• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion: New Age: Center of the Earth Exploration

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8859

After exploring the complete continents, exploring the Artic in several parts, and after six (6) parts of Oceanic Future. Why not go to the Center of the Earth? To continue looking for the Atlantis?
  • Build city underground to actual one? Starting with a 12 or 16 expansions lot beneath our city at an underground level?
  • New expansion purchased after that can be selected to placed above or below level?
  • A tunnel to be connected from a road piece at side of Town Hall vertically to the underground level and then all roads at the underground level must be connected to the vertical tunnel to be able to work?
  • Or a smaller Town Hall like building for the lower level without the vertical tunnel requirement? This second Town Hall does not need to give coins / FPs daily, just serve for the requirement of start of all roads connections.
    • Maybe the Temple of Relics, Tower of Babel or just Statue of Zeus could serve as the "Town Hall" if relocated to the Underground.
  • I would like to move the Temple of Relics, Terrace Farms, Fountain of Youth, Shrines, Statue of Zeus, Witch Doctor, Bazaars, Caravansaries, Oasis, Oracle of Delphi and other similar ancient/low tech looking buildings to the Underground level to separate them from my upper eras/future looking buildings that would remain above. To me it looks odd to have and Arc and a Temple of Relics side by side. It would be also out of place to have The Observatory underground, right?
  • I would set buildings to have a new characteristic: availability for construction or relocation at
    • Normal (Current) Level only,
    • Underground Level only, or
    • Both levels.
  • Maybe find Ragu Silvertongue as the new Boss of the Underground and fight against him for the new provinces there. He said he would be back ages ago. Bring back Princess Micena as quest giver too to clash against Ragu?
Open for discussion.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Sorry for the spoiler. But you must be already seen a lot of "spoiling data" in "Game Discussion" where conversation include things from Eras beyond Progressive Era.

Not...really. I don't look at everything on this forum. I check event spoilers mainly, because events in Elvenar tend to coincide with those here, and it's nice to know in advance how much time I should bother spending on either game's events. I do my best at avoiding era spoilery stuff. :p

Space is freezing, and we have gone there.

This made me laugh, and for some reason, I read it in Dr. McCoy's voice.

grin yolk.png

DeletedUser8859

The sticking point regarding dinosaurs in your idea was this:
Now, while I've a life-long love of dinosaurs (my first choice of career was paleontologist), this is fantasy.

Animals (mostly mammals, but also others) have been trained to help humans in multiple tasks, including in military operations:
  • Calvary: Horses, Camels, Elephants (by Hannibal Barca and others), others?
  • Transportation: Donkey, Ox to carry loads, pull wagons
  • Intelligence: Messenger / Carrier Pigeons
  • Special missions: Dogs for security, rescue, and attack missions, Dolphins & sea lions trained for rescue missions or to locate underwater mines
  • Space Travel: Monkeys, dogs sent to space by Russians, and other animals being part of experiments at the Space Station
But yes, I agree, bring back extinct species to life like in Jurassic Park movies, and then be able to train them for military purposes (Jurassic World), is (still) fantasy.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Never an intention to insult. My apologies.

I didn't think you meant to be, but it's easy for people forget that they don't know the life experiences of the people on the other side of the screen. :)

But anyway, your idea...

Would you be open to something like a map adventure? Or maybe something similar to the GE, but as a questline? Let's just assume for a moment that the Atlantis idea could be adapted...

Ok, I have to run for a bit, but I have a proposal, but I'll have to work on it when I get back...

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Ok, what if we went with the obvious? No center of the Earth, but as an island, as Plato described.

2018-10-05.png

Now...imagine for a moment that there are three hidden islands. The adventure starts as a choice in the Daily Challenge. You're given a question with a set of answers and if you choose the correct answer, you win a special token. You're directed to look at the World Map, and only then do you see the three islands. Chose one, and embark on an adventure. One island is Atlantis, but whether the island you chose is depends solely on your actions. The Atlantis Adventure can be completed three times; after the third successful adventure you unlock special content or win something unique or something of the sort. If it turns out that you are on one of the other islands, you still have an adventure and win stuff, but nothing like the Atlantis storyline. Each time the Atlantis Adventure is done, it takes more time and the difficulty increases, but so do the rewards. Now...as long as you have the token, you can get back to the island you were on, in the event you can not complete the adventure in a straight run. You keep the token until you complete the adventure.

Conversely, the island you click is Atlantis, and after completing the third Atlantis Adventure, you unlock one of the other islands, which turns out to be Avalon, or Shangri-La, or any number of other semi-mythical lands or islands. Each new island adventure must be completed three times before the next island is unlocked. Of course, it could always be Avalon (or whichever) you start out on, and Atlantis is the final island, the ultimate goal. Because then, it could turn out to be not an island but a continent, and then the really big stuff happens.

Anyway, it's just a thought. :D

DeletedUser8859

Great suggestion, I loved.

Use of DC as launching point, not unlocking a tech, or due to completing a certain quest in the regular timeline. Start of 1st Adventure at 1st Island depending on a successful DC brings randomness to when we can accomplish this, but any player (with DC unlocked) could receive the challenge.

The 24 hrs time limit of DC impacts the winning of the special token, not limits the completion of the adventures.

Question: The start of the 2nd and 3rd adventure in same island …
  • To be at Player choice (similar to start of GE Level II after completing Level I)? (special token is valid for the 3 adventures at 1st Island ) or
  • Depends from another successful DC granting a token ? (need 3 special tokens to finish 1st island)?
Question: After completing 3rd Adventure at 1st Island, the 2nd Island is unlocked, then ...
  • Need a new special token to start 1st Adventure at 2nd Island? or
  • First special token is enough for the whole group of adventures / islands?
Question: The Islands will show on Continent Map... the Scout function will be involved to get to 1st Island, later to 2nd and 3rd island?

Because then, it could turn out to be not an island but a continent, and then the really big stuff happens.

Then: Completing 3 Adventures x 3 Islands become a Phase I of this proposed game feature, and opens a Phase II with higher level of difficulty / tasks / quests / better rewards.

Question: Special rewards in these Phases I and II, to be unique like GE Rewards?
  • I mean, like Sky Watch or Terrace Farms only available through GE, Atlantis rewards to be new buildings or stuff only available though successfully completing Adventures on the Islands.
  • Other smaller rewards here may be coins, units, FP packs, goods packages, etc. for completing certain milestones within an adventure.
New Accomplishment to show progress in the feature similar to the GE related "You call this Archeology?" or "He Chose Wisely"?

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Thank you. :D

Use of DC as launching point, not unlocking a tech, or due to completing a certain quest in the regular timeline. Start of 1st Adventure at 1st Island depending on a successful DC brings randomness to when we can accomplish this, but any player (with DC unlocked) could receive the challenge.

The 24 hrs time limit of DC impacts the winning of the special token, not limits the completion of the adventures.

Exactly.

Question: The start of the 2nd and 3rd adventure in same island …
  • To be at Player choice (similar to start of GE Level II after completing Level I)? (special token is valid for the 3 adventures at 1st Island )

Yes. The idea is that not everyone is going to be able to complete the whole adventure in one sitting. Real life needs to be taken care of, and someone who has already won the token for that adventure shouldn't have to win it again and start the adventure over.

Question: After completing 3rd Adventure at 1st Island, the 2nd Island is unlocked, then ...
  • Need a new special token to start 1st Adventure at 2nd Island?

I think that's open...if the player wishes to start the second island immediately after finishing the first, they can. If they wish to take a break before starting, they can but after 24 hours they would need to solve another DC for a token. The good thing is though that they've already unlocked the second island, they wouldn't have to start over on the first. After completing the second island, again, you can start right away, or you can wait and solve another DC later for the token for the third island.

Question: The Islands will show on Continent Map... the Scout function will be involved to get to 1st Island, later to 2nd and 3rd island?

No scouting necessary. That takes time, or diamonds if you want to speed it up. I'd rather just cut that part out.

Then: Completing 3 Adventures x 3 Islands become a Phase I of this proposed game feature, and opens a Phase II with higher level of difficulty / tasks / quests / better rewards.

Yes. Phase III would conclude on Atlantis Ultima.

Question: Special rewards in these Phases I and II, to be unique like GE Rewards?
  • I mean, like Sky Watch or Terrace Farms only available through GE, Atlantis rewards to be new buildings or stuff only available though successfully completing Adventures on the Islands.
  • Other smaller rewards here may be coins, units, FP packs, goods packages, etc. for completing certain milestones within an adventure.

Yes.

New Accomplishment to show progress in the feature similar to the GE related "You call this Archeology?" or "He Chose Wisely"?

Yes.

Over the course of the entire adventure the player collects certain items that will be sacrificed later for one of the last prizes to be won. We both love dinosaurs, and this was your idea to begin with, so I suggest some sort of "Shrine of the Dragon Queen", which would be either a massive** sculpture of a female T-Rex, or the reconstructed skeleton of one. **Massive in the sense of when we first see it, not in the sense of its footprint when placed in a player's city.

:)

if anyone knows the "Sanctuary" tv series, you could call this the "Hollow Earth" age ;) And, in that tv series they had many many very advanced techs that we do not have on the surface ^^

DeletedUser

Ok, what if we went with the obvious? No center of the Earth, but as an island, as Plato described.

View attachment 3365

Now...imagine for a moment that there are three hidden islands. The adventure starts as a choice in the Daily Challenge. You're given a question with a set of answers and if you choose the correct answer, you win a special token. :D

Pardon if it's only my bad English... but doesn't that sound familiar? Like... let's see... THE VIKING OUTPOST? :D

You know - special adventure, special Island, special prizes... repeatable...

But even if not - I like it a lot :)

DeletedUser8859

If the Viking Outpost they seems to be working on, ends as a new type of game feature (not an event or Era), then the Atlantis Adventure could be a next one.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Pardon if it's only my bad English...

Your English is fine. :)

but doesn't that sound familiar? Like... let's see... THE VIKING OUTPOST? :D

You know - special adventure, special Island, special prizes... repeatable...

Not at all. Viking Outpost isn't an 'adventure' per se, it's doing things we're already doing in the game. This isn't. And you can only do it three times. Plus, from the looks of it, the Viking settlers are coming here, and we have to work with them; we're not going off to investigate Iceland or Greenland, or anywhere else Vikings settled in order to find a passage to Valhalla without dying in the process. (Although, now that I have written that out, I think I would prefer that we were.) :p

If the Viking Outpost they seems to be working on, ends as a new type of game feature (not an event or Era), then the Atlantis Adventure could be a next one.

Yes! I believe the Atlantis idea could be streamlined to fit that. :D

Emberguard

Emperor
As far as age/era possibilities go, I like the idea of exploring underground. However, that doesn't mean we have to add a new area to the city. We went to the sea (ocean) and still remained on land xD

Status
Not open for further replies.