• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Although the symbol is clearly different from the regular attack bonus buildings, I have to admit that it could need some kind of description ingame - especially for those that do not read the announcements ;)

lots of folks requested such a building... also attack vs defense is by far not balanced (offered buildings wise) there are far more attack buildings than defense ones - also the attack GB with Zeus, CdM, Aachen, Kraken, AO and Virgo are also dominant in numbers vs. Basil and Deal Castle... did I miss one?

AO is on both sides. Kraken is limited charges. Virgo doesn't even work against the hood. Terracotta is also on both sides (you missed it on both).

Yes there's one more attack bonus GB than defense - but there should be because if people aren't attacking, there's no point to the defense building. And people won't (and already mostly don't) attack unless they have a reasonable shot at winning and there's a payoff for doing so. Most of the big shiny event rewards aren't plunderable. Mars goods buildings aren't plunderable. And now they're throwing extra carrots to people who are bothered someone might take their 20000 coins.

Sure people have asked for attack to their defending army. People have also asked for defense for their attacking army. It doesn't mean we should get it.

DeletedUser9396

*hiss* @ Tactician's Tower for multiple reasons:

First: Thankfully I made the mistake here and not on live but the symbols on it do not make it apparent that this isn't a 1x1 attack building but is rather a defense building that increases attack. The description on it when it's the special needs to do a better job of conveying the new mechanic.

Wait a minute! Is that why the swords are blue? Because the boost increases the attack ability of your defending troops? So it is the complement to the watchfire, which increases defenders defense? I do like that because these would be much cheaper than building an SBC or DC.

Fully upgraded, 6% per tower? And on the same footprint as an SBC that's 150% attack to punish those plunderers, lmao. It's actually one of the most valuable defensive buildings there could be. Plus while the SBC footprint is a fixed square, these towers could be distributed around the map in nooks and crannies.

DeletedUser9396

I would also like to say that I like my three reindeer so far -- train upgrade, spire upgrade, and a lot of fps. At that rate, I will wish I had saved some diamonds to buy the reindeer!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
AO is on both sides.
Oh... did not know that - thanks!
Virgo doesn't even work against the hood.
Good point...
Terracotta is also on both sides (you missed it on both).
left it out on purpose...

[[EDIT:
Yes there's one more attack bonus GB than defense
but the size also needs consideration... deal castle is a whopping 49 tiles... Aachen+zeus is only 30... that is a main reason why many do not even bother putting deal castle up...]]

Most of the big shiny event rewards aren't plunderable. Mars goods buildings aren't plunderable. And now they're throwing extra carrots to people who are bothered someone might take their 20000 coins.

Yeah - they had really good options recently in that regard with the Crows Nest and the Abandoned Asylum. Both had interesting behavior that could have been kept the way it was...

CN could not get motivated but could get plundered.
AA produced special resources without needing motivation (although it could get motivated) - therefore it could get plundered unless the owner had more than enough Aiders or used self aid kits.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10346

What is the USE 1 supposed to be and what does it do?

9c7ca26d9b963e4f25e9461357ab4b10.png

dartrana

Farmer
So I just won another Tact tower and did not receive a reindeer. It looks like if you already have 9 reindeer you MUST spend 2995 Diamonds to collect any more. I don't know how other feel but charging 2995 for those items in the reindeer collection is ridiculous! At that rate if you purchased all nine it would cost you nearly 27,000 diamonds- That's just nuts

No. If you purchased all nine it would cost you 2995 diamonds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
but the size also needs consideration... deal castle is a whopping 49 tiles... Aachen+zeus is only 30... that is a main reason why many do not even bother putting deal castle up...]]

People generally don't build it as a waste of FP. Size has little do with it (especially at upper levels of development, space is not so important - all the event buildings in the world are dwarfed by GB output and you have more than enough space for all the GBs (especially all the *good* GBs)). Neither makes FP or anything else productive (coins and medals are not in demand resources). The only thing they do is make you harder to attack, which as I mentioned almost noone bothers with attacking anymore anyways; and even if they do, that doesn't mean you have anything worth taking.

That said, that people DON'T build it and level it doesn't mean they should get a free pass in defense over people who HAVE built and leveled their attack buildings. On that note, given that attack for defending army is no longer a special commodity, let's consider how many 'levels' of St Basil Can be fit into those 25 squares without burning a single FP. Level 1 of the new tower is 2%, so i'll assume level 2 is 3% by the same pattern as watchfires (level 2 being 50% better than level 1). so 2 tactical towers and 1 watchfire give 6% a/d in 3 squares. you can have 8 sets of those inside what used to be a St Basil's for 48% A/D. That's equivalent to a level 41 St Basil's without spending a *single FP*. Oh and you can have as many of these pseudo-st basil's as you want guaranteeing that not only is your defending army a brick wall that requires careful plotting to work one's way through, but it also hits like a truck 2-shotting even the most prepared attacking units. I'm sure there's a niche that this appeals to, but there's also a niche this is going to piss off!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
so i'll assume level 2 is 3%
is 4%
so on 5x5 you could get 10*6% defense + 15*4% attack... 60% attack+defense... quite interesting deal indeed.

But to get one level 2 TT you also have to give up on two other daily specials - and especially in this event the cars will be quite enticing...

To get the full set you would need 50 daily specials - that is quite some investment. Especially as the daily specials offered get better and better in recent times. At least in regards of FP gain.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Daily specials in recent times get more and more irrelevant. You get plenty of better FP generators that come with other upsides from grand prizes, new features, etc. i.e. Compare Dark Doorway to Timeless Dojo (which you can in theory get an unlimited amount of). And that's if you even need FP from event buildings at all anymore. The only things still particularly relevant in them to a not-new city is wishing wells & shrink kits for diamond mines.

As to the cars in this event, do we have stats on them yet? It's a bit early to presume they'll be a big draw without seeing numbers.

Edit: Flipping back to early pages, I see we do. They're not great. Not nothing - but similar to other daily specials in value/space (which is to say, who cares)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@Dudettas

Was it intended that the presents array was reset over night and not at the time of change of the daily special?
I am pretty sure that my last present yesterday was not a "shuffle all". Or is the change time for the daily special unintended? Currently it is even off 1 hour from the left event run time.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
@Dudettas

Was it intended that the presents array was reset over night and not at the time of change of the daily special?
I am pretty sure that my last present yesterday was not a "shuffle all". Or is the change time for the daily special unintended? Currently it is even off 1 hour from the left event run time.

Yes, this is intended, Shuffle all appears after server time midnight as it has in previous Winter Events. The Daily Special is no longer at midnight, this changed in the Archaeology Event, and is linked to when the Event started rather than when the Event ends.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Yes, this is intended, Shuffle all appears after server time midnight as it has in previous Winter Events. The Daily Special is no longer at midnight, this changed in the Archaeology Event, and is linked to when the Event started rather than when the Event ends.
Well.. I thought the logic behind that was that the presents were shuffled because the daily special changed... I guess we have to live with it...

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

for me the events become more and more difficult and if you want to disgust the players, continue like that, personal, I already think to close 3 worlds

DeletedUser8127

You want feedback ?? Here it is ...

What's all this about reindeer diamonds? So everyone should see what they can not buy ? Who invented the nonsense ? Should there be people who are so stupid for 50 FP , agent hiding place , storage accelerator and similar idiocy are willing to pay 3000 diamonds , take the money and pay programmers so that such an event can be designed flawlessly .....
The way the event is made is otherwise nicely done. Except for the stupid nonsense with the reindeer diamonds!

YES i know - my englisch is bad ... so what ?? If you find mistakes you can keep and frame them !!

Last edited by a moderator:

6zeva9

Baronet
While the Archaeology Event was the first event to offer the prizes for 24 hours from the start of the event, it reverted back to Midnight changes until the Halloween Event.
Can you confirm that when we see 2020 Events they will maintain the 24 hours from start to finish of an event for Daily Specials (with the exception of the Carnival Event where Specials change every 6 hours) and not revert back to Local Midnight changes as happened previously?

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
The train sets are beautiful, though their stats are not adequate enough to motivate me to go for them. Overall, I'm not a big fan of event building "sets", but that's just a personal preference.
Paying diamonds for largely a set of DS prizes is just a non-starter, so sorry reindeer, you can stay in Santa's stable.
The only interest for me is the Tactician's Building. Even so, I won't put much effort into completing event quests; eventually through regular game play I'll save up enough stars so that next time the TB is a DS, I'll try to get 1 or more.
As currently set up, I won't be playing this on the live servers. Which is fine, as I'm ready for a break from the hamster wheel of never-ending events. I'll use the time to finish the Viking quests.

DeletedUser10361

I don't see the event. Do you need to be at a certain level in the tech tree? I just joined, so am only just about to move to Iron Age.