• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2019

Feanor II

Baronet
People don't like randomness :)
I have no problem considering mean values : for now it is an average 5FP + 18 goods + 1 diamond per day.
That's not bad, however it is not good for its size. The recent equivalent in size was the max level World Fair, 10 FP + 10 goods...

Considering the size cannot be changed (the art is done and beautiful BTW), you need to increase the rewards to 10 fp per day on average !

I admit I don't like randomness much, but I can live with it under the right circumstances. I just have an issue with this part:

CrowsNest.jpg

Himeji Castle is random as well but I have no problem with it, since it only gives useful stuff. If they get rid of the dead weight from Crow's Nest then it changes dramatically. I don't want to put in all this work for something that's useless 35% of the time.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
What changes would you suggest
I would also suggest to remove or reduce the happiness gained from the guard posts and instead increase the boosts to some extend...

Ritual flame has 8% defense boost, while the royal guard post has only 1-2% and it even has the same form factor... least of the players care for the happiness...

maybe have one of the three provide happiness, one 5% attack + defense boost and one 10% coin + supply boost

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Just another question, can the craw nest be motivated?
yes it can, but the random production seems independent of it

further questions would be:
- can it be plundered?
- if yes:
- is it prioritized to get motivated although it does not produce anything special as a base production
- if plundered, does the attacker get the random production? (Not, if it works similar to WW...)
- if plundered, can the plundered player still collect the random production? (also probably a no...)​

DeletedUser8214

Colossus - 4x4 - 6FP - attack boost
Winter Spire - 4x4 - 6FP - 15 goods

Crow's Nest - 5x5 ( 56% greater ) - (15FP once every 3 days) 5FP - (50 goods once every 3 days) 17 goods and 100 diamonds once every 100 days (sic!)
The rewards will be getting worse every time?

DeletedUser5097

yes it can, but the random production seems independent of it
Thnx,

Based on that knowledge. I would like to suggest not only to removal of coins/supp
from the random prod pool but how about if its motivated the coins prod would be
doubled and supplies will be produced next to the random stuff? Just an suggestion
for the final lvl perhaps.

DeletedUser

The prizes you "sail" to get - every event there was SoK and WW between upgrades first. Now - a bucket of paint and 50 FPs.

Main prize being very big and expensive to get WW, wheels being totally filled with crap on top of the crap - I would say you did worse event than last one, gladly it would take only 20 days.

Only thing I like is Ship upgrades. And those decos with attack boost - that is great idea, finally opportunity to get rid of useless ritual flames.

Nessie

Baronet
Crows Nest: Random production :( Of course it depends on the actual age but many players do not need additional supplies, coins, medals. Random production also means that it makes no sense for me to include the Crows Nest into the "Blue Galaxy-collection".
Random productions, GBs with x-%-chances... why do I not play poker instead? FoE dwindles since years more and more to a game of pure chance.

Last edited:

Fdm1407

Merchant
Medals, coins and supplies out and some kind of mix from the Kraken and Virgo in.............something like 2 or 3 enemy units destroyed before your next battle and i mean as a certainty not a chance.

In %'s, 33% for fp's, goods and destroy units 1% diamonds

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Is it refined or unrefined goods? I would assume it is refined goods, but I don't think I saw it clarified anywhere. Also, do you need an upgrade/reno kit for it or does it work as WW and levels up automatically?
The Fantom Wiki say "Goods received from this building are always one random good of the buildings age"
Ohhh....the possibility of plundering this building would be very ingenious !! :p
Here the Fantom WIKI say: "The building can be plundrered if it isn't motivated."

conqueror9

Regent
Thanks for providing your feedback.
What changes would you suggest to make The Crow's Nest more attractive?

basic...population ok, coins--not ok, change to add +15 attack and + 15 defend as it lit up sea-shore for defender to defend any income attack from sea

when motivated
1. 10% 100 diamond
2. 30% 50 fp
3. 30% 100 goods of "Crow Nest" age <--player still need to upgrade to current age when they up to another age
4. 30% coins ....no more supplies and no more medals

it will more attractive to me

How other player think ?

Emberguard

Emperor
Conqueror9, that’s one possible alteration.

What if it remained with the current output except the FPs (average of what we would be getting) were a daily set income and everything else was randomised? How would people feel about that?

Emm55

Merchant
Thanks for providing your feedback.
What changes would you suggest to make The Crow's Nest more attractive?
Where I play: I usually play in the iron age w a low level arc.
Size: This is too big. No way I'd build it.
Daily Prizes: I don't remember from the description, but you might want to mention the pop and coins up front. Those are good prizes for me.
Supplies, coins, and current age goods: These are no longer good prizes for me at the end of the iron age. I get enough of those elsewhere. What if you added a 10% chance at 5 goods from the next age? Now that would be a good prize!
Medals: This am't seems OK for players w/o an arc, but useless if you have an arc.
FPs: Nice prize, but I'd list it as 40-50% chance, else it's not worth it.
Summary: Too big. I'm not sure I'd build it even if it was 4 x 4 for the prizes you list. For me, I'd need the prizes to be a lot bigger to overcome the randomness of it. I much prefer choosing my own prize for different amts of time. That way you don't hate the building the majority of the time for giving you stuff you don't need. Also, if we get to pick the prize, it's a lot easier for you guys to design prizes.

Feanor II

Baronet
Conqueror9, that’s one possible alteration.

What if it remained with the current output except the FPs (average of what we would be getting) were a daily set income and everything else was randomised? How would people feel about that?

If the FPs were fixed and the WW portion of it was divided among the rest I'd be A-OK with that. Only thing is they should make sure to scale the FPs relative to the size of the building as compared to other Event buildings such as Colossus, World's Fair, and Winter Spire.

First off, it's not crap. It's not great, but it certainly isn't crap.
An average of 5FP and 16 goods per day for 5x5 is OK.
Lets forget about the BG boost because if I'm using a BG boost on this I'm losing the boost on one of my palaces, also 5 FP's but less goods.
I will be building this in my diamond mine cities, but with it's current stats it'll be something for me to sell to the antiques guy in my two live active worlds.
As has allready been mentioned in this thread, it's too late to change the size (at 4x4 this would be a very good building), but upping the percentage on FP's and goods by reducing the percentage on the others would help.
Maybe as it's a crow nests, used for spotting approaching enemies, a defence boost could be thrown in.