• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler What comes after Asteroid Belt?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Space Age Venus
research_age_space_age_venus.jpg

Last edited:

Wilson5

Merchant
Maybe new AI chess. Buy AI with Euros and win Big Blue with one button. Winner is the Hero who used more Euros than others ;)

Dessire

Regent
I still thinking that the possibility of choose between 2 o 3 types of "alien civilization" in each new era could be a good idea to make each city more diferent.

Imagine that you can choose between 3 civilizations. depending on the one that you choose, you'll be able to construct buildings of that civilization. you can't choose another one. you can only choose one civilization. each civilization have unic benefits, pros and cons.

one civilizacion could be dedicated to gold, supplies, goods, and FPs productions (the GB of that civilization), another civilization could be dedicated to war, attack and defense of each type of military units (for attack and defense) and to unit productions (a GB like alcatraz) while the 3rd one could be a hybrid. a civilization which knows that everything is better when there is a balance between both, economy and war. this 3rd civilization will not produce as much goods, FPs (the GB) gold, suplies, military units, etc as the other civilizacion but will give you a decent amount of both.

now, changing of topic.

I still wondering if the technological level of ceres/venus age is high enough to give us, after venus age, a cyberpunk age or an age where all buildings in the earth are all floating above clouds, in the sky, where the buildings are designed to have clouds around or under them, where the streets 1x1 and 2x2 are diferent type of clear syke to simulate that the city is floating in the sky or something similar.

DeletedUser9947

I still thinking that the possibility of choose between 2 o 3 types of "alien civilization" in each new era could be a good idea to make each city more diferent.

Imagine that you can choose between 3 civilizations. depending on the one that you choose, you'll be able to construct buildings of that civilization. you can't choose another one. you can only choose one civilization. each civilization have unic benefits, pros and cons.

one civilizacion could be dedicated to gold, supplies, goods, and FPs productions (the GB of that civilization), another civilization could be dedicated to war, attack and defense of each type of military units (for attack and defense) and to unit productions (a GB like alcatraz) while the 3rd one could be a hybrid. a civilization which knows that everything is better when there is a balance between both, economy and war. this 3rd civilization will not produce as much goods, FPs (the GB) gold, suplies, military units, etc as the other civilizacion but will give you a decent amount of both.

now, changing of topic.

I still wondering if the technological level of ceres/venus age is high enough to give us, after venus age, a cyberpunk age or an age where all buildings in the earth are all floating above clouds, in the sky, where the buildings are designed to have clouds around or under them, where the streets 1x1 and 2x2 are diferent type of clear syke to simulate that the city is floating in the sky or something similar.

Doubt it will happen in the main city because you'll also have event buildings (which are not age specific) so they would've to create new designs for event buildings regarding new ages. But maybe it'll happen in Venus colony

Dessire

Regent
Yeah, my guess is gas giant mining. So SA: Jupiter or SA: Saturn
It is impossible mine jupiter.. the pressure in jupiter is so extreme and its surface is so deep from where it's atmosphere begins... any ship and you (even if you have a sci-fi starship), would be crushed before reach the 50% of the distance to reach it's surace. so, any era where you can mine jupiter would be in all therms very unrealistic.

It is impossible mine jupiter.. the pressure in jupiter is so extreme and its surface is so deep from where it's atmosphere begins... any ship and you (even if you have a sci-fi starship), would be crushed before reach the 50% of the distance to reach it's surace. so, any era where you can mine jupiter would be in all therms very unrealistic.

well jupiter does have some interesting moons to check out as well :p

Piotr015

Squire
Might be same as with Space age Ceres that got renamed to Space age Asteroid belt
It wasn't even renamed, the whole idea was changed - see files:
Old new era image:
foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/techtree/era_backgrounds/techtree_age_space_age_ceres.jpg
Was recently changed to this image:
foezz.innogamescdn.com/assets/techtree/era_backgrounds/techtree_age_space_age_asteroid_belt.jpg

The background picture with floating cities inside yellow clouds is a little misleading in my view, maybe something repurposed out of the Ceres concept, because the colonization plans for Venus using floating stations/ cities propose the Venus atmosphere at 50-55km (30-33mi) above the surface and above the white(!) sulfuric acid clouds where temperature and atmospheric pressure are around Earth's surface levels.

Akito, but we already know dolphins and mice. ;-)

Dessire, of course it is not impossible to mine Jupiter's core, only today within the mind's horizon of most people it is. But it would be extremely stupid to dive through an unimaginably deep, crushing ocean of pressurized gas when the asteroid belt has a sh*t load of planet fragments a.k.a. asteroids hanging around for the plucking... ;-)

DeletedUser5097

now, changing of topic.

Do you mean cultural settlement for Elvenar or a new type of cultural settlement where we can choose between 3 competing cultures?:p
The background picture with floating cities inside yellow clouds is a little misleading in my view, maybe something repurposed out of the Ceres concept, because the colonization plans for Venus using floating stations/ cities propose the Venus atmosphere at 50-55km (30-33mi) above the surface and above the white(!) sulfuric acid clouds where temperature and atmospheric pressure are around Earth's surface levels.
Interesting information so beneath the cities are deadly white clouds but what colour does the clouds have surrounding the floating cities? I’m just curious because I like the concept and think it is one of the more interesting type of colonies besides Ceres

[...] Interesting information so beneath the cities are deadly white clouds but what colour does the clouds have surrounding the floating cities? I’m just curious because I like the concept and think it is one of the more interesting type of colonies besides Ceres
Venus is at least somewhat comparable to Earth: On Earth, most Water is found below sea level, most water vapour below sl+10km, if you fly above 10km, you're always above cloud cover with the occasional exception of rare ice clouds, the air is very thin and extremely dry but as water vapour is part of Earth's regular atmosphere, it is never completely absent.
Same with Venus, only has the White Lady virtually no free water anywhere, it is bound with sulfur dioxide to sulfuric acid which makes up the white clouds, basically sulfuric acid is the water of Venus while carbon dioxide is the Venusian air. The equivalent of always being over cloud cover on Venus is 80km, at 50km you live in clear air between the clouds, a few kilometers down begins a constant haze... plus clouds. Picture Cloud City from Star Wars, yes, the plans to do this to Venus are quite old... ^^

Regarding the images I can only speculate that Ceres/ Asteroid Belt uses grounded space stations to mine minerals that go through a smelting process or are "mined" aided by natural vulcanism in case of large planetoids/ moons which both are prone to outgassing yellow(ish) sulfur fumes.
Or perhaps perhaps the coloring is based on the misconception, sulfuric acid would be yellow bacause of the old NASA photographs of Venus still in circulation where additional wavelengths, mostly UV, was added in false color to bring forth the cloud structure. In visible light Venus is a white fog ball, Wikipedia sports a good shot.

The guys at NASA seem to be a bunch of pretentious pricks who like to shape our perception of planets, moons, objects and stories in general after their liking:
To this day, many believe, the sky on Mars is red when it's not, it is a faint blue. NASA has been adding red filters to their images from Mars for decades, only recently this practice subsided. The sky on Mars is only red during sandstorms. Duh. And since Mars is one giant desert planet, alll storms on Mars are sandstorms. ^^
Or take our moon, most people still believe it is gray. But every single gray moon image has either been made from grayscale photo paper or purposefully discolored. The Earth moon has a faint yellow-brownish sand color, But to see that you'll have to manually search the internet for true color moon images, To this day there seems to be a moratorium in most legacy media on those. No wonder, conspiracy (theories) around these topics are blooming... ^^

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Or take our moon, most people still believe it is gray. But every single gray moon image has either been made from grayscale photo paper or purposefully discolored. The Earth moon has a faint yellow-brownish sand color, But to see that you'll have to manually search the internet for true color moon images, To this day there seems to be a moratorium in most legacy media on those. No wonder, conspiracy (theories) around these topics are blooming... ^^
Some guy on Reddit just created a 400 megapixel image of the moon.