• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Amdira

Baronet
What I want to express is - with the current setup you aren't allowed a single mistake - you will have to play it straight to one of the plans worked out by some - we needed half time of the event to figure out how it works and some didn't - on live servers players won't have the time to figure it out and they will be punished for making the same mistake as I did - spending too much PoGs in the first run on managers - and then they will face the same problems - being stuck with 3 manager tasks for days etc. - not everyone is reading hundred of pages in the forum, watching videos or having a beta player in his guild.

I'm fine with not having the complete set here on beta, because I made mistakes in the beginning, but I would like to have the chance to get it on live server - and not only me, but for every active player.

Sinitar

Regent
Believe it or not, but - as I stated earlier - I'm one of the lucky ones who can be ingame 12h/day and more - I'm about to finish 5th run now and received 5th piece of set today. I spent a LOT of time into this event - and still I see no possibility - except spending diamonds - to get the full lvl2 set in time. So I just can imagine how hard and impossible it might be for working ppl who can't spend as much time as me. Up to now every event building could be achieved by what you call casual players - but with this setup it isn't.
man,here you cannot gain the full celtic set..but you can test how you can collect all the pieces in server live...
I understand how win so,what's your problem?or which part you haven't got understand?
before the changes you were got more ways...now for me there's only 1 way and it's that:
-Spend 710 pots in managers x 5 stage 710 x 5 = 3550 +100(?) for the 6th stage
  • festival,shipyard and flowers manager at level 3(140+140+120)
  • hats and cake manager at level 1(10+30)
  • drinks and fireworks manager at level 2(120+150)
-Complete the stage within 4 days(don't start the next stage if it doesn't pasted the time required to have more chance to open the chest at 2 stage)
-Complete 34 tasks x 5 stage + 5 in the 6th stage =175 task done
-Open the chests 4 times of 5 stage(at 1,2,4 and 5 stage or 1,3,4,5) 1900x4 = 7600
Total cost approximately 11250 pots
-You gain by:
  • gran prize at 1,4,7 = 3 kit selection
  • chests 4 times = 4 kit selection
  • tasks-event = 1 kit selection + 2 pieces
Total pieces = 10 = full level 2 celtic set

Sinitar

Regent
What I want to express is - with the current setup you aren't allowed a single mistake - you will have to play it straight to one of the plans worked out by some - we needed half time of the event to figure out how it works and some didn't - on live servers players won't have the time to figure it out and they will be punished for making the same mistake as I did - spending too much PoGs in the first run on managers - and then they will face the same problems - being stuck with 3 manager tasks for days etc. - not everyone is reading hundred of pages in the forum, watching videos or having a beta player in his guild.

I'm fine with not having the complete set here on beta, because I made mistakes in the beginning, but I would like to have the chance to get it on live server - and not only me, but for every active player.
some mistake they can allowed but they gain max 9 pieces of 10 and it doen't have much difference...Even with 7 pieces it has acceptable because the upgrades will be updated from moon gate and rings

DeletedUser8743

I do not consider myself only a casual player. And I certainly invest more than an hour each and every day, no exception. But quests take more than couple hours and if you can't come here during a day, THIS particular event in impossible to do. Other events were possible. (I stated before I did ALL events including the -by everyone - cursed carnival)
If your guild leader will have this full set lvl 2 for free, that all the power to him, he's better than me and I freely admit it. I simply can't (truckers in Canada work 14 hours/day and there is not enough time after, when I need to sleep a bit). Oh I can on beta - to buy what I need. But not for free.

5 runs in 20 days is doable, but one run every 4 days is not (and that is not the same). That's what I'm trying to say and that's what many people do not want to hear. (approx) 2600 pots per 4 day run (incl. chests) = 650 pots/day. You can't make that, not each and every day to keep with the progress.

But whatever, you clearly think that players who can't put 5-6-7 hours a day into this game do not deserve the prize, so I don't deserve it. I will still play it, CASUALLY, keep those few pieces I'll obtain in the inventory and in a year or two I might get the remaining pieces from antique dealer. That's another (easier) solution, rather than fixing broken event.
I agree 5 in 20 is not the same as one run every 4 days. I agree if you can't burn through the quests fairly quickly initially that POG will be tight. You do only need to open chests on the last 4 runs. So that gives 8 days to build up the 1900 POG for the 1st full chest opening. The runs don't actually take anywhere close to 4 days so they don't have to be evenly done. The first couple runs could take longer and then you make up time on the last runs when POG isn't as tight.

Personally I'm doing more runs with fewer chest openings strategy at least on beta. This run I'm completing will be the first where I open chests.

DeletedUser8743

You need to be efficient but you don't need to be perfect. Mistakes/issues I have had include:
1) Doing my collection (still half a sleep) before I realized the event had started). Lost several hours waiting on incidents for the 5th quest.
2) My 1st two runs I leveled up the festival/ship managers too high. Made the runs significantly faster but at the cost of POG.
3) I encountered a game bug twice that cost me a total of 5 or 6 hours of shamrock collection.

I still think I'm on track to get a full lvl 2 set assuming this new alternate task list doesn't cause me more issues. The strategies provide a small pad for POG mistakes and they don't include POG from incidents. Over 11 days left so I should have plenty of time and I caught up on the event quests yesterday.

DeletedUser8743

Then they need to change somewhere else. Doubling fillers is a very dangerous precedent. As far as I know it's never been done before.
I don't recall double fillers either. However, has there been an event where there are 3 ways (event quests, tasks, chests) to get main prize pieces?

Feanor II

Baronet
I don't recall double fillers either. However, has there been an event where there are 3 ways (event quests, tasks, chests) to get main prize pieces?
Virtually all of them (questline, event currency redemption, league prizes). In some cases four (daily special), though that has pretty much gone away the last couple years

zlobnyj bot

Squire
started a new circle. The first thing I noticed was that two tasks were crammed by managers almost from the start of the game.
the second is a ship multiplier at level 250. Hooray!
1581192355072.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser8743

Virtually all of them (questline, event currency redemption, league prizes). In some cases four (daily special), though that has pretty much gone away the last couple years
Forgot about leagues but that's a pretty new feature for events and most events don't have leagues. Even for those that do, you generally have to finish in the top 5% to get a single piece of the main prize.

DeletedUser1418

I don't think this deserves an answer, but perhaps you can help me by telling me how do I do that. Commute to work 45 min, working hours 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Could you, please, enlighten me when and how can I (should I) find the time?
Again, this is a 24x7 game, not Playstation or XBox. I'm not your secretary either. I will also not be able to finish a complete lvl 2 set, but I won't complain about not having the time to play. That sir, is your choice

DeletedUser9778

lots of work for sure, but I'll be able to get 8/10 easily, still miss 2 upgrades (which I don't really need), one I'll get tomorrow and the 8/10 is sure to get as for the last mission and I'll have about 10days to get another 2 ups to complete lv 2 set but it's a lot of manual work.
After I did this here on Beta, will be such a pain to do it again on live but we are talking about a good set in the end, indeed it's a set, I hate sets, such a mess to move and find a good position but good if you want more of the same building event, you can reuse some parts but it's not the case for this event, I can barely get a full set

Sinitar

Regent
Now the old and new tasks have an alternative the stage...
I mean that the old task will be encounter in stage 1,3,5,etc while the new tasks in stage 2,4,6, etc...
Now I understanded what was writed by Dudetas

Last edited:

coolyfooly

Squire
Its not that hard to do on multiple worlds either, 1 day you are getting your ships and fest to lvl 250, then 2 days you afking till you reach 8.4aa then redo, as u only need to do it max of 6 times, being 3 days each time leaving u with 2 days left to spare.

Aeshma

Merchant
It is pretty clear to me the direction this game is going. The settlements are not for people with lives but are easy to ignore. Now this event, which is not possible if you can't be online at least once a day and even then it seems you have to be on more than that. All other events could easily be done by people with lives but I guess they think everyone is either retired, disabled, a layabout, or someone with a phone surgically attached to their hand. I used to look forward to events and tried to be online more if possible for them but now I see I should start playing other games since I am not part of the demographic Inno is catering to. Sad but life goes on.

coolyfooly

Squire
Settlements dont have to be done in certain time to get the upgrades for the main building just the side ones. Meaning u can take a month to do it u still be able to progress in them. And for this set like I wrote up top does not require that much of your time. And you dont have to get each piece to lvl 2 Standing stone does not have to be lvl 2 for example its not really worth it imo.

jtrucker

Baronet
-Spend 710 pots in managers x 5 stage 710 x 5 = 3550 +100(?) for the 6th stage
  • festival,shipyard and flowers manager at level 3(140+140+120)
  • hats and cake manager at level 1(10+30)
  • drinks and fireworks manager at level 2(120+150)
-Complete the stage within 4 days(don't start the next stage if it doesn't pasted the time required to have more chance to open the chest at 2 stage)
-Complete 34 tasks x 5 stage + 5 in the 6th stage =175 task done
-Open the chests 4 times of 5 stage(at 1,2,4 and 5 stage or 1,3,4,5) 1900x4 = 7600
Total cost approximately 11250 pots
-You gain by:
  • gran prize at 1,4,7 = 3 kit selection
  • chests 4 times = 4 kit selection
  • tasks-event = 1 kit selection + 2 pieces
Total pieces = 10 = full level 2 celtic set

This sounds like a good plan and I really thank you for that. I will try it on live and will see if I'm successful. With opening chests at 1-3-4-5 I should have enough gold, because the most difficult is the 2nd run - you burned through the initial amount and don't have enough stockpile.
One more question - are you sure that you don't get stuck at 3 managers task OTHER than those you've listed? I really want to believe it, so I'll translate this strategy and give it to my guildmates and tell them than any slight deviation from it is at their own peril. What a lovely event :eek:

This sounds like a good plan and I really thank you for that. I will try it on live and will see if I'm successful. With opening chests at 1-3-4-5 I should have enough gold, because the most difficult is the 2nd run - you burned through the initial amount and don't have enough stockpile.
One more question - are you sure that you don't get stuck at 3 managers task OTHER than those you've listed? I really want to believe it, so I'll translate this strategy and give it to my guildmates and tell them than any slight deviation from it is at their own peril. What a lovely event :eek:
1CCX and I both have had similar strategies from the beginning, so while I don't know this person, I can vouch for 1CCX's list above. I have been trying to a lot of fast runs in this testing experiment, but even I myself did the chest after getting Quest 45 completed.

So the fast runs I have done are between 16-30 hours (my view is currently at Grand Prizes #9, #10, #11 so I was the one adding the new grand prizes to Fandom). Even the 30 hours ones are with Managers at 3 and even one time with Shipyard Manager at 2, but with the new "even task list" and "odd task list", the key difference is higher cost of PoG per town now.

So the chests become even more important to do...the hybrid strategy is now a literal requirement, I believe.

Cheers,

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa