• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2021

.RSS.

Farmer
My question is: do you really think we do not have anything to do????
If we wait for the daily prize to spend our tries... do we really need to get a vacation day off of work??????
Ok with missions... starting from 10/15 now they are steady over 50... but now this is getting really nuts.

NO WAY that people have to play candy crush all day long to get his own special grand prize.

Beside: what happens if I play in more than a single world?

I strongly recommend you guys to make something moderate, easier for everyone, otherwise the result will be that people will not make events anymore.
Waiting for lil animals jumping on the lake... waiting for things to get polished... always more time..
now... candy crush mode... really..

estrid

Baronet
The better booster-package costs 1230 coins. is it even possible to get that many just doing the tasks and searching for incisents?

iPenguinPat

Squire
OK. This is just initial thoughts. And am not commenting so much on the Event itself. It is to early to really do that.

But this pop the block thing has made me think. It is just a kids type phone or tablet game. It is maybe fine for a one off event. And is understandable if INNO no longer has (or can hire) a real game designer who can understand strategy as it pertains to a wider social form of game. You have to be able to get your head round designing for social interaction on a huge scale to be able to move a traditional game lie Forge of Empires forward.. And do so in a way that can appeal to a more adult logically minded audience. So. for now, this type of thing is all their present designers are capable of.

All the latest additions to the game as a whole, appear to be designed by people who cannot seem to see past playing simple games you play in isolation. It seems to me that if you step back and look at the game it is fast moving away from "Forge of Empires THE GAME". to Forge of Empires The Platform, for hosting a selection of mini games. The original game seems to be becoming an inconvenience. On the open market this new block popping game would have to compete along side a whole host of other similar ganes. Here is does not have to do so. Neither does the new PvP Event add on. Or The Settlements. and so on. None could stand on their own as games. but at least here there is a market for them. It worries me as I love the game. So I hope INNO manages to find a team or even one designer who can inspire others to think outside the box.

Very well said. Avg player age is 40, yet new features target much younger players.

The do not suggest list ends up killing most amazing crowd sourced ideas leaving only boring, played out ideas instead. (If we wanted to play candy crush for an hour+ a day, we'd just download it instead of a weak knock off).

Forge once thrived on community and rivalry. Each new feature and change pulls the game away from everything that once made it the game of the year.

That said, I know a large, active, diamond spending and buying community with a ton of amazing, well thought out, balanced ideas that'd be happy to offer fun/innovative ideas, but the dsl, among other things, is pushing the community away.

kafidav

Steward
hello I play on apple mobile no event for the moment there will be a planned bet? thank you in advance

aim83

Merchant
My verdict as of current progress (played several boards):
1. The mini-game seems to be much-much harder than other events we are used to play and have accustomed to.
2. Bosters WAAAAAY to expensive, but they help A LOT. Making them cheaper seems to be a viable way to ease the situation.
3. I constantly got myselt in a situation when paws or chests lays on top of bottom line blocks which are all different colors, and without using of boosters (hammer one, for example) this can't be solved properly.
4. Effect of Lightning booster seems to be very unpredictable, basically, when you use it, you can't prognose whether it makes the situation better or worse.
5. Unpredictability. How many coins we get in total? How many coins I can afford to spend on boosters? Am I going good or am I losing my opportunity to get main prize by playing the way I play? How can I come up with criteria for assessing the overall situation?
6. So many different ways to spend currency and so many different variables to account for. I think many will be confused by the situation and will make a lot of mistakes at first.

Please, pretty please! Devs, You should think of ways to facilitate the mini-game, and ways to educate the bulk of the players how to play it.
It looks cool, but as of now, it feels hard and unpredictable.
Changed my mind after some solved boards :)
Event mini-game is cool and smart. Takes some time to get used to it, but overall, nice work, Inno!
One of my favorite events, along with Archeology.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Any prognoses on how many diamonds should be spent to get 2nd main prize?

It depends on how efficient you are at the game. If you can average 4-5 paws per ticket, a second main prize might be close to free.

Assuming you have the surprise box:
20+60+60 = 140 paws gets you your first one
60*6 = 360 paws gets you your second one (assuming the base building is thrown in-between two upgrades as is usual)

So you need a total of 500 paws from your assumed 115 tickets to get a 2nd for free.

If you were to go for whole additional ones, 360 paws would take:
3 paws/ticket: 120 tickets = 21600 diamonds
4 paws/ticket: 90 tickets = 16200 diamonds
5 paws/ticket: 72 tickets = 13000 diamonds

Booster and extra turn use should be as sparing as possible to avoid additional costs and to justify the cost should be along the lines of 1 booster = 1 paw you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. 10 moves = 2 paws you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

shooter

Merchant
candy crush? a long time ago this "was" a war game.. as another person commented most players are adults not children. With everything else in game who has the time to play this? The events like the Archeology take more time then a side game should take to be successful and what is up with gain 2 30K Happiness in SAAB in the first few quests and it is now build 10 decos of age. That is almost 8 million supplies to delete them seconds later?

Last edited:
I like Match3 games and I'm part of the average player age.
I just don't like this match game.

Too slow
too tedious to get chests
chests have too low reward%
first make chests, then let them drop down? Too much
Design does not fit the game
Playing it is just not fun
Played 5 mins on beta and will not play it on live, let alone use diamonds on this event

1622721260219.png

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You have to have been "active" before the drop happens (which is usually at event start). So if you wait til the event or new feature starts to login you'll miss em.

Amount of diamonds varies depending on what it is they want us to test out. If you stay active on beta you'll be able to save up quite a bit to test something when you're interested.
I am daily active on Beta working on my city, also I did not get them despite
regularly testing out the new features.

Anyways I appreciate the attempt to implementing active mini games but the
execution of the chosen type of mini game is by the nature of that minigame
just frustrating. Topping it off with ridiculous quests like ''build X times a supply
building of your age'' and ''pay X amount of this resource.'' Sure very inspiring.
Would've loved to see some what more creativity there instead of Solly on the
minigame. For example complete X GbG fights or Y nog. in GbG, complete
X encounters in GE or have the first lvl completed, etc.
Better yet just introduce a dedicated event settlement with various unique twists
to that settlement similarly to current settlements but with twists like quests
requiring to complete certain achievements in the mini game of the event settlement
or something like that. Instead of the boring ''Pay this, build that'' quest drag.

Amphistaff

Farmer
This event is way too hard and very time consuming. I don't want to have to spend 15-20 minutes on a board trying to puzzle out how to get the one paw to the bottom. Overall I've been lucky to get 2 or 3 paws on a board. That feels really bad as a player. Maybe I can get a fully upgraded building, I can't tell at this point but the event is just not fun.

The reward chests also don't feel worth it. A 5* FP box doesn't even give 10FPs and the highest amount is still less than a 10% chance. That's so much worse than all the other events with a FP reward (like golden stag or the player from Forge Bowl or Soccer events). Those give 5, 10, or 20 which is a good return.