• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion What do you think about trade being for everyone on the server instead of just guild, friends and neighbors?

What do you think about trade being open to all players in the world that plays instead of just friends, guild and neighbors. After all it limits the trade a lot and some new people in game they need to exchange goods and they can't because neighbors don't have goods, most guilds are very advanced and friends are limited and most are also advanced, since there's no way search who are the players who are in the same era as yours, there is no such window.

Emberguard

Emperor
I would love it providing they also take the time to either overhaul or tweak the market display. Better access to trades sounds pretty good, but we don't want information overload either from having to scroll past every user that posted 200 pages worth of identical trades

One thing I would love to see is the market popup taking up the whole screen.

Another thing would be for identical trades to stack. I don't care if it stacks everything regardless of which player owns the goods (and then take trades in order of who put their trade up first), or if stacking is restricted on a per player basis. Just stack it in a way that reduces the amount of duplicated trades displayed if we're doing whole-world markets

It would also be good to have better filters (ie, an option to put per-age, not just per-good). Also make the dropdown list length based on monitor length. Sure if you have a tiny monitor then it works to keep the dropdown at the current size. But if I have lots of room? It would be good to be able to use the full height of my monitor

-Alin-

Emperor
Maybe not the entire world at a time, if it's too much of an effort for them to implement it, but at least spread it into groups, like 4 groups of 25% of the active players, being randomized from time to time. They have something like that did on Rise of Cultures, their other game, and yes, again mentioning that one game of theirs :))

Ironrooster

Baronet
Yes. Larger trading groups needed. With the whole server you can either put in what you want or what you have to trade or both.

The event buildings have really cut back on the trading that goes on, especially in the later eras/ages.

If not the whole world then at least larger groups across all ages/eras.

CrashBoom

Legend
I think Titan goods seller would need that to sell their goods :cool:
index.php

That would make life so much easier.

nice2haveu

Baronet
As per the discussion topic, we can try modify neighbours algorithm, with one setting change.

Setting
Neighbours with previous, current & next age only - Activate/Deactivate

Whenever activated,
Neighbours list gets shifted with new list. Once deactivated, current random order can be displayed.

In this way, requesting goods or help or same age friends can be obtained easily. (There are few other things to address well, but not to worry much)

Ironrooster

Baronet
As per the discussion topic, we can try modify neighbours algorithm, with one setting change.

Setting
Neighbours with previous, current & next age only - Activate/Deactivate

Whenever activated,
Neighbours list gets shifted with new list. Once deactivated, current random order can be displayed.

In this way, requesting goods or help or same age friends can be obtained easily. (There are few other things to address well, but not to worry much)
Wouldn't this affect attacking and plundering? I though the whole idea of neighborhoods being the same age was to put everyone on an equal footing for attacking and defending.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Wouldn't this affect attacking and plundering? I though the whole idea of neighborhoods being the same age was to put everyone on an equal footing for attacking and defending.
It was. But it had the undesirable reaction that trading got worse.

The old hood system often had people many many ages apart. Who would consequently have different trade needs, and it made for a more vibrant trade market. The change to mono-age hoods had a marked immediate difference in ease of finding varied trades - instead you have everyone trying to trade current goods for previous.

Of course, that's not the only reason trade died - many people don't need to trade at all anymore thanks to event buildings ;)

But as was mentioned by ember earlier, putting *all* the players into one trade market comes with other challenges. From the player end presentation, and possibly from the technical end as well.

The current system is not well designed to handle *thousands* of trade offers - you need some way to merge "similar" trades into a single line. It's difficult however for me to envision what such a trading interface would look like without fundamentally changing the nature of how trade works in the game when there's literally thousands of pages of individual offers up. Somehow you have to merge "similar" (not just identical - but also ones that are "pretty close to the same thing") trades into a more concise display - where if a category interests you you drill down into "ok show me specifically the list of 100 offers at 1.9-2.0 ratio of good A for good B so I can pick the quantity I want or the seller I want or whatever else determines which one is to be taken".

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Above all, the market should have been restrained.
2 ages maximum difference to be able to make an offer.
For example HMA against Iron or Colonial but not against bronze or industrial.
the game would have been much more logical.

Currently we cannot give 4 units of "bronze" against 1 of "iron" but we can give 1 "bronze" against 2 "titan".

It's totally stupid.

How stupid to build all GBs without age restrictions.
The change to "titan" is a step in the right direction but comes too late and remains too limited.
The restraint of the market would be a limit to these stupidities of the game.

In my hood there are a few hoodlums with 60 PAGES of crap trades. The only save is that I can search the exact good I need and if it's free/acceptable. I'm not sure how many trades would come up if I'm searching offering say cryptocurrency, but I'd also appreciate if I could get that trade from someone outside of my hood.

I would love it providing they also take the time to either overhaul or tweak the market display. Better access to trades sounds pretty good, but we don't want information overload either from having to scroll past every user that posted 200 pages worth of identical trades

One thing I would love to see is the market popup taking up the whole screen.

Another thing would be for identical trades to stack. I don't care if it stacks everything regardless of which player owns the goods (and then take trades in order of who put their trade up first), or if stacking is restricted on a per player basis. Just stack it in a way that reduces the amount of duplicated trades displayed if we're doing whole-world markets

It would also be good to have better filters (ie, an option to put per-age, not just per-good). Also make the dropdown list length based on monitor length. Sure if you have a tiny monitor then it works to keep the dropdown at the current size. But if I have lots of room? It would be good to be able to use the full height of my monitor

I loved your idea of how rearranging and balancing could implement this.
Only if additional filters are added to the market (see: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/market-more-filtering-options.16015/).
Otherwise there would be too much trades to dig through.
Absolutely sure would have filters. Especially if they put a filter of people from the same era as you. It would already be a breakthrough in modals
Yes, please!!

Trading for CA goods in TE is a nightmare. Currently offering 100 CE for 50 CA and still nobody accepts them.

Agree...
Yes. Larger trading groups needed. With the whole server you can either put in what you want or what you have to trade or both.

The event buildings have really cut back on the trading that goes on, especially in the later eras/ages.

If not the whole world then at least larger groups across all ages/eras.
Or it could be players from the previous era, same era and later era in the market.
I think Titan goods seller would need that to sell their goods :cool:
index.php

This image would be everything if you put pfs logo as exchange... There would be more use than just search and gbs for this