• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8378

tl;dr all pages...

Great event with nice new buildings!
But today i get a quest: "Research a technology". I hope for an alternative option for live servers! In one world that forces me in to a new era. I think lot of us would not be happy with this.

DeletedUser

tl;dr all pages...

Great event with nice new buildings!
But today i get a quest: "Research a technology". I hope for an alternative option for live servers! In one world that forces me in to a new era. I think lot of us would not be happy with this.
if you read all you would know that research will be removed from the event today

DeletedUser8564

It would be nice if there was an upgrade to Santa's Workshop, like was done to the Mad Scientist's Lab. :)
Well, I guess no upgrade for Santa's Workshop. :( Then you offer it's replacement (Sleigh Builder) which is a 2 X 3 building that produces 15 goods per day as a daily prize and then Santa's Workshop, which is now not worth having, which is 5 X 4 and produces 10 goods per day, the next day. I replaced one of mine with 3 Sleigh Builders. Now getting 45 goods, instead of 10. The only decision I have to make is to get rid of the other two Workshops I have or store them, hoping an upgrade comes at a later time.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
preliminary feedback:

Quests:
- nothing much to say so far
- good balance and due to all the alternatives doable even for starters (started on Beta one day before the event and caught up with the last daily quest after about a week - had to change ages at about quest 24 to get the battles done in the GE though)

Prizes:
- Winter spires: I like it - it is a very fine building - maybe a bit OP. Too bad you have to spend about 20.000 Diamonds to get a second one. I liked what you did in the summer event, where only half or even less of the upgrades had to be paid for to get a fully upgraded second ship (about 3000-4000 diamonds), while the rest of the upgrades could be won during the event - it is a big inducement to occasional spenders to spend some diamonds (real money) if the first extra does not cost too much... big spenders will go for lot more than only one extra anyway with something like that as the prize.

- Sleigh Builder: Nice building but seems quite OP with its 15 goods per day on 3x2. In comparisson:
- laboratory gives 15 a day on 4x4
- santas workshop gives 10 a day on 5x4
- sunken treasure with the same size as the sleigh builder gives 15 goods a day when run at 3x8h - but that would require quite some effort in compensation...
- In my opinion, the sleigh builder could be reduced to about 10 goods per day and santas workshop should be buffed to at least 15, as was done with the laboratory (maybe 18 or so would be more appropriate considering that in comparison with the laboratory more space is needed + population)​

- charming cottage: nice building and well balanced I think (gives only a slight extra in comparison to tribal squares)

Grafix of the prizes are well done. Although the lower level versions of the winter spires look a bit too run down for what they already offer...

Event window:

Why is the candle lighting decoupled from opening the boxes? Why not just light some candles whenever a box is opened directly?

The extra-window with the "candle-roulette" when using a match goes a bit overboard and does not really fit. I liked it better, before that was introduced. If something is to be implemented, an animated match going from one candle to the next on the tree to light them and at some point extinguishing on the way between candles would have been a lot more immersive (but also a bit more challenging to program I guess).

I like that the big prize (winter spires) is decoupled from the daily specials - makes it a lot more satisfying in comparison to last years set of 9 buildings and never having enough stars or luck to get any of the buildings...

I like that the shuffling of the boxes is done by letting them fall from the sky - last years "cups and balls" was quite confusing and let the players thinking that there was a chance to "follow" the prize they wanted.

All in all, thank you for the nice event - I look forward to playing it on my main city

DeletedUser8378

[tl;dr] Winter event does not work with IOS. Hope for update in the appstore.

DeletedUser9123

Sry but that is unnecessary advice...
1. There is no way you can be "ready for campers" just by waiting with unlocking military tactics, unless you are willing to camp a year as well...
2. You can only prepare against casual plunderers - that is already done by putting 8 units of the current age in the defense and the units can be easily won in the first two GE or produced in barracks in some hours...
3. Punctual collection avoids plundering ;D - and that is what i usually do...
So do I, but I find campers are sometimes deterred when you snipe their GBs - especially when you prevent double dips and can get FPs, medals and prints out of the deal - not always, but it's worked for me

Sleight Builder is 2x3 (6) and give in 24 hours 15 goods
Santa's Workshop is 5x4 (20) and give in 24 hours 10 goods

Why is the larger building worse than the smaller one?

Even the Mad Scientist Lab is smaller and better!

DeletedUser9538

Sleight Builder is 2x3 (6) and give in 24 hours 15 goods
Santa's Workshop is 5x4 (20) and give in 24 hours 10 goods

Why is the larger building worse than the smaller one?

Even the Mad Scientist Lab is smaller and better!

The only thing I can think is that Santa's Workshop also gives happiness.

DeletedUser9643

Question regarding the gifts and changing the age: Are the gifts updated at once when I change the age (even if there are already hidden), or only if I change the age before I press "Start" or only the next day after changing the age?

DeletedUser8378

Today i have negative population. Could it be the charming cottage would fixed (aka nerved)?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Today i have negative population. Could it be the charming cottage would fixed (aka nerved)?

Yes it appears my HMA one in inventory is lower than i remember - it's now only a little better than a townhouse. Still a good building though including the free goods.

indian20

Steward
My population went down by half from 11k to 5.5k and this without any announcement (although i was expecting something like this, because the numbers were to good.)

DeletedUser9666

I am in HMA and my population this morning is -541.

I am on Quest 35, struggling for the last two days to collect the coins I need to pay. I think I may need additional two days to complete it. The issue is - once I make it to quest 38 "build some prod (or goods?) buildings", I will not be able to do it with such a huge negative population. Essentially, my city is paralyzed for the next few weeks - until I earn next victory expansion. I cannot even replace clapboard houses with better townhouses because game will not allow me to delete any clapboard houses. I cannot build anything that requires population or delete anything that gives population.

So the only way to unlock my crippled city is to destroy my goods buildings. Buildings that I really need to do GE.

But that's not the worst. Charming Cottages with 750 population in HMA were the smartest idea Inno came up in a long, long time. This awesome population gave "breathing room" to lower Era player, without InnoTower or Habitat. Players like myself.

Is that what InnoGames wants? Forcing players to trade fps for Inno and Habitat goods and not allowing any "normal" buildings, that actually belong to players current era, like Charming Cottage, to provide population needed to build "high performance" lower Era city?

Is that what InnoGames wants? Turning cities into Great Building Storage Areas because all other "regular" buildings are just too inefficient to be worth the space? That's why Charming Cottage population had to be drastically reduced? To make it like that piece of garbage - Tribal Square that I keep in storage because it is not worth city space even in HMA?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am in HMA and my population this morning is -541.

I am on Quest 35, struggling for the last two days to collect the coins I need to pay. I think I may need additional two days to complete it. The issue is - once I make it to quest 38 "build some prod (or goods?) buildings", I will not be able to do it with such a huge negative population. Essentially, my city is paralyzed for the next few weeks - until I earn next victory expansion. I cannot even replace clapboard houses with better townhouses because game will not allow me to delete any clapboard houses. I cannot build anything that requires population or delete anything that gives population.

So the only way to unlock my crippled city is to destroy my goods buildings. Buildings that I really need to do GE.

But that's not the worst. Charming Cottages with 750 population in HMA were the smartest idea Inno came up in a long, long time. This awesome population gave "breathing room" to lower Era player, without InnoTower or Habitat. Players like myself.

Is that what InnoGames wants? Forcing players to trade fps for Inno and Habitat goods and not allowing any "normal" buildings, that actually belong to players current era, like Charming Cottage, to provide population needed to build "high performance" lower Era city?

Is that what InnoGames wants? Turning cities into Great Building Storage Areas because all other "regular" buildings are just too inefficient to be worth the space? That's why Charming Cottage population had to be drastically reduced? To make it like that piece of garbage - Tribal Square that I keep in storage because it is not worth city space even in HMA?

Generally you don't need the likes of inno tower before endgame. If you're having trouble fitting in enough population and goods buildings to do GE by HMA you're most likely spending space on other things you don't need to be (i.e. you're making choices). Whether that's turning your city into a GB storage area for bad or underlevelled GBs, or filling it with other event buildings that leave no space for what you need, or just using a layout that wastes a lot of space.

On one of the live worlds I managed GE4 every week for the first year after its launch with no age ahead GBs until i built an Arc in contemporary era. It was challenging in iron and EMA to both get the goods to neg ge4 and progress with getting GBs up - but by HMA things were moving along nicely.

They've been very cautious about providing 'better than regular' housing til now - so the charming cottage was a surprise at its old values. It's now about as good as regular still with free goods on top, which is fine :)

DeletedUser8378

All events have a very big problem: waiting lot of days for a nice daily price to catch them!

DeletedUser9410

iv got to say this has been my favourite event in a while . love the main building especially that its possible to get upgraded without too much difficulty . i like the cottage as well i hope that when it goes live it will be available on mobile as well without any delays.

DeletedUser9643

Do I see it correctly: This event forces to capture 2 provinces? Quest 5: 2 sectors (so 1 province needed) & Quest 36: Scout 1 province (2nd province needed)
This is a No-Go for me. Such stuff is only helpful in the very beginning of the game and at the end, when all is captured. In between there are only very little time slots when you go forward on the continent map. The majority of the time you stay at the end of an age on the map.

Inno: You may want that players go forward on the map. Yes, we do! But at the time when it makes most sense for us to do to avoid running into problems.
To put such demand already into the 5th quest is an event blocker.

Ok, for a 4x4 building with 20 FP the day I would rethink.