• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2020

Rusje

Steward
I have a problem when I move my pointer from left to right (don't think it's intended)

Here is video of the issue

1.181.18ecbd04740 (09.06.2020 20:07), Rusje (159700), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Firefox/77.0, 1920x966, OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

Info about browser and game version

I'm really sorry there is no way to switch off this effect.

For those of you experiencing the wheel endlessly spinning, can you let me know which browser you are using (and version number) so we can try and reproduce?

Same problem here

My browser stats:

1.181.18ecbd04740 (09.06.2020 20:07), Fortruquedon (97891), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/81.0.4044.138, 1520x812, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I have a problem when I move my pointer from left to right (don't think it's intended)

Here is video of the issue

1.181.18ecbd04740 (09.06.2020 20:07), Rusje (159700), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Firefox/77.0, 1920x966, OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

Info about browser and game version
Thank you for the video. This effect is indeed intended and not a bug.

ffblackice

Farmer
Just noticed the Governor's Villa is the main event building, but I think Crow's Nest should be the main event building, I have much more insterest on Crow's Nest than Governor's Villa.
Not sure what other player's thinking.

Sinitar

Regent
Just noticed the Governor's Villa is the main event building, but I think Crow's Nest should be the main event building, I have much more insterest on Crow's Nest than Governor's Villa.
Not sure what other player's thinking.
Crown's Nest it was the primary building last year...now it doesn't the primary as the pirate ship 2 year ago

Umbrathor

Baronet
Now make that 15 Doubloons, and zero TCN's upgrades... This is exactly like when I spent 4K diamonds in the last event to get Colossus upgrades, and ended up with only 2! The programming of the odds in this Inno game SUCKssssssssss.
Every event that has a luck factor in it, people can get unlucky. Other than timing when you stop the wheel, there is no guarantee that you will get the golden prize UNLESS you have enough dubloons to keep spinning it until all other prizes are exhausted.

This event allows you to change the odds a bit by spinning the wheel ONLY when people from your neighborhood have already exhausted part of the bad prizes, and you have enough dubloons to keep spinning until you get it. And even then, a wily neighbor may snatch it from under your nose - or worse, renew the wheel when the gold prize is still there. [Those neighbors get a peppered PM].

So the programming does not suck - it is a design decision to include luck. You can of course dislike ithe fact that luck is involved, but the programming is not at fault.

DeletedUser8262

Yes if you need one advancement and win 3, once you collect your prize you then advance 2 places.

I had the same thing happen this morning, the 2 places that should have carried over didn't and so were lost. I contacted support who asked for a screenshot but without a time machine its impossible to take a shot of something that has already happened

Umbrathor

Baronet
At the end of the day a max level event buildings takes a lot of work, dedication, and/or real money. With that in mind they should be a building players can get excited about. When the current year's building is far less exciting than the previous year's building for the same event, Inno has failed its players. I am not saying every event the buildings have to get significantly more powerful, but give us something to be excited about and is worthy of the effort it takes to get to max level.
The result of the pressure to do so has led to fp inflation, the introduction of event buildings with higher attack bous for attacking armies and even defense bonus for attacking armies. The inflation is running rampant in my opinion, and I urge Inno not to keep that inflation going. So I providing some counter pressure against the push to give this building more of anything, provided that the building is balanced. Looking at the various analysis I've seen (esp. the comparison to sleigh builders), the building seems fairly balanced. I do not deem it very attractive due to its large size and lack of fp's, and I care little for even more random units from the age. But I know that attack bonuses are highly valued, with ony defense for attacking army rating higher. So this is a fine building for those who want that, seeing as it also gives units and goods.

So please do not improve it (much).

Also, the event allows us to collect Crow's Nest upgrades or kits, which is an awesome prize. It seems every event allows you to win a building that gives an attack bomnus for attackers, either as the new main prize or as a secondary prize from the earlier editions of that event. That seems like a good decision, and while the pirate ship gives an attack bonus, the ships are suffering from the inflation. So this update with units instead of fp's is a good variation.

Let's compare the two:
in FE, pirate ship gives 8% attack bonus, 4fp, 15 goods. It takes up 3x7=21 squares.
The Gov Villa gives 26%, 4 units and 40 goods on 6x5=30 squares. That's more than three times the attack bonus, 2,67 times the amount of goods and 4 units instead of 4 fp on roughly 1,5 times the # of squares. That's a bloody good improvement.

I believe that it should not be compared to the Bathhouse, which is unique. The Timeless dojo also comes from a different mechanic than events, but seems a valid alternative that CAN be acquired limitlessly in theory. So let's compare those. The dojo provides 1 unit, 4 fp, 5 goods on 3x3=9 squares. Three dojos roughly equal the villa in squares, and provide 3 units, 15 goods and 12 fp versus 4 units, 40 goods and 26% attack bonus. The villa seems like a much better deal than the dojo to me.

That comprison almost tempts me to ask the villa to be nerfed. : D

Definitely no improvement necessary.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I'm in SAAB and very unhappy with this event building since I need NOTHING offered by it.

Surely players in higher ages will agree with me (of course except our known trolls in this forum).

Sometimes I wonder if the trolls are being paid by INNO to distract from the real problems. Can I apply for the job? - joke ;)
It seems to me that you consider people who isagree with you trolls. My definition of trolls is people who provoke other posters, and use offensive / disrespectful language.

Neither job pays anything. ; )

Of course there are players who will not deem this building useful, as is true for every single building in the game. It is impossible to satisfy every player with every building, so that should not be the goal. As I just posted, I consider this building to be well balanced. Not interested in it much, just as you are, but it is balanced. That is the criterium or me. I am sure you will disagree, as that is another thing players tend to feel diferently about. Some will always want to see improvement, others want to keep inflation down.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Or maybe Inno will stop making such large buildings? For now, developers are trying to make larger buildings ... not long, we'll get a building the size of the town hall ...
Since it is a 5x6 building that doesn't give FP, we expect the remaining statistics to be better ...
Increase a little attack boost and increase getting units from this building...

The last event building that offered an attack in the attacking army was a winter event, six months ago. Since the beginning of this year, Inno has been giving us buildings to increase defense ... it's time to increase the attack now
The building does give an attack boost. It seems you are comparing nothing but the attack boost it gives in relation to the # of squares. It cannot quite be compared to the check mate square (and similar) since it also gives units and goods. When factoring that in, it is much better than the dojo (as I have calculated). It seems quite balanced.

I do agree with you that the developers seem to go for big event buildings. I deplore that, but I have to admit that events with smaller buildings like the altar gardens don't quite cut it either. To justify the ever bigger bonuses recent event buildings give, the size is the only factor that balances them somewhat. Still, I would prefer buildings that are manageable (like 4x4, 4x3, no bigger than 4x5) and stop the inflation.

Luke Stark

Marquis
spinning of the wheel is JUST an animation dude :] it has nothing to do what price you get :] the moment you hit SPIN is the moment the script takes care of the reward and the wheel is just a part of visual :]

Re: inflation: if you are going to have better and better buildings, ensure that there are penalties for having many of them in your city. Trouble is, like we're seeing with the Crow's Nest, a year after a building is introduced you can, without too much effort, get 3-4 copies of it in your city. I currently have 3 Collossuses, 3 thingies with the airship and more royal ships than I care to remember. All fully upgraded.

There should be either diminishing returns for having several event buildings of one type or stipulations on how they must be situated. E.g. one could ensure that a pair of Crows' Nests must be 100 squares apart (meaning the length of the shortest possible road connecting them must be at least 100 squares). That way, fitting all those buildings in will become a challenge.

Or maybe Inno will stop making such large buildings? For now, developers are trying to make larger buildings ... not long, we'll get a building the size of the town hall ...

Actually, I think buildings are too small. I'd like to see more buildings that are 8x7, 7x8, 8x8 or suchlike. Makes city planning easier. And why are there hardly any 6x5's bit lots of 5x6's?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
spinning of the wheel is JUST an animation dude :] it has nothing to do what price you get :] the moment you hit SPIN is the moment the script takes care of the reward and the wheel is just a part of visual :]
That is what INNO tells the players every year. And every year there are a couple of players that insist on being able to influence the result. I assume that these players are just exceptionally lucky...

DeletedUser10121

That is what INNO tells the players every year. And every year there are a couple of players that insist on being able to influence the result. I assume that these players are just exceptionally lucky...
I thought you used to be able to, but they changed it a few years back where you cant influence anymore

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So is the random production talked about in the early pages gone on this? (I don't see it listed in the rewards the building gives). This seems like quite a lackluster building - not so efficient at goods, some random units of little value, and some not-so-great attack boost. All combined with no FP.

Neylur

Farmer
About the ship wheel in the event screen: it moves/follows my mouse pointer... is there a way to stop that, makes me sea sick (without pun intended!!) can't play the event that way as every time I open the window, that wheel starts moving around as I move my mouse and have to close it asap to not puke

This is also happening for me ... but I don't remember it doing it last year??