• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10346

I am caught up with the questline, after 2 more days I get the +1400 PoG milestone
@1620Pog right Now and waiting...
I opened all 6 chests in thee 1st 2 runs.
I have 4 kits in my inventory currently.

Uriach

Farmer
Hi all, I have never been on Beta before, even if I keep informed what’s next. As I read that the next event would be a mini-idle-game I was very curious and exited, since I like idle games a lot and have played many of them. I made a beta account and tried it out. Here are my considerations (many of whom have been given, in a form or another, by many other beta players):

• About the idea to introduce this sort of minigame in FOE:
    • Nice Inno, that you tried something new, but for me it will be quite a fail on live
    • There is already much to do, this event is too much work
    • It will go well only with players who can dedicate some time to the game, who has restraints timewise will be left out quite a lot
    • Its counter to what FOE is about (a steady flow). Here you must be online quite a lot at certain times otherwise you fall behind
    • The schedule to get all pieces at lvl 2 is not for the casual or semi-casual player
    • The event is not forgiving, since there is only 1 real goal, the set, there are no dailies, usually players can choose if they are interested in the final prize, the dailies or in both, this time there is only a final prize, far too fizzle to reach and the resources are low in such a way that already little mistakes at the beginning can compromise the entire event
    • The game has no clear vision of a path, its not straightforward, but you have no resources to try around
  • The game itself is likable, more so for a player who loves idle games, BUT has some mayor flaws:
    • Usually a idle game that resets at a certain point gives a INGAME vantage the next time, so the next iteration is more smooth. Giving nothing is a NOGO, its only grind. Even the settlements give the steady grow of the multiplier. Possible rewards:
      • Starting with a manager, so the more iteration you do, the faster you can start
      • A global multiplier: so you can start faster
      • A second free chest or a lower price of the chests, so you can get them later
    • I have NEVER seen a Idle-game that forces you to spend a resource that you cannot regain in game and that is limited by design. It would be like capitalist adventure that forces you to spend money to progress! Usually who spends money (or scarce resources) has a time advantage, but this minigame forces you to spend it only to play the game (I’m looking at you, managers). More so as I’m forced to spend the PoG for something absolutely irrelevant as managers of Factories that are already obsolete for the game (but even if not relevant). That’s absurd and spoils much of the fun. I can’t go and spend and enjoy the game since the progress could hinder future runs. The purpose of the game is to get tasks or to make runs at the chests or both. For both paths I need to progress and to use the managers, but I can’t do that freely. For me the biggest fail of this game.
    • The 3 final tasks are a joke by themselfes: ultra hard and with no reward!
  • The beta server:
    • you want us to test? Than give me the tools (a reset button for the whole event with the PoG resettet too).
    • Don’t let me do the tutorial, without the 18 initial quest that at least give me some FP to play with. The second quest is to spend 7 FP, that means that as a new player I can only do very little (ON BETA!!!!) and I have to wait, first to get to the event, second to do the quests necessary to get the resources (PoG) to play the event, I have no PoG since I can do almost no quest since im new and have to wait for the resources; seems quite absurd, you want me to test the event or not?
    • Accelerate the game at least in Bronze Age so new players can test properly.
    • Even when I join after the event begins, why do I not receive any diamonds? Am I a second class player or what?
Conclusion:

Dear Devs, it’s a mess!!! If as a player I have to invest too much time or have to do all things right (and that’s not easy) only to get the price (perhaps), than that is a waste of my time and I will not play the event (even if I like the minigame itself).

Look at this example:

as a player I try the game, I farm all quests and the first dailies, that’s 200+3500+150+750=4600 than I begin to play the minigame and buy all managers (because I think it’s necessary to progress and because even by the completion of the tasks I’m forced to spend PoGs for them). That would be a whooping 4330 PoG. After than I come to the chests where I see that I would have needed the gold to buy more than just the first 3. Well I start over and see: the SAME town, where I have to buy ALL again (with PoG) I don’t have anymore. So I have to wait for the daily PoG (login and daily quest) just to progress through the game, being stuck by most manager tasks, with almost no chance to get the full set at this point without spending huge amounts of diamonds. Spending should be something for the impatient or greedy players, not for only playing the minigame.

I can tell you, if this would have happened to me on live servers I would have bypassed the rest of the event, and probably would have deleted my FOE account altogether.

Do the right thing:

• First give a sort of advancement after completing a town, so it’s a real progress and not a start over again in the exact same fashion.
  • Managers for shamrocks ( raise the price of the chests if necessary but the managers have to be affordable everytime), at least the first 2 levels or the levels asked by tasks.
  • Make clear that a new town is no progess but a BIG reset, so everything spend is lost (except the tasks), make it very clear from the beginning (with a popup everytime you spend PoG on the minigame)
  • Give the last 3 tasks some sort of reward and a reward even for completing them all

DeletedUser9797

I think the following option can be improved. Players can get the Forest Kit after opening 6 reward boxes but the next town starts from 0 again. I suggest to make these number - 6 opened reward boxes - as the sum of opened reward boxes which is not connected with the new town. For example, if the player opens 6 free boxes he needs complete 6 towns. If anybody prefers to open faster he'll use gold. So I think it is reasonable if we have the sum of opened boxes which is not 0 when we start the new town.

DeletedUser10025

what is the ideal level for festival (250?) and shipyard manager (250?) to collect 8.4aa shamrocks in the most fastest way?

An option to skip a task would provide more flexibility to the game play, and make achieving the full set without diamonds much more do-able.
Upgrading Hat, Flower, Cake and Drink managers past level one is a waste of POG's but has to be done to avoid blocking the later tasks.
Having a choice to skip these would mean having to do more run throughs, but it introduces more choice for players rather than having a set routine that must be followed to achieve the full set.

While I wait to test/confirm the time for the specific strategy above, I thought I should at least explain my rationale below.

First, I'm going to overlay the list of tasks as that helped to grasp the big picture (with some added information on my part).

List of Tasks:

1 Hire a Manager
2 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 25
3 Collect 50k Shamrocks
4 Hire a Festival or Shipyard Manager
5 Build a Flowers Factory
6 Upgrade Your Festival Manager to level 3 <have to; will cost 40 & 80 PoG; 120 PoG combined>
7 Upgrade buildings 50 times
8 Collect 1m Shamrocks
9 Build a Cake Factory
10 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 50
11 Hire a Manager to automate Your Cake Factory
12 Transport 250m Goods with the Ship
13 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 100
14 Upgrade Your Flower Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; will cost 40 PoG>
15 Upgrade buildings 50 times
16 Generate 1b goods from your Factories
17 Build a Drinks Factory
18 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; will cost 80 PoG>
19 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 50
20 Upgrade buildings 50 times
]21 Upgrade Your Hat Factory Manager to level 3 <have to; will cost 20 & 30 PoG; 50 PoG combined>
22 Upgrade Your Cake Factory Manager to level 3 <skip; will cost 60 & 90 PoG; 150 PoG combined>
23 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 100
24 Collect 50b Shamrocks
25 Upgrade Your Shipyard Manager to level 4 <skip; will cost 40 & 80 & 150 PoG; 270 PoG combined>
26 Upgrade buildings 100 times
27 Transport 1t Goods with the Ship
28 Upgrade Your Fireworks Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; to keep 3rd task slot open; cost 100 PoG>
29 Upgrade buildings 150 times
30 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 100 <from 50 to 100; needing 9.9t shamrocks>
31 Generate 4t goods from your Factories
32 Generate 10b Flowers from your Flowers Factory <Collecting every 15 seconds; 33.3m each cycle totals to 75 minutes>
33 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory to level 50 <from 25 to 50; needing 10.2t shamrocks>
34 Upgrade buildings 200 times <do next task in advance; 100 left to do>
35 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 200 <from 100 to 200; needing 48t shamrocks)
36 Collect 50aa Shamrocks <skip; excessive time used>
37 Upgrade buildings 250 times <can't reach this task after 3 skipped tasks>
38 Upgrade Your Firework Factory to level 100 <can't reach this task after 3 skipped tasks>

Completing 33 tasks per town

Now, as already been posted, the lowest amount of Pots of Gold (PoG) for each town is 580 PoG per town:

Festival Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Shipyard Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 0 to 1 (10 PoG)
Festival Manager 1 to 2 (40 PoG)
Festival Manager 2 to 3 (80 PoG)
Flowers Factory Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Cake Factory Manager 0 to 1 (30 PoG)
Flowers Factory Manager 1 to 2 (40 PoG)
Drinks Factory Manager 0 to 1 (40 PoG)
Drinks Factory Manager 1 to 2 (80 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 1 to 2 (20 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 2 to 3 (30 PoG)
Fireworks Factory Manager 0 to 1 (50 PoG)
Fireworks Factory Manager 1 to 2 (100 PoG)

Total: 580 PoG per town
NOTE: best to upgrade up to desired level as soon as possible (i.e. do Festival Manager & Hat Factory Manager to Level 3 at beginning of game)

With Celtic Forest Selection Kit coming up as Grand Prizes in sequence of 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19 (and we need 7 to complete a full L2 set).

So 19 grand prizes means you would have done 25 tasks x 19 times = 475 tasks total

Completing 33 tasks per town means that you need to do 15 towns (33 tasks x 14 completed towns = 462 tasks + 13 more tasks in 15th town).

*If* each town takes "24 full hours" (keeping in mind I haven't timed Shipyard Manager at only Level 1), that's 15 days.
From the start of live event, this is doable because we will get over 10,000 PoG in the entire event and 580 PoG x 15 towns = 8,700 PoG.

Obviously, I'm not purchasing any chests as that's more expensive "to just get the Selection Kit" after the last 5 chests has to be purchased first.

So I was focusing on how many towns we need to do and the answer seems to be 15 towns of 24 hours each.

Cheers,

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa

I just don't know why you would wanna do this.. It's too time consuming, and way easier to just do chests and much less repeats to gain a full level 2 set.
Of course there are multiple ways to do it and none of them is more correct than the other, but why would you wanna skip on chests just to do 15 towns in 24h each, when there are other otpions...?

Sinitar

Regent
While I wait to test/confirm the time for the specific strategy above, I thought I should at least explain my rationale below.

First, I'm going to overlay the list of tasks as that helped to grasp the big picture (with some added information on my part).

List of Tasks:

1 Hire a Manager
2 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 25
3 Collect 50k Shamrocks
4 Hire a Festival or Shipyard Manager
5 Build a Flowers Factory
6 Upgrade Your Festival Manager to level 3 <have to; will cost 40 & 80 PoG; 120 PoG combined>
7 Upgrade buildings 50 times
8 Collect 1m Shamrocks
9 Build a Cake Factory
10 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 50
11 Hire a Manager to automate Your Cake Factory
12 Transport 250m Goods with the Ship
13 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 100
14 Upgrade Your Flower Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; will cost 40 PoG>
15 Upgrade buildings 50 times
16 Generate 1b goods from your Factories
17 Build a Drinks Factory
18 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; will cost 80 PoG>
19 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 50
20 Upgrade buildings 50 times
]21 Upgrade Your Hat Factory Manager to level 3 <have to; will cost 20 & 30 PoG; 50 PoG combined>
22 Upgrade Your Cake Factory Manager to level 3 <skip; will cost 60 & 90 PoG; 150 PoG combined>
23 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 100
24 Collect 50b Shamrocks
25 Upgrade Your Shipyard Manager to level 4 <skip; will cost 40 & 80 & 150 PoG; 270 PoG combined>
26 Upgrade buildings 100 times
27 Transport 1t Goods with the Ship
28 Upgrade Your Fireworks Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; to keep 3rd task slot open; cost 100 PoG>
29 Upgrade buildings 150 times
30 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 100 <from 50 to 100; needing 9.9t shamrocks>
31 Generate 4t goods from your Factories
32 Generate 10b Flowers from your Flowers Factory <Collecting every 15 seconds; 33.3m each cycle totals to 75 minutes>
33 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory to level 50 <from 25 to 50; needing 10.2t shamrocks>
34 Upgrade buildings 200 times <do next task in advance; 100 left to do>
35 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 200 <from 100 to 200; needing 48t shamrocks)
36 Collect 50aa Shamrocks <skip; excessive time used>
37 Upgrade buildings 250 times <can't reach this task after 3 skipped tasks>
38 Upgrade Your Firework Factory to level 100 <can't reach this task after 3 skipped tasks>

Completing 33 tasks per town

Now, as already been posted, the lowest amount of Pots of Gold (PoG) for each town is 580 PoG per town:

Festival Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Shipyard Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 0 to 1 (10 PoG)
Festival Manager 1 to 2 (40 PoG)
Festival Manager 2 to 3 (80 PoG)
Flowers Factory Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Cake Factory Manager 0 to 1 (30 PoG)
Flowers Factory Manager 1 to 2 (40 PoG)
Drinks Factory Manager 0 to 1 (40 PoG)
Drinks Factory Manager 1 to 2 (80 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 1 to 2 (20 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 2 to 3 (30 PoG)
Fireworks Factory Manager 0 to 1 (50 PoG)
Fireworks Factory Manager 1 to 2 (100 PoG)

Total: 580 PoG per town
NOTE: best to upgrade up to desired level as soon as possible (i.e. do Festival Manager & Hat Factory Manager to Level 3 at beginning of game)

With Celtic Forest Selection Kit coming up as Grand Prizes in sequence of 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19 (and we need 7 to complete a full L2 set).

So 19 grand prizes means you would have done 25 tasks x 19 times = 475 tasks total

Completing 33 tasks per town means that you need to do 15 towns (33 tasks x 14 completed towns = 462 tasks + 13 more tasks in 15th town).

*If* each town takes "24 full hours" (keeping in mind I haven't timed Shipyard Manager at only Level 1), that's 15 days.
From the start of live event, this is doable because we will get over 10,000 PoG in the entire event and 580 PoG x 15 towns = 8,700 PoG.

Obviously, I'm not purchasing any chests as that's more expensive "to just get the Selection Kit" after the last 5 chests has to be purchased first.

So I was focusing on how many towns we need to do and the answer seems to be 15 towns of 24 hours each.

Cheers,

there's an another option and less hardcore
complete 5 stage with 33 task and start a 6° finishing only 10 task
spend 700 pots in managers(you can spend also 580 if you like)
open 4 times of 5 stages the chests
the stage must be finished in 4 days(you can finish without problems in 2/3 days)

Uriach

Farmer
I would say that an event with such a lousy end reward and with so much effort should not have to played with spoilers in mind otherwise you fail!
I should not be possible to screw up completely from the beginning.

DeletedUser9572

This event is problematic. After a first town where we try to understand the principle and where we sometimes spend a little too many pots of gold, we come to a lack to simply complete the tasks.

1580987255886.png

The ship manager level 4 cost 150 pots of gold. How to get there without wasting too much time and slowing down the pace to make enough towns and get level 2 items?

aragon82

Merchant
you can finish with ship lvl1 (even the 50aa task) in about 4 days
time is not the problem, because you are waiting for pots from login/daylies anyway

DeletedUser10346

Some people were saying Festival manager 3 and Ship manager lvl 2 I will try that next run. Because there is definitely a lot of waiting for PoG.

Sinitar

Regent
Some people were saying Festival manager 3 and Ship manager lvl 2 I will try that next run. Because there is definitely a lot of waiting for PoG.
well,you can balance the next stage only waiting to finish the 34* task(gain 50aa shramrocks) while the time has pasted of 4 days

I just don't know why you would wanna do this.. It's too time consuming, and way easier to just do chests and much less repeats to gain a full level 2 set.
Of course there are multiple ways to do it and none of them is more correct than the other, but why would you wanna skip on chests just to do 15 towns in 24h each, when there are other otpions...?
Because 1,900 PoG up front to pay for 1 Cedric Forest Selection Kit is expensive. Not only that, you are not accounting for the fact that we must have some PoG up front to *even begin a town* before getting to the chests and then having enough PoG to *even start a new town after the chests*, are you?

ETA (edited to add): You realize that we "only get about 11,000 PoG or so" in the entire event... so "buying 1 kit is like 15-20% of your total PoG stack". That definitely shouldn't be a primary choice and should only be done near the end of the event when we are running out of days.

If we can do a full town for 580 PoG (less than 2 days each) and able to do at least 33/34 tasks each town, then we can grab 100 tasks through 3 full towns. That's 4 grand prizes. Yes, it's much longer time-wise.... no argument there.

That's why I probably would concede that 1CCX has the best hybrid choice mentioned above... that choice is best when we already have a lot of PoG stacked up from completing all the first 35 quests and all caught up with the daily quests after that. Then and only then, it would make sense to skip several towns by purchasing the 5 paid chests to get 1 Cedric Forest Selection Kit.

Last edited:

aragon82

Merchant
@Achaeus 802 the DaringCa dont calculate how much a kit is, do the calcs for how much pots you need for one task
therer is a calculation a few pages back for this

the hybrid of 4x buying all chests and 5 runs with ~33 tasks + the rest from a started 6th town is optimal(timewise and for online-time needed)
and the cherry on the cake: you make profit from the amount of pots at the start...and use the two milestone with pots on time
do the "saving-rounds" in between with ship-manager lvl1 for slower rounds and you dont feel you have to wait every other day for your pots to arrive

DeletedUser10193

I'm disappointed... the mini game itself seems very confusing and overly complicated.
The event buildings look gorgeous but half of them don't have effects that are of any interest to me.

That's why I usually prefer the 'choose your own version at higher level' type buildings.

So without any 'daily specials' this event just doesn't seem worth doing to me.

Amdira

Baronet
Players should have the chance to choose whether to do the runs OR buying the chests with same chance to get full lvl 2 set. Buying the chests makes me feel like buying the prices instead of winning them - and that's not the way I wanna do an event. I'm lucky to have the time to idle around and like the mini-game in general - thus it should be possible to do it this way, too. Players with less time can choose the buying-option. But BOTH ways should lead to a full set.

Edit: I'm not interested in the stuff offered in the chests at all - I can buy them from the Antiques Dealer as well - so pls don't force us to buy the chests as only solution. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
@Achaeus 802 the DaringCa dont calculate how much a kit is, do the calcs for how much pots you need for one task
therer is a calculation a few pages back for this

the hybrid of 4x buying all chests and 5 runs with ~33 tasks + the rest from a started 6th town is optimal(timewise and for online-time needed)
and the cherry on the cake: you make profit from the amount of pots at the start...and use the two milestone with pots on time
do the "saving-rounds" in between with ship-manager lvl1 for slower rounds and you dont feel you have to wait every other day for your pots to arrive
I have calculated all the facts
Have you started at first day of the event? So, the next stage, will be start at the 5th day.. The choise of opening the chests is yours.. You can open the chests at stage 1,2,4 and 5 or at stage1,3,4 and 5..with that you can finish 34 task for stage and you need only 5 task at 6th stage

mastrot65

Farmer
good afternoon
I started the event for two days and I read the many posts that concern him
many of you will surely be far ahead with this event according to your experience which is the best strategy
to be applied thanks

jovada

Regent
I realy don't know why they keep that ridiculous upgrade fireworks to level 100 in the missions, i always skip the last 3 missions and it takes me a little less then 2 days to move to next stage, you take all your progress in the grand prize with you and i see nothing special for completing all 38 missions.