• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion The Decline of InnoGames

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If the game created temporary Guilds for the duration of the season, then they could group players based on a more individual performance basis. Who knows if anyone would actually be willing to work with each other or if they'd be too busy infighting, but it would give more flexibility for putting either equally active players all on the same map or a fairly even mix in each Guild of hyper and semi active players
That could be one of the better possibilities, I think. Although the greater question would be the implementation of the guild treasure. As it seems to me as a hard reset on the guild treasure of those temporary guilds. Besides how will it work with the regular guild? Will guild goods produced by buildings end up in the regular guild or the temporary grouped guild? On what can guilds drain their guild treasure else if implemented besides GE?
I think the concept is great but it'll be challenging to implement and balance in practice.

"If the game created temporary Guilds for the duration of the season, then they could group players based on a more individual performance basis"

this are guilds. Its the head of guild obligation to choose players properly. And the players should know which guild is doing what.
If one guild is focused on GvG and they dont care about GB - there is no place for a GB centered player.

If you dont like the "profile" of guild - just change it?

What temporary guild will help? Top are in top guilds in GB cuz they want to play GB. It would be the same players in the same "temporary guilds"

Undermining alliances playing chess?
but you know if guild A has allaince with guild B - and they play together.
They will still go to "temp" guild A

There would be still "ranking" for GB, so they would play together in 2 different guilds no matter if its "temporary" or normal.
There still would be max 5-6 stron "temporary" guilds which would play with other "weaker temp guild.s

You want those "temp guilds" to be matched totally random? xD

Emberguard

Emperor
but you know if guild A has allaince with guild B - and they play together.
They will still go to "temp" guild A
Not if it's 100% handled by the system

The idea is if you want active players you get them to sign up and then the system assigns which temporary Guild they're in based on activity so you have active Guilds against active Guilds. No swapping allowed

At the moment your problem is anyone active is either all lumped into a single super Guild that has no real competition, or too thinly spread out across too many weaker Guilds. So if the system kept track of who's active it can put together Guilds based on player activity to get a closer competition matchup

The idea is if you want active players you get them to sign up and then the system assigns who they're playing with based on activity so you have active Guilds against active Guilds.
ah so you will be randomly assigned to guild.
Yea so collegues and friends doesnt matter? xd

Emberguard

Emperor
ah so you will be randomly assigned to guild.
Yea so collegues and friends doesnt matter? xd
Exactly!

I don't know if it'd work without testing it out. It's possible people would want to work with friends too much, and hate others too much to work with them. But if we can't increase the pool of players the only other option is to shuffle around what we have

nd hate others too much to work with them.
yea so you are not in this guild xD (when you hate someone you can change guild, if you are still "with" him, he is not so big problem)
i know how it would work.

Group of 70 ppl would like to go to one guild ;) If players like each other across the guilds - chessboard will be still on. Cuz they like each other no matter when they play.

If players hate each other, they are in different guilds, and we fight. So theh would hate to be in guild with certain players...

micbas

Farmer
Exactly!

I don't know if it'd work without testing it out. It's possible people would want to work with friends too much, and hate others too much to work with them. But if we can't increase the pool of players the only other option is to shuffle around what we have
If they would do that, I would quit foe. I chose my guild based on the behavior of the players. We are like a big family who help each other even irl.
I want a social guild and not a selfish, boastful guild that thinks life is all about profit.