• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler What comes after Asteroid Belt?

DeletedUser5097

Venus is at least somewhat comparable to Earth: On Earth, most Water is found below sea level, most water vapour below sl+10km, if you fly above 10km, you're always above cloud cover with the occasional exception of rare ice clouds, the air is very thin and extremely dry but as water vapour is part of Earth's regular atmosphere, it is never completely absent.
Same with Venus, only has the White Lady virtually no free water anywhere, it is bound with sulfur dioxide to sulfuric acid which makes up the white clouds, basically sulfuric acid is the water of Venus while carbon dioxide is the Venusian air. The equivalent of always being over cloud cover on Venus is 80km, at 50km you live in clear air between the clouds, a few kilometers down begins a constant haze... plus clouds. Picture Cloud City from Star Wars, yes, the plans to do this to Venus are quite old... ^^

Regarding the images I can only speculate that Ceres/ Asteroid Belt uses grounded space stations to mine minerals that go through a smelting process or are "mined" aided by natural vulcanism in case of large planetoids/ moons which both are prone to outgassing yellow(ish) sulfur fumes.
Or perhaps perhaps the coloring is based on the misconception, sulfuric acid would be yellow bacause of the old NASA photographs of Venus still in circulation where additional wavelengths, mostly UV, was added in false color to bring forth the cloud structure. In visible light Venus is a white fog ball, Wikipedia sports a good shot.

The guys at NASA seem to be a bunch of pretentious pricks who like to shape our perception of planets, moons, objects and stories in general after their liking:
To this day, many believe, the sky on Mars is red when it's not, it is a faint blue. NASA has been adding red filters to their images from Mars for decades, only recently this practice subsided. The sky on Mars is only red during sandstorms. Duh. And since Mars is one giant desert planet, alll storms on Mars are sandstorms. ^^
Or take our moon, most people still believe it is gray. But every single gray moon image has either been made from grayscale photo paper or purposefully discolored. The Earth moon has a faint yellow-brownish sand color, But to see that you'll have to manually search the internet for true color moon images, To this day there seems to be a moratorium in most legacy media on those. No wonder, conspiracy (theories) around these topics are blooming... ^^
That sounds really interesting. I never knew all of this before and changed my view on the solar system slightly.
I also think that Ceres basis are ground based mining operations but also the large asteroids that we have to conquer in the upcoming age. Probably units where hastily converted mining machines. Unlike Mars’ units who where military from the start. I’m curious what the units of Venus will be like

well one difference between mars, earth, ceres and venus is that the atmospheric pressure on venus is gigantic (90+ times higher than on earth), and temperature is well over 400 degrees celsius too. quite a challenge to do something with that, so if we're going to terraform venus like we did with mars, i expect technlogies regarding reducing these two factors :p

btw, maybe it's a good idea to rename the thread to "Space Age: Venus" by now? :)

DeletedUser9947

We didn't terraform Mars, we just built a colony there. Terraforming would involve changing the planets atmosphere to one similiar to what we have here on Earth, not to mention water and all those things. And like previously said, the only "acceptable" colony in Venus would be between some of its atmosphere layers, which involves "flying/floating" cities. With that in mind, I believe that the units will also have a flying/floating component.

We didn't terraform Mars, we just built a colony there. Terraforming would involve changing the planets atmosphere to one similiar to what we have here on Earth, not to mention water and all those things. And like previously said, the only "acceptable" colony in Venus would be between some of its atmosphere layers, which involves "flying/floating" cities. With that in mind, I believe that the units will also have a flying/floating component.
Of course we terraformed Mars in FoE during Space Age: Mars, so did you if you are far enough into Mars Age research, take a close look at the technologies with a little green leaf in them, the mouse-over tooltip reads "Mars Terraforming" and after unlocking the tech, the graphics even change gradually from red desert to something like Mars savannah. This is not difficult at all in comparison what we'd have to achieve on other planets because Mars' soil and atmosphere are ready for Earth's plants' consumption. It's just too thin, so at the start you'd have to compress the Martian air for use in the greenhouses. When Mars is colonized densely enough at this level and energy production is up, you start to break gases out of minerals and slowly over decades and hundreds of years increase the pressure from ~10km Earth level down, and as soon as lichen an then even grass can grow, oxygen is produced planetary-wide from the carbon dioxide air without much effort. When the temperature is up, frozen water from beneath the surface (we know it's there today) will flow. Somewhere within this stage, probably a quarter in, we are at the end of the Mars Age tech tree in FoE. At this point, Domes are still needed for large human populations but you'll be able to go outside without a pressurized and cllimatized suit, a simple breathing apparatus is enough.
At least this is the public theory today.

The argument, any habitat on Venus would only be realistic at the top of her troposphere is from 50 years ago (real world) and only still seemingly up to date because the spacefaring technology that is used in public is basically the same.
In FoE, having arrived in Mars Age, Anti-Grav tech has been used for decades. With that and the advances in material science we got since 'Tomorrow', Venus bases at ground level and even full terraforming should be possible. Of course, this will take much more time because we are not, like on Mars, half an atmosphere short -- but we have more than 90 too many. Also, we'll then have large oceans of rained-down sulfuric acid insted of water and thus real, ernest sour rain. Even with FoE Mars Age tech, Venus will probably take tens of thousands of years to fully terraform, but then again, after 10k years, the technology probably has advanced so far as to finish it in another 100. ^^

Some guy on Reddit just created a 400 megapixel image of the moon.
There you go ^^. As most people will be able to see on this picture, I oversimplified, there are even more colors on our moon. Isn't it remarkable? As soon as you've seen this, the puposeful eradication of colors on the many grayscale pictures becomes obvious. And when you then see grayscale moon pictures with astronauts on them with gold visors and a colorful star-spangled banner it dawns on you that it is not a picture at all, but an image that has been heavily edited/ worked upon, a notion PR guys would like to avoid at all costs.

So someone created and wishes the public to have in mind an image of our moon that is colorless. And if it was only NASA, why would media worldwide play along for decades? ...Not exclusively, not on every level, but enough that the overwhelming majority is left with that image. Or the red-red Mars image. Or every other image, because why wouldn't they and, oh, there's the internet to find out about it.
And then "some guy" on Reddit posts a picture 20k x 20k on 02-02-2020. Curious.

That sounds really interesting. I never knew all of this before and changed my view on the solar system slightly.
I also think that Ceres basis are ground based mining operations but also the large asteroids that we have to conquer in the upcoming age. Probably units where hastily converted mining machines. Unlike Mars’ units who where military from the start. I’m curious what the units of Venus will be like
I can do one better. Order of magnitude better ^^:
Still believe, the sun is a gas ball held together by gravity which produces its energy by hot hydrogen fusion in its core? Even to this day you'll find this view everywhere, be it TV or books in university libraries, when my astronomy professor 20 years ago knew this to be total BS. There are core data that have forever contradicted this notion, yet have been staunchly ignored by the bigwigs, and since the lie is even potentially pierced by 8th grade physics we have to assume, intenionally. I'll not leave you hanging and bring two knock-out examples:

1) Gravity-bound gas ball: The Sun rotates at one full circle at the equator in 25 days. Were it either purely or predominantly bound by gravity, the sun would have a huge bulge at the belly, so to speak, due to centripetal forces, what lets you fly off the merry-go-round gone too fast. But there's no belly at all ...well a 100 thousandth of a belly which is like a sweat coating around your bowling ball, you'll still hit. You won't hit with an Earth ball! ^^
So gravity can't be the dominant force on the sun and its matter -- aaand there aren't many left. everybody and their mom except for Michael Jackson should be able to count them on their nose ;-), it has to be electromagnetism.

2) GAS ball: Every gas emitting light only does so at a characteristical wavelength, like with natrium/ sodium gas lamps and their yellow-only light. If there's a mixture of more than one gas, the lines add up to many lines but remain distinct to a point where we use this fact for determining the composition of exoplanet's atmospheres by measuring starlight that passed through the atmosphere of the planet in question, the lines in the light spectrum being able to tell us if there is nitrogen, oxygen and water.
Now, the sun's spectrum is continuous like that of an old light bulb with wire. Continuous spectra are emitted by solids and fluids. This knowledge isn't exactly new either, spectroscopy is as old as the prism. So we have ever known practically with knowledge from the ancient Greeks, at least the light-emitting parts of the sun cannot be gaseous. Booyah!

There is a fourth state of matter, plasma, and as the scientifically inclined you'll hear a LOT about this in the future. If you don't mind spoilers for the actual, real world future, do a quick internet search for the 'Safire Project' where plasma scientists stumbled upon a method for cheaply simulating a sun in the proverbial garage as a plasma electrode complete with excess energy produced seemingly by fusion without reaching even close to the supposedly needed millions of degrees. Also not only is energy cheaply and cleanly produced but the elements of the electrode are also transmuted to other elements including precious ones.
Gee, cheap, clean energy that every larger village can manage for themselves, access to every chemical element including gold as much as anyone wants, I can't help but wonder if this MAYBE could have been motive enough for some powerful people in the background to hide real solar physics for...EVER...?!

Also, not to burst another rather tiny bubble, but most modern industrial mining equipment of today's public world is military stuff from decades ago. ^^

Dessire

Regent
about terraforming... the future era already have a technology named "terraform", I think that sometimes FoE team doesn't take care about the technological level we have in certain eras.

about terraforming... the future era already have a technology named "terraform", I think that sometimes FoE team doesn't take care about the technological level we have in certain eras.

well, considering some of the buildings (especially residential ones) of oceanic "future" look like third world country contraptions of nowadays, i am inclined to agree :p

Well, anti-grav tech was introduced in Tomorrow and buildings still need a road connection to the city hall in SA:AB by the looks of it. I've been ranting about this since the introduction of the Future Era WITH roads *several* years ago...! ^^

Well, anti-grav tech was introduced in Tomorrow and buildings still need a road connection to the city hall in SA:AB by the looks of it. I've been ranting about this since the introduction of the Future Era WITH roads *several* years ago...! ^^

and why don't we have flying cars yet? hell, back to the future 2 even had em and that was an impression of what 2015 would have been :p

then again, i don't see any actual futuristic shuttles (or at least some spacecraft) flying around in SAM age either. did see some oversized flies around tomorrow age though (prob some sort of messed up drones :p)

DeletedUser5097

There you go ^^. As most people will be able to see on this picture, I oversimplified, there are even more colors on our moon. Isn't it remarkable? As soon as you've seen this, the puposeful eradication of colors on the many grayscale pictures becomes obvious. And when you then see grayscale moon pictures with astronauts on them with gold visors and a colorful star-spangled banner it dawns on you that it is not a picture at all, but an image that has been heavily edited/ worked upon, a notion PR guys would like to avoid at all costs.

So someone created and wishes the public to have in mind an image of our moon that is colorless. And if it was only NASA, why would media worldwide play along for decades? ...Not exclusively, not on every level, but enough that the overwhelming majority is left with that image. Or the red-red Mars image. Or every other image, because why wouldn't they and, oh, there's the internet to find out about it.
And then "some guy" on Reddit posts a picture 20k x 20k on 02-02-2020. Curious.

I can do one better. Order of magnitude better ^^:
Still believe, the sun is a gas ball held together by gravity which produces its energy by hot hydrogen fusion in its core? Even to this day you'll find this view everywhere, be it TV or books in university libraries, when my astronomy professor 20 years ago knew this to be total BS. There are core data that have forever contradicted this notion, yet have been staunchly ignored by the bigwigs, and since the lie is even potentially pierced by 8th grade physics we have to assume, intenionally. I'll not leave you hanging and bring two knock-out examples:

1) Gravity-bound gas ball: The Sun rotates at one full circle at the equator in 25 days. Were it either purely or predominantly bound by gravity, the sun would have a huge bulge at the belly, so to speak, due to centripetal forces, what lets you fly off the merry-go-round gone too fast. But there's no belly at all ...well a 100 thousandth of a belly which is like a sweat coating around your bowling ball, you'll still hit. You won't hit with an Earth ball! ^^
So gravity can't be the dominant force on the sun and its matter -- aaand there aren't many left. everybody and their mom except for Michael Jackson should be able to count them on their nose ;-), it has to be electromagnetism.

2) GAS ball: Every gas emitting light only does so at a characteristical wavelength, like with natrium/ sodium gas lamps and their yellow-only light. If there's a mixture of more than one gas, the lines add up to many lines but remain distinct to a point where we use this fact for determining the composition of exoplanet's atmospheres by measuring starlight that passed through the atmosphere of the planet in question, the lines in the light spectrum being able to tell us if there is nitrogen, oxygen and water.
Now, the sun's spectrum is continuous like that of an old light bulb with wire. Continuous spectra are emitted by solids and fluids. This knowledge isn't exactly new either, spectroscopy is as old as the prism. So we have ever known practically with knowledge from the ancient Greeks, at least the light-emitting parts of the sun cannot be gaseous. Booyah!

There is a fourth state of matter, plasma, and as the scientifically inclined you'll hear a LOT about this in the future. If you don't mind spoilers for the actual, real world future, do a quick internet search for the 'Safire Project' where plasma scientists stumbled upon a method for cheaply simulating a sun in the proverbial garage as a plasma electrode complete with excess energy produced seemingly by fusion without reaching even close to the supposedly needed millions of degrees. Also not only is energy cheaply and cleanly produced but the elements of the electrode are also transmuted to other elements including precious ones.
Gee, cheap, clean energy that every larger village can manage for themselves, access to every chemical element including gold as much as anyone wants, I can't help but wonder if this MAYBE could have been motive enough for some powerful people in the background to hide real solar physics for...EVER...?!

Also, not to burst another rather tiny bubble, but most modern industrial mining equipment of today's public world is military stuff from decades ago. ^^
This is amazing stuff. If the dev. team keeps the Safire project in mind for the final of FoE in perhaps the space age Sun or the Solar space age it would make up a very interesting final. Perhaps the map is located on a Dyson sphere and the ultimate goal is completing the Safire project for the end game

This is amazing stuff. If the dev. team keeps the Safire project in mind for the final of FoE in perhaps the space age Sun or the Solar space age it would make up a very interesting final. Perhaps the map is located on a Dyson sphere and the ultimate goal is completing the Safire project for the end game

i think we get mercury first if we start moving towards the sun.... and don't count out the outer planets and moons (jupiter's and saturn's moons in particular), plenty to discover/colonize there :p

and i doubt a dyson sphere thing is the endgame. perhaps we'll get interstellar age: alpha centauri afterwards? ;)

DeletedUser10265

Or take our moon, most people still believe it is gray. But every single gray moon image has either been made from grayscale photo paper or purposefully discolored. The Earth moon has a faint yellow-brownish sand color, But to see that you'll have to manually search the internet for true color moon images, To this day there seems to be a moratorium in most legacy media on those. No wonder, conspiracy (theories) around these topics are blooming... ^^

When I look at the moon at night, it looks white/silver/gray or whatever you call it, but not yellow-brownish. Does it mean that the NASA has installed a huge spheric filter around the Earth to change the Moon's colour? Or do they implant such filters in eyes of every single newborn human all over the world?

When I look at the moon at night, it looks white/silver/gray or whatever you call it, but not yellow-brownish. Does it mean that the NASA has installed a huge spheric filter around the Earth to change the Moon's colour? Or do they implant such filters in eyes of every single newborn human all over the world?

nah NASA did nothing. it was the little green men that altered our DNA to see the moon in the wrong color :p

DeletedUser5097

i think we get mercury first if we start moving towards the sun.... and don't count out the outer planets and moons (jupiter's and saturn's moons in particular), plenty to discover/colonize there :p

and i doubt a dyson sphere thing is the endgame. perhaps we'll get interstellar age: alpha centauri afterwards? ;)
Haha yeah I meant Dyson swarm but I agreed probably gonna visit all other places on the solar system and maybe building with the Dyson swarm an solar engine but I think ending with the sun is a nice thing unlocking some type of end/infinite game

DeletedUser9982

They could go for a Conquer-back thing on earth
We have been to busy exploring the solar system and Galaxies.. that when we come back to earth, it would have been claimed by Nature..
I can imagine us fighting the Giant Trees from Lord Of The Rings :)

and why don't we have flying cars yet? hell, back to the future 2 even had em and that was an impression of what 2015 would have been :p

then again, i don't see any actual futuristic shuttles (or at least some spacecraft) flying around in SAM age either. did see some oversized flies around tomorrow age though (prob some sort of messed up drones :p)
I'm not surprised that the roads won't go away, these games are conceptualized at a base level far longer in advance than most gamers, watching the gradual roll-out process, think. For a long time, the Future Era was to be the last Era of FoE, hence the generalized name -- and on ad banners it reads to this day something like '10 000 BC to 2063 AD...". After that came the improvisation, newer goods remained unused, events galore to keep players happy somehow... I guess, no one thought of dealing with this minor plot hole since roads never were intended to be obsolete at some point.

Why don't we all have flying cars in real life?! This has been MY bloody question for most of my life! I wanted to have one ever since I first saw them in some sci-fi thing during my childhood, I don't remember exactly, 80s. In the 90s I read in a futurist magazine that some small companies were working on them since the late 70s and the technology for them had been in existence at least 10 years before that, not only that but they would use less gas than even most gas conserving road-bound cars while travelling at ~600km/h or nearly 400mph. All right, bring 'em on!
Nothing.
Drones arrived. For public use. The bore cameras but didn't get bigger, seemingly. A few years back, I stumbled onto a company selling big drones for use in industrialised agriculture with load-bearing capacities north of a thousand pounds.
A year back, the first drone taxi for commercial use. WHERE ARE THE EFFING FLYING CARS, I WANT TO BUY ONE! ...'No!', says the company, and others with drone cars under development follow, 'we don't aim to sell them, those will only come as taxis.', or sth to that effect.

Yeah, see, in the years between, I also learned some things about how politics work, and I mean the non-advertised parts, the parts we don't see on TV, and if all goes well don't even learn about ...maybe ever.
Power in the world is distributed a certain way and those who have it don't like to lose it. Change happens but slowly and is always accompanied by fighting in the dark ...and the resistance is strong. Power rests on control -- and cars reliant on roads and expensive fuel gives control over where and how far people can go. Imagine a company with a remote RnD center, suddenly 50 people in sky cars emerge and film stuff. Remote? Does'n exist anymore, nature's wildlife reserves, all within reach for the littering hordes. A military parade, the president attends, some hate him enough to go for a little kamikaze flashmob. Fences and walls are virtually useless now. See, not all reasons for not having flying cars are even bad. But I STILL want my flying car, of course. ^^

Induvidually operated flying cars will not come soon, and if at all, they will have to be wrung out of the powers that be, they will not give them to us -- unless perhaps they can have giant force shields first.
- Flying cars have been advertised during the 50s to be avialable for all Americans within 5-10 years, and the technology has been described as fully developed.
- Within the past 100 years, there have been developed at least five ways, some say dozens, to refit a normal gas fuelled car to run on tap water, Patents were bought but never developed, workshops burned down, inventors got suicided.
- Nikola Tesla is even said to have invented, and there is evidence for it, a car running on Earth's electrical field, no fuel required, just an antenna array the size of about two gas car batteries. He reportedly pitched his idea to General Motors even adding that with further modifications, his technologiy could be used to negate gravity and literally let entire cities fly. GM was extatic -- until the asked where to put the meter and learned that Earth's field would be, naturally, free for all! Patents were bought, the rest is, sadly, NOT history. Then came Elon Musk and used Nikola's good name for that PATHETIC excuse for an electrical car using THAT name!

The reason why we don't have the most potent technologies to let us live the free life we want, for example of a simple farmer with unlimited free energy, or being an interplanetary logistics expert like Han Solo ;-), is that these seemingly simple things actually are A LOT of power, and power on this day's Earth is jealously guarded by not so many who have it. And few of those who have not, realise how little they have and where they had to look and what the had to do to reclaim what they've given away in ignorance over generations, largely for the promise of safety ...that never came.
But together, someday, maybe soon, will we be able to wrest the power back to the people, inch by inch. I believe this. I have to. Because I want my friggin' FLYING CAR! ...But I might settle for a Millenium Falcon.

You probably didn't check on the details, again, the Safire Project consists of a small group of independent researchers and engineers, they're not a large project like the billion-dollar heavy ITER (latin for 'the way', pompous pricks!) which aims to achieve fusion by forcing it within unnatural magnetic fields.
If the Safire Project comes to full fruition, there will not be one giant artificial suns, but uncountable suns around the earth, possibly replacing every light bulb, dimmable between 1 Watt and 100k where you can even get a tan and vitamin D because, well, it's real sunlight ^^ while PRODUCING a lot of power and transmuting the cheap electrode inside slowly into rare earth and precious metals instead of ripping those from the Earth with many poisons and sqandering them in LED joke lights.

Of course, those sunlight bulbs may also power your car, home and your second home in the snowy mountains with 24/7/365d giant heated outside swimming pool because why would you turn it off if you're getting energy out oit while it's on... ^^
Pray with me, those guys don't get whacked!

When you look at our yellow sun, do you see it yellow or do you squint your eyes and quickly look another way due to painful sensory overload? When you find your way to the bathroom in the dark at night, why's everything seemingly grey? -- It is a matter of perception. The high contrast of the dark night sky and the bright, sunlit Moon blinds you to its weak colors. Take a look at the image linked a few postings back, cameras are able to pick them up, even consumer grade ones aided by a small telescope.

DeletedUser10265

When you look at our yellow sun, do you see it yellow or do you squint your eyes and quickly look another way due to painful sensory overload?
Um... Dude, our Sun is WHITE.
And if you don't understand what smart guys say, take a WHITE piece of paper, expose it to the sunlight... is it white or yellow?

When you find your way to the bathroom in the dark at night, why's everything seemingly grey? -- It is a matter of perception.
No, it's a matter of how our eyes at low light intensity work - it;s called scotopic vision.

The high contrast of the dark night sky and the bright, sunlit Moon blinds you to its weak colors.
Um, no, the moonlight doesn't blind me. And the rising or setting Moon is yellow due to scattering of the moonlight in the atmosphere. Same reason why the rising or setting sun is orange or even red. The setting/rising sun can still be blinding though.

Furthermore, if you were right, the Earth seen from the Moon (or a bit farther away) should also be white. It's not.

Take a look at the image linked a few postings back, cameras are able to pick them up, even consumer grade ones aided by a small telescope.
The combined photo just shows that the Moon's surface is not homogeneous - some parts may have different colour, but overall white is dominant. Just like the Earth seen from even bigger distance "looks blue", because it's covered in 2/3 with water, but if you get closer, you will see that it has white poles, and yerllow/brown/green lands. Besides, the guy has created a mosaic, different parts were shot with different cameras, maybe he used some filters... Maybe he has processed the photos. Don't take it as a proof if you don't know how it was made.
Most photos of the Sun are also made with filters or are re-coloured afterwards.