• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

Kronan

Viceroy
If motivated, yes.

Rival has arrived. Appears to be a little buggy when he's asking for the 2nd time to collect 4/6 stars red boxes. The other colour works, red he doesn't count. Other than that seems to work
I saw the same thing, and initially responded as you did. Then realized.... it was worded incompletely/incorrectly (not the way we think...).

I too, quizzically, said to myself - it's broken.

I got it to complete (as you probably did), but the words were not asking for the right thing, since a PROGRESS LINE was "quietly" involved.

I needed do to this quest/task/chore 2 times... (the progress bar indicated my task progress, not the task words...)

Drop at least 2 RED tiles within the group of red tiles, with all the dropped tiles having 4 stars.

Dropping 20 red tiles all with 4 stars does satisfy 3 conditions (red color tiles, all 4 stars, dropping quantity of 2 or more)

so you have to do that, as a multiplier, 2 times ---> (red color tiles, all 4 stars, dropping quantity of 2 or more)

The quest then resolved.

The power of compounded questing.... LOL.

It should have said in the text (not just a progress bar...)

DO THIS TWICE:
drop at least 2 tiles, that are colored red, that all have 4 stars.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I saw the same thing, and initially responded as you did. Then realized.... it was worded incompletely/incorrectly (not the way we think...).

I too, quizzically, said to myself - it's broken.

I got it to complete (as you probably did), but the words were not asking for the right thing, since a PROGRESS LINE was "quietly" involved.

I needed do to this quest/task/chore 2 times... (the progress bar indicated my task progress, not the task words...)

Drop at least 2 RED tiles within the group of red tiles, with all the dropped tiles having 4 stars.

Dropping 20 red tiles all with 4 stars does satisfy 3 conditions (red color tiles, all 4 stars, dropping quantity of 2 or more)

so you have to do that, as a multiplier, 2 times ---> (red color tiles, all 4 stars, dropping quantity of 2 or more)

The quest then resolved.

The power of compounded questing.... LOL.
I'm aware of the drop requirement. I did comply with it. It's more likely the X* requirement was what went wrong. Probably mistaken the number of * I've observed. For the 6* a ridiculously large quantity is required after all. Besides completing rival quests require cheesy tactics and tons of event currency. Didn't payed enough intention if those were provided by the rival. The boosters he asked for, were in general provided either by him or at the beginning of the event.
Overall I deem Wild Life rival somewhat beatable under specific conditions: upfront knowledge of quests, upfront knowing cheesy tactics, following set cheesy tactics closely. The 48h timeframe is a little too short for ppl with work. Particularly if they have a family. It's often 36h left effectively. Executing the cheesy tactic necessary to beat the rival requires hours of gameplay. Easily swallowing 2-3h in one sitting. Anyone can fill in for themselves how achievable an 3h+ sitting can be. With an 72h timeframe, as partially advertised (48-72h), would've been more suitable for such high intensity quests.

Atosha

Merchant
Absolutely, the adjustment made to the rival compared to Beta is a surprise, but a bad one.
In the announcement (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/wildlife-event-2024.16693/#post-168217), it's said, I quote:
"We have adjusted the Rival Challenge rewards and Quest Conditions.
  • You now also receive buildings as possible rewards, as well as more rewards in general.
  • The Quest difficulty has been adjusted."
Based on the massive feedback and the suggestions made (give 2 colors possibility for the "pop" quests, accepts boxes with more stars), I think everybody understood, rival will be made a bit more accessible.
However, it's the opposite that has been put live! Not even the coins but the requirements in terms of boxes have been increased.
And if the buildings as rewards are a good addition, there are no more rewards given buildings taking the tools reward slot purely and simply.

As beta players, we accept to test, suggest and relay information in the live servers (a thing that FoE has almost entirely delegated to some dedicated players and their wonderful guide). Is our feedback useful?

"Live" players, that have been warned in advance, are surprised and disappointed regarding the difficulty. Imagine the one that discovers it directly!
Plus they'll have to face 2 others, which represents as showed by @Hiep Lin the whole coins package available, meaning FoE suggests now that outside rivals, we should play without event currency - or not doing Rivals (it should be an "AND", I'm playing the event and I take the challenge of rival!! --> St Patrick rival is even worse in that direction).

Absolutely, the adjustment made to the rival compared to Beta is a surprise, but a bad one.
In the announcement (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/wildlife-event-2024.16693/#post-168217), it's said, I quote:
"We have adjusted the Rival Challenge rewards and Quest Conditions.
  • You now also receive buildings as possible rewards, as well as more rewards in general.
  • The Quest difficulty has been adjusted."
Based on the massive feedback and the suggestions made (give 2 colors possibility for the "pop" quests, accepts boxes with more stars), I think everybody understood, rival will be made a bit more accessible.
However, it's the opposite that has been put live! Not even the coins but the requirements in terms of boxes have been increased.
And if the buildings as rewards are a good addition, there are no more rewards given buildings taking the tools reward slot purely and simply.

As beta players, we accept to test, suggest and relay information in the live servers (a thing that FoE has almost entirely delegated to some dedicated players and their wonderful guide). Is our feedback useful?

"Live" players, that have been warned in advance, are surprised and disappointed regarding the difficulty. Imagine the one that discovers it directly!
Plus they'll have to face 2 others, which represents as showed by @Hiep Lin the whole coins package available, meaning FoE suggests now that outside rivals, we should play without event currency - or not doing Rivals (it should be an "AND", I'm playing the event and I take the challenge of rival!! --> St Patrick rival is even worse in that direction).
They make it "easier" by making a 4* chest easier to create (8 and 9 tiles on live), but they made it more difficult by asking for mosre chests and more extra moves. Net change: more difficult.

They changed the tools in two milestone with buildings. They gave back half of those tools by increasing the reward in the tasks.
Task 23 now give 3 Leafy lines instead of 1, increased by half of the amount previouslyin the milestone (4).
Task 24 now give 2 Lightnings instead of 1, increased by half of the amount previously in the milestone (2).
I don't know if they increased the reward in any of the task after 26 because I didn't even try to complete task 26 on any of my live words. A waste of time and event currency.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
no he is not confirming

because then he would know that you can't plunder the goods
those are only generated when motivated but motivated buildings can't be plundered anymore
Why plunder information on building is always difficult to figure out. Building stats Juber will add it, but this time missed it completely. Just a one more row in the announcement next to "road to connection", it will be more useful.

Astrid

Baronet
Is there a way I can see players that are currently in the silver - golden league ? Or the top 50-100 ? It would be interesting to see in my world who spends the most diamonds.

terim

Merchant
In the winter event it was possible to see the first 50 by means of a json file that the browser received, that file has been hidden