• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

the normal level 12 tarot already produces 1 fragment ;)

3 of them and you have 1 full kit every 5 days

and I don't know how many epic halloween kits you won
I got more than 36 of them
I didn't really regard the stats for the level 12 as worth building. It would have been good last year. I think I spent most of my chests on the newer buildings than the kits.

I still think that if Inno's going to give old buildings gold kits that they should update the last level to give the frags like the new event buildings. Otherwise what's the point in getting the holiday kit if you can't get the gold.

Sheosun

Farmer
That GBG/GE :att_attacker_gbg: extra bonus looks sooo tiny and feels useless tbh. Otherwise looks like a nice building a bit lacking army def stats but giving an impressive amount of units. :rolleyes:

Gedrog

Squire
That GBG/GE :att_attacker_gbg: extra bonus looks sooo tiny and feels useless tbh. Otherwise looks like a nice building a bit lacking army def stats but giving an impressive amount of units. :rolleyes:
Random units I have thousands of useless canon fodder troops, I would prefer that the refresh the GB stats, new event buildings are now basically putting a serious question mark on some GB's. If you plant two Thundering labs you can easily remove HC at level 60

I do not like the fragmented attack stats they should leave that for the special challenge buildings,lost temple, Tourney and Tower of champs
Not like we need more fragmentation of the game

Gedrog

Squire
the normal level 12 tarot already produces 1 fragment ;)

3 of them and you have 1 full kit every 5 days

and I don't know how many epic halloween kits you won
I got more than 36 of them
Correct and Golden Orrery from the epic Anniversary kit gives 10 X 30 mass supply rush there is another that gives the 2H mass supply rush can't remember

Gedrog

Squire
On my main I finished with 61 Epic Kits... it's ridiculous ^^

I think if they had more Arcane Tarot upgrades I would have used more of the Epic Halloween kits but I would need to bring out the Two levelled Tarot caravans first.
My absolute Favourite was the Epic Soccer kit two golden upgrades lots of them
Epic kits.jpg

Soccer is the boss2.jpgSoccer is the boss.jpg

Cleitomachus

Marquis
Well, on to our topic now...

This tactic of "with one hand I give you something and with the other I take it back" becomes more and more evident in Inno's behavior.

Can you explain to us how an otherwise fine building such as Elfie's Nog Shop - lv. 2, when upgraded to its silver version (Elfie's Cream & Nog Shop), gain -11,810 negative happiness? It is completely absurd for an upgraded building to have any stat worse than its previous level.

But that is not all. Winter Wonderland Pyramid produces fragments of Winter Wonder Retreat Selection Kit. And you'll be saying: great, I'll get these buildings and over time I'll be able to keep adding "Capy's Winter Holiday Spa" and "Magical Winter Snow Globe" to my town. That's exactly where the geniuses of Inno came up with to add extremely negative hapiness to prevent you from building beyond a number.

[And note that all these buildings are only useful if you build them in your city. You cannot sell them at the Antiques Dealer because they are locked.]
Edit: What is inside the parenthesis is not true, after all. We can unlock them.

Last edited:

Gedrog

Squire
Well, on to our topic now...

This tactic of "with one hand I give you something and with the other I take it back" becomes more and more evident in Inno's behavior.

Can you explain to us how an otherwise fine building such as Elfie's Nog Shop - lv. 2, when upgraded to its silver version (Elfie's Cream & Nog Shop), gain -11,810 negative happiness? It is completely absurd for an upgraded building to have any stat worse than its previous level.

But that is not all. Winter Wonderland Pyramid produces fragments of Winter Wonder Retreat Selection Kit. And you'll be saying: great, I'll get these buildings and over time I'll be able to keep adding "Capy's Winter Holiday Spa" and "Magical Winter Snow Globe" to my town. That's exactly where the geniuses of Inno came up with to add extremely negative hapiness to prevent you from building beyond a number.

[And note that all these buildings are only useful if you build them in your city. You cannot sell them at the Antiques Dealer because they are locked.]
Edit: What is inside the parenthesis is not true, after all.
Yeah I can't figure out why this is the time of the year you would expect buildings to have happiness but the buildings are proper bah humbug

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If they wanted to make happiness relevant again, they could've just given event buildings population. Because population lowers happiness
But they want to make population relevant again too - so they're not giving buildings population as freely either.

I think a lot of people will realize there's little downside to an angry city anyways (-50% coin and supply boost instead of +20%, and needing to use the tavern when a quest asks you to be enthusiastic) - so they'll just ignore happiness either way.

Personally I get a good chuckle out of xmas vomit making the city unhappy ;) It mirrors my own thoughts on the season :p "It's not even halloween, why do stores already have their christmas displays out!" - like 3 full months now of being flooded with xmas "cheer".

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy ye happiness doesn't affect most established cities anymore. Negative happiness used to be a trade-off to get something else more. Like more supplies with the junkyard for example. This negative happiness nonsense is just slapped on those buildings mindlessly for the sake of making happiness somewhat relevant again.

As for your dislike for Xmass selling early, LOL. Most cities are an mixture of any given event year round. Most things make population even happy xd. It's probs just capitalism to get money quickly from Xmass. Before ppl get it from an rival company

Kronan

Viceroy
A check on the Winter Calendar Math...

To get the prize, you need all 32 boxes open.

Let's say - I have 10/32 opened via actual full keys, or full key's made from fragments.

I just want to see what it would cost (math design) to get complete.

Here's how I would compute this - Correct me if this isn't the way to do it.

If 10 are open, that means I would need 22 more. (Yes, I know the event isn't over yet... but assume it's about to end...)

A new key can be made from 5 key fragments.
Each key fragment costs 100 diamonds.
I need 22 more keys so my cost is:

22 x 5 fragments to make a 1 key = 110 fragments needed in total, so x 100 diamonds/fragment = 11,000 diamonds.

Is this correctly computed for the values I offered?

CrashBoom

Legend
A check on the Winter Calendar Math...

To get the prize, you need all 32 boxes open.

Let's say - I have 10/32 opened via actual full keys, or full key's made from fragments.

I just want to see what it would cost (math design) to get complete.

Here's how I would compute this - Correct me if this isn't the way to do it.

If 10 are open, that means I would need 22 more. (Yes, I know the event isn't over yet... but assume it's about to end...)

A new key can be made from 5 key fragments.
Each key fragment costs 100 diamonds.
I need 22 more keys so my cost is:

22 x 5 fragments to make a 1 key = 110 fragments needed in total, so x 100 diamonds/fragment = 11,000 diamonds.

Is this correctly computed for the values I offered?
yes with only 10 keys and no more fragments it would cost 11k diamonds

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Personally I get a good chuckle out of xmas vomit making the city unhappy ;) It mirrors my own thoughts on the season :p "It's not even halloween, why do stores already have their christmas displays out!" - like 3 full months now of being flooded with xmas "cheer".
Forget the decorations and products - it's the music that drains the will to live. The same handful of songs over... and over... and over... and over...
[EDIT] Except Carol of the bells. That one goes hard.