• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected The ability to temporarily block an account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkantos

Farmer
Reason
Sometimes players get too absorbed in the game, and it would be convenient to have the option to temporarily block a specific account.
Details
Add a section for temporary account blocking next to the area where you can completely delete your account.
Balance
I don't think this would affect the balance in any way.
Abuse Prevention
I don't think it would be a problem.
Summary
Adding the option to temporarily block an account would help some players better manage their time, without having to completely delete their account.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
No
In the game, there is an option to completely delete your account, but a feature to temporarily block it would be very useful. When you have cities on multiple servers, they can sometimes be too distracting. It would be great if players could block them for a set period of time, for example, 7, 14, or 30 days. This would allow for a break without having to delete them completely.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
that idea has more questions than answers :rolleyes:

what does blocking mean for other ?
can they still attack ? or motivate / polish ?
are productions still getting finished and can be plundered ?
can they still donate to your GB / level them up to get FP back ?

what does it mean for the guild you are in?
do you still count as member and they have to pay for you in GEx (if it starts after you do it) ?
or are you just removed from your guild automatically ?
because as guild leader I wouldn't like to have someone still in it if he is gone for 30 days.
and if the block time is longer than 7 days you don't even have a waiting time to join back the guild

and is it a block like from poker sites which makes it impossible to play in that time and not stopped anymore ?
or can it be stopped when a player wants ?

----
PS:
when I "deactivate" my cities I just remove the pieces of road next to the townhall

PPS:
you can write to the support. they can block you out of the game already :p

What do snipers have to do with this? I'm talking about not being able to log into the city for a certain period of time so that I can take a break from the game.
I was trying to understand why you wanted the account to be mothballed. @CrashBoom was far more comprehensive. If you don't want to log into the city just don't do it. It's called "willpower".

nice2haveu

Baronet
The term 'account' is very much conflicting with multiple world of a player.

In one server domain (en/us/fr/zz...etc), one account for a player and multiple worlds possible there.

Now If you meant to block other worlds, let's say 30 days. If you wish to enter between 15 days to that world to collect diamonds, how you do it. Only at the time of logging,any worlds are displayed and confused to select which world correctly. That's just a matter of time to see the world labels properly and click it. But with this idea, inactive state on worlds will be tricked and user can exploit it by blocking ever 15 or 30days. Too much of a change for unwanted things (according to me).

Emberguard

Emperor
You could send in a support ticket and ask if they’re willing to temporarily ban your account on request

Worst case scenario they say no, but if they say yes that’d achieve what you want.

Probably a better term would be "freeze". Perhaps you would be looking at a functionality that would remove the account from neighborhoods on the frozen world, and notify friends that the account was frozen (maybe a blue dot in addition to the green, yellow, and red).

-Alin-

Emperor
Remove the app, delete history in Your browser, don't login again, voila, account blocked untill You decide to come back.
I did the same or even lost interest for certain weeks or months, and barely opened the game to collect it, from time to time opened the game to help guildmates with 1.98 after received notifications on our discord group, nothing more.

Arkantos

Farmer
Remove the app, delete history in Your browser, don't login again, voila, account blocked untill You decide to come back.
I did the same or even lost interest for certain weeks or months, and barely opened the game to collect it, from time to time opened the game to help guildmates with 1.98 after received notifications on our discord group, nothing more.
Firstly, I play on PC. It's not as simple to freeze an account here. And perhaps I may want to freeze the account in one world only, not all of them.

Arkantos

Farmer
You could send in a support ticket and ask if they’re willing to temporarily ban your account on request
Yes, but it would be more convenient if I could do it myself. After all, there is a feature for completely deleting your account. Why not create a function for temporary blocking or, as mentioned here, freezing?

CrashBoom

Legend
Yes, but it would be more convenient if I could do it myself. After all, there is a feature for completely deleting your account. Why not create a function for temporary blocking or, as mentioned here, freezing?
but still the question: can a player abort it at any time ?
(deleting a city happens after 14 days and not immediately. and in that time it can be aborted)

it shouldn't because then it isn't a real block if you want to play. just one more click to abort o_O

and: do you really mean: account (= all cities) which would be the behaviour of the goodbye site ?
or just the city you are in (that from the player settings) ?

Kronan

Viceroy
SO the OP wants Inno to build something to block his/her ability to return to FOE, due to lack of will power to stay away from the game? Gosh - I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Arkantos

Farmer
but still the question: can a player abort it at any time ?
No, it will not be possible to cancel the block.

and: do you really mean: account (= all cities) which would be the behaviour of the goodbye site ?
or just the city you are in (that from the player settings) ?
No, I mean only one city. A separate block needs to be set up for each city, as is the case with deletion.

SO the OP wants Inno to build something to block his/her ability to return to FOE, due to lack of will power to stay away from the game? Gosh - I'm sure they'll get right on that.
I agree, at first glance, it seems disadvantageous. However, there is a feature to completely delete a city. If there is no feature such as temporarily freezing a city, then it will have to be completely deleted, which is what I have actually done several times. Here, let the developers decide for themselves what is profitable for them and whether they need to spend time on it at all. Considering that probably nobody liked this idea here.

qaccy

Emperor
It's not so much that nobody liked it, it's more that nobody really understands why this would be necessary. Can't you just...not play those worlds?

-Alin-

Emperor
Firstly, I play on PC. It's not as simple to freeze an account here. And perhaps I may want to freeze the account in one world only, not all of them.

Just don't connect on that world, simple as that, why would You need a block or whatever for that ...
If it annoys You that world so hard, delete the city on it and that's it, it will be greyed out and You'll never have to open that world or see it again.

Ah, cause You are addicted and You can't stop Yourself from clicking on that world, is another issue ...

Kronan

Viceroy
I agree, at first glance, it seems disadvantageous. However, there is a feature to completely delete a city. If there is no feature such as temporarily freezing a city, then it will have to be completely deleted, which is what I have actually done several times. Here, let the developers decide for themselves what is profitable for them and whether they need to spend time on it at all. Considering that probably nobody liked this idea here.
Already solutioned.... disconnect your roads from Townhall, selective paths, or all paths. Your city immediately goes into stasis, and can be instantly reconstituted with a reconnect.

Tell me why this doesn't solve the problem? Inno has to do NO engineering to affect this as a solution to your request for a city "freeze".

The finality of a DELETE is just that - a final decision you're done with the game and are willing to start again if you made the wrong one. That's way different than a "cessation" due to whatever reason caused you to decide you needed a rest. IN fact, as someone mentioned, you even have 14 days to rescind the delete request!

Your argument is non sequitur. It's a pretty clear opinion by the scholarly players replying here that you, @Arkantos, haven't made your case compelling or even understandable as to your definition of "FREEZING" and delineated why it's something better than what ANY PLAYER can do now, without a SINGLE engineering changes to the game.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
This would be great to lure in a bunch of snipers on all your buildings in those worlds then have the account blocked for a long while to lock them away from their points.

if you're dealing with problems and "play too much", you could try wrinting to support, asking them to ban your account for a small period of time?

if you're dealing with problems and "play too much", you could try wrinting to support, asking them to ban your account for a small period of time?
Guessing like, OP doesn't have time to think about that world and asking him spend time to make support request. That's very bad.
For example, Having worlds in US/EN/ZZ/FR...etc different servers in which each server has minimum 3 three worlds in it.
Logically, OP should raise 8 support request if OP keeps only one main world in one of the server. No, not good to do like that.

Instead freezing or locking worlds in particular server location might help a bit.
But having a few questions when a player world is in freeze state,
- Plunder action will be possible or not?
- Forge points contributed from the city owned player to other person Great Building
- Market trade created by this freeze player what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.