• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

CrashBoom

Legend
thank you for giving us back the old towers
medals are really needed. the Arc produces too little of them

and looks like nobody wants the useless things like: the one up kit and rogue hideout the arena gave me in the past

I really can understand people who wants the old rewards and not the new ones

Owl II

Emperor
Its just like moving from the radio to the tv, the world turns and you're trying to tell me why I need to keep an old radio when the tv is just better in all areas.
Its just like moving from the radio to the tv, the world turns and you're trying to tell me why I need to keep an old radio when the tv is just better in all areas.
If this new TV is broken and doesn't make sounds, then you still need a radio. If this radio is old and creaking, you have to save it anyway. The reason the Guild members fight together is only for prestige. Everything else(GE, GBG) is just a farm of personal rewards. You will not get the prestige there will differentiate you from others. It is in GVG only

PackCat

Squire
I've done gvg for years with a #1 guild until gbg came out. It was about a half hour out of my day right before/after recalc.
That is the problem with GVG. It is only good for who happens to be online at reset.
It is 15-30 mins of fighting then nothing for the rest of the day.
This is 3am in the morning for me.
I did not like the 4 hour reset any better.

That is the problem with GVG. It is only good for who happens to be online at reset.
Not if you work with other guild members to set up skirmish groups in different time zones to attack the enemy when he is sleeping. (Me bad) For instance if the guild has members in the UK or Europe there is a six to 8 hour hour time difference. Then GvG can work round the clock. Other guilds also get time zone members to watch the map so you end up having battles. It makes for some "interesting dialogue" between you and your enemies. It does mean a greater degree of tactical planning so that those in different time zones all work in ways that help the guilds objectives. So adds to the fun.

Umbrathor

Baronet
@Umbrathor learn to read first , i never said dudettas was a liar, i said pinoccio is working there and that was ment for the devs or "the other sources", dudettas IS NOT the other source.

A little bit cheap of you to play suddenly the avenging inno angel.
If you didn't mean Dudettas, then I take that back.

You make a mistake as well though: I am not an Inno avenging angel. In my post I made it clear that I think Inno is making big mistakes too.
I am, indeed, an avenging angel for people in thankless customer service positions, like Dudettas. They have few means to defend themselves from the undeserved attacks directed at them. I am glad you explained that the Pinocchio attack was not aimed at her.

Umbrathor

Baronet
@Umbrathor, Inno is deactivating the Arena. Would they if the data were good?
You are reacting to a later decision. At the time of your post, and Dudettas post about alternative feedback that you repllied to, that feedback did not (yet) give Inno reason to not discontinue the Arena.

Apparently, the feedback had been more positive. Which suggests a fair number of beta testers people were playing the Arena. And apparently that changed around the time that the Arena was introduced on the EN international server(s).

Umbrathor

Baronet
@Umbrathor, I'm one of the players who test everything, also this arena
You can't get feedback based on how many players play the arena ... I still play it too but it doesn't mean I'm participating and I like it, I'm only there to see the evolution of things.
You are absolutely right in saying that 'testing a feature' is not the same as 'playing (a feature of) the game'. However, if a large amount of testers play the arena, without giving negative feedback, that can be interpreted as 'apparently they like it'.

Imagine for a moment that you are a game developer. And say, for the sake of argument, that 40% of testers are playing (testing) a feature, and only 2% of them are sending negative feedback, how would you interpret that?

The main point I made is that the amount of people using a game feature IS feedback.

Arwaren

Squire
Apparently, the feedback had been more positive. Which suggests a fair number of beta testers people were playing the Arena. And apparently that changed around the time that the Arena was introduced on the EN international server(s).
The reason for introducing Arena to EN:
"We are aware that many of you are experiencing battles that may seem unbalanced. This is to be expected in a server of our size and you should begin to see more balance as the Arena progresses."
In the EN forum, people were giving the same arguments that were here ... According to your logic, if there were even more people playing there, why are they removing it? After all, there are more players on the international server, so probably more people have used the Arena than here. But they removed it after the week...

Sinitar

Regent
Imagine for a moment that you are a game developer. And say, for the sake of argument, that 40% of testers are playing (testing) a feature, and only 2% of them are sending negative feedback, how would you interpret that?

The main point I made is that the amount of people using a game feature IS feedback.
Imagine when you got only negative feedback for 2 months in a row indipendent if the same player or new players..Who doesn't send a feedback, he play as a passive role and is agree with who had sended a feedback negative or positive like when you're at the election of the mayor,president or governors of your region

Yekk

Regent
When this feature is fixed Inno can start a new thread. The conversation has stepped from one where we are working to a satifactory solution to one player blaming all.. I suggest this thread be closed

Emperor XX

Farmer
Okay, I dont keep up with this thread since its so huge
But I just wanna say Im so glad this PvP arena has been disabled.
Moving forward, I think Inno had good intentions with the PvP arena. What they put into action was simply underwhelming and too broken to enjoy. I think that if Inno gets working on a new PvP feature such as a map, that could actually be a feature a lot of players like. Sure, we already have two maps with BG and GvG, but a lot of players dont do GvG and a map would just be cool. I like the current PvP system of "attack your neighbors and plunder" but I want it taken to the next level. The PvP arena wasnt the next level because it was nothing more than attacking other players and moving on with your day, which is what we already had. The next level would be a PvP map. In my opinion, the bigger the better. Have as many people in an age as possible participate. The hood might be a good idea, but then it would have to restart every hood change. So that would make it more like a Battlegrounds than a GvG, but either way, I think a PvP map of any kind would be exciting. Just my opinion. I think that this could really make up for a lot of the disappointment of the failed PvP arena and get players excited again. Every new feature is a wave of excitement (or dread as we have seen) throughout the FoE community. I dont think that a PvP map would be taken badly by many. I think the FoE community would like it. Just consider it Inno before you think PvP is a lost cause ;)

Also to my fellow forumers: I posted about how Inno neeeds to listen to all of your feedback more and trust you. I wanst prepared for all of the positive reactions and im grateful for it. I hope Inno listened to what I said and used it guide them to their decision.

Umbrathor

Baronet
The reason for introducing Arena to EN:
"We are aware that many of you are experiencing battles that may seem unbalanced. This is to be expected in a server of our size and you should begin to see more balance as the Arena progresses."
In the EN forum, people were giving the same arguments that were here ... According to your logic, if there were even more people playing there, why are they removing it? After all, there are more players on the international server, so probably more people have used the Arena than here. But they removed it after the week...
What I mean is that I assume many players on beta were playing the Arena, before they introduced it to EN servers.

CrashBoom

Legend
great towers
70 of 80 players in the hood get nothing
and the rest only a few medals

that is very good

was terrible to get from the arena: an one up kit, a rogue hideout, and a few little other things

antoto51

Farmer
Merci de nous avoir rendu les tours JcJ
Thanks for returning the PvP towers to us.
ça ne vas pas durer, normalement dés que les modifications sont fini l’arène reviendra
it won't last, normally as soon as the modifications are finished the arena will come back

Fenix

Viceroy
For those that think the towers are just obsolete: I am colonial, I have a 80 level arc, I do not need medals. But my neighbourhood competition in there is a reality. This happens in beta and in live servers.
1599954743692.png
1599954874900.png

Last edited: