• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well with the re-balance I now gave 3 level 1 Trading Posts and 10 upgrades. I have 60 fragments for the golden upgrade. I should get another trading post upgrade and 60 golden upgrades from the Grand Prize line, plus 30 golden upgrades from the final Quest. And so will have the Buccaneer's Bay building.

Kronan

Viceroy
Feedback for INNO:

Wanted to suggest a review of the Naming GRAMMAR for the BLACK flasks. The red suggestions make much better and constructive grammatical sense.

naming boosts.JPG

Here are the parts of speech in the phrase "100% attack boost for attacking army":
  • "100%" is an adverb modifying the noun "boost"
  • "attack" is a noun serving as an object of the verb "boost"
  • "boost" is a noun serving as the subject of the sentence
  • "for" is a preposition indicating the purpose or beneficiary of the boost
  • "attacking" is a present participle used as an adjective modifying the noun "army"
  • "army" is a noun serving as the object of the preposition "for"
Thank you ChatGPT. You're just about as good as my own staff editor :)

Continuing....

So I asked ChatGPT about the current grammar: 100% Attack for Attacking Army Boost.

Here's the reply:

The revised sentence "100% attack for attacking army boost" is grammatically correct, but it could be improved for clarity. It's not immediately clear whether "100% attack" is serving as an adjective modifying "boost" or as a noun phrase on its own. To make the meaning clearer, you could rephrase the sentence.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The Keys update is nice, but still only a 17.4% chance of getting enough keys using my simulator if you heavily focus on the calendar. In my opinion either make it actually possible, or clearly mark it as a premium feature.

50% chance, skipping up to 14 days without key on first board:
j18gfsU.png

100% chance:
UHsx5X6.png

With a key every board my simulator gives a 98.3% chance, incidents will increase that further. I think this is a much more appropriate balancing.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The Keys update is nice, but still only a 17.4% chance of getting enough keys using my simulator if you heavily focus on the calendar. In my opinion either make it actually possible, or clearly mark it as a premium feature.

50% chance, skipping up to 14 days without key on first board:
View attachment 9623

100% chance:
View attachment 9625

With a key every board my simulator gives a 98.3% chance, incidents will increase that further. I think this is a much more appropriate balancing.

I think it sounds fine after the rebalance. It doesn't need to be a near-guarantee - it is after all a side hustle. And the 17% does get improved by incidents too.

I'm less worried about the calendar part now that I've seen a bunch of the rewards through building up key parts.... they're total crap. Normally I would be more polite, but really, Inno? All this does is feed the Antique Dealer. Out of the 17 boxes I've opened, only two rewards were decent, but not so decent I'd spend one red cent to get them.

The big problem is still the shuffle , you get a board with the key and you clear it all but two squares ( one where the key is) then you get the forced shuffle , so no key obtained . New board and no key available , eventually you get the shuffle , so new board with key and guess what you get that shuffle before you get the key, and so on and so forth. I know it will not happen often but a few times will be enough to use all your doubloons and make getting the calendar impossible

CrazyBoy08

Farmer
I didn't read the 34 pages, but this is my view of this event:
- It depends a lot (too much) on random
- The calendar is clearl for those who want to pay, and I think it is not the best thing to focus on
- The main building is really good, and you can easily have 90 :fragment: /150 of the golden upgrade. I already have it at level 9 in my city, so it is very simple to get it with the changes they made (more doubloons).
- You can get 1 Daily Special for about 150 doubloons, so about 15 on the whole event
- Changing an event to a mechanic of another event, is not brilliant, but this version is, I think, bette than the winter one.
- It's strange that the Privateer's Boathouse wasn't the first Daily Special (on other events, the main building of the year before was the first Daily Prize), hopefully, it is today's Daily Special (and another day I think).
- I also want to say that the Treasures Map Dealer is very expensive, especially if you don't have the Cartographer. For 2,995k diamonds, I could get 5 summer 2023 epic selection kits, 300 goods, 20 FP, and Finish Special Production, which is not really good.

susieq

Farmer
I am very disappointed that the calendar is nearly impossible. I didnt mind spending diamonds on it until they stopped putting the key on the board every day. I dont believe there is even a 17% chance to finish the calendar. And theres nothing else to do except click tiles for no reason.
200 FP is really not even an amazing reward for people with large GBs. It was just fun to say we did it but now its impossible
SUPER Dissapointed! Ive been playing since before GBs were invented and this is definitely one of the worst mistakes.
I will be advising my guild members on the live server not to bother when it comes out.

And although the changes are nice its like the events before a bit to late to really test if the two bigger changes are really working. I spent some 800 dublons understanding that its not working and now I am out of dublons for really giving a worthful feedback. How can anybody now evaluate the overall event and working mechnanics... I would say impossible

zookeepers

Marquis
I think the new balance is quite reasonable.
You can get to around 30 keys for free in avarage, and rest can be bought by diamonds, which really isn't expensive (around 500 diamonds?).
I never thought about going fully for the calendar in the winter events,
but this one is definitely an option.

You have to play wise to maximize your keys, and this brings up strategy in the randomness-oriented event.
If you make it like @MooingCat have suggested (keys on every boards), you don't need to max your keys.
Strategy part of the minigame declines, and bullwork part of it rises.
The calendar is an optional prize at last, not the main prize. Not necesary guaranteed with zero diamonds.

SirAlucard

Steward
Um come back in 12 hours odd, quest 64, 65, 66, 67, 3 days 23 hours, kind of tight aint it.
Saw that too just now. We're either 1 quest behind or one day short on time. Something is definitly not right. if the time and quest are right, then we're only able to do 66 quest total. Someone from Inno please clarify!?

doc01

Farmer
it already happened with the previous event, the quests will end one day early... at least that's what happened last time

SirAlucard

Steward
actually we can do 67 quests

but for the last quest there will only be 10 hours and 30 minutes
Well, then at least, I hope THIS wasn't intentional. Because if it was, it would anger almost everybody, that isn't able to do the quest because the people do have a real life. It also would be something, that never happend before, the last quest had always 1 day plus the few hours before the ending of the event, most time 8-10h.