• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Changes

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think around 10-12% or so would be appropriate for gate (i.e. wasting 1-1.5 squares over ideal buildings but it's worth an awful lot of event dailies at that point to get 3+ level 2 sentinel outposts). Given the limited options for defense boost, I'd probably place some then and hope to replace at some point. 4% is not worth placing except for the very beginning of a city when you're using it for the happy and the defense is just a bonus.

3% for the face seems fine (3% is good enough as a freebie - i'll place some in most of my cities as I get them but hope to replace them eventually, 4% would be normal for a 2x2 with no road, 5% would be chase-tier if you're trying to stack attack)

So... just don't do it. You have 2 more settlements to do. I love Egyptians, as far that's my favourite settlement, today i'm ending 3rd with 12 days to end. They are very relaxing for me, epecially after Vikings which i was hating to do.

I didn't mind the Vikings. I finished the settlement with pleasure, but with difficulty. Instead, the Egyptian Settlement seemed to me much more relaxing, I managed to finish about 13 ahead of time

The Babelus

Steward
wow, now it's really hard, feels like GE level 5 with level 4 missing in between ;) in SAAB the battle bosts of the armies in level 4 are increased by more than 100.

With my Attack-GBs at level 71 to 73, most battles are doable in manual mode (no chance with autobattle) - but battle #11 at level 4 seems impossible:
8 Nailstorms with 398% boost in the first wave - any ideas what to use for attacking?

1 Steel Warden from SAM + 7 rogues

DeletedUser9982

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME!

WHY NOT A LEVEL 5 INSTEAD OF PLAYING AROUND WITH WHATS ALREADY FUNCTIONAL?

.... Raising the dificulty with relics giving medal and other useless rewards...
What a waste..
When i saw the upgrade title, i was.. Hmmm finaly they will remove those stupid rewards here and there.. Probably add level 5.. After 4 years, level 4 will rank up from a bonus level LOL..

But i was wrong.. I see more Useless Stuff on the way

Umbrathor

Baronet
Okay just to counterbalance all the netavity and the 'give us moar' comments: with all the extra attack bonus options we have gotten since GE lvl 4 was introduced, I think it is uinderstandable that Inno wants to increase the difficulty for the higher eras at least. I doubt lower eras will see a similar increase in difficulty.

Not adding a lvl 5 to GE seems logical. We have already seen the addition of GBattlegrounds, with a huge increase in potential playtime and gains. A lvl 5 GE would demands even more of players in the top tier.

Boosting the rewards from GE in regards to their current (old) situation is necessary for the same reason, just as SoK needed a boost: too many better options available. I never liked terrace farms compared to SoK and never placed any. A boost to 12fp might make me change my mind, if I ever manage to win one (I sold them all) and an upgrade. Which isn't likely, since I seldom go further than lvl 2 in GE. I just don't care for GE much.

The TF boost to 12fp seems more than reasonable to me though. I'd actually think it should be 10fp, not 12.

The Fountain kit seems logical, but won't cut it for me either. On every world where I have been playing for a while, I have 25 WWs and 25 WW shrink kits in storage. I sell off the excess regularly. In other words: I have WAY more then I need without doing any GE. The kit therefore is irrelevant.

I agree with many people here that the boosts are not enough to make the rewards interesting for end game players.

As long ads the diamond rewards remain the same, there is no need for it really. The diamonds make GE worth it for most players methinks.

trayk

Steward
SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME!

WHY NOT A LEVEL 5 INSTEAD OF PLAYING AROUND WITH WHATS ALREADY FUNCTIONAL?

.... Raising the dificulty with relics giving medal and other useless rewards...
What a waste..
When i saw the upgrade title, i was.. Hmmm finaly they will remove those stupid rewards here and there.. Probably add level 5.. After 4 years, level 4 will rank up from a bonus level LOL..

But i was wrong.. I see more Useless Stuff on the way

Its called LAZY!!!! :(

Fenix

Viceroy
How did the negotiation become complex/hard? Can someone please share. Thank you.

It didn't (and it should not happen). The battles are difficult, but even without this increase in difficulty they are impossible for many young players. Their only option is to negotiate.

dpghost

Steward
Okay just to counterbalance all the netavity and the 'give us moar' comments: with all the extra attack bonus options we have gotten since GE lvl 4 was introduced, I think it is uinderstandable that Inno wants to increase the difficulty for the higher eras at least. I doubt lower eras will see a similar increase in difficulty.

Not adding a lvl 5 to GE seems logical. We have already seen the addition of GBattlegrounds, with a huge increase in potential playtime and gains. A lvl 5 GE would demands even more of players in the top tier.

Boosting the rewards from GE in regards to their current (old) situation is necessary for the same reason, just as SoK needed a boost: too many better options available. I never liked terrace farms compared to SoK and never placed any. A boost to 12fp might make me change my mind, if I ever manage to win one (I sold them all) and an upgrade. Which isn't likely, since I seldom go further than lvl 2 in GE. I just don't care for GE much.

The TF boost to 12fp seems more than reasonable to me though. I'd actually think it should be 10fp, not 12.

The Fountain kit seems logical, but won't cut it for me either. On every world where I have been playing for a while, I have 25 WWs and 25 WW shrink kits in storage. I sell off the excess regularly. In other words: I have WAY more then I need without doing any GE. The kit therefore is irrelevant.

I agree with many people here that the boosts are not enough to make the rewards interesting for end game players.

As long ads the diamond rewards remain the same, there is no need for it really. The diamonds make GE worth it for most players methinks.
I agree with all it was said, but I need to point our that the replacement of the diamonds with useless rewards that will end up in the AD - not nice

Queen Amaria

Steward
Two Expeditions now complete, are the buildings still heading for the Antiques Dealer? Has anyone transformed their Face of the Ancients into attack boosts? Or is the Level 2 Terrace Farm still the only building of interest?
Face Ancients / Gate of the sun god:
Due to the situation that the buildings get the same boost in every age, they are even very interesting on level 2 for lower ages.
I still find it useful, later other buildings will get better on the square.

How did the negotiation become complex/hard? Can someone please share. Thank you.
The only way I can see how they are making the negotiations harder would be to either make more 10 choice negotiations then currently exist, or else add a 11 or 12 choice negotiation. Only time will show which it is I guess.

I think I approve of the upcoming changes to the upgrades placement. Not sure I think they warrant making level 4 any harder than it was before all these changes though.

1BFA

Viceroy
"
Dudettas

We will introduce further changes in future rounds of the Guild Expeditions. As you may have already noticed, the negotiations were not affected when the difficulty level was increased for Level 4. This has now been updated.

Following your feedback, the upgrade kits will no longer be a larger chest prize but instead replace some of the coins, supplies, and small medal rewards in the smaller rewards on Level 4.

Please, let us know what you think of the changes!

UPDATE: This is coming soon and is not confirmed for next week's Guild Expedition.

"

@Dudettas how the negotiations changed? Can we get more details?

Zeitlose

Merchant
why msking lvl 4 even harder, both with fighting and negotiation? I think lvl 4 was hard enough! And lvl 4 was the best way to collect some diamonds. Please don't reduce the diamond rewards!

I wouldn't play lvl 4 only for buildings and probably upgrades of buildings. For me only FoY shrink kit and upgrade of Terrace Farm are of any interest ...

Maybe because of how the game has changed in recent years there could also be an increase in difficulty in Level IV. However, awards such as the Gate of the Sun God or the Face of the Ancient, although upgraded to level two, are not worth putting them on for the space-attack-defense relationship. If the few diamonds we manage to collect weekly for the Expansions are also taken away from us...