• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Change the League divisions in GB tournaments

JhonnyBn

Merchant
A possible solution for the LP problem would be to use the ELO system used in many games... or something like the event rankings used in the last spring event... unlimited LP, matchmaking with the leagues divided by percentage and each season (couple months or so) the LP drops to a set amount to prevent really big LP numbers

Venus we have the discovery in techtree a research - Iridium - so why not create an Iridium league by having the system balanced on
Copper - 0 to 150
Bronze (new) - 151- 300
Silver - 301 - 450
Gold - 451 - 700
Platinum - 701 - 900
Diamond - 901 - 1200
Iridium - 1201 - 1500
with that, there would be less risk of guilds not falling right from the first who is in last place and guaranteeing a balance of the guilds. And guilds that have less than 3 members do not pass the gold or diamond league, because these guilds have fallen dramatically and it is unfair to both those guilds and those that have more than three members.
After that, two leagues called master and grand master could be created in which only leagues that were above 1500 lp and placing this league as the last one in the game and the classification remains as the performance of the guilds on the gbg map to be evolved into the grand master. or fallen to the iridium league. With that there would be a review of the bonuses that are given and it would put three more levels of the statue of honor and it would have a special building to help in the power of the guild and in goods for guild and special goods who stayed in the league of master and grand master.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
with that, there would be less risk of guilds not falling right from the first who is in last place and guaranteeing a balance of the guilds. And guilds that have less than 3 members do not pass the gold or diamond league, because these guilds have fallen dramatically and it is unfair to both those guilds and those that have more than three members.

1) If 1 member can compete at the same level as a weaker guild they should rise. Creating artificial barriers is not "fair". Unlike GE championships, being smaller conveys no inherent advantages, so there's no reason to stop them more than any other guild from doing what they can.

2) Making more divisions under the same system would not solve the current issues with matchmaking. All the guilds that are currently diamond would with a bit of time all be iridium - actually even more would (currently ~10% of guilds are diamond. under your proposed wider brackets, ~20% would be iridium).

3) The real issue is how fast guild strength falls off as you go down the ranks. The difference between a top guild, a permanent 1000 guild, a solidly diamond guild, and a platinum-diamond yoyo guild are all huge. And there's just not that many guilds between them all to break things up well no matter what the system. Cross-world servers are the only thing that might help with that - and they've said that's not technically feasible.

Within the current system (that is without a complete overhaul), probably the best things they can do:
- 1) a better choice of tiebreaker than guild id# (prestige, random, or continuous weeks at 1000 all could recommend themself)
- 2) slow down movement to break the violence of the yoyo effect some guilds go through where it's 1st then 8th then 1st then 8th. Have a 1st place finish be +70 or +105 instead of +175 like it is now. It'll leave a higher chance that the season after a 1st place is still something a guild can feel viable in.

Or stop using LP`s and make two diamond leagues where first 3 guilds stays in diamond and others will demote. In four platinum leagues first two promote and last 3 demote. As in the real world football (sorry US guys, its football, not soccer :D ) league system in all european countries...

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I put this forward at least 6 months ago and was shot down in flames then

A new higher level of Guild Battle grounds - for guilds with points over 1500
advances required to conquer a sector 220

Platinum would now cover guilds with points from 651 - 1000
Diamond league would now cover guilds with points from 1001 - 1499
Tungsten 1500+
With a view to an additional league being added in the future Cobalt for 2000+

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The main concern is that the Copper and Silver leagues are not being exploited. Only the newly created guilds cross them and find themselves at worst in the Gold League which is represented by a majority of solo-guilds.

Why has Inno not done guild expeditions, as in the championship, by limiting access to guilds composed of a minimum of 3 members?
Why is Inno not reviewing its league point allocation system to make use of the 5 existing leagues?

It is necessary that the diamond league is less accessible, more by merit than by "automatism" and that the capacities of the guilds (according to their preceding results) are the criterion to go up or down instead of a classification which is based on strange regroupings .
I have seen guilds made up of only one member, take only 3 or 4 sectors in 12 days and find themselves catapulted into the diamond league. Nonsense!

Noname 5.0

Steward
I don’t even want to hear from anyone that if your not good enough you shouldn’t be in the diamond league because that’s total BS .
My guild has only 4 members with 3 very active players and we have been in the diamond league for the last 12 months.
The main part of having to battle with larger guilds is that they get to use siege camps n our guild can’t.
Once we take control of the province in front of our base and place siege camps , it gets recaptured before we can fully utilize them . That gives them one province a day from our guild.
Now what I propose is that make the province in front of each guilds base be a no attack zone.
This will allow our guild anyway with the use of siege camps or castles that improve attrition. To capture 3 provinces around our base thus giving the other guilds three provinces to recapture then one.
This will also allow us to make more attack thus giving us more rewards.
It’s doesn’t matter if we win as long as we can get our attack’s in to get our rewards.

Yekk

Viceroy
uranium - 1001 -1175 but only 2 leagues with 6 guildes (1 : + 0 // 2 : + 0 // 3 : - 25 // 4 : - 50 // 5 : - 75 // 6 : - 100)
diamond - 901 - 1000 (1 : + 175 // 2 : + 125 // 3 : + 75 // 4 : +25 // 5 : -25 // 6 : - 75 // 6 : - 125 // 6 : - 175)
platinum - 501 - 900 (like diamond)
gold - 251 - 500 (like diamond)
silver - 101 - 250 (like diamond)
copper - 0 - 100 (like diamond)

That ends up with the same problem we have. It is not a zero sum system. The numbers will go up and up.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don’t even want to hear from anyone that if your not good enough you shouldn’t be in the diamond league because that’s total BS .
My guild has only 4 members with 3 very active players and we have been in the diamond league for the last 12 months.
The main part of having to battle with larger guilds is that they get to use siege camps n our guild can’t.
Once we take control of the province in front of our base and place siege camps , it gets recaptured before we can fully utilize them . That gives them one province a day from our guild.
Now what I propose is that make the province in front of each guilds base be a no attack zone.
This will allow our guild anyway with the use of siege camps or castles that improve attrition. To capture 3 provinces around our base thus giving the other guilds three provinces to recapture then one.
This will also allow us to make more attack thus giving us more rewards.
It’s doesn’t matter if we win as long as we can get our attack’s in to get our rewards.

I would suggest instead that one's HQ count as having 2 (free) sieges. But I'd also apply some sort of nerf to siege camp stacks at the same time (either a cap on the reduction or multiplicative stacking so they can never hit 100%)

Owl II

Emperor
Obviously, there are still very few dissatisfied with the current state. Developers would have tried to do something with it If there were more outraged players

Noname 5.0

Steward
As I’ve tried to implement a no attack zone on the province in front of our base , most always they comply with my request.
Because they too don’t think it’s fair that a smaller guild be put on the same battleground as larger ones. Just because they have not voiced their concerns here they do to me just about every battleground.
So saying obviously there are still a very few dissatisfied with the current state has lost touch with how battleground are matched up . I don’t mean any disrespect to you .
But if you really want to know how difficult it is to play as a small guild in battleground I would suggest that you join a small guild and see for your self how difficult it is .

Owl II

Emperor
So saying obviously there are still a very few dissatisfied with the current state has lost touch with how battleground are matched up . I don’t mean any disrespect to you .
But if you really want to know how difficult it is to play as a small guild in battleground I would suggest that you join a small guild and see for your self how difficult it is .
If it was written for me, I tried it. I didn't like it. Then I made an average guild. It was amazing for a while. But we regularly come across 2 top guilds in the group now. I'm starting to think that we need a big guild.

Everything is different at you. A special boy doesn't want to to play yard game. He wants to play in the major leagues. Well, history knows such examples. But it is unlikely the federation will change the rules so he can do this. Obviously, the boy needs to grow up, get stronger and become like all other players.

Noname 5.0

Steward
This little boy has grown up n kept his 3 member guild in the diamond league for the passed 12 months staying in the diamond league is as easy as breathing air . So the diamond league is not the major league. Again I don’t mean any disrespect. But the diamond league is a joke and how they match guilds needs to change.
It doesn’t matter to us if we win that’s not important as long as we get our rewards not a problem.
But we don’t ever get to utilize siege camps because we have to battle with full attrition to recapture the province we just placed them on .
All I asked was to make the province in front of our base a none attack zone. It’s only worth 70 points at best so in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t even make a dent in an 80 member guild.
But for us it would allow us 2 to 3 x the attacks thus 2to3 x the rewards.f
For example with no attrition help I can get 80 points,with 1 siege camp 110 , with 2or3 siege camps 160 points+ .
The only way not to stay in the diamond league is to do nothing. And just to take a break we’ve tried doing this but it takes us 2 battlegrounds doing nothing to accomplish this. Dropped to the platinum league once in 12 months doing just that.
But the guilds in the platinum league are so week that we are back in the diamond league again.
This special little boy just happens to be 61 years old and have been playing strategy games n winning.
The only strategy involved in battleground is whom ever has the most active players...
This was not an attack on you or meant any disrespect to you . But being in the diamond league is not the major leagues
I heard comments like if your not good enough then you shouldn’t be here in the diamond league.
So to any that think like this please tell me, we are too good for the platinum league n to small of a guild to compete in the diamond league as its constructed now. Besides any rude comments where are we supposed to play?

Noname 5.0

Steward
The most annoying things the larger guild do Owl ll is they will put 156 points on one of our provinces wait until we’ve almost captured the adjacent province and cut us off .

Noname 5.0

Steward
We are ranked #47 in beta that hardly makes a boy playing in the yard wanting to play in the major league.
Because we’ve been there done that and even taking first place twice,second place 4 or 5 times but mostly 4th or 5th .

Owl II

Emperor
his little boy has grown up n kept his 3 member guild in the diamond league for the passed 12 months staying in the diamond league is as easy as breathing air . So the diamond league is not the major league.
The diamond League is not a major league. You're right about that. No one will let a boy from the yard into the major leagues. But there are a lot of such boys in the diamond league. They still demand(ask) change the rules as it is convenient for them. And they are outraged when big players fouling. No, it's definitely not the major league