• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

CDmark

Baronet
Once again, red required. I have 1 ticket. I use it. No red. No intelligence will fix this, only spending diamonds. This is not fun. It's not a puzzle.
Join the "Missing Color" club. I just used a ticket, 2nd entrance ticket for Quest 9, then had Quest 10 for popping 50 yellow, was full of red, no yellow at all.

Here are some of the things we covered at this mornings MC Club meeting

Maybe I should spend 200 diamonds for a ticket for another game where there is a 20% chance the yellow will be missing again?
I love those quests you can't do unless you spend diamonds, top of my "faves" list. But, If I do get yellows on the board, my next favorite thing to do is ignore paws and just go for one color, who needs those pesky paws anyways. AND, if I get 50 yellows, I can win a leafy line booster. Ah, the lovely blue, yellow, orange, green, no red leafy line but don't get too attached to it, you have to give it up for Quest 11. So, you can pop 50 yellow, move to the next quest, use that temporary leafy line, yes, YES!!! 2 quests on one ticket so the wasted ticket doesn't count anymore, and, AND, I get a lightning booster, it is like trading in your car, from the 4 color leafy line to the 6, yes six, color lightning, it has red, yellow, blue, orange, green and purple. Why purple? nobody knows, just looks good. But, I am going to need that lightning booster because the next quest is pop 50 green. Is it possible? Could it be? 3, I said 3 (THREE) quests on one ticket? Don't be silly, that was the yellow board, it has no green but you have an 80% chance to get it next game.

Person in the audience: Mr CD, MC Club President, wouldn't another game require another ticket and cost another 200 diamonds.
CD: Um, young man, I see you don't get it. It will only cost 187.5 diamonds because you should have bought 4 tickets for 750 diamonds. I was going to tell you this after you bought individual tickets.

OK, back to the quests. Now that you have the new game with green, zap those greens with that temporary lightning booster you just got. Some say, freshly won lightning boosters zap faster, and when you get that 50th green tile, get ready...please sit down, you get 10 wildlife coins. No not 3 or 5 like those incidents in your city, a whole 10, double digits, barely. Now, we are ready for the "collect 4 yellow chests with 4 stars" quest, we call it "the underachievers special".

Person in the audience: Excuse me, Mr CD, if we use that fresh lightning booster and get the 50 greens fast, like in 10 moves, we can use that same ticket for the underachievers quest?
CD: Did you just get 50 green? Well you know if you go for green, yellow will not be there, so new game.
Person in the audience: Wow, another ticket, these quests take a lot of tickets, where are we supposed to get all these tickets?
CD: At the top of the window, you see that plus sign to the right of the timer and to the right of the "0", when you click it you can choose all the tickets you want.
Person in the audience: But those tickets cost diamonds.
CD: I think you are starting to get it.

Rival/Mini-challenge improvement suggestions:
  1. Extend it to 3 days (as per announcement of mini-challenge). There is no reason for this challenge to have the lesser time of 2 days.
  2. All the tasks that require a colour should have 2 colours. Example: "Pop 25 Red Tiles in the level" into "Pop 25 Red or Yellow Tiles"
  3. Remove "in the level" from all tasks. It might look like you need to do it in one level, which is incorrect, and it means nothing regardless. If someone is unsure of where the action should be taken that is not a good explanation and in any case the explanation is supposed to be in the question mark that is already there.
  4. All task that require to collect chests should accept any chest of the required amount or higher. And be allow 2 colours. "Collect 4 Red Chest with 4 stars" into "Collect 4 Red or Blue chest with at least 4 stars".
  5. Add an event start countdown (start 24 hours before Rival). The announcement in live did work (except that the event started one week later) but we need a in-game feature for this like we have a count down for when events start. The Rival quest line tab should appear 24 hours before the event start and include the count down for when the event start, with appropriate text. You can use something similar to what you already developed for when a player has completed all the currently available daily quests.
  6. Add an ability to see what is the next quest before completing the current one. People that interact with the forum and other fan content probably don't need this but casual players on mobile will greatly appreciate it. You almost already have this feature developed for the Daily Challenge. It would be better if this allow to see more than one quest forward, ideally 3, but just one might be good enough. This feature would be beneficial also in the event quest line (both this event quest and any other event).
  7. The start new level task are confusing. Currently it says "Start new levels by spending 2 Entrance Tickets" (and 1 or 3 in other task). This seems to exclude the use of golden ticked to complete this task since with golden ticket I would not have spend 2 entrance tickets as requested. Golden ticket should be allowed (it might already be, but I'm not going to test this, and waste a golden ticket, unless the text is clear. Text should probably be "Start 2 new level in the event window". I personally don't think "level" is a good term, board would be better, but in the announcement you do use the term "level".
  8. Set the 3 DS special to be the 3 new DS building: Raccoon Hideout, Giant Kapok, and Blood Lilies. Ideally players would prefer to be able to choose the alternate, or at least to use diamonds to keep switching alternate, but I doubt you would consider this a reasonable feature.
  9. Add ability to get a see the next day DS. This should allow players to choose if they wish to complete task with today DS (or alternate) or go for next day DS.
  10. Change the meaningless reward. All the rewards are worth 40+ coins, except task that give a paltry 10 coins (price of hammer 60 or 30 boosters in cheapest pack 41). Alternatives:
    1. Increase this to 50-100 coins. It can be different values for each of the currently 4 tasks that give a coin reward (4, 12, 20, 28). In any case it would be less than the cost of the extra move required to complete tasks 8, 16, 24, and 32.
    2. Give a selection kit for either the Animal Crossing, Panda Reserve and/or Panda Pathway
    3. Give one of the new DS buildings: Raccoon Hideout, Giant Kapok, or Blood Lilies
  11. Allow us to exit the event window and collect more coins on the screen where extra moves can be bought. There is a workaround, but we should not need it.
I saw suggestions that Rival should start with the first rush quest, but this doesn't solve any problem since Rival is supposed to appear 3 times during this event, according to the announcement.

Even with all those changes Rival would be probably still be impossible to complete without diamonds or a huge amount of saved quests and a lot of luck (which would work for only one of the 3 iteration).

Note: having two colour to choose from or a combination of the two will slightly decrease the difficulty of some tasks, if you get both colour on the board, but it would not increase the effectiveness of tool like lightning in completing the task.

Problem with Rival:
  • Frustration with task that cannot be completed because of bad luck in colour offered (see suggestion 2 above). Since the chance is 20% this will happen to all players sooner or later (16 task with colour constrain 2.8% of always having the right colour if each task are completed in just one "level").
  • Forced to play suboptimal to complete a task with colour or 4* chest requirement (see suggestion 2, 4, 8 and 9)
  • Too little time to complete the task (see solution 1 to reduce this, but still in the limit of the Mini-challenge announcement)
  • Tasks consume more than the value of the reward (see suggestion 4, 2, and 10). Currently the task cost 520 coins, 5 hammers, 3 Leafy Lines and 1 Lightning. But most tasks require the usage of some additional boosters if they are to be completed in a reasonable amount of steps (Pop x colour tiles, Collect x colour chest with 4* or 6*.
  • Require the battle win during the pause in the GBG is evil. You might want to reschedule the start to be on a Friday/Weekend.
We could save rush quest, daily quest, and golden ticket to complete more of this mini-challenge, but what is the point if the chance of wasting tickets, is so high and with a high probability we would get a useless DS. New players might be interested in almost any DS, but the tasks with spend forge points clearly show that new players are supposed to be unable to complete Rival.

Personally I tried to do more than one task with just one ticket, but mostly it's impossible.
On ticket I used for task 2 (Pop Red Tiles), there where no Blue tiles at all (Task 4 Pop Blue Tiles).
On the second ticket I used to complete the 4th missing Red Chest with 4 stars (Task 5) I was able to create and save 2 Blue boxes with 6 star (Task 7), but I was able to drop only 4 Wildlife Paws, because the 5th never appeared.
On task 7 I was able to drop the 2nd blue chest with 6 star with my last move of the level. Since I knew the next task asked for extra moves, I used a workaround to collect the Rival task so I could buy extra move immediately for task 8 (and win the 5th battle I was missing). This is the reason for suggestion 6.

Missing in the Event announcement:
Some of the building in the event announcement have the road information row but it is blank:
  • Raccoon Hideout - no, does not require a road
  • Giant Kapok - yes, require a road
  • Blood Lilies - I don't know. I didn't encounter this one yet.
I really liked that the winter event stopped that nonsense of golden league building (and calendar and Elfie) producing different upgrade kit with chance (and a bad RNG). Instead they produced fragment for one kit where the player can choose what he or she needs. In the long term it doesn't matter. But in the short term it just delay building production for most players.
I'm disappointed to see that the chance was restored in this event.

The rival challenge is not what it was before. It is nice seeing some mini-game task adding variety. But these task are way too many or too difficult.
There should always be a way a F2P player can do these quesst. So you could either:

1 )Remove some quests ( at least 50% of them)
2 ) cummulate all those quests in four bulks for each milestone and run 8 of them simultaneously
3) remove the task bound to the mini-game or reduce them significantly for example only keep mini-game tasks for milestones. This will be still very challenging but possible.
4) last option is not to run this challenge at all, because in this format it is doable only for players who will be spending, yet those usually do not have the patience to do all these tasks and will know, that it is simply cheaper to buy extra tickets and play them a their own pace in the day with preferrred daily special.

Ra3Boy

Farmer
Reactions:MJ Artisan of War, .Chris, TARS and 5 others

Ra3Boy

Farmer​

Dear colleagues! We play this game and want to have fun with it and buy prizes that are really valuable and allow us to progress! We are ready to spend money on this project! But why don't you allow this to happen! I want to get an upgrade for the golden panda from this event! I'm ready to buy it! But you don't do this! Why ? I at least get a platinum or diamond upgrade for the panda, since the knowledge of the golden panda is already outdated! Do at least this! I don't need your gold upgrades for the animal crossing! I'm ready to buy an upgrade for the golden panda! Give her a platinum upgrade! Do you want money? Or don't you want to?

jovada

Regent
I reached quest 17 , use 3 times a ticket , no more diamonds i had to use them to buy extra tools , inno could at least give us two days more to compensate their failure with the release of Rival. Also not a single reaction from mods here. Of course this is beta and it's for testing , but let us test properly then.

Dear colleagues! We play this game and want to have fun with it and buy prizes that are really valuable and allow us to progress! We are ready to spend money on this project! But why don't you allow this to happen! I want to get an upgrade for the golden panda from this event! I'm ready to buy it! But you don't do this! Why ? I at least get a platinum or diamond upgrade for the panda, since the knowledge of the golden panda is already outdated! Do at least this! I don't need your gold upgrades for the animal crossing! I'm ready to buy an upgrade for the golden panda! Give her a platinum upgrade! Do you want money? Or don't you want to?
According to the reply in the announcement the reward of silver will include bronze and gold will include silver from next update.
Now in the game bronze give the golden upgrade (not the statue to wait 150 days!) and so do silver and gold.

Ra3Boy

Farmer
I want a platinum upgrade for panda and level 2 tracks! I'll finish playing the game for 10 years! Why should I waste time on an outdated building? if you want money, make a platinum upgrade for the panda

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-14-16-42-09-22_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-14-16-42-09-22_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 9

Ra3Boy

Farmer

According to the reply in the announcement the reward of silver will include bronze and gold will include silver from next update.
Now in the game bronze give the golden upgrade (not the statue to wait 150 days!) and so do silver and gold.

I want a platinum upgrade for panda and level 2 tracks! I'll finish playing the game for 10 years! Why should I waste time on an outdated building? if you want money, make a platinum upgrade for the panda

Gedrog

Squire
I reached quest 17 , use 3 times a ticket , no more diamonds i had to use them to buy extra tools , inno could at least give us two days more to compensate their failure with the release of Rival. Also not a single reaction from mods here. Of course this is beta and it's for testing , but let us test properly then.
And you get this quest a second time total spend of 10K diamonds to complete all quests if you were rushing it.
Reducing number of extra moves from 10-5 yet still asking the same price plus increasing the number of paws that needs to be collected has basically tripled the cost per building for diamond players. I spent 50 K diamonds and had an incomplete building to show for my efforts

BabaORiley

Merchant
@InnoGames:

IMHO ist would be more useful to concentrate on the balancing of the basic event instead of creating additional misbegotten features.
At least for the players.

Eg.: the number of paws available in the levels seems a bit low...

If you continue releasing the Minievents i suggest that all quests are being published at the beginning of the Minievent,
giving everybody a reasonable basis to decide whether to participate or not.

Kronan

Viceroy
let's refine that, @BabaORiley

The predominant :wildlife: delivery timeframe is a hockey stick. A few :wildlife: at the beginning... then typically a long stretch of NOTHING until...

You're at 6 moves left , and all hell breaks loose.

It drops 1 or 2 :wildlife:always AT THE TOP of the board for 3 of your 6 moves (so 4-6 new paws...), and you scramble ~~ you have to get them all down in another 3 moves....

Or pay for an extension ...

They're laughing at us I think. Dropping lots of :wildlife: into the board near the end of the ticket allocation of moves, is just nasty. And it happens way too often.

How about giving us a fighting chance to work toward a reasonable closure for the board, vs dumping lots of dangling paws that we can't get unless we pay and pay and pay...?

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy

Bien joué!

Je ne suis pas difficile, mais la langue officielle du jeu FoE est l'anglais.
Je sais que le français est une langue merveilleuse en soi, et j'ai étudié le français pendant 11 ans à l'école, mais l'IMPACT que vous avez est plus élevé et plus convivial si vous créez une version de ce merveilleux tableau - en anglais.

Même si vous devez dupliquer celui-ci, celui en anglais sera bien plus apprécié.

Well done!

I'm not being picky, but FoE's official game language is English.
I know French is a wonderful language itself, and I studied French for 11 year in school, but the IMPACT you have is higher and more friendly if you make a version of this wonderful chart - in English.

Even if you have to duplicate this one, the English one will be much more appreciated.

Ra3Boy

Farmer
When platinum up by panda?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-14-16-42-09-22_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-14-16-42-09-22_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 9

Pirowars

Farmer
Bien joué!

Je ne suis pas difficile, mais la langue officielle du jeu FoE est l'anglais.
Je sais que le français est une langue merveilleuse en soi, et j'ai étudié le français pendant 11 ans à l'école, mais l'IMPACT que vous avez est plus élevé et plus convivial si vous créez une version de ce merveilleux tableau - en anglais.

Même si vous devez dupliquer celui-ci, celui en anglais sera bien plus apprécié.

Well done!

I'm not being picky, but FoE's official game language is English.
I know French is a wonderful language itself, and I studied French for 11 year in school, but the IMPACT you have is higher and more friendly if you make a version of this wonderful chart - in English.

Even if you have to duplicate this one, the English one will be much more appreciated.

Yes, I know that well, hence the lack of text on my part of explanation and presentation. just images xD certainly the names of the buildings are in literal French translation lool But my lack of practice in this language makes it extremely difficult for me to complete my tutorials. (thx google Traduction)