steward
I really like the changes. Especially the intruder log. This was one of the most requested QoL features.

But the main issue of guild swapping sectors still remains even if the hexagon layout makes this a little bit better.

My suggestion would be this:
.) If guild A invades a province from guild B they get a 4 hour shield against attacks from guild B (current state), but only a 3:50 shield from guild other guilds.

This would enable all other guilds to attack before the original owner can swap it back.

Another suggestion is rebalancing guild goods requirements to take into account that lower era players have less guild goods production.
Currently guilds have an advantage if they have players staying in lower eras forever. Forcing players to stay in lower eras forever on their main world greatly hurts long term playing experience.
On the other hand guild goods on high era players have become pretty worthless as almost all of them has an arc lvl80+ that produces more than enough guild goods.

I would like to see either:
a) Lower the chance that for examplenIron age goods are selected and increase the chance that Venus goods are selected
b) or decrease costs if lower era goods are selected and increase it if higher era goods are selected

In terms of space needed what is the trade off between...
  • a Set of the Statue of Honor & Roads of Victory vs
  • the new complete Iridescent Garden set ( Great Elephant, Royalty, Bazaar, Citadel) ?

I mean: How much space requires the complete Iridescent Garden set?
  • to compare total output that will be obtained (FPs, Goods, Attack %, etc) vs
  • the total output from a Statue of Honor plus Roads to Victory matching (as close as possible that total space?
In my Main city I got just one Statue of Honor with the longest possible column of Road of Victory buildings at the West side of the current city grid. Will a number of Iridescent Garden sets could provide an equivalent output but using less total space?

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
I would recommend watching the preview video then, especially the end. :)

Excuse me Juber but that video shows they are not in tune with the players... They were just sellling "New Coke" again. A new map with a few minor improvements that should have been done 2 years ago will not appease my players nor the guilds we stuffed. It does not fix the imbalances, goods situations, or any of the other real major failings GBG has does it?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

How about a transcript if there's something that puts a better spin on it in there? I generally do not watch video presentations. They're hard to skim for information you want so I generally hope whatever's in there was also covered in text elsewhere. The practice of hiding information in videos is a really irritating practice of late on the internet.

That said, now having wasted my time listening to your puff piece, there's *not* actually anything extra in there other than the eradication of hope for improvement in the next year :p

"From November 3rd, the maps will be alternating (meaning once you have played one map, that the next will follow)"

This will be :
  • just during the Beta test run? to evaluate de differences between the maps and before deciding if implementing the new map?
  • or if implemented on live servers, then GBG will continue this map alternating during seasons?

1BFA

Viceroy

Looks like step 1 towards improving GBG... I take it + sign :) and more to come next year. Also I guess easy to get some things out that team is more confident on :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On 4 Innogames forums, I have never seen a request from communities to change the map (but you do) or to change buildings like the statue (but you do) at worst requests for additional levels.
On the other hand, the requests to better distribute the guilds by "force" and to review the LPs because it is too easy to reach the diamond league, haven't you seen them?

And you add us the name of those who do not respect the instructions, even if this was requested by some players, it is still a shame for a German company to promote the denunciation.

Inno, in Innogames it is not supposed to be the diminutive of Innovation?
Because at best these future GbGs seem to be recycling!
Even the "new" buildings are some unselected from the last colony.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The person in charge of these new GbGs has only joined the team for 5 months. If so, he's never played FOE.
And he would know better than us what needs to be improved?

And you hope that we give you feedback when you do as you see fit?

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well, I like what I see so far. The main building looks to be better. The extensions trade 2 goods for 1 FP, so they're about the same. Have to wait and see how the new map plays out to tell if it's an improvement.

I'm looking forward to it.