• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Your Feedback for our Announcements is needed!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
logo.png

Greetings, queens and kings!

You've come to the right place if you want to give us your feedback!
Please remember that your opinion may well differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
In order for us to pass on your feedback to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Limit feedback to actual content. Feedback like "You better improve X" or feedback related to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already expressed your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Best regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Owl II

Emperor
A feedback for our feedback would be appreciated as well: we're still waiting for an explanation for that "Heal all" button.
I'm afraid they don't care what we think about what they doing with the game. They are only interested we have correctly understood their announcement about what they are doing. It is unlikely we will receive more feedback than so far

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What parts of the ads interest you most and where you would like more details?
The ones that interest me the most are the news announcements and expected bug fixes!

On the contrary, which ones interest you less?
Bug fixes that were never reported. I'm not saying that corrections are unnecessary, but communicating about something that no one has noticed is a bit self-centered.

Finally, what could we do to make the Forum announcements more engaging?
Information on Inno's projects, even if they are only due in 12 months, if ever.
Knowing where the game is heading would make it possible to better retain players and especially anticipate certain ideas from the community.

But above all, to establish a real communication between the the community and Inno.
Not answering the players on the questions that come up the most often generates frustration and the feeling of "screwing up"!

But there is no shortage of subjects:
- future of GvG
- evolution of GBG
- bonuses that have not changed despite the game change (support bonus, defense, ...)
- evolution of the message center (we are still far from replacing internal forums)
- replacement / modification of GMs that have become totally obsolete (it is a shame to have such beautiful GMs graphically speaking but have become useless with the evolution of the game in 10 years)
- future of EG (5th level, modification of the contents of chests, ...)
- button "cure all"

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
logo.png

Greetings, queens and kings!

You've come to the right place if you want to give us your feedback!
Please remember that your opinion may well differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
In order for us to pass on your feedback to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Limit feedback to actual content. Feedback like "You better improve X" or feedback related to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already expressed your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Best regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team

1.) Take Beta feedback seriously instead of playing to be offended and unsatisfied by Beta community feedback, by making the German server the secondary test server

2.) Designate 1 of the leaders or even better assign the dev. team leaders to engage with community feedback on their respective new feature, event or improvement currently under Beta testing.
This person could discuss at least once a day with the community how they feel about what their team came up with and up on disagreeing with the community trying to finding either the middle ground or removing it or stating officially why it'll be pushed anyways.
This will give the community back the feeling our feedback matters and can vastly improve Beta testing.
As this leader has to only engage with feedback of 1 discussion topic a day I think it'll won't take too much precious time away and as an leader they can best standing for their team and bringing it up to them. Only an cm has proven to be too ineffective for Beta-developers communication for proper testing purposes and improvements prior to the live servers.

3.) Up on disagreeing with community feedback, make it clear with the reasoning why. This clears up better why stuff is changing into the direction it does

This is in specific order of importancy and effectiveness for making Beta testing better and the game in the long run overall better as an whole.

Yekk

Regent
Without a dedicated advocator for the players no feedback actually matters. It gets lost up in corporate...Something everyone has seen the last couple years.

We understand profits are important but keeping players playing is much more important. Please get away from the CFO approach and have a real CEO with vision.

lord2403

Merchant
Do you need feedback? With my pleasure. Nothing working in the game as it must be. Nothing, I repeat (exept FP maybe, Thanks God, nobody touched it yet and I'm not so correct even here because - just try to buy many FP for gold and I want to see it). There is a problems with a few years age. But instead of working on that they are putting in the game their stupid button "heal". Nice, baby, you are simply the best! Seems they are doing just everything for destroying the game in general. Besides this "button", lets take a look at the new global chat on a real servers. It was impotaint so much to make it just right now? Really interesting for me, who are creator of this rubbish? I'm not kidding. Really interesting. How many nights without sleeping he spent for designing of this "button" and "chat", which nobody needs exept him personally? Does he understand that it's just disturb to the game?
I don't understand whats happening again and won't even trying to think into it.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Regarding the announcements, it seems to me that it would be nice to have the information of any modifications. Because updates always contain new features or changes that are not noted in the announcement. It is abnormal for players to notice some unreported adaptations, it looks more like sneaky moves, especially when not everyone can enjoy it.
Example of daily gifts accessible only on application, even if only in test, even if it means including a "Test in progress" section in future announcements.

Yekk

Regent
This thread is important. BUT it was put in a spot where it does not hold that importance. Where it competes with all the other posts. Many will miss it. Not do their input. This limit hurts your requests Juber. An ingame link to it would get you much more input. This is possible on some servers world wide. I think you will find most of the above is the consensus of the world but they deserve to speak also.

Yekk

Regent
I think some of the best feedback for this thread is in the heal all button thread... A thread where almost every post is a negative to that change.

YET NO RESPONSE FROM INNO YET THERE...
How can we have a beta server feedback section if Inno continues to show they do not care enough to listen and respond?

I think some of the best feedback for this thread is in the heal all button thread... A thread where almost every post is a negative to that change.

YET NO RESPONSE FROM INNO YET THERE...
You're just looking at the wrong thread, then. Look here in the feedback of the daily changelog where the feature got introduced: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...g-w-c-13th-september.14984/page-2#post-124970
Plenty of replies here.

The change hit live and therefore it is not really a beta issue anymore. So, what do you want to hear right now? I'm sure if there are relevant updates, we will hear from someone.
Right now mostly negative feedback from all servers is passed along. Might help, who knows.

Dessire

Regent
Do you want a feedback?

- ban all the cheaters! It is impossible for a player who in 4 years was only able to reach 300M of ranking points and 59K do more than 550K battles and earn 1.1billions of ranking points reaching 1.4 Billions and earn more than 1.4M of forge points in less than 6 months! And more impossible is earn 3M of forge points in 1 year and reach 2B of ranking points in 1 year without cheating!! Even some team manager in my server has reported this to the comunity manager and the CManager does nothing!!

-do not remove the heal all button (attack speed for pc players and mobile players are more closer than before).

-change notredame, colosseum, atomium, temple of lotus, etc bonuses. For coloseum just make it like alcatraz but gives you random units of your age.

- delete gvg and GbG and make a new GvG like the one used in underworld empire where every 4 hours you compete against 1 random guild of your guild level for 1 to 2 hours and where each member of a guild has his/her worth, even those who preffer produce instead of focusing on stack attack.

-change the flying island bonus!! The worst GBuilding since ever!!

- please do not do a copy paste of previous ages for the next age.

-stop creating settlements, they require a lot of months to finish them all!

-add the possibility to create question pools to chats in the game.

-remove the limit of 100% of the arc. If a player wanta to reach 110% he deserves have that.

-delete archaeology, halloween and summer event!! They are the worst to earn DSpecials!

-let us have the option to change the design of our cities surrounding terrain! I would even pay diamonds to change it to fall + rainy day in a morning daytime!

Should I keep listing all the stuffs you could, should and must do! :/

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Please keep your feedback to the topic. The topic is how we can improve our announcements.
Sharing the reason for pushing on stuff that caused large amounts of negative reactions during Beta testing. EG 2k skip limit for abuse prevention, which I think was also mentioned as an reason, reasoning for not moving the heal all units above friendly units in battle results wasn't given, would've been an major improvement if actually was.
Personally I feel like that's the only think some announcements are missing. There's not much to improve on something that already works extremely well. The bullet notes give an good overall overview. The explanations supported by relevant screenshots are doing their part well too when it's desirable. Like in event announcements or introduction of new mechanics.

Owl II

Emperor
Please keep your feedback to the topic. The topic is how we can improve our announcements.
Why did you decide that the announcements need improvement? In my opinion, everything is clear and accessible. Sometimes you forget to mention some changes. But that's all.

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
You're just looking at the wrong thread, then. Look here in the feedback of the daily changelog where the feature got introduced: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...g-w-c-13th-september.14984/page-2#post-124970
Plenty of replies here.

The change hit live and therefore it is not really a beta issue anymore. So, what do you want to hear right now? I'm sure if there are relevant updates, we will hear from someone.
Right now mostly negative feedback from all servers is passed along. Might help, who knows.

The beta issue is it was allowed to reach live...especially after it was shown to be totally flawed. Yes my comment belongs here. Juber was right in saying it had been brought up weeks ago in the change log forum but that does not change the fact it went live along with the chat screen change... yet another item that will need to be fixed.

Please realize when something is broke all the excuses in the world do not make it fixed. If a change makes live it should be done correctly...Not done in a way that hurts play and obviously needs to be redone

Last edited: