• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected The ability to temporarily block an account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkantos

Farmer
Reason
Sometimes players get too absorbed in the game, and it would be convenient to have the option to temporarily block a specific account.
Details
Add a section for temporary account blocking next to the area where you can completely delete your account.
Balance
I don't think this would affect the balance in any way.
Abuse Prevention
I don't think it would be a problem.
Summary
Adding the option to temporarily block an account would help some players better manage their time, without having to completely delete their account.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
No
In the game, there is an option to completely delete your account, but a feature to temporarily block it would be very useful. When you have cities on multiple servers, they can sometimes be too distracting. It would be great if players could block them for a set period of time, for example, 7, 14, or 30 days. This would allow for a break without having to delete them completely.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

qaccy

Emperor
@Xiphos I'm not disagreeing with your post here, but from the sound of it they're not looking for the ability to block other players from interacting with their cities. They want the ability to block themselves from interacting with their cities. Essentially, it sounds like they want something like parental controls for their account, so they can more directly limit their own playtime on the game aside from just willing themselves not to play. Disconnecting roads isn't a solution for them, since turning their city off isn't what they're looking for. They want to lock themselves out of it, at least temporarily

Still an odd request though. I dunno why they can't just stop playing on their own!

Emberguard

Emperor
Logically, OP should raise 8 support request if OP keeps only one main world in one of the server. No, not good to do like that.

If the issue is a matter of self-control or being so distressed that being locked out would be a relief, I suspect a ban issued by support is more likely to succeed simply because of the extra steps required to request it being ended early.

If we had a vacation mode then
(1) that in itself would be a reason for support to never issue a player requested ban, they'd likely direct you to using Vacation Mode.
(2) it'd pretty much be guaranteed you could end it early by just logging in. If you can end it early by just logging in would that still solve the problem?

Instead freezing or locking worlds in particular server location might help a bit.
But having a few questions when a player world is in freeze state,
- Plunder action will be possible or not?
- Forge points contributed from the city owned player to other person Great Building
- Market trade created by this freeze player what will happen

Logically the only thing that should be effected is removal of visibility in the neighbourhood, which already happens after a week of inactivity. Maybe make the Great Building icon disappear from your profile during this time as well? And hope that doesn't introduce bugs xD

Yes, but it would be more convenient if I could do it myself. After all, there is a feature for completely deleting your account. Why not create a function for temporary blocking or, as mentioned here, freezing?

Well, you got my vote. I do think writing to support is a more effective measure if they agree to it, but integrating something into the game functions would guarantee you have something.

Finkadel

Marquis
No. Feature useful for perhaps 1% of players is not worth time nor effort.

There is already a solution - disconnect everything from townhall. Even if log in by mistake - you would have nothing to do there, you will log out and after few days you will skip logging intentionally.

And, you know, there is also a matter of inactive worlds/accounts - Inno deletes them. How long would they have to wait after "vacation mode"? And how many more support tickets would it create "gimme back my world, I just forgot to log in after vacation!!!"? I say no. Support consists of unpayed employers, so this would only add to the modern slavery Inno is participating in, I am absolutely against that.

CrashBoom

Legend
And, you know, there is also a matter of inactive worlds/accounts - Inno deletes them.
not if "advanced" enough

following accounts will be removed from the game worlds:
  • - Stone Age and Bronze Age accounts: account has less than 301 Diamonds and has been inactive for at least 30 days.
  • - Iron Age and Early Middle Age accounts: account has less than 50 Diamonds and has been inactive for at least 30 days.
  • - Higher ages are currently excluded from deletion.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot forward this as it did not get the required amount of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.