• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion: Make the Observatory great again

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Reasons:
- Nowadays it is much easier to get an Arc than an Observatory, which not only produces tons of more goods, but also has a great secondary effect
- even if you play GvG, the defense boost of the Observatory to the sectors is neglectable in view of all the attack boost options given by other GB and buildings

What could change:

As it is a guild GB
- it could give guild power with the daily harvest
- the guild level could get elevated for each 10-20 cumulative levels of Observatory in the guild (e.g. 10 People each have an Observatoy at level 5 --> Guild level gets elevated by 2-5 Levels)

What ideas do you have?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

I am all in favor of modifying the Observatory to make it worth while. The increases in population the owner receives is really worthless (my opinion). I offer this idea. Since as the name implies, Observatory, why not replace the population increases with city defense increases at each level up akin to the St Basil Cathedral and the Deal Castle. And keep the getting of blueprints for the OBS the same. This way younger cities can hope to defend against those higher level combat GBs (Zeus, CdM, and CoA) by having the ability to have three city defense GBs (not including the Terracotta)

Observatory ? Population increases?

• Please explain the relationship.
  • The Observatory does not increases population.
  • Tower of Babel, Capitol, and Innovation Tower increase population.
Current Observatory's rewards are:
  • Guild's support pool contribution
  • Goods of the player's current era (every 24 hours) to the Treasury.
Are you suggesting to replace the Observatory Guild's Support Pool contribution for a Player's City Defense Boost %?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7889

Apologies, I got confused. Yes, I was referring to the Observatory (OBS) Guild's Support Pool be changed to City Defense. The reason is simple. It seems almost everyone favors the ARC over the OBS for several reasons as well as the Guild's Support Pool. I have even found myself selling off my OBS in cities where I have very a high level ARC in order to place a more productive building in my city. I guess what I am trying to say is, make the OBS worth keeping in your city. Heck, why not just add a city defense percentage to the OBS?? If you keep the Guild's Support Pool aspect, then have a lower City Defense percentage. Regardless, something needs to be done to entice players to want this building. And as a side note, the Oracle of Delphi is cute, but definitely NOT a keeper.

DeletedUser9994

It would be really cool, if you could choose which era goods the Observatory produces for the guild treasury.

Status
Not open for further replies.