• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

shad2389

Viceroy
Also, I do not like the idea that the progress caries over from week to week. Basically ensuring that the same top players lock up the best rewards forever. Make the standing completely reset every week like the current PvP towers do. Make everyone (auto)fighting for the top spots every week. With ranks carrying over every week you might as well just deposit the top rewards in the same players inventory now. This just turns into an Inno gift for the highest few players/spenders on each world.
am with you on this their new feature is completely ridiculous

Azertonn

Merchant
he was talking about actual pvp it's 1 of the tech's you reserch befor EMA and you can't go far in EMA without unlocking it

No he was talking about both across multiple which lead to a misleading or confusing assertions. I have read all of @Zolta 's post. Zolta wants a way to opt-out of the new PvP feature, and maybe the original PvP feature, but is upset that you can not do so by avoiding the tech completion. It is true you could get into but not through EMA without researching the original PvP tech. However, you may be able to avoid the new one by avoiding the new tech.

Azertonn

Merchant
am with you on this their new feature is completely ridiculous

It is a lot like the GbG feature, a shiny new toy they rush out to wow players and increase spending, but not a fully flushed out idea. Look at GbG, the guild ranking was meant to mean something and give guilds another way to compete for world rank. However, the way it was structured every guild with a pulse will eventually have max MMR and the only way to get world rank for a guild is back to GvG.

Inno please fully back this currently half-baked new feature before you rush it out to the live servers. In it's current format it is at best a interesting concept.

PvP%20-%20Battle.png

am I the only one seeing something really disturbing here? How can a player with 0% attack and 32% def be classified as medium level of difficulty and at the same time a guy in the same age with 119% attack and 848% def is medium level again. And both bring same points.. Looks like they need to work out on that ranking algo for some more time

Azertonn

Merchant
My apologies @Zolta , @shad2389 , @CrashBoom , and anyone else that wasted some time on my comment about the avoiding the new PvP research. I now see how they are nestling it into an already existing tech that would be required to complete that ear's tech tree.

Azertonn

Merchant
PvP%20-%20Battle.png

am I the only one seeing something really disturbing here? How can a player with 0% attack and 32% def be classified as medium level of difficulty and at the same time a guy in the same age with 119% attack and 848% def is medium level again. And both bring same points.. Looks like they need to work out on that ranking algo for some more time

My understanding is the difficulty rating is based on the other player's current ranking in the PvP tower and not the strength of their defense.

shad2389

Viceroy
No he was talking about both across multiple
he was talking to me lol and we were talking about how to avoid pvp i told him you could by not reserching pvp he said it was necesary to go up in tech tree i said not necesary you can go to EMA without researching it read back conversation mate but you can't go far in EMA without reserching it

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I guess both of them are the spoken of NPC that are used when there is no decent opponent available from the player base - those apparently are always rated "medium". That the last one is rated as easy might be related to the player's set army being of a lower age or of minor quantity.

Only guesses though. It also might only be a mockup or an image of an outdated state of the feature.

abacuses

Farmer
It's absolutely pathetic that Inno spent all this time and this was the best they could do. Autofight only? What's the point? Why not just say, "in lieu of the PVP, we will just randomly give you points based on the DA you have for your city" ... AO doesn't work ... this is a pile a manure. Of course they did manage to throw in a diamond sale here; heaven forbid they miss that feature. But the entire platform was poorly thought out with the end user completely ignored. You have live head-to-head auctions with the antiques dealer. Why wouldn't you offer the same for PVP. Let two people manually fight each other at the same time based on who is in the tower at the moment ... just like AD. Why not allow AO to work? That's dumb. If you were wanting a lot of positive feedback, this is NOT how you get it.

Justme2017

Farmer
Will attack/defensive boosts from inventory or Tavern be applied to PVP Arena as well as main city when activated?
Will there be a default defensive army in place for people who don't set one up and if so will it be stronger than 2 spearmen?

Last edited:

Aether7

Farmer
Please leave any feedback for the new PvP Arena here.
You can find all the details here
Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

How does this new (global) PvP Arena necessitate removing the (neighborhood) Tower Battle? I enjoy competing/comparing with neighbors in the towers each week as I do GE, GBG and GvG. The metal rewards are not very good, but its more about the competition, winning and having your name displayed as the champion in each tower the following week.

Please leave the Tower Battle alone. You can have your PvP Arena as a separate stand alone feature. Thank you.

DeletedUser

How does this new (global) PvP Arena necessitate removing the (neighborhood) Tower Battle? I enjoy competing/comparing with neighbors in the towers each week as I do GE, GBG and GvG. The metal rewards are not very good, but its more about the competition, winning and having your name displayed as the champion in each tower the following week.

Please leave the Tower Battle alone. You can have your PvP Arena as a separate stand alone feature. Thank you

Removing the PvP towers we have now is a problem but InnoGames wount see it as a problem (yet)

Most top players use the towers without really thinking about it, this will be like
"you don't know what u got until it's gone"
when its gone the fun of competing and comparing will be gone too, and when thats gone some players will lose interest in the game...... and at some point down that line InnoG will see the problem.

Zolhex

Merchant
How do you know it will be a required tech in the EMA tree? I can not see the new tech in my beta server research tree. I would suspect there is a fair chance it wont be required. If it was it might be more difficult to insert into a research tree for players that are long past the EMA research.
And you have failed this forum thread!

The conversation was on talking about the need for the Military Tactics Tech in Iron Age that already exists and has been in the game for well as long as there has been PVP. (8 years?)

And um there is no new tech being added. at least what you say about not being able to see the new tech seems like you think we were talking about a new tech which there is not.

Here are a couple of additional questions:

I assume that all battles in the PvP tower will be one wave battles, but is that true?

So, if I can battle past the attrition barrier in GbG with autobattle doing 2 wave battles, in what world would my troops ever lose in a single wave PvP tower battle?