• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2019

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Early observations - wheel prizes are a disappointment. Silver = 5 fps, a random BP - sorry not interested. Supposedly 1, 2 or 3 compasses per spin = 100% 1 compass - lol - why am I at all suprised.

LordTachikawa

Merchant
Okay, some initial feedback on the Summer Event after two days. I am not a fan for the following reasons.

1. There is NO strategy that I can see it is ALL based on luck. Boring.
2. No Daily Specials.
3. No choice of award types (as with frogs, urns, or soccer players on past three events)
4. If you are going to implement finding doubloons in incidents (I hope you do) I haven't seen any yet.
5. The Crow's Nest is not my cup of tea ... a 5x5 super wishing well? The fully upgraded Pagoda, Islos of Idols and Worlds Fair all give a nice level of a number of awards that can be counted on, and for less space.
6. I am new to the beta world, so in Bronze age, but even for bronze age where I have little, the prizes are not worth the effort. Collecting 24 fp or donate 30 goods to the guild treasury. At Bronze Age? For a slinger or 250 coins? Really?

The only positive feedback is that even at Bronze age I have managed to get a level 2 crows nest already, and have some hope of upgrading it to be useful here. Probably would not bother to rezz it in my real world, next time I have 5x5 to spare it is getting a Kraken :)

I'll provide more feedback later, would like to win one of the new decorations, I'll provide some more feedback after I win one or if I have anything else to report.

I really didn't like the Carnival Event, though have liked all the events since. But this event reminds me way to much of the Carnival event, and I don't find much to recommend it so far.

Amdira

Baronet
Early observations - wheel prizes are a disappointment. Silver = 5 fps, a random BP - sorry not interested. Supposedly 1, 2 or 3 compasses per spin = 100% 1 compass - lol - why am I at all suprised.
sry, got 1 lvl 1 ship and 2 upgrades til now and some stuff for the dealer ... that's ok :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
I am also not a fan of the luck thing. However, I could say that I managed to get a few II and III compass spins that landed me my first upgrade for the Crows Nest with what little doubloons I had to spin for such. Going to see how far up the chain I can go without having to spend for diamonds. Not going to sweat it since we got the Antiques Dealer and I can probably find such upgrades months down the line.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
W W does not give refined goods.
If this is the case here, it's a good building that does not depend on help!

DeletedUser10172

Having played this game for almost five years, I'd like to say that the summer event has always been the most interesting and rewarding of the year. This year appears to be even better, I have seen all the complaints and compliments here, I firmly fall on the side of praising the event. The Crow's Nest is a very attractive proposition, I have long since deleted all WW and my SV, but this reward is very different.

Before entering SA:M I had an excess of 25,000 pop, now I'm struggling to keep it over 1000 (it was 95 two days ago) and that is with all previous event buildings upgraded. So the argument that population isn't needed is overstated in the extreme. For those camping I understand population isn't important, but for those who progress population needs always need to be met.

No one should be relying on one building in any age in order to achieve their goals and I'm sure no one is, therefore the reward for the Crows Nest is perfectly acceptable, there are plenty of GBs that provide unpredictable rewards, but majority still place them, I'm including ToR, HC and Blue Galaxy in that list, no secondary bonus or medals... The chances of getting something useful from Crow's Nest far out way that of getting something "less useful".

I wouldn't like to see it changed from its current design, it is exceptional and although the footprint is large, that is part of the enjoyment of playing the game, working out just how you are going to fit it in... whether to delete something else or desperately scramble for expansions. Besides the main prize, the wheel at the centre of every summer event has got so many excellent prizes, and all the Daily specials you could want are available every day. I have seen the store building as a gold prize and most people won't want that, but some players will. The great thing is being able to refresh the wheel to get rid of it, this event doesn't feel rushed and the 4 ship upgrades already claimed in beta will be my main aim in my live world too, to have those ships plaguing my city, with help from the antiques dealer will be quite welcome.

In short, this game is about cumulative impact and small tweaks over time to get the best out of your city, The Crows Nest does nothing to damage this and will more likely enhance it. Rather than rip it to shreds within moments of release wouldn't it be more balanced to see how it plays out and then in the final week put the assessment to the developers, given they will still have 3-4 weeks to work on it before it hits live (if they decide they need to). I like reading all the feedback on the forum, but there seems to have been a huge overreaction to this building and event, without there being enough time to contemplate it.

Also the admin have always stated that they play this game regularly and to think that the employees wouldn't is simply bizarre, I can't imagine there are many vegetarian butchers.

sirblu

Baronet
Now it is a big expensive wishing well. It would be great if there are more permanent boosts. Why popoulation and coins again?

Many event buildings are now give population,that could cause problems with happyness.
My suggestions:
-Happyness as permanent boost or no population
-random unit(s) instead of coins/supplies
-random fragments of special buildings
I agree with this - Too much population that we must then cover the happiness and your more advanced players already have Habitats or IT's to provide population. If you are going to offer that much population then you need to add permanent happiness as well.

DeletedUser10172

Happiness is tied into plenty of event buildings, the sets just from this year all had happiness. I've always had so much excess happiness that I've always failed to understand how it can be so much of a struggle for players. I can only imagine they are ignoring too many buildings that would offer a solution, I'm thinking of the Classical Garden set or they have too many GBs. Balancing our cities is part of the what makes the game endure, hard decisions have to made on occasion.

DeletedUser1418

Thanks everyone for providing feedback on the feature.
We considered The Crow's Nest a strong new building, but the majority seems to disagree. Increasing the probabilities to get diamonds from 1% to 20% would make it unbalanced, so we don't think it's possible. Nevertheless, we'll make sure to forward all the feedback provided in this thread to the development team.
Diamonds 10%
Loose the coins and supplies
30% for the remaining 3 items (meds/goods/fp's)
That should be in par with wishing well output vs area, and make it slightly stronger overall copared to wishing well

While at it : 10% attack + defend bonus if motivated ;)

Queen Amaria

Steward
Happiness is tied into plenty of event buildings, the sets just from this year all had happiness. I've always had so much excess happiness that I've always failed to understand how it can be so much of a struggle for players. I can only imagine they are ignoring too many buildings that would offer a solution, I'm thinking of the Classical Garden set or they have too many GBs. Balancing our cities is part of the what makes the game endure, hard decisions have to made on occasion.

Your Inno Tower isn´t high? Who build decorations and have enough place for that? Some event buildings give the happyness which is need for their own population and not more. This new building said to me: put me in inventory or level up your alcatraz! I build it and also 6! Pirat Posts and: my town still cries :confused:
I only test here, but live I would not build it without happyness. The population is too high (in contempary age).

Feanor II

Baronet
Having played this game for almost five years, I'd like to say that the summer event has always been the most interesting and rewarding of the year.
The Cherry Event would disagree
This year appears to be even better, I have seen all the complaints and compliments here, I firmly fall on the side of praising the event.
Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion.
The Crow's Nest is a very attractive proposition, I have long since deleted all WW and my SV, but this reward is very different.
In what way?
Before entering SA:M I had an excess of 25,000 pop, now I'm struggling to keep it over 1000 (it was 95 two days ago) and that is with all previous event buildings upgraded. So the argument that population isn't needed is overstated in the extreme. For those camping I understand population isn't important, but for those who progress population needs always need to be met.
Agree population is still valuable. Level your Inno Tower.
No one should be relying on one building in any age in order to achieve their goals
No one is.
and I'm sure no one is, therefore the reward for the Crows Nest is perfectly acceptable,
The fact that we're not relying on one building doesn't mean a poorly-designed Event building is any less disappointing
there are plenty of GBs that provide unpredictable rewards, but majority still place them, I'm including ToR, HC and Blue Galaxy in that list, no secondary bonus or medals...
Fair point.
The chances of getting something useful from Crow's Nest far out way that of getting something "less useful".
IDK if 2:1 qualifies as "far outweigh", especially for a fully-leveled Event building.
I wouldn't like to see it changed from its current design,
Why wouldn't you want it to be improved?
it is exceptional
ROFLMAO.
and although the footprint is large, that is part of the enjoyment of playing the game, working out just how you are going to fit it in... whether to delete something else or desperately scramble for expansions.
The footprint isn't the problem, the production is.
Besides the main prize, the wheel at the centre of every summer event has got so many excellent prizes, and all the Daily specials you could want are available every day. I have seen the store building as a gold prize and most people won't want that, but some players will. The great thing is being able to refresh the wheel to get rid of it
Did Inno give you diamonds for this? This sounds like an advertisement, not an analysis.
this event doesn't feel rushed and the 4 ship upgrades already claimed in beta will be my main aim in my live world too, to have those ships plaguing my city, with help from the antiques dealer will be quite welcome.
If any buildings are "plaguing" your city, that's on you for poor city design.
In short, this game is about cumulative impact and small tweaks over time to get the best out of your city, The Crows Nest does nothing to damage this and will more likely enhance it.
Arguable. Little Wishing Wells can create the same overall effect and since they're smaller they're easier to build with (admittedly you do need more road connections). Also they're much more readily available. That's the kicker here. It's not that the Crow's Nest as it correctly exists is horrible; it's that it's subpar for an Event Grand Prize.
Rather than rip it to shreds within moments of release wouldn't it be more balanced to see how it plays out and then in the final week
Because we don't need three weeks to do basic math and express displeasure with the idea of an Event building having unpredictable productions.
put the assessment to the developers, given they will still have 3-4 weeks to work on it before it hits live (if they decide they need to).
There usually is not a 3-4 week window. In addition, they had to re-balance the Soccer Event after it went live because they didn't listen to the feedback here while it was running on Beta. We told them the Event was flawed, they didn't listen, and they had to hastily correct it when it was live.
I like reading all the feedback on the forum, but there seems to have been a huge overreaction to this building and event, without there being enough time to contemplate it.
It's not an overreaction, just an honest assessment.
Also the admin have always stated that they play this game regularly and to think that the employees wouldn't is simply bizarre, I can't imagine there are many vegetarian butchers.
It's not bizarre; a lot of people separate work from play in their life. The ones that do play are probably doing so casually simply to see how their code works; they don't understand the actual strategy and tactics. I don't think this point is even debatable after the release of the awful SA:M GBs. No one who's actually at that stage of the game would create those.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Having played this game for almost five years, I'd like to say that the summer event has always been the most interesting and rewarding of the year. This year appears to be even better, I have seen all the complaints and compliments here, I firmly fall on the side of praising the event. The Crow's Nest is a very attractive proposition, I have long since deleted all WW and my SV, but this reward is very different.

No one should be relying on one building in any age in order to achieve their goals and I'm sure no one is, therefore the reward for the Crows Nest is perfectly acceptable, there are plenty of GBs that provide unpredictable rewards, but majority still place them, I'm including ToR, HC and Blue Galaxy in that list, no secondary bonus or medals... The chances of getting something useful from Crow's Nest far out way that of getting something "less useful".

I wouldn't like to see it changed from its current design, it is exceptional and although the footprint is large, that is part of the enjoyment of playing the game, working out just how you are going to fit it in... whether to delete something else or desperately scramble for expansions. Besides the main prize, the wheel at the centre of every summer event has got so many excellent prizes, and all the Daily specials you could want are available every day. I have seen the store building as a gold prize and most people won't want that, but some players will. The great thing is being able to refresh the wheel to get rid of it, this event doesn't feel rushed and the 4 ship upgrades already claimed in beta will be my main aim in my live world too, to have those ships plaguing my city, with help from the antiques dealer will be quite welcome.

In short, this game is about cumulative impact and small tweaks over time to get the best out of your city, The Crows Nest does nothing to damage this and will more likely enhance it. Rather than rip it to shreds within moments of release wouldn't it be more balanced to see how it plays out and then in the final week put the assessment to the developers, given they will still have 3-4 weeks to work on it before it hits live (if they decide they need to). I like reading all the feedback on the forum, but there seems to have been a huge overreaction to this building and event, without there being enough time to contemplate it.

Excuse me, but what in the hell did I just read? I know I haven't played since after year one due to real life commitments and decided to come back only close to a year ago, but for me, it's been one hell of a roller coaster ride with Inno. Yeah, I used to think they were the greatest back in the day, but now after so much that has happened, my enthusiasm just nearly went away.

Again, as previously stated, Inno needs to make something that entices the masses into wanting to have it in their cities, not go "meh" and possibly keeping it in the inventory or maybe being sold off to the Antiques Dealer for something else that could be of use for them. Most players, and I am impressed at that, had compared nearly similar buildings and foot prints to provide a detailed feedback that should be submitted and looked into.

Coin is not useful for me (I am at the 70k per FP bit now with over 100 million in the bank in the beta server).
upload_2019-7-4_17-42-38.png
However, supplies, medals, and goods are always good for me as well as the occasional FP roundup. Attack and Defense modifiers are always great to have as well.

And to vegetarian butchers, they are simply the Produce Vendors.

Queen Amaria

Steward
Excellent. Inexperienced players that do not also own a calculator will be building it and experienced ones will be looting it :eek:. I think that is the best that can be said about it at this point
Absolutely ... together with Atlantis you can get up to 30 FPs by one looting. If the motivation priority comes far after the shrines, the chance is good. I would not build it that way, but love in the cities of my neighbors. Looters could get 200 diamonds with luck and Atlantis.