• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You were able to get fragments in the main rewrd line but they were positioned in such a way that no f2p player would get all 150/150 (300, 380 & 460 progress).
However you also could get them from the treasure maps; I got enough for 2 golden govs pgrades in my main simply because no carto would show up in the prize pool and i had to get something.
Strange, I haven’t spend a penny during summer event. Maybe a few free diamonds to push over the edge, or I’ve been insanely lucky with RNG. Didn’t use the treasure maps. If I recall correctly costing almost 3k:diamond:, much like elves workshop. Gonna keep beter track of it for certain with the upcoming winter event.

Nisse-X

Merchant
I clicked like mad all over the board (almost no point not to anymore) and got a full building. Now let's see if I can get equally lucky for the silver and gold :)

Inno, why not replace this (now mangled) event with a pretty and easily operated slot machine / "One armed bandit" / "Vegas Velociraptor" ?
I'm serious, I'd rather play that (with a smile on my face) than these last two events you've presented us with.

Last edited:

jtrucker

Baronet
Only now I learned about not having key on each board. And already it was mentioned here as well.

So yeah, the game sucks more and more.

Btw way, having now the ATT buildings different for different types of fights IS actually silly (as someone mentioned before). Not confusing at all, but silly as hell.
What is the most valuable commodity in this game? The building space, which is absolutely insufficient. So now, we should build specific building for each type of fight?
I guess, they did it probably so that people can use the hundreds of "store building" items in the inventory. But guess what. I'd be damned to start switching ATT buildings before each fight. I'd rather go and play better game. Just sayin'

Attachments

• Winter event.png
    Winter event.png
    847.9 KB · Views: 10

Astrid

Baronet
Someone please provide a list with all the possible prize options when you want switch them with diamonds from the Elves Workshop.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
Winter Event Switch Daily Special

1. Harvest Farm Selection Kit
2. 250 Guild Treasury Goods
3. Governor's Villa Selection Kit
4. 300% Attack Boost
5. Mountain Reserve Selection Kit
6. Winter Railway Selection Kit
7. Nutcracker Guardhouse
8. 500 Guild Treasury Goods
9. Golden Crops Selection Kit
10. Hero's Tavern
11. Reno Kit
12. 250 goods (same age)
13. Sunflower Oil Press
14. 1000 Guild Goods
15. Epic Winter 2023 Selection Kit
16. 250 Next Age Goods for Guild Treasury
17. Winter Spire Selection Kit
18. Athlon Abbey Selection kit
19. Vineyard Estate Selection Kit
20. Epic Spring Selection Kit
21. 500 Previous Age Goods
22. Finish Special Production
23. Store Building
24. Tarot Card Caravans Selection Kit
25. 125 Next Age Goods

jtrucker

Baronet
no you are the first one :D

but why did you need 19 days to recognize that :rolleyes:
Cuz it was the first time I managed to open all but the last package before getting the stupid Shuffle
And no, I never paid attention to the prices before shuffling. I considered them just random price images, never occurred to me to check them for a key, since the key used to be in each game board. So yeah, I'm dumb, sorry :D

A problem with the "EVENT year" selection kits is that.......none of the fully completed buildings are good anymore. Like the Halloween one, not a single building is useful to build UNLESS you have the gold upgrade for the tarot cards - and you ain't getting that after the event is over unlike our current event buildings that will give the frags of the silver/gold upgrades. The nutcracker might be worth it, but once you get 15 level 1's or 10 level 2's you can just delete the chocolate factory and not need the selection kits.

tl;dr....It's a pit fall because the final levels of the old buildings are not updated to give gold frags, there's no way to get them after the event is done. So basically all of the past events selection kits are just AD fodder until maybe next year we get the gold update to the asylum or the train. Please consider this with future events.

I have now played 3 games with gifts and there has been no calendar key as a prize in some of the games, how do we solve the calendar ?
I have not played the gift game in the last 3 days as there has been no key as a prize
now get it fixed on the live servers pls

Yekk

Regent
I have now played 3 games with gifts and there has been no calendar key as a prize in some of the games, how do we solve the calendar ?
I have not played the gift game in the last 3 days as there has been no key as a prize
now get it fixed on the live servers pls
Calendar Keys have been broke for years. Solve it by not attempting to collect them is how I do it. Sad that Inno has this problem again this year.

Owl II

Emperor
Calendar Keys have been broke for years. Solve it by not attempting to collect them is how I do it. Sad that Inno has this problem again this year.
Inno has no problem with keys. Players who do not understand that this is a paid feature have problems with keys:)
Winter event has always been frankly greedy and has always been showed by frankly bad prizes. It's only gotten a little worse now

Astrid

Baronet
Last year's Winter Event was a big success with the nutcracker's guardhouse. Players did spend a lot of diamonds to get multiple Chocolateries. I find this year's main prize(Wonderland whatever) garbage, yet the league, calendar and golden Chocolatery upgrades are all amazing, but we do know that all of these are diamond only prizes.

It's a contrast between Winter and Halloween event where you could get a rather large lot of very good prizes without any diamonds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Last year's Winter Event was a big success with the nutcracker's guardhouse. Players did spend a lot of diamonds to get multiple Chocolateries. I find this year's main prize(Wonderland whatever) garbage, yet the league, calendar and golden Chocolatery upgrades are all amazing, but we do know that all of these are diamond only prizes.

It's a contrast between Winter and Halloween event where you could get a rather large lot of very good prizes without any diamonds.
You can still get the level 1 nutcracker as a special easily, which while not new its importance is now much more established (if you want to use lots of those tiny buildings made by recent buildings, you may well need a mass self-aid kit every day). And with information from the community on which calendar day has it you can turn 1 of those nutcrackers into a level 2.

If playing this event diamond-less I'd aim to finish off the 15 nutcrackers on epic-winter and nutcracker special days, get one of them to level 2, and store the chocolatery thereafter if no golden chocolatery is in the cards (which it certainly doesn't seem to be as it stands - maybe if you got lucky and hit silver).

10 Level 2s are better than 14 level 1s and a level 2. But it's not that much worse to rely on the level 1s, and that's freely available this year (where 1 chocolatery from last year will not have gotten you that far, yet).

Thunderdome

Emperor
And now, my take.

Keys? I ain't going to worry on it, mates. It mostly never comes for the likes of me. I had only gotten 2 daily ones and 5 key parts.

Inno is still trying to insult us with the useless Victory Tower followed by the Colosseum BPs (anyone built that monstrosity that is pretty useless? You did? Oh, you poor soul) followed by the Military Drummer and ultimately by the Color Guard. The event is bad enough as it is with all the "chance" taking that is going about.

However, I just thought I would spend the 1.2k stars I had stacked up and roll my eyes upon the animation of the match(es) coming out of the open box and lighting up the candles that puts a delay on my click "happy" self by close to 10 seconds between opening (or clicking on) boxes. Something I knew that many of us wanted to turn off or skip so we can concentrate on the board. Again, it's bad enough in pressing "esc" on the browser once to skip the pop up that comes to your face.

I managed to get the full leveled building (yay me) but also, since I used it on yesterday's daily, I managed to get another fully leveled Governor's Villa in the city as well.

The ill-fated "Complete Each Production... (all six production times)" makes its return to annoy some of us. It's not alone that we have to disrupt our "routine" productions that we get used to when we click on the 5 diamond collect icon. However, I just threw down a few blacksmiths to take care of those "irregular" productions and demo'd them after they are done. By morning, I should be able to collect on my 4h and 8h bits (yep, now you know) so I can remove them to keep space open, and hope another one like that doesn't make its way back ever again (one can hope, but in this game, I'd be happy with a toilet seat made out of solid 14-karat gold instead).

Sobrassada

Farmer
Hello!
I'm new at beta.
I allways compare the new buildings with the old buildings from past events, the new building Winter Wonderland Pyramid, as a design is cool, but their stats (i talk about the golden upgrade, the "majestic" version) are from 2021-2022... in Titan stats terms, it provides 29 attack+8 attack in gbg 37% in total for 16 tiles, is 2'37% per tile (+ defending stats), the numbers are prety similar to Eagle Mountain comparision here:

Majestic Winter Wonderland: 37% attack for attacking army -> 2'37% per tile
Eagle Mountain: 28 attack + 31 defense for attacking= 59 -> 2'26% per tile including roads

Their attacking stats are very similar to a building from 2021

Its okay, it has a atack for defense army, but we can compare it with the last 2 event buildings adding all their stats (red stats+blue stats)
Majestic Winter Wonderland: 87% stats -> 5'4% per tile
Thundering Laboratory of Monstrosities: 126% stats ->5'72 per tile
Couples Resort: 162% stats -> 8'1% per tile

Of course this comparision is favorable to Majestic Winter Wonderland, because their 8% attack extra for gbg is limited only to gbg battles. In my opinion their stats base in low eras it's ok but according to the new meta and comparing it to the last buildings... in higher eras must reach a 3~3'2 attack for attacking per tile (48-52) maybe 37% attack+ 15% attack in gbg for example.

In addition the golden upgrade for chocolatery is also a little bit underlevel comparing it to lasts golden upgrades:

Arcane Tarot Card Caravans -> 4'36% per tile
Athlon Abbey Azure -> 5'05% per tile
News Chocolateries -> 3'8% per tile

With these numbers I think it is obvious that both final buildings need a stats buff, either at a general level, or in the highest eras since otherwise they will appear obsolete in the game from the beginning.

Kind regards,
Sobrassada

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hello!
I'm new at beta.
I allways compare the new buildings with the old buildings from past events, the new building Winter Wonderland Pyramid, as a design is cool, but their stats (i talk about the golden upgrade, the "majestic" version) are from 2021-2022... in Titan stats terms, it provides 29 attack+8 attack in gbg 37% in total for 16 tiles, is 2'37% per tile (+ defending stats), the numbers are prety similar to Eagle Mountain comparision here:

Majestic Winter Wonderland: 37% attack for attacking army -> 2'37% per tile
Eagle Mountain: 28 attack + 31 defense for attacking= 59 -> 2'26% per tile including roads

Their attacking stats are very similar to a building from 2021

Its okay, it has a atack for defense army, but we can compare it with the last 2 event buildings adding all their stats (red stats+blue stats)
Majestic Winter Wonderland: 87% stats -> 5'4% per tile
Thundering Laboratory of Monstrosities: 126% stats ->5'72 per tile
Couples Resort: 162% stats -> 8'1% per tile

Of course this comparision is favorable to Majestic Winter Wonderland, because their 8% attack extra for gbg is limited only to gbg battles. In my opinion their stats base in low eras it's ok but according to the new meta and comparing it to the last buildings... in higher eras must reach a 3~3'2 attack for attacking per tile (48-52) maybe 37% attack+ 15% attack in gbg for example.

In addition the golden upgrade for chocolatery is also a little bit underlevel comparing it to lasts golden upgrades:

Arcane Tarot Card Caravans -> 4'36% per tile
Athlon Abbey Azure -> 5'05% per tile
News Chocolateries -> 3'8% per tile

With these numbers I think it is obvious that both final buildings need a stats buff, either at a general level, or in the highest eras since otherwise they will appear obsolete in the game from the beginning.

Kind regards,
Sobrassada
Winter Wonderland has a niche as a troop producer which the other buildings you're comparing it to do not. Is it worth it? Maybe to some. Maybe not to others. But I overall have it about the same in overall efficiency as other recent buildings including it. It's just different. Which since the aegean resort is where things have largely been landing and it's good we're getting back to that - because constant power creep is not sustainable. They need to find ways to make buildings desirable because they're different or because they're "good enough" to replace something (i.e. it's better than much older stuff but not necessarily recent stuff). Not solely because they're similar to the things we've been getting but the new best thing ever.

Golden Chocolateries are way more important than Azure Abbey as the source of lvl 2 nutcrackers which a lot of people are going to prize. At least until they have 10 of them.

Arcane Tarot Card is at least interesting though, again not because it's the best thing ever (it's not), but because it has an interesting aspect (supply rushes) and may be "good enough" if you like the idea of having some of that unique aspect available to you.