• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I mentioned before how it would be nice to have a week or so of a break for players who have moved up an age, what I did not mean with that was wrongly called ages for opponents. Had about 3 or 4 opponents at least so far that had a full blown Colonial army despite being called as being in the LMA. Checked afterward and they were actually already in the colonial age.

How can that be and also on my phone I can still check what Era they are actually in but on my laptop I now would always have to visit their city to make sure that they are actually on LMA as said for the second position and not in CA with troops I cannot fight.

That definitely has to be fixed. Also the fact that on the computer I can type in ranking page 180 for example to see the 800th positions while on the phone I have to scroll through them 100 by hundred.

Ach all in all I still really don't like it. And from the activity in the arena and the comments here it seem not many do... And I really hope you don't do the mistake again and bring it to the life world's cause it will be as bad as before
We are aware of this.
The era of the defense sadly only updates when the season restarts

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I won't be opening my wallet for this if that was Inno's intention.

I'd be very happy to spend real money on this game if there was anything worth buying. I've been playing since the launch, but now I feel the players who initially funded this game have nothing to tempt them to spend. Instead of trying to change established features like the towers into a cash cow, why not properly engage with experienced players to find out what they would be prepared to pay for?
I do not see how this feature would need you to spend diamonds.

Forge of Empires is a free to play game with plenty of opportunities to gain diamonds through quests, battlegrounds and the expedition for example. Maybe the Innogames game with the easiest way to 'gather' diamonds for free. Most grand prizes can be gained at their max lvl without spending a single diamond. If you choose to expedite your game by spending diamonds, or want to spend diamonds to try to get a change at a daily prize or revive/heal lost units, that's up to you but you do not need to spend diamonds if you don't want too.

Back to the Arena, you get a certain amount of daily attempts and you can buy more with medals or diamonds. You get 12 attempts for free every day given the fact that you need to spend attempts every 9:59 hours, and if you theoretically 10 out of 12 own age fights, it would net you every season about 85.000 points bringing you at least in the crystal league. With the extra attempts from the leagues it would maybe even get you to 90.000 points of the 100.000 points.
Without spending medals and diamonds, you can almost complete all personal rankings and you can compete with other players directly 1v1.
Sure, you might not be the best player on your world or age in the ranking because there are players that like this feature, have fun with it and are willing to spend medals or diamonds on it, just like other players do on guild versus guild or battlegrounds.

You do not have to spend diamonds on this feature to almost complete your personal rankings, the only thing you would sacrifice are units with a chance to receive a random reward after every battle.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I do not see how this feature would need you to spend diamonds.

That's my point.

You can buy extra attempts with diamonds or medals - guess which one I would go for if I were interested in playing this! So if Inno aren't making any profit, why change the old PvP? Why change something that nobody ever complained about? Why upset some of your players without any discernible benefit to the company?

Given the response to this "feature" I would just call it bad PR.

Thunderdome

Emperor
If they removed the army bonuses, then every battle would be a challenge. It would be interesting to change the defense, to choose the attacking army. But it's all boring, boring, boring now.
It'll be a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Grenade Launcher.

I've pulled back from this feature. It seems to be more like GE without the negotiation, relic, or time limit bits. If that didn't get anyone bored much quicker, it would be the plethora of bots and/or the ridiculously low rewards for the effort. This feature serves more as event/daily quest fodder when such asks for defeating a certain number of units or winning a certain number of battles. There is really no PVP (more like PVE) in any of this.

you can compete with other players directly 1v1
I really don't see how when most of the entities I battled were of bots and not a real recognizable player. "Directly" would have both "real" players at their devices contemplating their moves and strategy in being the last one standing and winning the fight in real time, not some "you were attacked by so-so x hours ago". We don't even have a replay on this feature to see what was used against us so we can re-allocate/assign units for a better defense.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If they removed the army bonuses, then every battle would be a challenge. It would be interesting to change the defense, to choose the attacking army. But it's all boring, boring, boring now.
I very strongly agreed. Personally I think this feature could bring an more meaningful PvP to the table by not allowing any GB bonus in those battles. Although it's still kinda PvE it's more real Player vs Player performance.
I'm not exactly sure if defeated defences and victorious defences should be counted in your PvP performance. I would rather like something like attacking only as this represents more the players' performance as the defensive AI performance is influencing the ranking now and the various bonuses

jovada

Regent
No mather what the mods trying to tell us (yes a few players like the pvp, but a lot don't) it is still boring, boring , boring.
With the old pvp towers you had a target before you and you know the points of the player behind you. (of course only for the neighbourhood) now you only see the points you receive and have no target to motivate you.
You may say you have a target now in the pvp , but i don't want to play it because boring , boring, boring.
The old pvp tower showed you the targets when you fight everywhere ( except expedition)

So i have a suggestion , why not show us the two players before us and the two players behind us in the global ranking with each fight you do, that gives us back a target and motivation.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I start to understand why they removed the old towers. It was very vulnerable for abuse and lots of times battle points exploits were used in order to gain an advantage over opponents or just competing those calculations who using them. Examples are with PME double fights where introduced. Winning the first fight and giving up before the second started enabled endless points. This was later resolved by not granting points before winning both waves. Later GvG was exploited numerous times, resulting in the restrictions on GvG to limit points ping pong. Still GvG got abused for those points. As if stands it seems to Inno is done and over with this and thus created the PvP arena.

As for points of improvements for the PvP arena. I would prefer as suggested before that GB bonuses are not influencing the battles. I would like to see for the defensive armies a separated ranking for defending and no penalties for defence breaches or better yet not any player defending army. As in the old towers this didn't effect the ranking anyways and it only motivates to exploit the missions to obtain units from later ages then the player is in. As this strongly reduces the risk of defence breaches in the arena and thus negative influence on the results.
This would make more a ranking based off skills in battle rather then who has the biggest GB bonuses and biggest money or exploited the missions the best.
As a feature itself it feels empty. Just a bunch of extra fights for points to obtain some rewards. Don't get me wrong I love battles but this feels empty and meaningless. I would like to see also a weekly nb ranking based off battle points from battles of the Cmap, raiding the hood, GE and perhaps GbG. This would be a true replacement of the old towers. Rather then being something completely new.

Gab.

Farmer
The new pvp are fantastic, the mechanics are excellent and many good prizes are won. When do you bring them as they are now, on real servers

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
As a favorite company that we are all
let's talk based on numbers
before embedding it in the live servers
you saw the statistics ?
ie how much the players participate in it
and the amount they fell statistics of the total time
that the players were dealing with the FOE?

Sorry for the English
is by automatic translation
the text in Greek

Σαν μια αγαπημενη παρεα που ειμαστε ολοι
ας μιλησουμε βαση των αριθμων
πριν το ενταξετε στους ζωντανους σερβερς
ειδατε τα στατιστικα ?
δηλ ποσο συμμετεχουν οι παιχτες σε αυτο
και ποσο επεσαν τα στατιστικα του συνολικου χρονου
που ασχολιοντουσαν οι παιχτες με το φοε ?

bromtor

Squire
The new pvp are fantastic, the mechanics are excellent and many good prizes are won. When do you bring them as they are now, on real servers
LOL what a good joke this is. 90 % think its garbage.
I spend all my old units on naughbors to be shore i loos them whats the point keeping them without the PVP theres no fun fighting on multple era.
Only thing left is a very boring game i think spend about 90 % lesser time on beta then i used to do harvest , put fp at the trains play some GE thats its the fun is gone.

qaccy

Emperor
Sheesh, even after all this time people are still carrying on like something was lost with the removal of the neighborhood towers. Do they understand that they can still get points from battles and can still attack and plunder their neighbors? The towers' removal has no impact on either of those things.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Sheesh, even after all this time people are still carrying on like something was lost with the removal of the neighborhood towers. Do they understand that they can still get points from battles and can still attack and plunder their neighbors? The towers' removal has no impact on either of those things.

It´s true, but now it's an individual activity. You cannot compete with your neighbors for the first place, which gives all the fun to the game.
I´m playing for more than 8 years and almost all those years I have played PvP.
PvP did not give interesting prizes that would arouse our greed, as any special building gives you more medals than it did, but its real prize was fun..
I´ve made several good friends competing PvP. We died with laughing at the end of Sundays trying to enter the last battle that gave us the victory. It was not a malicious competition (except for some sick situations), it was competition for fun.
Unfortunately, it has died and with it the joy and laughter. I will miss it so much.

Last edited: