• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

I have to retract my previous statement about not getting the golden upgrade for the Animal Crossing. I just reached 607 progress thanks to some great games where a lot of paws dropped down and diligent use of the tools I won during Rival. So all in all, a successful event for me. My main criticism is that the event is too long (30 days) and that Rival was balanced horribly. It's a trap.

RoCoJo

Merchant
If it stays this way I will not play this event on Life (and will express my opinion why in my guilds):
- Couldn't get the main building at level 11. Stuck at 9
- The rival is an horrible addition : it works counterproductive to the nornal gameplay of the board (which already has 2 'opposite'/different goals itselves: points and/or paws). Rewards of Rival maybe helping to get the main building but i have the feeling that luck of getting the right boards at the right time plays an important role. So if you want to succeed you need to use diamonds (on which I'll pass but success isn't 'guaranteed') or be lucky

Alas I'm missing out on the top level. It also looks like I'm staying just outside the top 50%. During roughly the first half of the the tickets I hardly brought in any paws, often just 1 paw at the start with no extra paws appearing. The last third of the tickets went better. often 4 to 6 paws, but that didnt make up for the deficit.

Norde

Merchant
PS: I don't consider the few that got lucky and found a way to succeed - to represent the MANY that just play to have fun, and still win an event prize. I'm saying here - many more than NORMAL won't make it - a few always seem to report they "defied the odds" and did.
>>me<< I didn't play for about a week at the beginning, missed one rival. no daily quests, no diamons. But I completed the other rival quests.
1,5M score (almost in professional), 560 paws (one ticket left with tools)
Rivals is a big boost, normal/golden tickets. Btw It's unusual to have so many tools, I should have used more.

have to adapt to rivals quest:
There were two types of strategy, rush or keep your quests for a good daily... here comes the third
- have four tickets when you start rival quests
- do your quests when rival comes

I agree with the ideas described earlier, that it would be less frustrating if, for example, it didn't count the colors separately.

Jubilee

Merchant
I have to retract my previous statement about not getting the golden upgrade for the Animal Crossing. I just reached 607 progress thanks to some great games where a lot of paws dropped down and diligent use of the tools I won during Rival. So all in all, a successful event for me. My main criticism is that the event is too long (30 days) and that Rival was balanced horribly. It's a trap.
I agree it felt a little too long & Rival was more a hinderance than a help.

CrashBoom

Legend
A dev on discord mentioned updating the event the other day but did he ever give any details? Seemed like the same game to me.
this ???
Dear Wildlife Park visitors,
Thank you for providing your feedback so far, especially regarding the Rival Challenges! We are doing some changes to the Event again, as well as some Rival Challenge adjustments.
We have rebalanced the Serene Flamingo Habitat (Silver Upgrade):

• :random: Production has been adjusted:
    • (50% Chance) 4 Habitats Journey Selection Kit Fragments -> (67% Chance) 3 Habitats Journey Selection Kit Fragments
    • (50% Chance) 4 Alligator Swamp Upgrade Kit Fragments -> (33% Chance) 3 Alligator Swamp Upgrade Kit Fragments
The next Rival Challenges will have more alternatives, as well as better rewards and easier Quests.

Again, thank you very much for providing your feedback. Please continue to provide it!
Your Forge of Empires Team

SirAlucard

Steward
Got really close with my last ticket just now, but I'm still 4 paws short for the last required upgrade for the flamingo habitat. We don't need to speak about animal crossing, because that's way off and unreachable without being lucky and spending diamonds. But I know how I got so close to the last upgrade, because I was lucky and got overall 5 tickets from incidents. I did also some rival quests, but I didn't focus on them, because every strategy is worthless as soon as RNG trips you over. I got extremly unlucky with my boards during the rivals quests, not having enough time for rivals was also a factor, because I got daily work of around 8.5h+1h of travel time, shocking I know. And because of this I don't hold my breath, that I would do better on live, if this stays the way it was here on beta. Can't recommend it in any way, clearly P2W.

Ended up with 775 paws after spending 1500 diamonds on Rivals 1 because I was unprepared.
Was able to finish Rivals 2 with 0 diamonds and got to quest 25 or 26 on Rivals 3 without spending and not much time because of family events, thus netting me 10 more tickets. I will not spend on live and I'm already quite sure that silver league is guaranteed ;)

Kronan

Viceroy
My final report, as predicted....

1) Short the final upgrade needed - played this in earnest each day for a month.
2) Fell back to Trainee League - that's an insult!!
3) I even played the Daily challenge EVENT choice - each day (summarized over 1 month to a 95% yield)
4) I did not seriously play any of the 3 Rival events other than a few (2-5) easy encounters at the start of each.

My final thoughts: Inno - if you put this out into live as is - you're going to SERIOUSLY ruin your event credibility allowing people think they can play this for a MONTH with all that dedicated time investment , and diligence required as well...

and fail this miserably as non-spending players.

So go ahead and do that if you think that's where you want to take your community.

Last edited:

Flo0Fil2L0

Merchant
You can play this event just for the pleasure of playing knowing that in the end you will not win the building at level 11, whoever wants to play to win then you have to pay! because it will take a lot of diamonds if this event happens without major modifications on the public servers

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
whoever wants to play to win then you have to pay!
That's problem of this mandatory rival design/"balance." The game used to be designed from the start as: f2p and f2w for events.
Sure, at some point events made it really attractive to spend for an 2nd or multitude of extra buildings. However the rival as an mandatory thing by design will cause more harm than good.

SirAlucard

Steward
I'm happy with the event. The prize will be given to those who deserve it. If you don't make an effort, you get small prizes.
How does someone don't deserve to be successful, despite playing every day, getting every DC and focusing on max paw outcome? Your comment doesn't make any sense. I did everything above mentioned and wasn't able to get it, because I decided not to spend money on the event. My diamonds are spend for additional city expansions, because they're more useful, so also not spending the free diamonds for the time being on events. Does this decision making disqualify me to get the main building on max level? I don't think so.

Sinitar

Regent
My final report, as predicted....

1) Short the final upgrade needed - played this in earnest each day for a month.
2) Fell back to Trainee League - that's an insult!!
Will happens to 70% of players without having a strategy. I know is suffering writing this everytime
3) I even played the Daily challenge each day (summarized over 1 month to a 95% yield)
I played probably 80% of their since some I wasn't able to complete
4) I did not seriously play any of the 3 Rival events other than a few (2-5) easy encounters at the start of each.
This was your mistake. I can understand the 1st wave of Rival's tasks since none was ready to done it due to high difficult and was supposed to be f2p, not p2w, but the other 2 you cannot write that it's impossible to finish their. Yea, it's a trap as someone wrote in the past if you don't know what you to do
After understand the strategy, you don't need any diamond to resolve his tasks

Due to performing the strategy, I spent at least 2k diamonds for rival, but was necessary to understand and I reached without problems at 757 paws gained and 2M points (Silver league)
With some luck Rng, I was able to have another 2 Shrine panda and at the same time 2 golden upgrade animal crossing
About Flaming

Screenshot_463.png

Last edited: