• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Why do we need to have those long delays after aborting a Quest

Heinrich IV

Merchant
Since some time I recognized a delay after aborting a quest. The new quest came in but the abort button got a "fade in" of 1 or 2 seconds befor it can get clicked. This is a big disadvantage for players doing only some of the recurring quests. This "Fade in" slows down doing recudding quests and it feels very bad like this.

I am not sure if it is concerned to to the same but a similar fade in can be observed when spending FP to great buildings. Also this slows down the frequency of spending finally resulting in a long session in case I have to spende lots of FP to a GB.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
Thanks for your answer. Actually I went back to flash version as I had several problems with the HTML Version. I tried with different browsers but everywhere the same problem here on beta. However, I will try with the HTML5 Version later again :)

Heinrich IV

Merchant
It is exactly the same on HTML5 or Flash version. For me it looks like an expected delay after aborting a quests. I simply do not understand why this long delay is required. On life servers the delay (fade in) happens on those tasks not getting aborted. With the change the delay is on the new task. Unfortunatelly ususually the next task to abort is exactly the new taks which finally results in a much slower handling of the recurring quests. Is it possible to remove this delay or at least to reduce it.
Are the delays on spending FP to great buildings the same issue or is this different. Is there a reason why this is so much slower on beta than on life servers?

While we are on the subject, what about the facility that was introduced briefly to allow us to remove a recurring quest that was annoying? That didn't last long. In OF, I am asked at least four times if I want to do 24-hour productions 6 times. No, I do not. Especially not when I have to abort it four times in a row to get to the option I'm ready to do. Once is surely enough. It's tedious.

It is three times in a row, Starfish, aaand tedious nonetheless. Clearly, there is no technical reason for any delay at that place. I imagine some crybabies could not count and aborted their desired quest before reading it. Happened to me more than once, still, with that kind of delay now in place aborting a whole recurring quest cycle takes as long as if I misclicked once *every time*! -- So... very likely there is another reason ...probably not for the benefit of the players.
Interestingly enough, we are now able to abort the other two quests without any delay or even all three (because the delay does not last as long as it takes to shoot down the other two quests) although that requires quick eyes and clicking reflexes.

Just remove all delays alright and let the players practice some counting! Placing delays is immature programming -- or exploitive. There are no other reasons.

DeletedUser8859

Why not after completing or aborting a Recurring Quest the game display a screen with all available Recurring Quests each with a button to select it as the next one?

My city in EN4 produces at the 24hr collection time enough coins to do the Fnord RQ 4 or 5 times, and enough supplies to probably do the Spink RQ 2 or 3 times.
* Why do we have to abort 7 other quests to get back to the Fnord one?
* And then after collecting 9 or 10 Shrines, start the 7 aborts to get back to Fnord?
* Then collect a couple of houses plus shrines and a special building or GB to ... again abort 7 times to get back to Fnord...

repeat that 5 times, then start the Spink ones with 14 or 21 aborts , then to do a couple of Unbirthdays with 7 or 14 aborts...

Why not completing a quest, then select the next one to execute, complete, select the next one... without the whole delay process of multiple aborts to get to the one we want to do?