• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

I just finished the Anniversary Event on the live servers. That was a well thought out and executed event and I had no problem getting all the levels of the Conjunction Tower. Now we get this event, if you want to call it that. It is impossible to get a fully maxed Trading Post without spending cash the way it is set up now. We don't get enough doubloons from the quests and the doubloons from incidents is a joke, if you even get any. I have yet to get any from incidents.
It's hard to believe the same people created both events. I sincerely hope this is not a portend of things to come.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I just got a doubloon from a street incident.. yep ONE DOUBLOON.! The event has been running for over 4 days, so if that means anything, I "might" find 5, maybe 6 more.. and I can use them for ??? That would be like getting 1 fragment (of 15) of a Wildlife Ticket.. Either make them an actual attempt on the map (10), or drop them.. 1? .. simply disrespectful to the player in my opinion..

joyfulrider

Marquis
I just got a doubloon from a street incident.. yep ONE DOUBLOON.! The event has been running for over 4 days, so if that means anything, I "might" find 5, maybe 6 more.. and I can use them for ??? That would be like getting 1 fragment (of 15) of a Wildlife Ticket.. Either make them an actual attempt on the map (10), or drop them.. 1? .. simply disrespectful to the player in my opinion..
one doubloon is definitely a joke, they could have given calendar key piece from incidents and made us cry for doubloons from quests as usual.

qaccy

Emperor
I would normally not comment on this but I'm curious... did you stop reading after the sentence you quoted?
Because in the very NEXT sentence I pointed out that I explicitly do NOT want the community to have an impact on game design. Simply point out flaws in the devs thinking early enough so it can still be fixed since, when the event arrives on BETA, there will (most likely) be no more changes to the event mechanics.
I did read your entire message, yes. And in your reply, you clarified exactly what I was pointing out. You claim there's a distinction to be made, but 'pointing put flaws', as you put it, with an expectation that these 'flaws' would be corrected or addressed, is indeed the same as players expecting to be able to influence the game's design.

That being reiterated, the devs do make changes to events as a whole as well. This whole revamp of the Summer Event, the switch from the wheel to a general reskin of the Winter Event, is a response to feedback from players who didn't like the wheel. Apparently, more players didn't like the wheel than players that do. These overhauls don't happen while an event is running though, even on beta. If changes like this occur, it's worked on during the year in between event periods. Perhaps a bit of a slow process, but the iteration still happens.

Yekk

Regent
I did read your entire message, yes. And in your reply, you clarified exactly what I was pointing out. You claim there's a distinction to be made, but 'pointing put flaws', as you put it, with an expectation that these 'flaws' would be corrected or addressed, is indeed the same as players expecting to be able to influence the game's design.

That being reiterated, the devs do make changes to events as a whole as well. This whole revamp of the Summer Event, the switch from the wheel to a general reskin of the Winter Event, is a response to feedback from players who didn't like the wheel. Apparently, more players didn't like the wheel than players that do. These overhauls don't happen while an event is running though, even on beta. If changes like this occur, it's worked on during the year in between event periods. Perhaps a bit of a slow process, but the iteration still happens.
your problem is they hated the winter event more...

I have to disagree with you about the devs making changes as a result of our feedback. There is nothing about our feedback from the summer event that would have prompted this poor excuse of an event. If nothing else they took the Summer event and removed anything that made it work and now we get this.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
@Juber : It's a pity that you no longer publish the productions of the new special buildings during the events.
I am still preparing them. As there are more buildings, I need longer. That combined with some adjustments I want to do and not having that much time until yesterday makes them delayed. However, you can already see the stats ingame or in the post from @MooingCat earlier in the feedback thread. :)

qaccy

Emperor
I have to disagree with you about the devs making changes as a result of our feedback. There is nothing about our feedback from the summer event that would have prompted this poor excuse of an event. If nothing else they took the Summer event and removed anything that made it work and now we get this.
You misinterpreted what I said. I mentioned them responding to feedback, yes. What I didn't say was that they responded to feedback specifically from the forums. Always remember that forum posters are not a majority of players. Inno designs the game for the playerbase as a whole, not just the forum posters who tend to be complaining more often than not.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I am still preparing them. As there are more buildings, I need longer. That combined with some adjustments I want to do and not having that much time until yesterday makes them delayed. However, you can already see the stats ingame or in the post from @MooingCat earlier in the feedback thread. :)
Juber give us a winky face if good changes coming ;)

GateKeeper

Baronet
Juber

see prize row, the two Goods icons differ. one states 300, the other at the end doesn't say 200.
1681855595325.png

since I did for years in Winter event ill keep tradition going and state, these are not worth 3000 diamonds... honestly I would see maybe 50 diamonds spent and thats HIGH BALLING (5 diamonds each for the 5 shards; 10 diamonds for the past event kit; 5 diamonds for the 1 key piece; 10 diamonds for the 2 key pieces; 10 diamonds for the 300 goods; and 5 diamonds for the 200 goods.) the trickery AB for AA boost that is a no charge item.

You misinterpreted what I said. I mentioned them responding to feedback, yes. What I didn't say was that they responded to feedback specifically from the forums. Always remember that forum posters are not a majority of players. Inno designs the game for the playerbase as a whole, not just the forum posters who tend to be complaining more often than not.
You got to be kidding me. How else do we give feedback? Telepathy? And what makes you an expert on what Inno does and what their intentions are? You said what you said, don't try to walk it back by attacking me. And look at my post again. No mention of the forum

estrid

Baronet
Juber

see prize row, the two Goods icons differ. one states 300, the other at the end doesn't say 200.
View attachment 9481

since I did for years in Winter event ill keep tradition going and state, these are not worth 3000 diamonds... honestly I would see maybe 50 diamonds spent and thats HIGH BALLING (5 diamonds each for the 5 shards; 10 diamonds for the past event kit; 5 diamonds for the 1 key piece; 10 diamonds for the 2 key pieces; 10 diamonds for the 300 goods; and 5 diamonds for the 200 goods.) the trickery AB for AA boost that is a no charge item.
But, hey, you have at least two pieces of golden fragments there! I have nothing worth of any diamonds. So I came to think: Should you add a possibility to reject the thing? That way collecting could start again and maybe -just maybe- the next set would be worth of buying...

qaccy

Emperor
You got to be kidding me. How else do we give feedback? Telepathy? And what makes you an expert on what Inno does and what their intentions are? You said what you said, don't try to walk it back by attacking me. And look at my post again. No mention of the forum
I'm not walking back anything, I'm clarifying. And doubling down. You apparently think that the forums are the only resource the players have for providing feedback, and that the forums are the only resource Inno has for collecting feedback and data on how players interact with and feel about the game. I mean, among other things, they have access to comments made on their other social media channels, all the conversation that takes place in-game, any comments made via tickets, possibly even email, and of course data gathered on player activity in various areas of the game, including diamond usage/spending habits. The decisions Inno makes for the game are generally a lot more informed than some posters here on the forum would like to think, because they're looking at a lot more than just a few comments in a feedback thread.

CDmark

Baronet
I got my first dubloon from an incident. A whopping 1 dublooon. Are you kidding Inno? I can't do anything with that. This is just outrageous!
well you got me beat, nothing yet, all incidents collected too. I hope I don't win this contest, that 1 doubloon can make all the difference to my success in this event, looking for multiple L1 trading posts. :rolleyes:

I'm not walking back anything, I'm clarifying. And doubling down. You apparently think that the forums are the only resource the players have for providing feedback, and that the forums are the only resource Inno has for collecting feedback and data on how players interact with and feel about the game. I mean, among other things, they have access to comments made on their other social media channels, all the conversation that takes place in-game, any comments made via tickets, possibly even email, and of course data gathered on player activity in various areas of the game, including diamond usage/spending habits. The decisions Inno makes for the game are generally a lot more informed than some posters here on the forum would like to think, because they're looking at a lot more than just a few comments in a feedback thread.
Again, let me point out a fact you conveniently keep overlooking. I never mentioned a word about the forum and the people that post there. And you have not offered any credible info that any of that input included information that lead Inno to create this abortion of an event. I've been playing this game for too many years and watched it deteriorate. And your story doesn't wash, sorry. Inno is totally money motivated and all those sources of player input you cited have nothing to do with the decisions Inno makes and what they ask from the devs. The sad truth is that they are letting their greed blind them to what they are doing to the game. Just my opinion, and that's all it is. And honestly, I don't think you have any more insight into the process than I do