• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Time to leave Forge of Empires.

jovada

Regent
@Praeceptor

I totally understand you, the last two years developping was all about moneymaking and nothing about gameplay; see gbg (no balance) pvp (what's in a name) Mughol (boring, boring and did i mention boring?) guild perks (how did they even think to bring this on beta first in the current state) and i'm sure i forgot a couple of things.
I really don't know if it's arrogance or ignorance that they want listen to players.

Topgeorge

Farmer
If you ask me, the architect of the game left inno 2 years ago, leading to this situation. Having nothing new regarding the gameplay. On the other hand, you can still buy descend event buildings as many as you can afford. Buy 3 governors Villa and you will be happy again.

-Alin-

Emperor
If you ask me, the architect of the game left inno 2 years ago, leading to this situation. Having nothing new regarding the gameplay. On the other hand, you can still buy descend event buildings as many as you can afford. Buy 3 governors Villa and you will be happy again.

The game began downgrading slowly after the death of Anwar Dalati, and it's worse year by year ...

Last edited:

indian20

Steward
One thing we forget, when we complain about the situation. Every player, that has reached a certain level, is no longer of interest. Some of the high level players might purchase diamonds but most of us gain enough by playing GBG or other sources. Interesting players are new players, that wants to progress and purchase diamonds to achieve that.

So Inno does not care if endgame players drop off, I even think it is the other way around, they hope we do. So why bother listening to experienced players and develop interesting stuff for them. New players will have enough interesting stuff.

It's not only endgame players that INNO needs to think about. I've only been playing for 15 months and find the game monotonous. It's the prospect of an interesting new age that keeps me playing. I'm in AF and slogging thru the tech tree looking forward to more of the same in OF. If all INNO can manage is to give us more of the same in SAJM then there's little point in continuing the self-abuse.

qaccy

Emperor
The game began downgrading slowly after the death of Anwar Dalati, and it's worse year by year ...
It really bugs me when people bring up Anwar like this. We have no way of knowing what the game would look like now if he was still a part of its development. Playing devil's advocate, it's entirely possible that he would have sent the game in almost the same direction it ended up going without him. In fact, it's pretty unlikely that development did a complete 180 after his passing because if that's all it took for it to happen, he likely wouldn't have been in charge in the first place.

Nessie

Baronet
It really bugs me when people bring up Anwar like this. We have no way of knowing what the game would look like now if he was still a part of its development. Playing devil's advocate, it's entirely possible that he would have sent the game in almost the same direction it ended up going without him. In fact, it's pretty unlikely that development did a complete 180 after his passing because if that's all it took for it to happen, he likely wouldn't have been in charge in the first pla

There's no reason to underestimate Anwar

Check Game Mechanics and Mathematics for Beginners by Anwar Dalati @"so-called game designer"

I don't think the current game developers of InnoGames have the knowledge and understanding that Anwar had

The €-millions in sales that InnoGames makes today can all be traced back to Anwar and his colleagues at the time

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
It really bugs me when people bring up Anwar like this. We have no way of knowing what the game would look like now if he was still a part of its development. Playing devil's advocate, it's entirely possible that he would have sent the game in almost the same direction it ended up going without him. In fact, it's pretty unlikely that development did a complete 180 after his passing because if that's all it took for it to happen, he likely wouldn't have been in charge in the first place.

... But development did do a complete 180. GvG was abandoned, browser play moved to the background, The game as we see it today pales to what use to come out with new ages and GB's.

-Alin-

Emperor

Yes, I agree, we haven't any way of knowing how game could have been with him being at developement untill today, but EVERYONE can see how the game is now and I am pretty sure not that many are so happy, especially when this game made 10 years and it is what it is ...

qaccy

Emperor
Yes, I agree, we haven't any way of knowing how game could have been with him being at developement untill today, but EVERYONE can see how the game is now and I am pretty sure not that many are so happy, especially when this game made 10 years and it is what it is ...
Yes, and what if the game still got worse with him on the team? These are obviously mutually exclusive scenarios and we can't know what the other option would look like, but given how these things usually go it's likely that the game would have still gone 'downhill' anyway. It's interesting to think about who or what would be blamed in this alternate reality where Anwar is still working on the game instead of his death/departure being used as a reason why some feel the game's gotten worse. In a way, it's almost like it's somehow still his 'fault' when he's brought up this way and IMO it's pretty disrespectful.

jovada

Regent
Yes, and what if the game still got worse with him on the team? These are obviously mutually exclusive scenarios and we can't know what the other option would look like, but given how these things usually go it's likely that the game would have still gone 'downhill' anyway.

Yes true all speculations , but that changes nothing that he is still missed, and a fact is that he knew this game and what's going on in the players mind (you can't say that from the current developers) and he was not afraid to come on the global chat to give some explications when players had questions, now you may be happy if after a couple of weeks you receive an answer saying nothing.

esoterism

Squire
now you may be happy if after a couple of weeks you receive an answer saying nothing.
And when you try to say something about the stupidy of development, no ads in FOE or UKRAINE, you are banned from discussion;
This comment will be suppressed by them in a few minutes...

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
So after all statements done above, that’s, where you jump in? Ridiculous
It is not really my place to comment on feedback or discussions. I commented on the part of the discussion that involves my duties. I'm just a moderator.
Being able to discuss the state of the game on the forums and making sure it is seen is what is important. My personal view does not really matter.

Anyways, feedback is being passed on. It does not need a reply from Juber or someone else to be acknowledged.

Sorry for off-topic :)

vidicecilia

Baronet
FOE was an cityplanning strategy at first with minor elements of entourage (interaction with neighbors, with other players). And yet the main content of the game was to build a city and guide it through the ages. All this has been destroyed or leveled currently. A new age appears once a year and takes place in 2 weeks. Cityplanning in its original form has been completely destroyed. It was replaced by special buildings. The city is not rebuilt with the change of age. It just makes up in five minutes. The project must developed. So, new elements appear in it from time to time. GE.. Settlements... Events... PVP... GBG... But what are we playing now? In city planning? in a remake of Civilization? The battle of the clans? As soon as the developers find the answer to this question, the game will return to normal. Or not if they don't find it.

Many, many years ago, a developer explained in a forum that the game had been created with the goal of reaching Future Era and finish there. We arrived well until that era, everything else are patches.

Years ago I return every day to FOE hoping to find what it once was but every day I drop out disillusioned.

Last edited: