• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion: To get mobil players more into GvG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I´ll keep it simple:

Allow trusted players from guilds to send attached mail´s with:

Attack this sektor
Fill this defence spot
Put a siege on this sektor

This wont require mobil players to enter the GvG map, just the battle menu.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

Let's see...
Siege placement
  1. Trusted Member add a message in a guild thread for GvG with a new kind of Attachment that instead of GBs or Trades identify a sector at a GvG Map, and add a text like "Seige this XXX Era sector".
  2. Mobile using guild member open the attachment and the game opens the battle screen. Player select siege army (as per GvG Era), and pay the goods required.
  3. Sector Attachment change to a new status "Siege Active".
Conquer a sector:
  1. Trusted Member add a message in a guild thread for GvG with a new kind of Attachment that instead of GBs or Trades identify a sector (with siege active) at a GvG Map, and add a text "Attack this XXX Era sector".
  2. Mobile using guild member open the attachment and the game opens the battle screen. Mobile player select the army to use (as per GvG Era) and battle. If more battles are needed to conquer the sector, he/she returns to the message and click the sector attachment link again. (Edit: Or second battle can be started at the same battle screen?, without exit to the message thread to click the sector attachment).
  • Sector attachment status to remain "Siege Active" if more battles are required.
  • Sector attachment status to be "Siege Victory" when all battles to conquer the sector are won.
  • Sector attachment status to be disabled or "Siege Defeated" if the siege is defeated. (Edit: New attachment would be needed to set a new siege).

Place Defense Army:
  • Access to the Sector attachment while in Siege Victory status would allow Defense Army placement.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirSmithy

Squire
Let's see...
Siege placement
  1. Trusted Member add a message in a guild thread for GvG with a new kind of Attachment that instead of GBs or Trades identify a sector at a GvG Map, and add a text like "Seige this XXX Era sector".
  2. Mobile using guild member open the attachment and the game opens the battle screen. Player select siege army (as per GvG Era), and pay the goods required.
  3. Sector Attachment change to a new status "Siege Active".
Conquer a sector:
  1. Trusted Member add a message in a guild thread for GvG with a new kind of Attachment that instead of GBs or Trades identify a sector (with siege active) at a GvG Map, and add a text "Attack this XXX Era sector".
  2. Mobile using guild member open the attachment and the game opens the battle screen. Mobile player select the army to use (as per GvG Era) and battle. If more battles are needed to conquer the sector, he/she returns to the message and click the sector attachment link again.
  • Sector attachment status to remain "Siege Active" if more battles are required.
  • Sector attachment status to be "Siege Victory" when all battles to conquer the sector are won.
  • Sector attachment status to be disabled or "Siege Defeated" if the siege is defeated.
Place Defense Army:
  • Access to the Sector attachment while in Siege Victory status would allow Defense Army placement.

That’s not a bad idea! I pretty like it!

+1

DeletedUser8859

Sector Attachment status:
  1. To Siege: No siege active yet. No battles possible. (If Siege Army is defeated the status returns to this one).
  2. Siege Active - Siege Army and Goods paid. Battles are possible
  3. Victory - Sector conquered. Defense Armies slots can be filled.
Sector Attachments to use same colors used at GvG map to display sectors under siege/battle, conquered, etc.

DeletedUser7942

This is confusing to me so perhaps you can elaborate. Are you asking to run battles in the message system? Is that even possible? I mean I have no idea what the technical reasons are they could never get GvG to mobile, they always just say they can't do it, so they created GE instead. I do know when GvG was created they described it as something for the more active non casual type players, which I would hazard to guess are typically PC players, and for the casuals they could help donate goods and for the most part it seems to be designed just that way as you really don't need 80 GvG fighters to maintain a GvG presence. Also I get the feeling a lot of mobile players, if not the majority, are casual players so I think for the most part IG must feel the same way and they don't see the need to bring GvG to mobile even if they could.

idk, it's a strange world we live in, this kind of chasm between PC players and Mobile players. Seems now so many younger people are growing up strictly on mobile devices and don't even own a PC, which is kind of a shame to me, I've always loved throwing together a rig.

DeletedUser

@ TheSlayerofSloppyJoes

Browser player way to a fight i GvG:
Enter the first map, then enter the wanted age map, then find and enter the sektor.
Mobil players way:
They cant :( but they can use the battle menu (the one where you pick your units and then fight)

By mail attachments mobil players will be guided directly to the battle menu for the selected sektor, and skipping the GvG maps they dont have on mobil in the same time.

And the mail attachment will let them join the GvG sektor of the game.

But as you said, most mobil players might be casual players that dont play or want to play GvG, but still with the mail attachment they could help filling units in guild sektors (or fight)
The attachment will make that part easy for them, and mobil players probably have loads of units that could help the guild.

It will be a bit like the trade attachment, when the attachment are used players can skip the part of entering the marked, finding the trade. they can just just take it directly and save time browsing the marked.

The attachment´s would help other player´s too (PC/browser) many players dont wanna spend time doing GvG or going into the GvG maps to fill up, with this they can do it fast and without knowledge of how all the other GvG stuff works :)

Edit: It would actually help in this case too:
Player1: Hey M8 could u plz fill sektor 55,43
Player2: Im on mobil right now so i cant.
With the attachment player2´s answer would be:
Player2: Im on mobil right now, send attachment, and i´ll fill

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7942

Well, it's an interesting idea but even if they somehow could let us attach a sector to the message system and allow one to fight from it they would have to reopen the message for every fight so they wouldn't really be very effective though I suppose some fights is better than no fights. Laying resieges wouldn't work because of the having to reopen the message problem as well. But I suppose for filling it would be fine. Of course a part of GvG is watching/checking maps and catching sieges so this still leaves that out as well.

In the end all things considered I think at least a good try at figuring out some way for Browser/Mobile players to come together in direct action against another guild but I don't think Inno would do it, if they could even, as it only gives kind of a partial or truncated version of GvG to mobile players.

I think they should just come up with some new aspect of the game that satisfies the same elements that GvG provides that both Browser/Mobile players can partake in together, fully.

shad2389

Viceroy
i think they'll implement GvG on phone and tablet while programing HTML5
this is answer i got from suport :
I do not know if HTML5 will work on browsers on a mobile device at this time. As we get closer to releasing it I will test it further to find out.

DeletedUser7942

I do not know if HTML5 will work on browsers on a mobile device at this time. As we get closer to releasing it I will test it further to find out.
That answer sounds like gibberish, they don't know if HTML5 will work on browsers on a mobile device? What the heck does that even mean? lol

Not sure how you can draw from that they're even thinking about trying to bring GvG to mobile just because it's HTML5 now. I don't know anything about programming so I don't know why that would make a difference anyhow.

Regardless I can tell you this from experience, and you can go to the Q&A videos and see for yourself, but IG, like any other company, never likes to say no to the customer, so they'll typically always respond to wanted features and changes with some sort of string-a-long non answer like "oh, we can certainly see about that, it would great if we can do that" blah blah blah and it never comes to fruition. They did this exact thing in like every single episode when people asked if Treasure Hunt would come to mobile, ultimately we saw what happened with that.

shad2389

Viceroy
well i asked support cause i heard that it would be coming to mobile and that's what they answered me so like you said it may or may not be coming to mobile but i'd love it if it would lol it would bring more fun to GvG cause we'd have more warriors a lot of mobil users are constantly asking me if it will come only thing i can answer is what suport answered me

DeletedUser

That answer sounds strange, as far as i know HTML5 has been on mobil FoE for a long time, much longer than the latest testing of HTML5 on browsers.

DeletedUser7951

That answer sounds strange, as far as i know HTML5 has been on mobil FoE for a long time, much longer than the latest testing of HTML5 on browsers

Sorry, but the HTML5 version is (being) optimized for desktop devices :). Mobile optimization is not on the TODO list at this time.
Users of the two largest mobile systems - Android and iOS - are provided with apps that we constantly work on

Prior to the HTML testing I've never managed to get FOR to work on my mobile browser. Only on puffin browser which isn't the same.

But to have a proper way to play GvG for mobile players would be great.

DeletedUser7942

Prior to the HTML testing I've never managed to get FOR to work on my mobile browser. Only on puffin browser which isn't the same.

But to have a proper way to play GvG for mobile players would be great.
Regarding that Bryfft comment you cited, I wonder if that was the same sort of thing regarding that odd response shad2389 posted, would make more sense that way but it still doesn't pertain to GvG anyway just that they are not working on optimizing their game that gets utilized by browser apps on mobile devices.

DeletedUser8859

Are you asking to run battles in the message system?
No. I'm suggesting that clicking on a new type of attachment, will open the GvG battle screen, where the player then can place a siege army or start a battle for the sector.
Similar to clicking on a GB attachment that currently open the GB screen to allow a FP donation.

DeletedUser7942

No. I'm suggesting that clicking on a new type of attachment, will open the GvG battle screen, where the player then can place a siege army or start a battle for the sector.
Similar to clicking on a GB attachment that currently open the GB screen to allow a FP donation.
right an attachment in the message. so what happens after a battle? I would assume like every other battle you are removed from the battle map so then what happens? Wouldn't they then have to reopen the message in order to get to the attachment in order to fight again?

DeletedUser7942

oh, btw, found out today that 77% of FoE players are mobile players which pretty much confirms why we haven't and won't be seeing any GvG development so I would give up the ghost so to speak.

DeletedUser8859

right an attachment in the message. so what happens after a battle? I would assume like every other battle you are removed from the battle map so then what happens? Wouldn't they then have to reopen the message in order to get to the attachment in order to fight again?

It has been a long time since I battled GvG. The last two or three years have been plating in phone app. And I'm not just a casual player, I do a lot of things in the game, run multiple cities, keep a top 300 ranking in my main world, just no GvG because it is not available.

Now, if using a PC Brower and fighting to conquer a GvG map sector, a player would
  1. Select the GvG button, select the desired Era Map, determine sector to attack.
  2. Select "View Sector", which opens the army management screen.
  3. Select army to attack sector (assuming siege is already set).
  4. Start battle.
At the end of the Battle, where the game send the PC player?
* To the GvG Map? Need to select View Sector before start next battle?
* To the army selection screen? Where the player may change units and start next battle?

In my proposal, originally posted to return to the message system to open the link again, then later edited to be able to start a second battle without exiting to the message system. Return to the screen displayed after "View Sector" would be better.

DeletedUser

Just to clarify, we are not supporting our game on browsers on mobile devices, and we never have. Just because players found a way to use Flash emulating browsers on mobile devices to play our game in the past, does not necessarily mean that will even be an option after the full switch to HTML5. It might work, it might not, but either way we only support our app for mobile devices.

DeletedUser7942

At the end of the Battle, where the game send the PC player?
It takes you back out to the map> click view sector> unit window> attack

It's still an interesting idea though I don't think they would ever do it. GvG is going the way of Treasure Hunt as they'll look at it they'll say the same because as more and more mobile players crowd out the PC player base that will equate to a smaller and smaller % of total players utilizing it which becomes the justification for getting rid of it.
77% of FoE players are mobile players

DeletedUser8859

It takes you back out to the map> click view sector> unit window> attack

OK, then my suggested attachment should be equivalent t the View Sector and have the effect to display the Unit Window, where the player would select army to attack and then battle. After the battle the intention is to attack again until sector is defeated, so if battle cant go back to unit window directly then the solution is to get back to the message system (equivalent to going to the map), search for the attachment (equivalent to go to the sector), click o the attachment to get the unit window.

Hope they find a way to incorporate GvG to a future version of FOE in mobile, or find something to replace it in both (browser and mobile) systems. I enjoy GE, but it is not a full replacement for GvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.