• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

PostModern Era

• Thread starter DeletedUser4040
  • Start date

DeletedUser4040

PME is reachable?
emoticon-00138-thinking.gif

DeletedUser

Seriusly, they have changed the description of the goods GBs! :mad: Now it says:

"Produces X unrefined goods needed to produce goods from the current age."

Ok, now I'm really, really disappointed... There are very many players that got these GBs and also the Wishing Wells just because they provided the goods from the current age. This means that you've lied to all of us.

You can't just change the description and conditions afterwards!

Will be interesting to see the reaction when this reaches the other servers... I'll never spend a single penny more on this game because I'll never know when the thing I bought will get nerfed, stripped and raped into something that I didn't even want.

*massive disappointment* :mad:

DeletedUser

*Just finished designing his town plan for 22 ME goods factories.

Why so serious buddy. It's not like they changed smth that was already out like PE or LMA goods or smth. Or like with Deal Castle. It doesn't effect anything in past at all. New age and new rules, worked well until now, now it works different. And they still give that 2x amount of CA goods I'm gladly gonna take, otherwise I'd need to get them from somewhere else.

DeletedUser

funny .
many low age player will be really confused

they don't know what unrefined goods are
and they think: why should I build that crappy Tower of Babel. I still need to produce my bronze age goods myself

DeletedUser

It's not like they changed smth that was already out like PE or LMA goods or smth. Or like with Deal Castle. It doesn't effect anything in past at all.

Of course they did. For instance, I got 4 Wishing Wells because they had a pretty high chance of getting, exactly, 10 goods from the current age. What about now? Answer: "Haha we lied, now in ME you'll just get 20 goods from CA!". I don't care for CA goods, and I'm not going to use my space nor population to build some goods buildings. That is why I got 4 wishing wells and the goods-GBs.

If this is ok, why don't they also nerf the Watchfires? So when we enter ME, Watchfires should only give +1% defensive boost. This is exactly what they've done, but with goods instead.

DeletedUser

funny .
many low age player will be really confused

they don't know what unrefined goods are
and they think: why should I build that crappy Tower of Babel. I still need to produce my bronze age goods myself

Hah, it could use some rephrasing indeed. I mean I consider my understanding of english pretty decient by now, and I wouldn't really get it if I didn't already know what it's supposed to be about.

I don't care for CA goods

You really should, ur gonna need them to produce ME goods :p

DeletedUser3499

Of course they did. For instance, I got 4 Wishing Wells because they had a pretty high chance of getting, exactly, 10 goods from the current age. What about now? Answer: "Haha we lied, now in ME you'll just get 20 goods from CA!". I don't care for CA goods, and I'm not going to use my space nor population to build some goods buildings. That is why I got 4 wishing wells and the goods-GBs.

If this is ok, why don't they also nerf the Watchfires? So when we enter ME, Watchfires should only give +1% defensive boost. This is exactly what they've done, but with goods instead.

So I take it you'll be trying to plunder everyone in sight? I would imagine the trade market will be pretty dry for those trying to trade previous age goods for ME ones...

DeletedUser

So I take it you'll be trying to plunder everyone in sight? I would imagine the trade market will be pretty dry for those trying to trade previous age goods for ME ones...

I already do that :D I don't fight for the towers, I just attack so that I can plunder ;) Now it will just get worse if this gets implemented, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one thinking like this.

DeletedUser3499

I already do that :D I don't fight for the towers, I just attack so that I can plunder ;) Now it will just get worse if this gets implemented, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one thinking like this.

Damn that's going to be a lot of plundering to get the required goods :p

DeletedUser

I am glad that some of you like the new goods idea BUT the fact remains : it's theft to advertise something and sell it for real money and then change the advertised features. I am pretty certain many people won't like it and will eventually leave the game. The new players that will come won't feel robbed, but for sure in the future they will be :D as it seems this is a common practice now. Until it was beta it was better as devs could hide behind the beta status....but now it's a little bit risky if you ask me....maybe some players after spending money to get GBs that produce CURRENT AGE goods might think to take legal actions ..it would be understandable

DeletedUser4182

this is completely wrong imo.
prog era was bad enough with the boring long battles forcing every1 to auto.
now this will force more players out of the game with the hump.
if this era is as bad as prog im off and im sure lots will feel the same.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
maybe some players after spending money to get GBs that produce CURRENT AGE goods might think to take legal actions ..it would be understandable

The devs might not follow everything the players want to be done, but neither they nor Innogames as a company lack intelligence. If you read the Terms and Conditions of use that every player agrees upon joining, you'll see that these changes are possible, all players agree to them. There is no background for legal action (a company that's expanded to this level would not overlook something so easy to get them to a lawsuit), although yes, players may leave because they don't like the feature. But some players will also remain, and new players will join. It's a fact that they cannot please everyone, they can only hope that their choices appeal to the majority of the players.

But it's not theft, as much as one can feel like being robbed, one has also agreed to the possible changes which the company can do if they believe it is done for balance or improving the game itself.

DeletedUser2752

Does anyone know what the description says if you're not in the ME? Is it still the same? If it is, won't the new players have the same opinion as us once they hit the ME?

DeletedUser

phantom, don't count on it....contracts with abusive clauses are not valid just because they are signed in good will.....just ask American consumers...misleading and trickery are not covered by general meaning clauses...any law graduate knows this.

Still don't you think dealing with other issues, that really hurt the game, might have been better ? What will be done with the piles of unnecessary blueprints ----still nothing?

But back on topic, if you ask me this doesn't slow down at all development, on the contrary....it speeds it up because you already can make goods with boosted production from day 1 of the new era.....and if you move like all big players do (fast on new map with 50 diamonds per territory) you'll get 4 out of 5 goods made really fast. Knowing how active some players are, plunder is out of the question. Even less active player with 1 log-in per day will pile huge amounts of goods faster than relying on GBs production. Not to mention already huge CA goods stocks that big players got.... I really don't see how this ''great idea'' adds value to the game, apart from adding another boost for big players.

So this is, by all accounts, a badly planned move....it just seem that the devs don't foresee and don't plan ahead like that big company that you describe would.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
phantom, don't count on it....contracts with abusive clauses are not valid just because they are signed in good will.....just ask American consumers...misleading and trickery are not covered by general meaning clauses...any law graduate knows this.

There is nothing abusive in saying the company keeps the right to apply changes to content already made public, if the company believes it will appeal to the majority of the population. Inno has a law department, I'm sure they know their work. As for asking American consumers... depends which ones you ask, I guess. You'd be surprised the number of US players within the game who believe they can use offensive language and insult others because they have "the right of free speech". Not everyone is a law graduate, and not everyone understands law.

Still don't you think dealing with other issues, that really hurt the game, might have been better ? What will be done with the piles of unnecessary blueprints ----still nothing?

Fixing anything would have prolonged making Modern Era public. They can't have players sitting with nothing to do --- adding a full new era and a big addition like guild wars will keep all players busier than just a single feature. I too am anxious to see many features that are needed and/or have been promised, but from a company's perspective getting out a new age and guild wars is far more important.

So this is, by all accounts, a badly planned move....it just seem that the devs don't foresee and don't plan ahead like that big company that you describe would.

I would say it was not a planned move, but was chosen when it became clear that Goods Buildings are becoming useless with Great Buildings and Wishing Wells and what not. So it is, in fact, a very smart move to bring back the use of Goods Buildings, to force players to trade, to plunder, and simply to do more than just build a few fancy buildings that will cover their every need, and without having to worry about the goods being plundered.

To a player who has completely gotten rid of Goods Buildings (or has been planning to), or has been plundering their neighbors like hell because all his goods came from these buildings and they had nothing special to lose, obviously this new change won't appeal. But it should appeal to everyone else, because the fact that everyone gets to go back to producing goods and is vulnerable, is actually quite smart. It saves a major game feature - goods buildings, and I don't see how that going obsolete would have been considered "great" by anyone.

Does anyone know what the description says if you're not in the ME? Is it still the same? If it is, won't the new players have the same opinion as us once they hit the ME?

It says "Produces # current goods. From Modern Era on, produces 2x# unrefined goods instead."

Where the # is the number of goods it says it produces.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

phantom, you're funny...hope inno gives you some diamonds :D With the law part you're way off as if some clauses in a contract breach other rights are bound to be dissolved. For your understanding (as my english might be a bit rusty) : if I make a contract in which I say you are my slave and you sign it , it's just a piece of paper and nothing more as I breach your right to freedom. Don't believe movies when it comes to law. There is always a case when real money are involved and people are scammed, regardless of what contracts are in place. end of story.

also saying it's smart to make a thing and then destroying that very thing because you came to the conclusion that it's not what you've intended it's quite priceless :D

here is the planning part for you to understand:

1. inno devs : let's make GBs that give goods ! - part done
2. inno planning ahead : WAIT !!! these GBs will give too much goods and players won't need prod. buildings !! (or something) - part not done
not so smart .....

It's like a person shoots another but doesn't take into account that it might kill it. Unfortunately they just do things by trial and error....that's not professional .

you'll see....it's nothing more than another boost for big players

DeletedUser

just wondering:
will there be a modern era province in GvG ?
(logically there must be one because still smog on the map)

there the people would still need thousands of ME goods

introducing a new element which cost you an unbelievable huge amount of goods
and taking people the opportunity to get those needed goods from their GBs doesn't fit together

DeletedUser

I would say it was not a planned move, but was chosen when it became clear that Goods Buildings are becoming useless with Great Buildings and Wishing Wells and what not. So it is, in fact, a very smart move to bring back the use of Goods Buildings, to force players to trade, to plunder, and simply to do more than just build a few fancy buildings that will cover their every need, and without having to worry about the goods being plundered.

To a player who has completely gotten rid of Goods Buildings (or has been planning to), or has been plundering their neighbors like hell because all his goods came from these buildings and they had nothing special to lose, obviously this new change won't appeal. But it should appeal to everyone else, because the fact that everyone gets to go back to producing goods and is vulnerable, is actually quite smart. It saves a major game feature - goods buildings, and I don't see how that going obsolete would have been considered "great" by anyone.

+1. Unfair may it seem, gaming wise it makes absolute sense. I have all the GBs that produce goods in my main town except babel. I also have 15 wishing wells and 19 goods producing GBs in my smaller 7 worlds(7 LoA, 7 StM, 5 RAH). So I will also be majorly effected by this change, as I lose problaby more of my advanatage than many of my competators in relation. But it makes the game little harder, bringing back goods factories to be more relative again. I produced goods only for the first few days of PE and last week noticed I had around 10k PE goods there and traded around 5k away, that's pretty boring and not really fair either. Besides I know I'm best at pretty much anything, esp at adapting, so having to produce my own goods, I think I'd also do it more effective than my competators, so it's a win-win for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

I don't know what to say about this change now. It feels like after getting a certain amount of CA goods, they will become useless to obtain and most of the GBs that do produce these goods will loose value as well. GvG will really take a hit once you hit the ME as well. I also feel that I'm needing more goods than usual to complete the ME tech. I usually have 2 current-age goods buildings (-1 from my current GBs), and 1 previous age goods building, but it looks like I'm gonna need at least double just to finish the tech at a normal 24fp-a-day pace.

DeletedUser

I don't think the way the devs nerfed goods GBs is a very smart move. It's a fact that GBs produce too many goods during 5-month waiting period. And the solution devs have chosen is to double goods production from GBs. Did anyone think what will happen to CA goods market 2-3 months after ME introduction?