• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Changes

DeletedUser10121

We sell the Face to the...Dealer.
We sell the Gate to the...Dealer.
We sell the TF to the...Dealer.

Doin' the GE crap dance.

But really, this is an okay update for the average player and pretty much entirely useless to advanced cities. GE was already pretty much useless for advanced cities other than Dealer fodder, diamonds, and the small chance you get something useful from relics, so this update makes GE slightly worse for advanced cities that have no need for mediocre buildings.

Not everything has to be a home run, but I feel like this is a sacrifice bunt for advanced players and a single for the average player. Not terrible, but also not that useful if the runner is stranded on base for 3 years waiting to finally score a run (TF upgrade). Eventually that runner is going to realize he'd rather just leave the field to go take a dump and play Candy Crush. It's almost as bad as the excessively drawn-out Egyptian settlement. Congrats, we are now competing with Israelite slaves for longest time spent in Egyptian captivity. If we aren't awarded a Moses avatar after the 12th settlement, I am gonna be ticked.
This cracked me up in laughter, I agree with most of it

qaccy

Emperor
But actually we have better buildings than this.
Terrace Farm(level 2) gives 0.4‬ forge points for 1x1 tile
Olympic Treasury (level 10) gives 0,4 ‬forge points for 1x1 tile(is smaller than Terrace Farm and gives also other bonuses)
The Crow's Nest (level 8) gives 0,32 forge points for 1x1 tile or 0,8 forge points for 1x1 tile
The Airship (level 11) gives 0,43 forge points for 1x1 tile
Abandoned Asylum (level 9) gives 0,44‬ forge points for 1x1 tile
Statue of Honor(level 7 and 8) gives 0,58 forge points for 1x1 tile

I don't think Terrace Farm is OP. The building is balanced with buildings that have now appeared

That's not the whole issue, really. Don't forget that, as you pointed out, all of those other buildings you mention are after MULTIPLE upgrades. The TF only takes ONE. Which means that either the TF is overpowered, or everything else is underpowered, based on output increase per upgrade.

wow, now it's really hard, feels like GE level 5 with level 4 missing in between ;) in SAAB the battle bosts of the armies in level 4 are increased by more than 100.

With my Attack-GBs at level 71 to 73, most battles are doable in manual mode (no chance with autobattle) - but battle #11 at level 4 seems impossible:
8 Nailstorms with 398% boost in the first wave - any ideas what to use for attacking?

I used the ol' faithful 1+7 Rogue setup with a B.E.L.T. Granted that's on live with the lower values, but I also only have a 301% attack bonus and I was still hitting hard enough to knock the Nails out in two shots (or one with a damage bonus). Of course, the second wave is a breeze after that, though I did take a couple of hits from the Shredders since I couldn't kill them fast enough due to starting with 7 Rogues.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's not the whole issue, really. Don't forget that, as you pointed out, all of those other buildings you mention are after MULTIPLE upgrades. The TF only takes ONE. Which means that either the TF is overpowered, or everything else is underpowered, based on output increase per upgrade.

Output increase per upgrade isn't a standard (not even remotely close - look how the max level of event buildings vary from event to event; more total levels does not necessarily mean a better building). The terrace farm upgrades are rarer, so the power they offer is higher. All that matters at the end is the end-result 'is this upgraded terrace farm worth building or not?' which FP/tile is an appropriate measure for.

But the TF is balanced by it's rarity. In a single event you can get multiple (i.e. all) upgrades for those multi-level event buildings. In a single GE you probably won't get one. In a single event you can purchase as many of those fully leveled buildings as your bank can support. You can't buy a TF upgrade.

So the Terrace Farm is fine in my opinion.

The diamond rate reduction is also kind of a false flag as well. The chance to get diamonds was 50/50 before. The chance of getting diamonds vs. the prior alternative remains at the same ratio. The only difference is you might get a rare upgrade instead of diamonds or the alternative once in a blue moon. While the percentage has changed, the reality hasn't changed all that much.

The real problem with this update is the rewards are targeted to lesser cities, but are only available to more advanced cities that won't desire them. This is only exacerbated by making GE4 harder. This is the same issue as the reward changes in GBG. I'm think I'm seeing a trend here...

Arwaren

Squire
The real problem with this update is the rewards are targeted to lesser cities, but are only available to more advanced cities that won't desire them.
I think developers would like to increase difficulty 4th level of guild expeditions and they were looking for an excuse to introduce it. And this excuse is you can get an upgrade kit to buildings where you can increase stats like attack and defense. But you need to increase stats early because you don't have enough power to fight in the 4th level where you can get an upgrade kit building where you can increase stats...

So the reason to increase difficulty 4th level is dumb. Buildings and the upgrade should be also in previous levels.

But the real reason is... reduce the number of players earning diamonds. Since it is harder fewer players will have a chance to get it

Fenix

Viceroy
I think that almost nothing as changed for the lower rank player. The chances are that he already are accustomed to do the 4st level with negotiations, and apparently that has not changed.
I finish the 4º level, but I have not gained any upgrades (and that's fine, I got the diamonds, and pf's).

lionboy44

Farmer
What many don't seem to realise is that, when Guild Expedititons were released, TFs were (among) the best buildings in the game. That was even BEFORE the Indian Palace set. This update is long overdue and finally brings TFs back to where they started. On par with current Event buildings (slightly less FP production than the current event buildings, which also have additional effects like goods or attack bonus).
So no, 12 FP isn't too much. Especially considering the amount of TFs you will be able to get.

Is it a building for really high level player? Probably not, because those mostly go for attack bonus nowadays, but the new TF level 2 will still be a great building on par with current event buildings and everyone who's trying to maximize FP production will gladly build any level 2 TFs they can get their hands on.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
@xivarmy @kaymedic @Kranyar the Mysterious I invite you all to take a look at how difficult it is to upgrade event buildings outside of their respective events. Anyone who wants something like a Crow's Nest right now...what are their options for getting one? Or an Abandoned Asylum? These buildings are still desirable, but the number of people who are going to fill their cities with them during the limited window of an event period is small indeed. Once these events are over, these buildings are effectively removed from the game completely, until the event comes around again next year or now that it's in the game, when Inno decides to put them into the Antiques Dealer. The rub with these things is that sure, you get ONE more or less for 'free' during the event it's released, but any more than that requires paying diamonds, which is totally fine; or you hunt the Dealer for upgrades, an arduous and even MORE random process that can take months to upgrade one building, and then it's only just on par with what a single TF upgrade provides.

Not balanced.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy @kaymedic @Kranyar the Mysterious I invite you all to take a look at how difficult it is to upgrade event buildings outside of their respective events. Anyone who wants something like a Crow's Nest right now...what are their options for getting one? Or an Abandoned Asylum? These buildings are still desirable, but the number of people who are going to fill their cities with them during the limited window of an event period is small indeed.

Anyone can finish one during their event period if they want to. The people not finishing events are also not running GE4 and won't be getting level 2 terrace farms either.

And there's a new desirable building every event. 7 times last year. Both more desirable and more frequent than a level 2 terrace farm at least (which it seems it's going to be around 2 per year-ish on average if you do GE4 every single week; a lot more work than completing 2 events a year). Notably this is also an incredibly random process and getting ZERO after a year of GE4 is quite plausible (someone else will get 4 or 5 maybe because they got lucky)

And one more time something you're not addressing at all : there needs to be something people actually want. Very few people are going to be motivated like you are for BAD BUILDINGS like the road to victory for instance.

So yes, it's balanced. Somewhat cautiously at that.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
now I see it
you are right

the TF is not overpowered. it is balanced with the amount you can get

and after completing the GE I can tell you that you don't get 5 upgrades per year, only 2.5

because only if you have it in the final chest then it has 10%
but you don't have the TF and the upgrade in every week
like I didn't even had a chance to win it this week

after checking the fandom wiki
is it 2 per year because it is only 40% (2 out of 5) ?
(and if the TF is not in the chest then also not the upgrade for it)
Expedition Specials

The 64th chest will randomly contain 2 of the 'expedition specials,' with a 50% chance of winning one or the other.

Last edited:

thelegend88

Squire
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here on beta forum although I'm not new to en forum and the game in general, have been playing for 2,5 years now.

GE was the feature which actually made me stick to this game and I never miss doing 64, sometimes done it in 4 worlds. I have actually always been hoping level 5 will be added as I could never have enough of GE.

But then GBG came and everyone focused on it and to be honest GE now feels like something which is just getting in the way of GBG and it gets more and more time intensive to do everything this game offers lately. I was actually thinking you will reduce GE difficulty not increase it, I don't think we need more time investments in the game with settlements and GBG around.
And giving us more attempts so we can finish GE quicker would be nice and also updating ToR rewards.

Buildings look amazing, art team did a great job, but I sincerely hope you guys will offer selection kits instead of separate building or upgrades. TF level 2 with 12 FPs a day is amazing but time needed to get the upgrades will be very long. I had 20+ TFs in my main world at one point, now I have 16 of them, time needed to get them was 2 years and now to upgrade half of those will take a year (with selection kits otherwise more).

Thanks for reading, have a great day everyone.

Elya2

Farmer
TF lvl 2 may be good for some people but it's not really interesting for someone playing few years. Not going to build it, i have better buildings.

DeletedUser10315

TF lvl 2 may be good for some people but it's not really interesting for someone playing few years. Not going to build it, i have better buildings.
Seriously? Name one FO building better than a TF at level 2.

Hello everyone, I'm new and I play Forge of Empires on an Italian server. In my opinion the attack and defense percentages have been increased too much (for example, in the Contemporary Age, it went from 90% to 135% in the first platform of Level IV). Besides, it should be noted that upgrades of buildings, such as Face of the Ancient or Gate of the Sun God, will be achievable only at Level IV and with very low percentages, when then, by logic, they should have been put in the previous levels to allow all players to get them. At this point, why not directly create a Level V of the Guild Expeditions?