• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestion: Make the Observatory great again

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Reasons:
- Nowadays it is much easier to get an Arc than an Observatory, which not only produces tons of more goods, but also has a great secondary effect
- even if you play GvG, the defense boost of the Observatory to the sectors is neglectable in view of all the attack boost options given by other GB and buildings

What could change:

As it is a guild GB
- it could give guild power with the daily harvest
- the guild level could get elevated for each 10-20 cumulative levels of Observatory in the guild (e.g. 10 People each have an Observatoy at level 5 --> Guild level gets elevated by 2-5 Levels)

What ideas do you have?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Miepie

Baronet
I've once placed an idea on my language forum to add guild power to the Atomium. No responses whatsoever so I figured not a lot of players cared. Although I still think it's a good idea. At least Observatory still works for your defence pool and isn't too big. Atomium on the other hand is huge and only offers happiness as second boost.

DeletedUser8859

No agree to tie / limit the guild level growth to the number or levels of the Observatories in the guild.

+1
To improve rewards of the Atomium, i.e., replace Happiness second boost for another reward: Guild Power? GvG defense pool?

I understand the no responses.
  • People build an Observatory first. Level up gradually maybe up to 10.
  • Later manage to get an Arc. Level up until level 80.
  • A few may consider deleting the Observatory after having the Arc, but most leave it at the city, it is just a 3x3 with a road piece, it helps the guild pool also.
  • Atomium? Too big, no additional Happiness needed (Alcatraz plus roads keep happiness under control), already funding the Treasury with Observatory, Arc and with direct donations to meet a DC or other quest, or by my own decision to donate to specific era goods the Treasury is needing now.
  • No need or care for the Atomium, close to Notre Dame in the list of less loved GBs.

We got LOA and RAH with same type of rewards main differences RAH is bigger than LOA, and since RAH is of higher era than LOA the rewards per level increase differently.

The Observatory and Atomium could be changed similar to the LOA / RAH, same rewards, different size, growth rate of GvG defense pool provided by Atomium per level be aligned to the GB era.

DeletedUser8859

- the guild level could get elevated for each 10-20 cumulative levels of Observatory in the guild (e.g. 10 People each have an Observatoy at level 5 --> Guild level gets elevated by 2-5 Levels)

• If as alternative way to increase guild level? +1
  • If only way to pass to a new level? -1

SirSmithy

Squire
No agree to tie / limit the guild level growth to the number or levels of the Observatories in the guild.

+1
To improve rewards of the Atomium, i.e., replace Happiness second boost for another reward: Guild Power? GvG defense pool?

• A few may consider deleting the Observatory after having the Arc, but most leave it at the city, it is just a 3x3 with a road piece, it helps the guild pool also.
  • Atomium? Too big, no additional Happiness needed (Alcatraz plus roads keep happiness under control), already funding the Treasury with Observatory, Arc and with direct donations to meet a DC or other quest, or by my own decision to donate to specific era goods the Treasury is needing now.
  • No need or care for the Atomium, close to Notre Dame in the list of less loved GBs.

We got LOA and RAH with same type of rewards main differences RAH is bigger than LOA, and since RAH is of higher era than LOA the rewards per level increase differently.

The Observatory and Atomium could be changed similar to the LOA / RAH, same rewards, different size, growth rate of GvG defense pool provided by Atomium per level be aligned to the GB era.

Why delete Obs or Atom, if they provide you daily ranking points without any efforts? ;)

Andi47

Overlord

+1

GvG defense pool is pointless (well, maybe except in Iron and Medieval Ages to repel tiny guilds which only have people from low eras) - most people have Zeus, Aachen, CdM and Terracotta*). So nowadays it is quite easy to conquer a fully deffed HQ. And in higher ages? The Support "Factor" is in fact a support DIVISOR, so if you have a larger territory in a higher era, an obs will increase the defense of an outer sector by maybe one or two %, or even less.

*) and in higher eras it is almost impossible to fight for GEX levels 3 and 4 without having these LBs at high level.

Observatory and Atomium are pointless in Arctic Future and above. There are no GvG maps in these ages, so the AF-, OF and VF-Goods are used only used for GEX. Many guilds have HUNDREDTHOUSANDS of goods in the treasury, so why keep Obs and Atomium? Many of those are deleted after reaching AF.

DeletedUser8859

Why delete Obs or Atom, if they provide you daily ranking points without any efforts? ;)

Atomium is a big Modern Era GB taking 7x6 space. More daily ranking points can be achieved with a higher Era building(s) that at the same time would give the player other benefits more aligned to his/her strategy / playing style. Atomium gives happiness, but as cities are developed and Alcatraz gets higher and higher, the need of other Happiness providing buildings reach zero or near zero. Roads support happiness too, and set buildings built thinking in their FP production and attack/defense bonus also give additional happiness

Arcs provides better Treasury funding and due to the other Arc benefit most players seek to get Arc to level 80. Controibutions from Atomium become not worthy of the space its takes.

Observatory due to its small size (3x3) get extended life, and the second rewards is unique and better than happiness.

Just as an example: A player manages to get the 9th BP for a Terracota Army or Himeji Castle. Arrange in the guild a deal for the VF goods needed, now needs space to built it. Sees Atomium in a corner and Arc plus Observatory at another side? What would happen?
  • Delete Atomium (7x6 more than enough for any of the TA or HC)? That sounds like a good plan.
  • Delete Observatory. 3x3? not enough space.
  • Delete Arc? If he/she nuts????
  • Leave the Terracota Army (4x6) or Himeji Castle (6x6) on hold, until next expansions are unlocked?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9975

Atomium at lvl80 gives 1050 VF goods that is 35K ranking points per day + 27K happines beacuse u need it when u have 140K+ population. Don't just look at your game style.

DeletedUser8859

How many Atomiums you see around at Level 80 at VF Era?
How many Arcs you see around at Level 80+ you see at VF or any other Era? do the Arc give better numbers than Atomium?
How many players in the top 10 or 25 of the world/server still got the Atomium at the city?

There are many ways to play this game, in a few of them the Atomium may be a key; I would say in a very few.

Amdira

Baronet
Why not change goods from Observatory spent to guild treasury to goods from previous age (from EMA on), as these are also required for releasing level 2 in GE?

DeletedUser8859

Why not change goods from Observatory spent to guild treasury to goods from previous age (from EMA on), as these are also required for releasing level 2 in GE?

Daily Challenges asking for Goods payment from your stock from current and/or previous era already exists, a different kind of challenge.

There is no current Challenge for "goods from Observatory spent to guild treasury". Besides, that challenge would be impossible for players without an Observatory.

DeletedUser9410

I have to say i agree with most of what's been said here.

I remember in my earlier years of playing the Obs was the be all and end all of guild gb's, most guilds required you to have 1 or get it asap. Today i think most dont even see it. In newer worlds the Obs still has a place and a role to play, but only until Arc's are put up.
Today its just Arc's, everyone wants one ( if they have some common sense ) The Atom i liked because i felt it looked cool, although i agree it's Way too big for what it gives. When i get my TA or H Castle my Atom sadly will be 1st on my delete list.

Amdira

Baronet
Daily Challenges asking for Goods payment from your stock from current and/or previous era already exists, a different kind of challenge.

There is no current Challenge for "goods from Observatory spent to guild treasury". Besides, that challenge would be impossible for players without an Observatory.

Sorry - maybe it's my bad english why you seemingly misunderstood me. I mean that the observatory could give goods from previous era to guild treasury INSTEAD of goods from current era. That would probably make it more attractive to build or even keep beneath the arc.

DeletedUser9975

How many Atomiums you see around at Level 80 at VF Era?
How many Arcs you see around at Level 80+ you see at VF or any other Era? do the Arc give better numbers than Atomium?
How many players in the top 10 or 25 of the world/server still got the Atomium at the city?

There are many ways to play this game, in a few of them the Atomium may be a key; I would say in a very few.

When u want to play war game Atomium with happines comes very handy 150K+ population need to be happy :) +points from donating dosen't hurts

DeletedUser5097

GvG defense pool is pointless (well, maybe except in Iron and Medieval Ages to repel tiny guilds which only have people from low eras) - most people have Zeus, Aachen, CdM and Terracotta*). So nowadays it is quite easy to conquer a fully deffed HQ. And in higher ages? The Support "Factor" is in fact a support DIVISOR, so if you have a larger territory in a higher era, an obs will increase the defense of an outer sector by maybe one or two %, or even less.

*) and in higher eras it is almost impossible to fight for GEX levels 3 and 4 without having these LBs at high level.

Observatory and Atomium are pointless in Arctic Future and above. There are no GvG maps in these ages, so the AF-, OF and VF-Goods are used only used for GEX. Many guilds have HUNDREDTHOUSANDS of goods in the treasury, so why keep Obs and Atomium? Many of those are deleted after reaching AF.
Exactly, I think the best sollution for this, is a higher cap of suport pool. The max 75% bonus doesn't hold any1 in
a high age. I'm not sure wich higher caps from wich GvG age could solve this, without making it completly impossible
to play GvG for the avrage player (while this is unlikely). I think for the All Ages map, it would be a good start if this
is at least equel to the GE lvl 4 bonus of the highest age. Afterall are this single fights and most end-game players
have very high att GBs. On top of it All Ages was designed for end-game as was pointed out that naturaly guilds
would move on over time to end-game units on this map and so Inno wouldn't have to add GvG maps for each
new age.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I do believe Obs need a little bonus to the owner. It can, as guildleder, be very hard to make young guildmembers find place to an Obs.
If I look at the early levels GB and what young ages need, Fierce Resistance could be a choice but Population, Supplies or Happiness could also be a choice.

Miepie

Baronet
A guild GB doen't need a personal gain (although appreciated). Obs are great in lower ages. If a small player doesn't want to support his or her guild by building one, and putting a few fp in it, than he or she isn't a real asset for the guild. Idea of a guild is that you give to it and receive from it. Players who do not want to give, behave like paracites and won't be missed when you kick them. Problem with the Observatory and Atomium is, now they become a bit obsolete when a player reaches Arctic.

DeletedUser5097

I do believe Obs need a little bonus to the owner. It can, as guildleder, be very hard to make young guildmembers find place to an Obs.
If I look at the early levels GB and what young ages need, Fierce Resistance could be a choice but Population, Supplies or Happiness could also be a choice.
I favor the fierce resistance for lower ages. Since atm through normal game play
its relative achieveble to get your hands on Zeus and CoA quickly both providing you
attack bonusses. Making eurly PvP much in favor of the attacker.

Yet I think due the designe of the ob this is unlikely to happen, but it would be
in my oppinion a good thing for the game ballance in the early gameplay. However
as for the GvG problems pointed out by the topic starter, I strongly believe in a
higher support cap in higher age GvG and especialy in the all ages GvG, for the
last one it may should be programmed that it will allow for higher max defensive
bonusses whenever a new age is relleased.

DeletedUser7889

I am all in favor of modifying the Observatory to make it worth while. The increases in population the owner receives is really worthless (my opinion). I offer this idea. Since as the name implies, Observatory, why not replace the population increases with city defense increases at each level up similar to the St Basil Cathedral and the Deal Castle, as well as the Guild pool and the collection of goods for the Guild Treasury donations. And keep the getting of blueprints for the OBS the same. This way younger cities can hope to defend against those higher level combat GBs (Zeus, CdM, and CoA) by having the ability to have three city defense GBs (not including the Terracotta)

Status
Not open for further replies.