• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Changes

All of the GE rewards except the terrace farm were substantially worse than other buildings available in the game. Accordingly most of the prizes ended up in the antique dealer. The upgrades could have been nice but again aside from the terrace farm they are not up to par with other available buildings and consequently will just end up in the antique dealer. This is especially so considering that Inno is increasing the difficulty for GE .

Kesto11

Farmer
We sell the Face to the...Dealer.
We sell the Gate to the...Dealer.
We sell the TF to the...Dealer.

Doin' the GE crap dance.

But really, this is an okay update for the average player and pretty much entirely useless to advanced cities. GE was already pretty much useless for advanced cities other than Dealer fodder, diamonds, and the small chance you get something useful from relics, so this update makes GE slightly worse for advanced cities that have no need for mediocre buildings.

Not everything has to be a home run, but I feel like this is a sacrifice bunt for advanced players and a single for the average player. Not terrible, but also not that useful if the runner is stranded on base for 3 years waiting to finally score a run (TF upgrade). Eventually that runner is going to realize he'd rather just leave the field to go take a dump and play Candy Crush. It's almost as bad as the excessively drawn-out Egyptian settlement. Congrats, we are now competing with Israelite slaves for longest time spent in Egyptian captivity. If we aren't awarded a Moses avatar after the 12th settlement, I am gonna be ticked.

qaccy

Emperor
It's almost as bad as the Egyptian settlement being excessively drawn out, just like the years of Israelite slavery.

For what it's worth, the Egyptian settlement isn't really drawn out. I finished my second run in about half of the gold time limit (had just over 12 days remaining). I never even came close to doing that with the Vikings nor Japan, usually only having a couple days remaining at most. Egypt just seems to have an extremely generous timer, probably to account for the learning curve with the battles.

Aside from that, I pretty much echo your sentiment regarding the GE prizes. They seem to be mostly entry-level stuff aimed at players who don't have cities decked out with better stuff (usually from events) yet. Is that really a bad thing, though? There're always newer players coming in looking to start somewhere, and the players who don't really need the prizes can probably fairly easily clear GE and use the prizes to fund potential Antiques Dealer purchases (the Art Exhibition is probably still attractive to everybody, if nothing else).

DeletedUser10315

We sell the Face to the...Dealer.
We sell the Gate to the...Dealer.
We sell the TF to the...Dealer.

Doin' the GE crap dance.

But really, this is an okay update for the average player and pretty much entirely useless to advanced cities. GE was already pretty much useless for advanced cities other than Dealer fodder, diamonds, and the small chance you get something useful from relics, so this update makes GE slightly worse for advanced cities that have no need for mediocre buildings.

Not everything has to be a home run, but I feel like this is a sacrifice bunt for advanced players and a single for the average player. Not terrible, but also not that useful if the runner is stranded on base for 3 years waiting to finally score a run (TF upgrade). Eventually that runner is going to realize he'd rather just leave the field to go take a dump and play Candy Crush. It's almost as bad as the excessively drawn-out Egyptian settlement. Congrats, we are now competing with Israelite slaves for longest time spent in Egyptian captivity. If we aren't awarded a Moses avatar after the 12th settlement, I am gonna be ticked.
Well said Sir well said.

Kesto11

Farmer
For what it's worth, the Egyptian settlement isn't really drawn out. I finished my second run in about half of the gold time limit (had just over 12 days remaining).

I was mostly going for the lolz there, but yes it can be completed far quicker than the timer gives. I finished my first in about the same time-frame, but that's still 16 days for one go, and that's with being pretty on top of things, running two 8s and a 4 daily and completing all 3 battles most days. I haven't missed a gold timer on my main in any of the settlements, and now I dread opening up the settlement. Yes, the average completion time with drop gradually with each completion, provided the player gives roughly the same amount of attention.

Hey Boss Man, guess what I accomplished over the course of two weeks? I won half a free-emissary slot in my Town Hall and an extra Forge Point! Nothing quite turns a person on like spending two weeks for a .01% boost in virtual production ;)

I am not saying the Egypt rewards aren't valuable. I am just saying that I respect myself a little less each time I spend the absurd amount of time it takes to get them. Hello self-loathing, my old friend...

Aside from that, I pretty much echo your sentiment regarding the GE prizes. They seem to be mostly entry-level stuff aimed at players who don't have cities decked out with better stuff (usually from events) yet. Is that really a bad thing, though? There're always newer players coming in looking to start somewhere, and the players who don't really need the prizes can probably fairly easily clear GE and use the prizes to fund potential Antiques Dealer purchases (the Art Exhibition is probably still attractive to everybody, if nothing else).

The problem is that GE 4 is supposed to be targeted at upper level players. To that end they even increased the difficulty. If that is the goal and the target then the rewards should also be targeted to that group.

Andi47

Overlord
wow, now it's really hard, feels like GE level 5 with level 4 missing in between ;) in SAAB the battle bosts of the armies in level 4 are increased by more than 100.

With my Attack-GBs at level 71 to 73, most battles are doable in manual mode (no chance with autobattle) - but battle #11 at level 4 seems impossible:
8 Nailstorms with 398% boost in the first wave - any ideas what to use for attacking?

Stop crying already. Finally they did something good and there is always someone who will cry about it. Terrace Farm lvl 2 is fine as it is now. So get one and stop complaining. It is not our problem that you probably removed all of them from your city and now you dont want it to be good because you dont have one.

CrashBoom

Legend
lol

telling the truth is ruining thing :D

12 FP for the TF compared to the other changes and other already available buildings (like the apple mill) is overpowered
(would be a proper value in one or two years)

Complaining about TF2 be too good can only someone with some disorder.
probably you have brain**** because you don't see it

12FP from an upgraded terrace farm is too high (and I speak as someone who has 22 terrace farms)

It means that it would suddently become one of the most space-efficient buildings in the game - screwing those who have been playing optimally (unlike myself)

Andi47

Overlord
12FP from an upgraded terrace farm is too high (and I speak as someone who has 22 terrace farms)

It means that it would suddently become one of the most space-efficient buildings in the game - screwing those who have been playing optimally (unlike myself)

Suddenly? With 10% probability it will take 4 years or so to upgrade all your Terrace Farms. So I don't see any overpower here - until 2024 we might have 4x4 event buildings which give 15 FP or more.

Arwaren

Squire
Someone could write, can we still win trash rewards from 4th stage like this:
monets.PNG
Supplies.PNG
12FP from an upgraded terrace farm is too high
But actually we have better buildings than this.
Terrace Farm(level 2) gives 0.4‬ forge points for 1x1 tile
Olympic Treasury (level 10) gives 0,4 ‬forge points for 1x1 tile(is smaller than Terrace Farm and gives also other bonuses)
The Crow's Nest (level 8) gives 0,32 forge points for 1x1 tile or 0,8 forge points for 1x1 tile
The Airship (level 11) gives 0,43 forge points for 1x1 tile
Abandoned Asylum (level 9) gives 0,44‬ forge points for 1x1 tile
Statue of Honor(level 7 and 8) gives 0,58 forge points for 1x1 tile

I don't think Terrace Farm is OP. The building is balanced with buildings that have now appeared

Last edited:
Suddenly? With 10% probability it will take 4 years or so to upgrade all your Terrace Farms. So I don't see any overpower here - until 2024 we might have 4x4 event buildings which give 15 FP or more.

Exactly. It will take quite some time before you get even one... but they already know it is overpowered... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: