• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion: New Age: Center of the Earth Exploration

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8859

After exploring the complete continents, exploring the Artic in several parts, and after six (6) parts of Oceanic Future. Why not go to the Center of the Earth? To continue looking for the Atlantis?
  • Build city underground to actual one? Starting with a 12 or 16 expansions lot beneath our city at an underground level?
  • New expansion purchased after that can be selected to placed above or below level?
  • A tunnel to be connected from a road piece at side of Town Hall vertically to the underground level and then all roads at the underground level must be connected to the vertical tunnel to be able to work?
  • Or a smaller Town Hall like building for the lower level without the vertical tunnel requirement? This second Town Hall does not need to give coins / FPs daily, just serve for the requirement of start of all roads connections.
    • Maybe the Temple of Relics, Tower of Babel or just Statue of Zeus could serve as the "Town Hall" if relocated to the Underground.
  • I would like to move the Temple of Relics, Terrace Farms, Fountain of Youth, Shrines, Statue of Zeus, Witch Doctor, Bazaars, Caravansaries, Oasis, Oracle of Delphi and other similar ancient/low tech looking buildings to the Underground level to separate them from my upper eras/future looking buildings that would remain above. To me it looks odd to have and Arc and a Temple of Relics side by side. It would be also out of place to have The Observatory underground, right?
  • I would set buildings to have a new characteristic: availability for construction or relocation at
    • Normal (Current) Level only,
    • Underground Level only, or
    • Both levels.
  • Maybe find Ragu Silvertongue as the new Boss of the Underground and fight against him for the new provinces there. He said he would be back ages ago. Bring back Princess Micena as quest giver too to clash against Ragu?
Open for discussion.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

Center of the Earth Goods:
Plenty of options for minerals to be found underground.
  • Precious stone like materials, (not Iron Age Jewels or the most wanted Diamonds), but maybe Ruby, Saphires, Agate, Aquamarine, Tourquosie, etc.
  • Maybe an energy related material (other than Gasoline and Gas)
  • Maybe another related to the Biolight to illuminate our way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Quests:
Some maybe inspired in Julius Verne's novel and include:
  • Greva Darn: negotiating with underground civilizations,
  • General Grivius: fighting against dinosaurs or not previously discovered species, recruiting units, fight for sectors against new found underground civilization
  • Fernikus: build things to deal with lava and other environmental hazards, produce water, food and needed resources,
  • Rinbin: He will have no trouble to bring fun and mischief
  • Main quest line:
    • Bring back Princess Micena as quest giver?
    • New explorer as Quest giver?
    • Main quest line be about conquering the underground world and eventually find that the main boss there is Ragu Silvertounge, not to face him at the first or second province but gradually getting hints who is the real king there. Then to battle him for the most of the era.

DeletedUser8859

Buildings:
New level of difficulty: Not all buildings to be available for construction or relocation to the underground area.
  • New buildings of this era of course to be available for the underground level, and maybe at underground level only.
  • Option to relocate certain buildings from the current level to the underground. These will be available to be built at any level. Including:
    • Temple of Relics and every GE themed building like Terrace Farms, Fountain of Youth, Tribal Square, Ritual Flames, Face of the Ancient, Gate of the Sun God...
    • Ancient looking buildings like Status of Zeus, Oracle of Delphi, Tower of Babel, Shrines (all), Watch Fires, not sure if the complete set of Bronze Age buildings (Spear fighters barracks for GvG? Blacksmiths for the Daily Challenges asking for XX productions of 5 minutes?)
    • Desert Themed buildings like Bazaars, Caravansary, Oasis, Ziggurat, Palm Tree..
    • Jungle Themed buildings: Witch Doctor, Hut..
    • Maybe the Tropical Themed buildings too: Luau, Pole House, Fishing Hut...
  • Other buildings to remain only available to the current above ground level.
  • However: If an existing building above ground is relocated to the underground it can not go back to the above ground level.
A new button to change the screen to the underground level will be required, similar to the buttons to switch to the Tech Tree, Market or Army Management.
New expansion purchased after opening the underground level can be selected to placed at any level (if space for that expansion is available).

DeletedUser8859

Town Hall
Some type of connection to the Town Hall will be needed.
  • Option1:
    • A vertical tunnel (2x2?) from the underground level to connect to the Town Hall. Then all roads at the underground level must connect to the tunnel to work properly.
    • If Town Hall is relocated above the ground, then the vertical tunnel have to be relocated and reconnected to have underground roads connected again.
    • The vertical tunnel could function as a "port" facility to upload new special good harvested here to the above ground level. It could be expanded (upon unlocking another tech) to allow more material transfer per day. Expansion will require growth to 3x3(?).
  • Option2:
    • Set a GB to function as the Town Hall of the Underground level (for road connection only, no additional coins or FPs from this second "Town Hall")
    • Options: Temple of Relics, Tower of Babel, Oracle of Delphi, or Zeus. And (why not?) Atlantis Musseum
    • If this option is selected no need for the vertical tunnel.

DeletedUser8859

Military Units:
  • Trained raptors and other dinosaurs like in Jurasic World film (2015)?
    • Fast: A flying dinosaur
    • Light: Raptors
    • Heavy: T-Rex
  • Exploring and Excavation machines equipped with laser / sonic weapons?
    • Short Range: All Terrain Vehicle with Laser or blast weapon?
    • Artillery: Tank like Excavator with sonic cannon?

DeletedUser8859

Cultural Buildings:
  • Atlantis culture buildings / ruins
  • Caverns / Cave Entrance
Decorations:
  • Crystals formations
  • Fosils

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Open for discussion.

Okay...

This getting into the realm of fantasy. Atlantis isn't a factual historical place...at best it's conjecture and the product of Plato's vibrant imagination. Sure, we can argue that Santorini or a handful of other possible locations were the basis for Plato's myth until the sun swells up and swallows us, but there's no evidence that truly supports the claims.

The idea itself could be great for a fantasy-based game, but Forge of Empires is based on actual history.

And...even if I had been on board with it, you lost me with the dinosaurs. Sorry. :eek: :(

DeletedUser5097

Atlantis isn't a factual historical place...at best it's conjecture and the product of Plato's vibrant imagination. Sure, we can argue that Santorini or a handful of other possible locations were the basis for Plato's myth until the sun swells up and swallows us, but there's no evidence that truly supports the claims.
Do you mean this one, or the Atlantis musseum OF GB?

• Build city underground to actual one? Starting with a 12 or 16 expansions lot beneath our city at an underground level?
  • New expansion purchased after that can be selected to placed above or below level?
  • A tunnel to be connected from a road piece at side of Town Hall vertically to the underground level and then all roads at the underground level must be connected to the vertical tunnel to be able to work?
Wasn't it a suggestion on itself before to build a few buildings underground?:p
Quests:
Some maybe inspired in Julius Verne's novel and include:
  • Greva Darn: negotiating with underground civilizations,
  • General Grivius: fighting against dinosaurs or not previously discovered species, recruiting units, fight for sectors against new found underground civilization
  • Fernikus: build things to deal with lava and other environmental hazards, produce water, food and needed resources,
  • Rinbin: He will have no trouble to bring fun and mischief
  • Main quest line:
    • Bring back Princess Micena as quest giver?
    • New explorer as Quest giver?
    • Main quest line be about conquering the underground world and eventually find that the main boss there is Ragu Silvertounge, not to face him at the first or second province but gradually getting hints who is the real king there. Then to battle him for the most of the era.
Dino's... lost worlds underground, it reminds me of Teraswoop force :D anyways it would be
intressting to finaly get Princess Micena back. She already have OF and VF skins, so why
not?
Military Units:
  • Exploring and Excavation machines equipped with laser / sonic weapons?
    • Short Range: All Terrain Vehicle with Laser or blast weapon?
    • Artillery: Tank like Excavator with sonic cannon?
Mechanic dino's like the robotic seamonsters of OF are good, but
''real'' living dino's... I'm afread that it's going a bit to deep into fiction,
sorry. For Elvenar it could work.
The exploration machines equiped with wappons is realistic. Since
your not prepared for a conflict and might giving it wappons in a rush
and later it's in underground warfare a good thing to have warmachines
able to dig their own way.
Atlantis culture buildings / ruins
Atlantis theme park like the OF GB?
Caverns / Cave Entrance
Makes sense and is kinda intressting
Decorations:
  • Crystals formations
  • Fosils
Sounds good

Anyways the concept of underground age is decant intressting. Since some caves
are not explored yet. While I would like to explore it, I think we first have to take down
the entire VR world before we can get back to earth.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Do you mean this one, or the Atlantis musseum OF GB?

I've seen that program before, as well as many others, but the fact remains that while several actual locations and civilizations may have served as the basis of Plato's stories, there is no factual "Atlantis".

If this could be done as an optional Outpost event, like the Viking Outpost we've been discussing, then I would be more open to the idea. But as an Age that we're forced to participate in if we expect to advance in the game, I'll pass on that.

DeletedUser8859

Thanks WykkenFenn and drakenridder for your opinions, both well written. Some reply:
  • Fantasy vs actual History:
    • Yes, Atlantis is within fantasy, I love fantasy & science fiction genres from Julius Verne, J.R.R. Tolkien, CS Lewis, Orson Scott Clarke, Stephen King, George R R Martin, Stephen Donaldson, Piers Anthony, Robert Jordan and many others. But
      • we got the Atlamtis Musseum, and a King Kong decoration to mention a few fantasy elements in FOE.
      • and have Zeus and Oracle of Delphi which links to mythology.
      • FOE have been going in the "Future and Virtual Eras" which we can debate if it falls or just partially falls into science fiction.
  • Dinosaurs
    • were mentioned due to the original "Journey to the Center of the Earth" film of 1959, based upon Julius Verne novel of the same title, were a group of explorers travel to the center of the Earth descending into Snæfellsjökull, a volcano in western Iceland and exiting through another in an island near the south of Italy. Among their travel underground they find dinosaurs and the ruins of Atlantis.
    • A more recent movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth" of 2008 do not show Atlantis ruins, but presented aquatic dinosaurs and a T-Rex.
    • The original J. Verne novel included several; dinosaurs species and a man-like ape, or an ape-like man; but no Atlantis.
    • We got a "Jurasic Park" inspired quest by Greva Darn when you build The Zoo in PME.
  • Buildings underground:
    • There is a separate Game Discussion thread on the topic of Underground expansion area.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I love fantasy & science fiction

As do I, which was why I said your idea could be great for a fantasy game. I'd probably be all up for it then. My whole...not issue, really, is just that I've read here in the past that since FoE is a reality-based game there wouldn't be things like aliens or time-travel and things of that nature. But anyway...

Mythology is part of human culture, so statuary or GBs of a mythological nature are not out-of-place in a reality-based game.

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" film of 1959, based upon Julius Verne novel of the same title, were a group of explorers travel to the center of the Earth descending into Snæfellsjökull, a volcano in western Iceland and exiting through another in an island near the south of Italy. Among their travel underground they find dinosaurs and the ruins of Atlantis.

Yes, I know, I saw the movie as a child. Not that you had any way of knowing this, but I have Scandinavian ancestry, so I know a bit about Iceland. I found it ironic that you felt the need to give a wiki link for Iceland to someone with a Loki avatar. :p

I've got three techs left in the Progressive Era, and haven't bothered looking at anything up ahead because I wanted to be surprised when I got there. So the things you mentioned I was not aware of. :eek:

A more recent movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth" of 2008 do not show Atlantis ruins, but presented aquatic dinosaurs and a T-Rex.

Yeah...saw that. Brendan Fraser fan for some reason.

The sticking point regarding dinosaurs in your idea was this:

Military Units:

Now, while I've a life-long love of dinosaurs (my first choice of career was paleontologist), this is fantasy.

I'm not sure why you're bringing all of that up though. From my perspective, it doesn't matter what anyone is doing in movies, books, comics, documentaries, whatever, because dinosaurs (while having actually been alive) have been extinct for some 65 million years, and Atlantis as presented by Plato and done to death by Hollyweird, are outside the scope of this game.

This is just how I feel about it, which, in the long run, makes no difference at all. Because if Inno actually decided to implement your idea as an actual Era, it would be so far in the tech tree that I'd probably never reach it anyway. ;)

You're not alone in your quest for Atlantis, by the way...

@Supreme on Oct 6, 2015 said

"its ATLANTIS!!!!

In the future they have discovered the fabled lost city and so begins a mad rush to uncover all its secrets :)"

Dessire

Regent
no... the game must have enough eras to reach to something like "sky future" where all buildings are floating in the sky (clouds under buildings and clear sky as roads?( the continent map could be something like the VRF continent map) then after that era must come something like an post apocaliptic era where buildings in the sky era fell down because the technology that let buildings float in the skye failed so now you can build semi-destroyed buildings of the sky future but in the ground. after that post apocaliptic era a new era where humanity resurge with better technology must come, that era could be an era where humanity try to develope technology that will let them explore the space or an era that let them explore the "earth" under they feet that let them discover a new rare material that let them investigate a new technology to creat spaceships in order to explore the universe "space future" after space future humanity could meet 3 types of alines, each one with unic thecnology, you must choose one and now you'll be able to build things with the design of the chosen alien civilzation buildings. choosing one can gives you some advantages that the other 2 don't have.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
no... the game must have enough eras to reach to something like "sky future" where all buildings are floating in the sky (clouds under buildings and clear sky as roads?( the continent map could be something like the VRF continent map) then after that era must come something like an post apocaliptic era where buildings in the sky era fell down because the technology that let buildings float in the skye failed so now you can build semi-destroyed buildings of the sky future but in the ground. after that post apocaliptic era a new era where humanity resurge with better technology must come, that era could be an era where humanity try to develope technology that will let them explore the space or an era that let them explore the "earth" under they feet that let them discover a new rare material that let them investigate a new technology to creat spaceships in order to explore the universe "space future" after space future humanity could meet 3 types of alines, each one with unic thecnology, you must choose one and now you'll be able to build things with the design of the chosen alien civilzation buildings. choosing one can gives you some advantages that the other 2 don't have.

Ok, but what has your post to do with the discussion of @Darrth Eugene Vader's proposed idea?

DeletedUser

Along with Tomorrow Era we've lost connection to the actual history in this game. And since then we are loosing it more and more (I'm still disgusted with these awful ninja turtles and medusas :/). So... why not centre of the earth?

But most probably in centre of the earth there is nothing more than hot lava and more of hot lava. So maybe inventing some materials that are capable of not melting in it and establishing kind of "hot lava" civilisation, like in AF and OF, but certainly not alive dinosaurs (and I do like dinosaurs, but come on...).

But if Inno really would like to stick to some kind of reality based era, the simplest choice would be space era, with all these spaceships and Mars colonies.

DeletedUser8859

I've got three techs left in the Progressive Era, and haven't bothered looking at anything up ahead because I wanted to be surprised when I got there. So the things you mentioned I was not aware of. :eek:

Sorry for the spoiler. But you must be already seen a lot of "spoiling data" in "Game Discussion" where conversation include things from Eras beyond Progressive Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.