• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

Retired Guy

Marquis
Just adding my two cents that if the bakeries are in a row, the bonuses should apply as well.. chain of 3, chain of 4, triangle(3), rectangle(4), or star(4), the set bonuses should apply..

LordVaderIII

Marquis
If you have 3 Level 6 Bakeries, then only the middle bakery would receive the set bonus for 2 buildings, the two outer buildings would receive only one bonus.
1603488739793.png
There is the splash screen and that is clearly the chain icon indicated. Could Inno no figure out how to get it to work so they changed it?

You can pass it on, but that doesn't mean anything will change... The buildings even all three together are not good enough to place in cities, nobody has figured out the chaining because nobody is building them.

GateKeeper

Baronet
If you have 3 Level 6 Bakeries, then only the middle bakery would receive the set bonus for 2 buildings, the two outer buildings would receive only one bonus.
Thanks for confirming the the bonuses...even if it is terrible news ;) There is a lot of badness in this event though as I/we have previously posted. Hopefully decision makers are listening.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was talking about "double show 2 is still 2 and not 4"

and that people don't like since 2013 (or was 2012 the first winter event with stars and presents to open)

so how likely is that this will be changed after such a long time ?

people really love that double 2 = 2 and getting shuffle randomly ?

I've been pretty happy with the event style since I started playing - at one point it was my favorite (by now archaeology/hallowe'en are my favorite event style).

Sure "Show 4" would be nice as double-show 2, but I was accepting that that wasn't the case. And the shuffle is part of what makes it interesting - even if sometimes that shuffle is what makes things frustrating.

I've not been happy with the event prizes for it since they upped the ante and moved to the "new splashy grand prize every event" system (prior to 2017 events were mostly just ways to get rogue hideouts or SoKs so the new prizes for the event were not terribly important)

2017 Winter Village - AWFUL
2018 Winter Spire - Meh. Was good enough to build for the time but not exciting.
2019 Winter Train - Niche. FP cars mesh really well with blue galaxy, but the other cars are not good enough to consider. As individual buildings, the trains were buildable.
2020 Winter Bakery - Bad; Still not quite as bad as the winter village (even in relative terms) but certainly not motivating. I won't build them as is at all except in newly developing cities.

2020 Winter Bakery - Bad; Still not quite as bad as the winter village (even in relative terms) but certainly not motivating. I won't build them as is at all except in newly developing cities.
They're way too big to put in a baby city, unlikely a BA player will be a diamond miner to even get all three buildings and fully upgraded too.

knuckle510

Farmer
Did, I miss something or is there a Questline to follow. I forgot to find out when I got here for the Winter Event. I have one for the Halloween when it came up in my Main world.. but I don't have a Winters Event Quest line for here...tks

Did, I miss something or is there a Questline to follow. I forgot to find out when I got here for the Winter Event. I have one for the Halloween when it came up in my Main world.. but I don't have a Winters Event Quest line for here...tks
Are you playing on mobile or computer? Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app on mobile, clear you cache/history on PC.

GateKeeper

Baronet
as expected, the past week, only getting 2-4 tries per day, its hard to find a key, has anyone found a key for any of days 16 through 21? i have a lockpick tomorrow and want to use it "wisely"..... if possible

1603684848827.png

Fenix

Viceroy
as expected, the past week, only getting 2-4 tries per day, its hard to find a key, has anyone found a key for any of days 16 through 21? i have a lockpick tomorrow and want to use it "wisely"..... if possible

Only 16:

Last edited by a moderator:

estrid

Baronet
I just got "double" and the next tile was "show two" and it really did show only two, not four, and doubling was gone. Huge disappointment.
If the doubling cannot be used sensibly on the next opening, it should at least keep on until the next opening where it makes sense.

estrid

Baronet

View attachment 6177
Calendar: I have got open 18 =medals (2400 for me, colonial age) and 21 =8h mass coin rush

I'm also interested to know of what's behind the other doors for future use.
Got to fandom... Thanks for the link, Fenix!

Last edited:
At 16th I got 10 fp's and not the Sentinel Outpost, so maybe all those are in some way "random" ?
At 18th : medals and ...
at 19th : 3 fragments of WW shrink kit