• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9606

Dear beta members,

Let's say I have 30 stars. When I choose a present for the first 10 stars it gives me a shuffle (1st present box), however, I don't want to use it straight away leaving me with 20 stars and 17 present boxes available. So if I don't want to shuffle presents straight away can I select another present (2nd present box) from the 17 present boxes remaining for another 10 stars leaving me with 10 stars, 16 present boxes and a shuffle button still unused? After a time once I decide to shuffle presents again it gives me back 10 stars (due to shuffle button) increasing total to 20 stars and are then all the 18 presents shuffled randomly with daily prize available again? Assume that the second prize in my hypothetical scenario was a daily prize (2nd present box), then I shuffled and will the daily prize appear again in one of the new 18 presents?

I will look forward to you response.

Sincerely,
Penki

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9251

Dear beta members,

Let's say I have 30 stars. When I choose a present for the first 10 stars it gives me a shuffle (1st present box), however, I don't want to use it straight away leaving me with 20 stars and 17 present boxes available. So if I don't want to shuffle presents straight away can I select another present (2nd present box) from the 17 present boxes remaining for another 10 stars leaving me with 10 stars, 16 present boxes and a shuffle button still unused? After a time once I decide to shuffle presents again it gives me back 10 stars (due to shuffle button) increasing total to 20 stars and are then all the 18 presents shuffled randomly with daily prize available again? Assume that the second prize in my hypothetical scenario was a daily prize (2nd present box), then I shuffled and will the daily prize appear again in one of the new 18 presents?

I will look forward to you response.

Sincerely,
Penki
When you get a shuffle, you get back the 10 stars you spent on selecting that gift - but you are not able to select another gift. It automatically resets the matrix to a new "deck". On the plus side, you do get your 10 stars back...plus a match. So you basically get 2 matches for the same 10 stars.

I get it, a Shuffle is the last thing you want to get...and if you look at the comments, it is the most hated of the gift options. It does have it's advantages.

On a side note, when I got the 300 stars, I managed to select the shuffle last on one of the matrix's. I felt like I won the lottery!

DeletedUser9606

When you get a shuffle, you get back the 10 stars you spent on selecting that gift - but you are not able to select another gift. It automatically resets the matrix to a new "deck". On the plus side, you do get your 10 stars back...plus a match. So you basically get 2 matches for the same 10 stars.

I get it, a Shuffle is the last thing you want to get...and if you look at the comments, it is the most hated of the gift options. It does have it's advantages.

On a side note, when I got the 300 stars, I managed to select the shuffle last on one of the matrix's. I felt like I won the lottery!
Thanks. It's a bit sad then :/

Last edited by a moderator:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Why on earth would you want to shuffle last? that means you had to open all 18 gifts to win 1 special - that's a horrible ratio! You do generally want to find the shuffle after the special - but you want to find both as fast as possible to get good returns from the event.

DeletedUser9525

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not have quests in events like these that require the completion of Research with no other option. It often takes a lot of preparation to move up an age making it an impossible choice between completing the event or staying in the current age. It should not be a requirement to move up an age to complete a quest.

This includes "Complete Another quest" which also gets caught up with the same need to complete research.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
"Complete Another quest"

You can always abort side quests until you get one you can finish...

It often takes a lot of preparation

Why do you still need to prepare for moving up an age, if you have finished all research already?
Either you have been long enough in your current age that you have horded lots of goods from the next age, or you rushed anyway and why would you suddenly care about researching a tech then...

Since it is not the first time that such things are required in events (although it would be first time since the football event I think), I do not research everything, if I want to stay in an age for some time...

dpghost

Steward
Do we have only one Winter Spire?
Like there is an unlimited amount of upgrades...
Why not some level 1 additional Winter Spire?

DeletedUser9600

I have been playing this game for 10 days now.. and i started the winter quest. i am still in BA and wanted to stay there for some more time before i move to IA since its easier to get the BPs in BA.

But the winter quest no 40, requires BA players to "complete 5 expedition using negotiation or defeat 80 units"

For a player in BA, this is an impossible since we will have to move up to IA even if we are not ready yet.

An alternate would be good for BA players too.

DeletedUser9240

I have been playing this game for 10 days now.. and i started the winter quest. i am still in BA and wanted to stay there for some more time before i move to IA since its easier to get the BPs in BA.

But the winter quest no 40, requires BA players to "complete 5 expedition using negotiation or defeat 80 units"

For a player in BA, this is an impossible since we will have to move up to IA even if we are not ready yet.

An alternate would be good for BA players too.

Pick a sector on the campaign map where you can kill a few of the enemy without taking any damage and surrender the fight. Rinse, repeat ad nauseam. Just stop before you throw your computer or mobile at the dog out of frustration. :)

DeletedUser9548

I've been stuck for two days now. When I'm stuck, I don't play FoE. Gather 100 goods is ridiculous! I hate it when the game devs make it easy for higher age players but difficult for us beginners.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've been stuck for two days now. When I'm stuck, I don't play FoE. Gather 100 goods is ridiculous! I hate it when the game devs make it easy for higher age players but difficult for us beginners.

Find someone to make a circular trade with. Two trades 50 A for 50 B and 50 B for 50 A. accept both. Quest done.

Join a guild, ask if anyone can help with the quest by trading. At the very least you should be able to find someone willing to trade 50 for 50, then trade again so you both have what you started with. Quest complete.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster

As the others already mentioned - trading is a superb option to clear that task. You also have to consider, that later age players probably have to collect a lot more goods than you.

Artubar

Baronet
The quests were not functioning, that is a fact. We could either do what we did to get the event functioning again, or left them broken while we looked into the problem further, which would have left every player stuck in the event with no one making any progress at all.
As I understood it, only players who have already researched all techs (#19) or scouted all provinces (#36) were stuck? How else can it be explained that players already solved the following quests?
How many players were really affected by the bug? And how many are playing actively and are affected by your "solution"?

I would have loved to play & test the event further, but I'm stuck at #19 due to the bug of the missing alternative requirement.
I do still hope this bug will get fixed in time, with enough time to solve the remaining quests before the event ends.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
due to the bug of the missing alternative requirement.

As I understood it:

- The missing alternative is not the bug - it is the hot-fix...
- The bug was that these quests were not auto-completed for players that reached the end of the map or the end of the research tree respectively.
- Removing the alternative lets the auto-complete function do its job properly

So essentially, the players in the lead get it easy (autocomplete and not having to do the 24h productions), while everybody else gets forced to do research and scout. On the other hand, these players already did everything in the game that all the other players still have to do.

I think it is OK without the alternatives, although I would like to see them functioning properly...
I do not have problems with having to scout or doing research - as long as it does not take overhand - the main event building more than compensates for that.

DeletedUser9538

I just want to say I'm really enjoying this event. Although the quests are a bit hard at times, I like the challenge. And I did end up moving up an era to complete a research, although I wasn't near ready for it, but I will catch up after the event is over. My favorite part is opening the presents to see what I get. It's just like Christmas! Thanks, FOE developers, for coming up with such fun events.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
a run down on spire completion without diamonds:

you have a level 4 spire from quest rewards and need 8 upgrades.
With the pattern of the upgrades that means you need to clear 15 trees.
A tree requires an average of 10 matches it seems (1, 2, 3 candles seem equally likely in my experience so 20 candles = 10 matches on average)
10 matches require 100 stars.
Accordingly you need to spend 1500 stars.
You get about 1000 from 10 per quest and daily login, plus 300 from quest milestone.
You need to win 200 stars from opening presents (10 per shuffle, 3 per show 2, 14 slot appears to be just a single one daily rather than varying amounts per board this year from what i've seen).

It seems likely you'll complete 1 spire without spending diamonds but plausible you might come up a little short due to bad luck. It would be wise to have some of your free diamonds from expedition saved in case you need them at the end.

A 2nd spire will likely require an additional 22 trees or 2200 stars and you're unlikely to have much free progress to start one (past events have targetted 1.5ish grand prizes for free to tempt you to finish the half-started one, this one appears to target just finishing 1) - a reasonable guess would be about 18k diamonds per additional spire. If there's a 50 star special day though like there has been in previous years it may cost considerably less in terms of diamonds to get one and you may be able to have progress toward your 2nd stored up from your free stars.