• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

.Chris

Baronet
I REALLY dislike hiding things behind a paywall espescially since INNO switched from the premium currency to straight up RL Cash.

I don't mind having the OPTION to get something instantaneously and have made use of that option in the past. But the feeling that you are a 2nd class player because you don't spend money is just steadily creeping in.
I support the efforts to decrease "Free" diamond income but that event pass BS is just an abomination.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I will say - it seems like this event has been really polished. So far, the main building seems strong, the event minigame seems manageable, and the UI is really clean. Compared to previous events, I really like the UI on this one (and it is good in the Anniversary Event too). Also - it's a long event! ~32 days.

We'll have to see tomorrow, but I think this event might be a hit for a couple of reasons:
  1. It's not overly strategic. Basically just click and prizes. Nice break after 3 tight, strategy-focused ones.
  2. It's a spinoff of the Winter Event, but in pirate form. Who doesn't love pirates?
  3. The prizes are well balanced (ie, the Trading Post lvl 9 seems fair without the upgrades.
  4. The Summer Event has daily specials again!!!
Fully agree that the mechanics have improved.

I'm not so sure the continuing inflation of building stats is such a wonderful trend. Yes, it pushes one to replace old with new event buildings. But, personally, I'm a lot less likely to pay money for a 2nd building when I know the next event's building will probably be as good or better.

For me, the changes to events are promoting (but not -yet- mandating) a more "pay-2-play" approach. I always bought some diamonds. What was fun/challenging was trying to get a maxed out event prize by the end of the event, without using cash/diamonds.

That's not really possible anymore: the final level is not obtainable during the event without paying RL cash. Before, while difficult, it could be done for free.

That makes the click-mania needed to play FoE less tolerable. The rewards vs challenge for advancing without diamonds/cash are lowering compared to those I can now get from just buying my way through the game. If I have to pay cash to get the same level of rewards/enjoyment compared to when it was more free-2-play, the value-for-money & time has to get better.

GwenGwen

Merchant
Be careful that some quests are not for everyone like this one: finish 20 productions of 1 hour.
There are players who have a lot of free time and others who have very little and only connect once or twice a day.
Ceux-ci prendront de deux jours à une semaine pour faire cette quête en fonction de la ville dont ils disposent. C'est trop et ils abandonneront l'événement ;
It's ok 20x5 minutes but not 20x1hour I think.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Be careful that some quests are not for everyone like this one: finish 20 productions of 1 hour.
There are players who have a lot of free time and others who have very little and only connect once or twice a day.
Those will take from two days to a week to do this quest depending on the city they have. It's too much and they will abandon the event;
While I'm not a big fan of those quests either, the event is a month long, plenty of time to complete them.

CrashBoom

Legend
Those will take from two days to a week to do this quest depending on the city they have. It's too much and they will abandon the event;
you need a Golden Orrery (generates 30 minute supply rush fragments)
or a Tarot Card Caravans (instant finish all supply productions fragments)
;)

Where is the medals in the main prizes? Please add medals!
Good one! :)))

There's one event I REALLY REALY hate. That is the winter event. Why? Because of the shuffle rubbish.

...and guess what: they brought the shuffle in the summer event also, now.

I don't even care or want to know anything else about this event, it ended for me when I saw "shuffle".

Soon, they'll screw up completely GvG too, and that will be my last day in this rigged sorry excuse of a game.
It's their only good feature in an ocean of garbage.

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
Grand prize number 8 (@140), 40% attack for attack army potion. I mentioned in GE5 feedback you should give X attack % for DEFENDING army potion, probably as a grand prize. If I am gonna drink that bottle of ink, I would like it to be attack % for defending army. Now, in beta, I am IA and small, it would help me. I am thinking more about the live player.
Now, grand prize 4 (@60), 40% defense for attacking army is nice, something we don't have and would use.

CrashBoom

Legend
Keep the Shuffle. It's basically a free turn that adds progress towards the grand prize.
if you play for daily special or calendar and shuffle comes before that (maybe a few times in a row) it can really be frustrating

if we could use it when we want after we won it that would be much better
(so we would still need to win it but it isn't used immediately)

nice2haveu

Baronet
Once the cup throw coins, coins facing empty side are not counted and coins facing some symbols/emblem counted for the prizes.
Visually it is too much to distinguish and annoying within the first 5 tries itself. This annoying display should be adjusted with some other behavior since it is not giving a pleasant feel like 'candles' or 'matchbox with sticks'.

Quoras

Merchant
The Event seems to be well balanced and very polished.
I like the accessible new building and that every event feature has its own building that is "seperate" so they are not independent on another.
There is the main building + new daily specials - basic event
The Atzec thing - calendar
The treasure hunt - catographer
eventpass - villa upgrade

Im actually fine with this eventpass because it is nicely balanced, you get lots of stuff which i think is good for the average gamer/customer - i also think it is a good idea to put the golden kit at the very beginning and not like in other events behind another diamond paywall (st patrick was really bad where you had to buy your way to the last avatar).

The new buildings seem all very well balanced, they are a clear improvement but not overpowered. But I think you there are too many of new items. 3 New Boosts, 3 New 1x1 Building, New Villa, 2 Eventbuildings, Calendar-Reward, Carthographer. I think you went a bit over board with that especially if the next event then only has like 2-3 new buildings, but i still like the effort.

What I dont like is that we lost another of the original events and its unique mechanic, but I appreciate that there are less fields on the board (2 less than winter event) so to finish a board will be cheaper/quicker and with the same amount of dubloons you will probably be able to play more boards, than you could play in the winter event.

Does somebody know how many fragments are needed per black boost.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Every shuffle opens the treasure map dealer and getting shocked to see the grandma winking at me. Sorry granny, better luck on the next life.

A way to open the treasure map dealer only when player opted means good, since separate treasure button already allocated and number indications also given already. It is very easy to make this change, since it is disturbing the game flow.

Let the grandma wink at me when I wanted too, but costly granny that too in the summer time:D!!