• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

There is only one way Inno is ever going to listen to us when it comes to these money-grabbers, er, events.

Not a single one of us should do the event on the main servers. Not a single box ticked off on the board. Not a single event quest done. Not a single diamond spent.

That is the ONLY way they're ever going to take notice. Hit them in the wallet. Make them scrounge to pay the electric bill. Heck, even have them sack Gordon Gekko!

qaccy

Emperor
The summer event used to be care free and fun, now it's dealing with RNG board resets and just forget about the calendar.
To me, having a mostly random shuffle somehow feels better than having a good wheel potentially ruined by someone else in my neighborhood either resetting the wheel or simply winning the prize that I was spinning for. Neither of those made it 'carefree and fun' at least in my opinion because it meant I both had to watch the wheel to see if/when good prizes would appear (so I could swoop in on someone else like they could potentially do to me), and hope that nobody else came along while I was spinning to mess up what I was trying to win.

I actually prefer this format to the old one simply because it's free of outside influence from other players. That is something that used to make the Summer Event unique, but it's the one aspect I personally didn't like about it.

jtrucker

Baronet
There is only one way Inno is ever going to listen to us when it comes to these money-grabbers, er, events.

Not a single one of us should do the event on the main servers. Not a single box ticked off on the board. Not a single event quest done. Not a single diamond spent.

That is the ONLY way they're ever going to take notice. Hit them in the wallet. Make them scrounge to pay the electric bill. Heck, even have them sack Gordon Gekko!
Yes, that's correct, but why?
After the last update and increased of the doubloons:
Everyone will (should) get lvl 9 building.
That will produce gold fragment, so with time, everyone will get gold upgrade.. for free.

You CAN pay and have it right away. Fine. That's fair.

As for the calendar - that is PAYING ONLY FEATURE. It is impossible to get the calendar for free. No matter the amount of luck, nobody will have it 100% free. Nobody ever got it 100% free without single diamond in the winter event either. Nobody would have had the calendar in the "before rebalance" system and nobody will have it for free now.
No matter it is not stated in the announcement directly, it is paying only feature, same like digging the treasure or (in winter) the reindeer sled.
So you can either pay for it or not have it. Simple as that. It is an extra for paying customers, while the main building is free for everyone as it should.
Since the calendar does not contain upgrades for the main building and it has literally only one reasonable item - the skull cave - that's premium building only the paying players will have. I might be jealous of them, sure, but I can understand, that the paying players should get something more which we do not get for free. It is fair as long as that "something" is not gamebreaker giving them such advantage that the non paying players will always loose any battle. And it is not this case. The skull cave has nice extra boost but not a huge one and you can easily get it from other buildings which are available to non paying players.

I was really disappointed (or mad ;) ) about the event when the main building was for paying only players as well. That was bad, unfair. But the last update rectified that, so it is fine now. I still miss the fortune wheel because it was fun. (yeah, I was bad boy. I really needed NOTHING from the wheel, so I was usually spamming the "refresh" button, sorry :D), but with the doubloon amount fixed up, this event isn't that bad anymore.

CrashBoom

Legend
That will produce gold fragment, so with time, everyone will get gold upgrade.. for free.

As for the calendar - that is PAYING ONLY FEATURE. It is impossible to get the calendar for free. No matter the amount of luck, nobody will have it 100% free. Nobody ever got it 100% free without single diamond in the winter event either. Nobody would have had the calendar in the "before rebalance" system and nobody will have it for free now.
No matter it is not stated in the announcement directly, it is paying only feature, same like digging the treasure or (in winter) the reindeer sled.
So you can either pay for it or not have it. Simple as that. It is an extra for paying customers, while the main building is free for everyone as it should.
Since the calendar does not contain upgrades for the main building and it has literally only one reasonable item - the skull cave - that's premium building only the paying players will have. I might be jealous of them, sure, but I can understand, that the paying players should get something more which we do not get for free. It is fair as long as that "something" is not gamebreaker giving them such advantage that the non paying players will always loose any battle. And it is not this case. The skull cave has nice extra boost but not a huge one and you can easily get it from other buildings which are available to non paying players.

I was really disappointed (or mad ;) ) about the event when the main building was for paying only players as well. That was bad, unfair. But the last update rectified that, so it is fine now. I still miss the fortune wheel because it was fun. (yeah, I was bad boy. I really needed NOTHING from the wheel, so I was usually spamming the "refresh" button, sorry :D), but with the doubloon amount fixed up, this event isn't that bad anymore.
a) it has one main building upgrade kit in it :p
b) as premium feature it should also include the golden villa kit ;)
(add it in the selection kit already there, not as extra reward)

nice2haveu

Baronet

Completely agree!!

Just one problem as a beta player, but anyhow damage already done due to English sentence, game is suffered in beta (for me very much).

Instead of this statement,
Ya now also get a lower chance for keys, too. Now only roughly every 3rd board will have a key on it. Hope ya can still have a clear look with ya eye patch!
A modified statement like give below might have avoided loss of more doubloons,
Ya now also get a lower chance for keys, too. After 3rd board, key may be appear and if it is missed, it will be appear again with the random boards. There are chances like even 3rd board cannot get the key also. Hope ya can still have a clear look with ya eye patch!

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
Development review please:

In this image shown, it really appears the production box positioning for the Summer 2023 event building, TRADING POST - is well skewed from the actual building, and even more troublesome, looks like it belongs to the STAGE of AGES, which is directly below it. It's not the Stage of Ages production box, though.

Can you guys see if it can be better aligned with the building it represents?

production box for Trading Post - 100 .jpg

Here's the same image, with all the surrounding collection boxes "turned on/enabled".

Color/shape codes:

RED diamond is the Stage of Ages collection box
Yellow (Yellow) circle is the Trading Post collection box
White (White) square is the Shrine of Knowledge collection box (behind the Trading Post)

production box for Trading Post - 202.jpg

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Regarding Viceroy's Villa.

There is a possibility to get 440 progress for free from this event now, if You are that lucky to hit many times shuffle, so a second Viceroy will cost You 200 progress more(on 640 progress), for 100 doubloons you get around 15 progress, so 200/15*100, you need 1334 doubloons, 1334 doubloons means 14007 diamonds(without minimum value of shuffles after cleaning a board), so including shuffle it should be less.

If the formula remain in this way, each Viceroy villa will cost You roughly 13500 diamonds (with minimum shuffle ammount of cleaning boards) average, 5-10% less depending on how many times You hit shuffle or how generous is the board to give You more progress per 10 doubloons spent.

As I've seen golden kits are at 340/640/840/1040/1240 etc, so each 200 progress is one more Viceroy's Golden kit.

So 2 Viceroy's Villas Require 15 usd+ 13500 diamonds average, again, could be less.

3 Viceroy's Villas Require 15 usd + 27000 diamonds average.

4 Viceroy's Villas Require 15 usd+ 40500 diamonds average.

10 Viceroy's Villas Require 15 usd+ 121500 diamonds average.

Now it could it could be less, depending on how lucky You are with the shuffles and progress per each 10 tokens.

Lest say You are pretty lucky to get many times the shuffle on the board, so 121500-10%= 109350 diamonds could be needed for 10 Viceroy's Villa Golden kits.

Among these You get a lot more prizes including several Buccaneers Bays/Trading Posts.

Note these are just averages, other could have more than 1.5 per 10 doubloons and around 8.5-8.7 doubloons per tile, which will result in about 100k diamonds for 10 Viceroy's.

Last edited:

MATR

Squire
Rebalancing? It is a MAJOR event change.
Spent all my "bonus" 730 coins and got no keys- the diamonds I spent earlier to get keys are now lost as the chance to get keys now is at a MINIMUM 3 times more or higher with inno non-random advertised random plays. I went thru 7 boards with no keys after missing the first board that had a key but got shuffled instead. I did manage to amazingly find the shuffle on the first tile flip once and on the 2nd tile once. Seems I'm much better finding the shuffle tile than would be expected.
Result of roughly 1/3 of boards having a key: When I don't see a calendar key on the board I don't even what to play.
PS: already got 2 B-Bays and 3 governors upgrades.
PPSS: I really enjoy (not) the confusion created by naming 9 levels of a building one thing then having the 10th level a completely different name. As a suggestion, it would really be crazy to call every level something different and have frags for each level.

MATR

Squire
Since the change, you only get 1 or 2 steps per roll, thus it takes 1/3 more rolls to get to the end, so they gave us more coin and claim it is even BUT if you buy coin to play the cost is the same as before and the steps your buy makes is now less than before. To be fair the diamond buys should give you 1/3 more play tokens.

LastWarrior

Regent
I have now had 5 boards with none of those, I was keeping up just with the daily one,
Now its impossible, you need to bring it back to at least one piece EVERY board to give us a remote chance of getting the prize.
Oh and while Im pointing out what should happen the 100% boost to attacking armies should be on the defending armies to help us in GE level 5.
This should also be red why confuse us with a black one?

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
PPSS: I really enjoy (not) the confusion created by naming 9 levels of a building one thing then having the 10th level a completely different name. As a suggestion, it would really be crazy to call every level something different and have frags for each level.

@MATR - very much agree with your point. Logical consistency is important.
What they did with a full name change is similar to the way some US states change road names that cross 2 counties or 2 town in the state.

The name of the road just abruptly changes to a new name in each town it touches! It's the same darn road - leave the name alone until it ends, or does something to warrant a name change (other than it just entering a new town) !!!

Kronan

Viceroy
Oh and while Im pointing out what should happen the 100% boost to attacking armies should be on the defending armies to help us in GE level 5.
This should also be red why confuse us with a black one?

Would seem logical, but a deeper "think" on it might explain why.

Take a look here, this table will show you the "holes": https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expedition-update.16083/post-155769

The family of ORANGE/RED are JUST a single type: they're just attacking army attack potions (5%, 10% and 20%) DO NOT STACK and are pre-set for 8 hours duration.
The family of BLACK potions have 2 types & 2 stack features: Attack boost :att_attacker: for the ATTACKING army, DO NOT STACK but.... only last 30 minutes. Defense boost :def_attacker: do STACK and last for 30 minutes.
The family of BLUE are just a single type: they're city defender defense potions (10%, 20% and 30%) STACK, and are pre-set for 8 hours duration.

If Inno didn't create a separate BLACK grouping for that new type, it would be very confusing to remember that the 3 DIGIT (100%, 200%, 300%) potions are for 30 minutes, and the 2 digit potions (5%, 10% and 20%) are for 8 hours. As well - ORANGE/RED are just for attacking army attack - while the black potion can serve both attack and defense of the ATTACKING ARMY (depending on potion).

So agree in some ways - it's not pristinely homogenized based on historic color we're used to, but... once again - it's better to do it this way vs fold them all into 2 historic colors that now - don't make sense for the 2 types they are (attack and defense) and their power levels differences, and the TIME duration they're active.

Should they revamp the entire thing logically, and build a consistent color, family type, duration and boost levels into their model? Yes.

I'm not holding my breath on that, but it would be very helpful since GE 5 seems to be signaling a new way to fight in the game.

Tabularized, it currently looks like this (all data verified):

FLASK/Potion Color
Duration
Army Type
Boost focus
Boost %
Stackable?
Red
8 hour​
Attacking​
Attack :att_attacker:
5​
No
Red
8 hour​
Attacking​
Attack:att_attacker:
10​
No
Red
8 hour​
Attacking​
20​
No
Black
30 minutes​
Attacking​
100​
No
Black
30 minutes​
Attacking​
200​
No
Black
30 minutes​
Attacking​
300​
No
Black
30 minutes​
Attacking​
Defense:def_attacker:
100​
:check: Yes
Black
30 minutes​
Attacking​
200​
:check:Yes
Black
30 minutes​
Attacking​
300​
Blue
8 hour​
Defender​
Defense:def_defender:
10​
Blue
8 hour​
Defender​
20​
Blue
8 hour​
Defender​
30​

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
I think they've pretty much settled on the concept: it'll take 150 days to make the golden upgrade normally. And the event may reward you "some" of those fragments to cut off time with amount depending on your success - or you can pay to have it right away.

This was true for st patricks after changes, true for wildlife (though from a separate 1x1 - so you don't need the *big* building in your city until you have the fragments if you prefer), and now true from summer.

Anniversary was the odd one out where they just threw the golden upgrade in like it was a regular upgrade, but since they've returned to 150 fragments at 1 a day since then, I think this is what it'll be going forward.

I do not share your faith in the devs+monetization team and as I said in my post I'm betting I'll be saving all my $$ and diamonds through the rest of this year. Maybe by then they will have settled on a new standard. If it is 150 fragments which you get out of n-1 levels then so be it. But to me it appears to be get the fragments from the pay line, get the fragments from a building from the pay line, get the fragments from the n-1 level or combination there-of and frankly it's exhausting.