• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Urgent Proposal: Please Make It Impossible to "Aid" Towns with No Buildings to Mo-Po!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1264

Urgent Proposal: Please Make It Impossible to "Aid" Towns with Nothing to Mo-Po!

The issue reported in this thread has mystifyingly been classified as "not a bug". If that's indeed intended behaviour, please modify the programming of the "aid" gizmo to make it impossible to aid a town where there's nothing left to motivate/polish.

We don't want to be paid 20 coins simply for clicking a button without providing any help at all to the player on the receiving end. Clicking that button makes it impossible for us to help that player for 24 hours, during which period they may need our help; and when our "aid" attempt fails that player isn't notified of our efforts and won't reciprocate. The result is that everyone loses, through no fault of our own. Please make the "aid" option unavailable when there is nothing in the target town to motivate/polish.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser3897

@mink: keep up the good work - and hang in there - because you/we have an essential issue here.

As long as this issue here and Po of deco's - ain't rectified - my guild has decided to "demand" manuel Po/Mo of our Members - BUT,since we're all lazy human beings, we're well aware that this "demand" is hopeless.
And I hope INNO also realize this fact - Humans are lazy (not same as evil or "don't care")

DeletedUser4254

Not sure if this is already mentioned ...but I feel there's a better solution to this issue ... Maybe the first time when Aid is clicked it checks the city and if no buildings are available to Pol/ Mot then it will grey out the Aid button instead of the timer it shows now - takes back the 20 coins given similar to what it does when we Aid an attacked neighbor now at present .. Those friends / guildies whom its greyed out maybe we will have to check only by manually visiting them just like it used to happen in the olden days ... Maybe this solution is more viable and faster to implement ....

DeletedUser2752

I believe that's what mink/Amy Steele just suggested here, and is the one I support the most so far:
When I click "aid" can't the gizmo check and either mo-po something or give me a "fail, come back later" message as suggested above?

DeletedUser4381

@mink: keep up the good work - and hang in there - because you/we have an essential issue here.

As long as this issue here and Po of deco's - ain't rectified - my guild has decided to "demand" manuel Po/Mo of our Members - BUT,since we're all lazy human beings, we're well aware that this "demand" is hopeless.
And I hope INNO also realize this fact - Humans are lazy (not same as evil or "don't care")

For me it's nothing to do with lazy, and everything to do with time... I simply don't have enough of it to spend 40-80 minutes a day on a polivate round, more if it's across multiple worlds.

But the response to the deco issue highlights a core issue for me, in that mediocrity is viewed by Inno as being acceptable because it's better than nothing. (Personally I take much more pride in my work, but given prior experiences of changes or "upgrades" to the game I've stopped investing much time in it as there's rarely a return on even a massive amount of careful thought and feedback.)

RedRed

Viceroy
well, now the system knows that nothing can be polivated but still waste the action...

5aWR2al.png

DeletedUser5925

So the real bug is still there!
Why you can still payed and loose an aid when you do nothing? This doesn't make any sense. Also these messages are annoying and confusing but this is not the point here.
This message popups immediately, so the check if there's no buildings for Po/Mo doesn't slow down the proccess. I don't understand why is so difficult to at least re-enable the aid button, so to don't loose the aid attempt without to do nothing and have the chance try again at a later time.

DeletedUser1264

Why you can still payed and loose an aid when you do nothing? This doesn't make any sense. Also these messages are annoying and confusing but this is not the point here.
This message popups immediately, so the check if there's no buildings for Po/Mo doesn't slow down the proccess. I don't understand why is so difficult to at least re-enable the aid button, so to don't loose the aid attempt without to do nothing and have the chance try again at a later time.

This, please

DeletedUser3604

+1 to this

vakini

Squire
Im more annoied of where the butten is placed.
-
we have in years used the orange button to attack, and now its changed to aid instead, that is like change the geartransmission in cars from normally placed forward to now back.
A lot of neighbours wil in the forthcoming months bee aided instead of attacked.
-
I dont understand why, the new funktion wasent placed where the new attack-button is placed, and maybe with a backcollar of red.

DeletedUser3485

game developers are getting closer to getting it right so thank you for that.
so now it tells you that nothing was polished or motivated but as others have said, simply reset the Aid button so we can come back in a couple hours and try again to "Aid" the player as the button was intended to.
take away the 24 hour timer on the used Aid button and reset it so it can be used again when there is something to polivate.
what could be more simple for them to do?

DeletedUser5966

I'm going to take a guess as to why the devs said that the Aid-to-Cities-that-need-no-aid is not a bug. What I am seeing in my own worlds and in my own guilds is that alot more players are doing polivating...the number of cities that are 100% polivated (or appear to be) has increased...and mine is amongst them. This might create a problem for those players (mostly the lower age players) who are depending on getting as much coin as possible from polivatings as they would be blocked from Aiding the 100% cities. It might also create a problem with quests that need a high number of polivates for completion. Naturally, there are a number of variables that would affect this. For example, a low age neighborhood that has mostly Bronze or Iron cities would definitely have alot of cities at 100% because they typically have fewer structures, whereas middle age typically have more structures. Also, those players who insist on having 1000 decos would also not often be 100% polivated.

And as for guild leaders that are kicking out players because the leader can't see the non-affect Aids...in my opinion, thats a problem with the guild leader, not the game. It shows very poor leadership. Perhaps being kicked out of such a guild is a good thing...it gives the player an opportunity to join a guild that is led by an adult who knows how to play FoE. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3485

game developers are getting closer to getting it right so thank you for that.
so now it tells you that nothing was polished or motivated but as others have said, simply reset the Aid button so we can come back in a couple hours and try again to "Aid" the player as the button was intended to.
take away the 24 hour timer on the used Aid button and reset it so it can be used again when there is something to polivate.
what could be more simple for them to do?

i wish the game programers would take these suggestions seriously.
now that the Aid button has been released to all the game servers it is causing nothing but headaches.
since a polished building still only lasts 12 hours but the Aid button locks out players that had failed Aid attempts for 24 hours the message board is once again full of players begging for a polish.
it would be better to remove the Aid button until the timer is taken off the Aid button if the polivate attempt failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.