• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

CrashBoom

Legend
umm wtf? why do we have to pay 1200 DIAMONDS for a building that is MOSTLY USELESS after 5 days??? And it can only work 4 times for your city, because gathering from your daily producing buildings only works 4 times in the timespan of 5 days (adding 1 hour to the 5 days clock could fix that last problem though)...
you know that the 1200 are not only for that one building :rolleyes:

And it can only work 4 times for your city, because gathering from your daily producing buildings only works 4 times in the timespan of 5 day
no it works five times

let's say you start it sunday to monday midnight
then you can collect monday to friday

(adding 1 hour to the 5 days clock could fix that last problem though)...
then smart players would use it for 6 daily collections

Last edited:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
umm wtf? why do we have to pay 1200 DIAMONDS for a building that is MOSTLY USELESS after 5 days??? And it can only work 4 times for your city, because gathering from your daily producing buildings only works 4 times in the timespan of 5 days (adding 1 hour to the 5 days clock could fix that last problem though)...
At first I thought you are right, but no. With that logic, if it lasted just 1 day, you wouldn't be able to use it at all, but obviously you can place it, collect your city, then of course next day you won't be able to collect it again, but that would be the 2nd time, not the 1st.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I just did a little math here since I am holding out until the very end days of the event, which we got 17 more quests and 18 days remaining on the clock.

Yesterday, I managed to complete the rush quests so I can get the daily ones. The initials before quest 35 were 1 doubloon each and a daily login of 2 doubloons. As of this moment I have 57 saved up (with no incidents of such showing up for it). The rewards after quest 35 are 2 doubloons each (sitting on after 38 quests are done and waiting on quest 39 to show on reset) and the daily login still has it at 2 doubloons each day.

Anyways, I am estimating (unless the doubloon count will increase after quest 45 is done for the daily reward), that I will have 133 doubloons in total (with a few hours to play the wheel before it ends). If the chance spin/move count is 1 throughout, I would have 133 on the progress bar, and 7 levels of the main building (1 from the surprise box, 2 from the milestone, and 3 from the grand prizes with the level 1 building). If the spin count moves at 2 each, I would have 266 on the progress bar, which would put me 1 less upgrade from max level of the main building. If the spin count moves at 3 each, I would have the full upgraded building and some extra stuff shy of 400 (399).

So, how does Inno guarantee that we will have a full maxed building without spending any diamonds (their announcement)?
Balancing will be adjusted to ensure it is still possible to win a fully upgraded event building even without the box, and without spending diamonds.
Especially, after I saw @denhviteguden's post above mine on the spin counts. The only way I can think of (remember I don't know if the daily reward will increase after quest 45 which is in a week; might be that famed make sure you done your GE-64 and log in within those hours before it closes kind of quest) is that Inno spews out mostly 2's and 3's on those spins while keeping the 1's to a low number.

However, I won't hold my breath on it because we know how they are when it comes to chance.

6zeva9

Baronet
I just did a little math here since I am holding out until the very end days of the event, which we got 17 more quests and 18 days remaining on the clock.

Yesterday, I managed to complete the rush quests so I can get the daily ones. The initials before quest 35 were 1 doubloon each and a daily login of 2 doubloons. As of this moment I have 57 saved up (with no incidents of such showing up for it). The rewards after quest 35 are 2 doubloons each (sitting on after 38 quests are done and waiting on quest 39 to show on reset) and the daily login still has it at 2 doubloons each day.

Anyways, I am estimating (unless the doubloon count will increase after quest 45 is done for the daily reward), that I will have 133 doubloons in total (with a few hours to play the wheel before it ends). If the chance spin/move count is 1 throughout, I would have 133 on the progress bar, and 7 levels of the main building (1 from the surprise box, 2 from the milestone, and 3 from the grand prizes with the level 1 building). If the spin count moves at 2 each, I would have 266 on the progress bar, which would put me 1 less upgrade from max level of the main building. If the spin count moves at 3 each, I would have the full upgraded building and some extra stuff shy of 400 (399).

So, how does Inno guarantee that we will have a full maxed building without spending any diamonds (their announcement)?

Especially, after I saw @denhviteguden's post above mine on the spin counts. The only way I can think of (remember I don't know if the daily reward will increase after quest 45 which is in a week; might be that famed make sure you done your GE-64 and log in within those hours before it closes kind of quest) is that Inno spews out mostly 2's and 3's on those spins while keeping the 1's to a low number.

However, I won't hold my breath on it because we know how they are when it comes to chance.
266 will give you the 7th Grand Prize Upgrade needed to have a boathouse at level 11 (your choice of which one). They come at 20, 60, 100, 140, 180, 220 & 260, Plus 2 from Milestones as well as the Level 1 & the Selection Kit from the last Event Surprise Box, making 11 components (Level 11)
You have also forgotten about the 2 Doubloons for the last few hours after midnight.
There are times when you will feel unloved or unlucky getting a string of 1's. A sample of 12 is considered too small to be representative of a final position, just an example of misfortune.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
inno, really?

12 "sails" so far, out of which:
10 - 1 step
2 - 2 steps
0 - 3 steps?

How LOW can you descend? Are you planning to make each one of your events a rigged waste of time?
What you get is random. All 3 options have the same chance. So it can happen, that you get (way) less than average or (way) more.

Thunderdome

Emperor
266 will give you the 7th Grand Prize Upgrade needed to have a boathouse at level 11 (your choice of which one). They come at 20, 60, 100, 140, 180, 220 & 260, Plus 2 from Milestones as well as the Level 1 & the Selection Kit from the last Event Surprise Box, making 11 components (Level 11)
You have also forgotten about the 2 Doubloons for the last few hours after midnight.
There are times when you will feel unloved or unlucky getting a string of 1's. A sample of 12 is considered too small to be representative of a final position, just an example of misfortune.
It might have been late and I might've forgotten (or not) about the last 2 doubloons in these predictive calculations; but you are correct on the number of kits and milestones as I had rechecked. Those who did not get a surprise box on their last event will have to shoot for 300 in order to get a fully upgraded building of their choice.

While I understand that 12 is a low number to consider, Inno's still famous for "malice" when it comes to awarding the lowest amount of steps, especially when it's in a consecutive fashion. I had been lucky in getting event buildings that I was using the wheel for another purpose in the past: getting sunken treasure buildings and kits for other buildings I have in inventory that I want another of.

This time, I want the full building for this event, so I am merely asking Inno that very question that was laced with their announcement: how?
What you get is random. All 3 options have the same chance. So it can happen, that you get (way) less than average or (way) more.
Not when "rebalancing", "having the full building", and "not spending diamonds" are within the same sentence. Did Inno "rebalance" this event to the effect that everyone will have at least 300 steps (in the background) without considering the surprise box by the end of the event for that to happen? Curious minds would like to know.
It is perhaps this excessive amount of randomness that exacerbates the players in a strategy/management game...
When I first played games of such 1-3 steps, I had used what I had right at that point. I mostly get 1 steps, a somewhat average amount of 2 steps, and a very little amount of 3 steps. From time on, I began to save up on my event currency for such end times of events since there's not a daily special to worry about. I still get mostly 1's in the past, and had even called Inno malicious on several occasions (sometimes as a joke; once was serious, though).

Now that Inno presented something that is questionable, I, along with every other player who has been attentive, would like to know how this would be accomplished. I even had to ask the question when I saw the amount of doubloons given for the milestone rewards (4 for the 20 quests done, 8 for the 45 quests done) and haven't seen a single one in incidents (did anyone else get one through these??) to this date.

But, I guess we won't know the answer. So much about "transparency".

Thunderdome

Emperor
Is there a reason I can access the event from browser but not the iOS app?
Your app store doesn't have the updated app yet. This is why Inno created that buggy FoE beta app that requires a second device or you to uninstall your current FoE regular app on your device in order to play. When I say "buggy", I mean you can't play any other server on the FoE Beta app other than just beta.

Sure, except if this kind of "random" happens always, in all aspects involving shown probabilities in this game.

For instance, whenever I farmed (I won't say "fought") in that GBG thing with 4 SCs (thus with 4% chance of getting attrition) in the end I got attrition in about 8-10%, on average. ALWAYS more than 4%, NEVER less.

I am familiar with this "randomness", no worries. I am also aware of the fact that probabilities work in mysterious ways for our esteemed developers.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
and when you want to open 200 of them you need to make 400 clicks o_O
If you’ve saved up that many, yeah probably. Might be even worse then “just” 400 clicks. If the pop-ups are like the other reward boxes. You’ll end-up with more clicks.:p Up to 600 clicks (1 for bp, 2 for fragments (1up and def bonus, total 3/box * 200 boxes = 600 pop-ups/clicks).

Kronan

Viceroy
Sorry Inno. This is a HUGE yawn event for me. Its downright depressing to spin the wheel and get yards and yards of junk. Victory towers? Bazaars? Etc.

I'd rather get 1 upgrade kit of 10 that are required to build something I won't even use, vs the junk that populates the wheel now.

I know we're coming off an event that had a trio of superior PRIZES (Hero's Tavern, Flower Maidens, Knights Pavilion) that were INNOVATIVE, but can you get creative on this, please? If you want player participation instead of guffaws and grumbles at the" same old stuff" once again, then you can still WOW us with something refreshing to work for in an old format game.

I can clearly do without this event's main prize, and certainly nothing of interest on the wheel either.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Sorry Inno. This is a HUGE yawn event for me. Its downright depressing to spin the wheel and get yards and yards of junk. Victory towers? Bazaars? Etc.

I'd rather get 1 upgrade kit of 10 that are required to build something I won't even use, vs the junk that populates the wheel now.

I know we're coming off an event that had a trio of superior PRIZES (Hero's Tavern, Flower Maidens, Knights Pavilion) that were INNOVATIVE, but can you get creative on this, please? If you want player participation instead of guffaws and grumbles at the" same of stuff" once again, then you can still WOW us with something refreshing to work for in an old format game.

I can clearly do without this event's main prize, and certainly nothing of interest on the wheel either.
While I can understand it won't appeal to everyone, there has been some excited talk about the main prize due to the nature of having inventory chests you can save for a new age. So that is somewhat innovative :)

Kronan

Viceroy
@xivarmy : Yes, it's "somwhat" innovative. It further bifurcates the rewarding concept, (making something a "future" use inventory item which holds players in the game...). Nothing wrong with that strategy. However, because they "crossed the streams (Ghostbuster reference...) by blending Attack and City Defense boosts in the same building, it reduces appeal. Few are adding City Defense boosts especially at the expense of A/D for attacking army - because of the BONANZA GBG offers (offered).

Most people I've talked to rely on collect timing and obfuscation to protect their city buildings. Attacking armies are so strong now that doing an event for CITY defense event help is a waste of time. You can't defend against most armies, so why bother hunting for more city defense?

The players in the game are NOW so tuned to Attacking Army Attack and Defense, FP generation yield, and goods, it seems that if you dilute that with City defense boosting, people aren't going to rush to get a building that has both - it's NOT as compelling.

Again, coming off the Hero's Tavern building, which hit a BULLSEYE for beta players and I think will hit a bullseye for live players too, this event prize isn't of interest for me, nor do I think it will be for live players either I think this event will be underwhelming for them. I don't think the lure of "inventory futures" is enough to counterbalance that.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy : Yes, it's "somwhat" innovative. It further bifurcates the rewarding concept, (making something a "future" use inventory item which holds players in the game...). Nothing wrong with that strategy. However, because they "crossed the streams (Ghostbuster reference...) by blending Attack and City Defense boosts in the same building, it reduces appeal. Few are adding City Defense boosts especially at the expense of A/D for attacking army - because of the BONANZA GBG offers (offered).

Most people I've talked to rely on collect timing and obfuscation to protect their city buildings. Attacking armies are so strong now that doing an event for CITY defense event help is a waste of time. You can't defend against most armies, so why bother hunting for more city defense?

The players in the game are NOW so tuned to Attacking Army Attack and Defense, FP generation yield, and goods, it seems that if you dilute that with City defense boosting, people aren't going to rush to get a building that has both - it's NOT as compelling.

Again, coming off the Hero's Tavern building, which hit a BULLSEYE for beta players and I think will hit a bullseye for live players too, this event prize isn't of interest for me, nor do I think it will be for live players either I think this event will be underwhelming for them. I don't think the lure of "inventory futures" is enough to counterbalance that.

So you just consider the city defense bonus as non-existent (certainly how I evaluate it). Most event buildings only give attack or defense for attacking army, not both anyways (exceptions for eagle mountain and the recent heroes tavern). The value of the two versions does not hinge on their bonuses to your defending army.

Its more interesting if both versions have reasons to pick them, rather than loading up the bad stats on one version :p