• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quest sliding v. 1.122

DeletedUser7529

Version 122 go live and lag when cycling through quests is on live servers, so it wasnt only beta laggy servers issue :(
Abort quest, new quest is sliding. When animation stops `abort` button greys out and is disabled for ~2 seconds, then it is active again. It is SO ANNOYING.
Sometimes it is even worse - if you dont move your mouse clicking on button doesnt work - you need to move cursor out of button and back and then click - spamming clicking button doesnt work.

How much mouse producers are paying you for such awkward user interface? :p

DeletedUser8880

I have this on Hounds as well .Especially the pay x amount of coins one .It seems to start to open from the right but then holds before moving across the screen .Also it doesnt appear to got to the bottom of the window totally either on some of the cycles on occasions so need to scroll down to be able to hit the abort button

qaccy

Emperor
While there is now a delay after a quest first appears before it can be aborted or completed (if applicable), it's nowhere near '2 seconds' so let's not exaggerate. At least, it wasn't anywhere near that long for me - can't be more than half a second, tops.

Also, one thing I DO like about the update is that when a quest is aborted, it no longer grays out the buttons on other active quests you have if they happen to shift around because of the quest you aborted. There used to be a delay associated with that which is now removed.

DeletedUser6740

If only we could hide the quests we don't use :/

DeletedUser7107

This lag with the abort button on quest overview has been reported and complained about on many threads, yet it was still exported to the live servers. A heavy quester may cycle through the recurring quests as many as 100 times a day, so even if the lag isn't quite 2 seconds, it is definitely long enough to make the process extremely aggravating

Luke Stark

Marquis
now the sliding thing was corrected on the live servers however the lag with abort button still not....why do You people expect Us, players, to help You out with testing, giving bug reports, when You cannot fix the most annoying things for the players to enjoy the game???

start listening to Us and We will repay You with giving more then a horse **** about the beta server :)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
now the sliding thing was corrected on the live servers however the lag with abort button still not....why do You people expect Us, players, to help You out with testing, giving bug reports, when You cannot fix the most annoying things for the players to enjoy the game???

start listening to Us and We will repay You with giving more then a horse **** about the beta server :)

It has been reported to the developers a while ago and they are looking into this issue, however they need more specific and detailed information in order to address it.

Anyone able to give such feedback on this issue please click here.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

They didnt even fix the kode, they just added more kode to make it move the last bit, it still stops at the same point where it stopped before, and then the new bit of kode makes it move the last bit.

If things work dont fix them!
If things dont work fix them insted of workarounds, if you just add kode over and over again to fix old problems it will be slow forever, and if someone else takes over that part of the kode it will be hard for that person to see the logic in it, and more time is wasted (to save time i guess)..... rewrite the kode plz.

DeletedUser7107

They didnt even fix the kode, they just added more kode to make it move the last bit, it still stops at the same point where it stopped before, and then the new bit of kode makes it move the last bit.

If things work dont fix them!
If things dont work fix them insted of workarounds, if you just add kode over and over again to fix old problems it will be slow forever, and if someone else takes over that part of the kode it will be hard for that person to see the logic in it, and more time is wasted (to save time i guess)..... rewrite the kode plz.
they are ignoring us, that is easier than fixing anything

DeletedUser7107

They don't even bother acknowledging us now on this issue and the issue of slowness when donating fp to gb on desktop

DeletedUser

They don't even bother acknowledging us now on this issue and the issue of slowness when donating fp to gb on desktop

What more can I acknowledge? I have submitted these issues to game design for consideration. However game design changes are not the same as bug fixes, nor do they happen in the same time frame.
If and when I get any updates concerning these things, I will of course let everyone know here.

DeletedUser7107

thank you for this much. My fear is that the slow loading of GB will be exported to the live servers, as was the slow abort button, in which case the game would become unplayable for me, which would be quite disappointing after spending 1000's of dollars

DeletedUser

My fear is that the slow loading of GB will be exported to the live servers

Can you clarify what you mean by slow loading of GB? Do you mean the GB does not open correctly, or are you referring to GB donations?

DeletedUser7942

What more can I acknowledge? I have submitted these issues to game design for consideration. However game design changes are not the same as bug fixes, nor do they happen in the same time frame.
If and when I get any updates concerning these things, I will of course let everyone know here.
Guess it doesn't help dealing with this one issue on three different threads as well. Is this not a bug though? Because for the longest time it wasn't doing this and it was fine, then it got broken, sounds like a bug to me.

DeletedUser7107

Can you clarify what you mean by slow loading of GB? Do you mean the GB does not open correctly, or are you referring to GB donations?
I am referring to the donation of FP to GB. On a desktop pc there is a very long lag each time you click the 10 fp button before it becomes active again, whereas on mobile it is so fast you have to be careful not to over donate. This has been true for quite a long time now

qaccy

Emperor
I am referring to the donation of FP to GB. On a desktop pc there is a very long lag each time you click the 10 fp button before it becomes active again, whereas on mobile it is so fast you have to be careful not to over donate. This has been true for quite a long time now

There is no 'long lag'. If there is, it's on your end and not Inno's. I have no idea what it's like on mobile as I'm only able to play on PC, but donating to GBs does not feel slow at all and is definitely far faster than how it used to be with opening the FP inventory every single time.

DeletedUser8858

It's only "slow" in comparison to mobile. For browser, latency and/or packet loss does have an effect since browser requires to check in with server each click and in some weird cases if you click too soon before the button lights there is a slight lag before it lights.

Mobile is not required to check in with the server if you tap the buttons fast enough, it just counts up in the client until you stop or pause too long between taps, then it sends it all at once (hence the issues that have come up because of this).

DeletedUser7107

There is no 'long lag'. If there is, it's on your end and not Inno's. I have no idea what it's like on mobile as I'm only able to play on PC, but donating to GBs does not feel slow at all and is definitely far faster than how it used to be with opening the FP inventory every single time.

Absolutely untrue. I play on 9 live servers and this is not an issue there, only here on beta. Same PC, same browser. It is not me, it is inno

DeletedUser7107

It's only "slow" in comparison to mobile. For browser, latency and/or packet loss does have an effect since browser requires to check in with server each click and in some weird cases if you click too soon before the button lights there is a slight lag before it lights.

Mobile is not required to check in with the server if you tap the buttons fast enough, it just counts up in the client until you stop or pause too long between taps, then it sends it all at once (hence the issues that have come up because of this).

Not true. I play on 9 live servers and this is not an issue there, only here on beta. Same PC, same browser. It is not me, it is inno