• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

I don't think 24 hours is possible with level 1 ship manager. Level 2 seems to be the sweet spot. At lvl 2 manager, the ship was barely keeping ahead so that the festival production wasn't waiting on goods at 250/250 and 300/300.
I was afraid of this. Yes, it seems like needing to upgrade Shipyard Manager a bit... a Level 2 manager boosts capacity 50% more, but a Level 3 manager boosts speed by 30%, which is likely more important at 250/250 and 300/300.

Then that would add 40 + 80 = 120 PoG extra cost (from 580 to 700 total). At 700 PoG x 15 towns, that's 10,500 PoG all together.

According to Fandom, we may hope to get this much PoG (11,200):

==========
Expected Pots of Gold to receive during the St. Patrick's Event :

Start of the Event : 200 Pots of Gold
Daily Login : 2,200 Pots of Gold (100 PoG daily)
Completing Quests : 6,650 Pots of Gold (100 PoG from Quests 1-35; 150 PoG from Quests 36-56)
Milestone Bonus : 2.150 Pots of Gold (750 PoG after 20 quests; 1,400 PoG after 45 quests)
Total (excluding Incidents) : 11,200 Pots of Gold
==========

So if we go by Level 3 Shipyard Manager... that's barely possible.

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa

DeletedUser9938

I am just doing event for the first time (waiting to collect 8.4aa to move to next attempt)
a few points:
- there will be a huge outcry from people who don't read guides and don't play on beta. They will surely fail to collect 1 full LVL 2 set with no diamonds spent
- the way to make up for the absence of daily prize is to lower 8.4aa costs so players can at least RELIABLY do 1 full round a day. That gives a chance to collect more prizes from the end of round chests
- upgrade managers tasks should all be in 1 column and never occupy all 3 task slots

DeletedUser8743

I was afraid of this. Yes, it seems like needing to upgrade Shipyard Manager a bit... a Level 2 manager boosts capacity 50% more, but a Level 3 manager boosts speed by 30%, which is likely more important at 250/250 and 300/300.

Then that would add 40 + 80 = 120 PoG extra cost (from 580 to 700 total). At 700 PoG x 15 towns, that's 10,500 PoG all together.

According to Fandom, we may hope to get this much PoG (11,200):

==========
Expected Pots of Gold to receive during the St. Patrick's Event :

Start of the Event : 200 Pots of Gold
Daily Login : 2,200 Pots of Gold (100 PoG daily)
Completing Quests : 6,650 Pots of Gold (100 PoG from Quests 1-35; 150 PoG from Quests 36-56)
Milestone Bonus : 2.150 Pots of Gold (750 PoG after 20 quests; 1,400 PoG after 45 quests)
Total (excluding Incidents) : 11,200 Pots of Gold
==========

So if we go by Level 3 Shipyard Manager... that's barely possible.

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa
Actually it won't assuming festival manager is at lvl 3. At level 2 ship manager, slightly more than enough goods are transferred to keep the festival operating at full efficiency. Increasing the ship manager to lvl 3, just moves the goods faster from the factory side to the festival side. Which then just build up because the festival is operating at full efficiency. The only time lvl 3 ship manager transferring goods faster would have been helpful was in the big production jumps (e.g. 200 to 250, 250 to 300). If the festival is increased first, it will use up the available goods quickly and then be operating at much less than full efficiency until the ship catches up.

DeletedUser8887

Here I sit. Took managers to level 1 and then only upgrades managers when all three mini-game quests were to upgrade managers. Then I only upgraded the one that would require the least pots to satisfy the quest. I've use all of my pots and have three quests to update managers again.

I liked this event when it started. Not any more. It's a loser.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Just a tiny visual bug - for some reason the one tile on the ship's path doesn't fade from green to black, it just goes straight to black.
1580955924345.png
[EDIT] Refreshed the page, and each time I refresh the tile that is broken is different.
[EDIT 2] Now there are two spots that are like that.

Using Chrome/HTML5

Last edited:

DeletedUser8743

Here I sit. Took managers to level 1 and then only upgrades managers when all three mini-game quests were to upgrade managers. Then I only upgraded the one that would require the least pots to satisfy the quest. I've use all of my pots and have three quests to update managers again.

I liked this event when it started. Not any more. It's a loser.
How far along are you on the event quests?

There is no intuitive way to work this out until it is too late.

... it makes no difference if you have already gone past the point of no return on day 1 or 2.

This game needs something to show players how they're doing. Imagining there is some sort of ideal strategy, a path, that must be followed; perhaps some sort of visual indicator would be good. I have no real idea of what it should look like. Maybe something similar to the needle of a metronome. If you deviate too far from the ideal path, the needle tilts one way and you need to upgrade factories or managers so that it moves back.

That might not help if you're going too slowly. My settings might be balanced just fine but are too low and I will run out of time.

I already find myself wondering if there is any point to continuing.

jtrucker

Baronet
Well, just to summarize...
I like the idea and the novelty. I would even survive the clicking context and boredom (have other games to play in the time of waiting). BUT... I am positive that I've read somewhere in the announcement or somewhere (but for the life of me I can't find it to insert a quote here) that the event is set that "regular daily activity and task completion will lead to one set of the grand prize for free". I swear I've read it, really.
Well, that statement is incorrect.
If you just try (and many people will try, before asking for help) you are very quickly at the point beyond return and even when I read the strategies here with all the calculations in front of me, I'm 90% sure I won't make it.
I don't know how many kids are here who can play all day, but I believe that there are many young and older adults here too (myself included) and we are working class and simply can't spend that much time in the game.

So, without trying to recalculate and rebalance the game which I don't feel I'm competent enough to do, I have only two suggestions (which I believe were already suggested):
1. Only ONE filler between the grand prizes - I don't really know if that's enough, but I hope so and in any case it will hugely help.
2. "Skip task" button and/or never have more than one "upgrade manager" task in the list - then it is player's choice whether to keep clicking or spend gold... As it is now, it is no choice when you MUST upgrade mngr because all 3 tasks are such.

I believe that suggestion 1 is a must. That is really crucial. Doing only suggestion 2 will not fix the game. Doing only 1 MIGHT, possibly... Best is to implement both of course.

BUT... I am positive that I've read somewhere in the announcement or somewhere (but for the life of me I can't find it to insert a quote here) that the event is set that "regular daily activity and task completion will lead to one set of the grand prize for free". I swear I've read it, really.
the only official statement i remember reading about is this one on page 1:
So actively playing does pay off, but isn't required.
it is funny how some people like the clicky-movey-all-day-entertainey aspect of this game but despise the only aspect faintly similar to strategy:

find a balance between number of runs, sets of chests and gold pots within the runs.

whoever reads this forum can not deny these strategies do exist AND provide you with a full celtic set, e.g.:

* you have just enough gold for my lazy "strategy"
* you can save some gold if you do the lazy "strategy" minus shipyard level 3
* you can probably even save some more if you do more limbo-rounds.

whether you use one of them or not is entirely your choice.

and while one could argue for a test run before the game, never forget: you are on beta.
this IS your test run.

and you got enough diamonds for 2.000 gold pots: to play and test and make mistakes.
which is nearly 20% of the total gold pots available - so plenty.
(for strategists at least, if not for brainless clickey-idley-limbo-lovers)

Last edited:

jtrucker

Baronet
OH, I have no problem with the beta run and I can always BUY what I miss here with the free dia. No argument there. Those suggestions were for live servers not to fix it here, which is too late anyway :)
And yes, I did read the strategies. But when I read them, my work and time available chooses the strategy for me - need to do strategy 1 = 4 full cities. No time to play more for more short runs etc. But - for the same reason - cannot rush through that many quests that fast = lack of gold. I should be going to third city now but don't have enough gold to finish all tasks in the second yet alone have enough gold for opening all the chests. And waiting longer will cause not having enough time to finish 4 and half cities.

So here is my conclusion - the strategies are OK mathematically - the total of gold pots received will be more than total needed.
BUT... (and you can't prove me wrong because the event didn't finish = nobody actually could test any of those strategies in game) - IMO those strategies will NOT work. Simply because they didn't include the time factor.
Let's see strategy 1 with four full cities in 5 days each - you need 2180 gold pots in day 5 (or rather 4, so you have time at the end to do the half of 5th city), you will most likely have them but then you need again 2180 by day 9 and you very likely will not have them. Not in that amount exactly on that day without buying any. And how about day 14?
I finished 33 quests up today and I couldn't do anymore during normal working life. and that's that.
And those strategies are quite tight if you ask me. Slight deviation from that path (and such deviation will happen very easily) will prevent you from winning the full set.
Hence my two suggestions which will ease up the pressure for the exactness of every step. (not that I like mindless clicking. I actually personally hate it. )
Btw how many players will read such strategies before they start the event? Not many... they will come when they get frustrated and without the beta free diamonds. I like the core of the event, especially because it is different, but the strategies should be more obvious without reading 40 pages of forum or it should be looser so you do not need follow every step like a cookbook to be successful. Lets be honest, there is not much space for creativity and fun there. You pick strategy 1 or 2 or 3 at the beginning (if you've read them) and then follow it step by step or you're doomed. That's what I call mindless play... (well, just my opinion...)

DeletedUser8262

I'm now close to finishing my 2nd round with the ship at 300 and level 1, it takes approx 30 hrs to complete and i'm not sure if the gold saved will make any significant difference at the end.
Fingers crossed that any planned changes by the Devs are released soon so that we have enough time left for testing, i'm hoping they'll be substantial, if not then this event will be the worst i've seen in over 6 years and i'll definitely skip it on live

quite an extensive reply @JTrucker ... ;)

Let's see strategy 1 with four full cities in 5 days each - you need 2180 gold pots in day 5 (or rather 4, so you have time at the end to do the half of 5th city), you will most likely have them but then you need again 2180 by day 9 and you very likely will not have them. Not in that amount exactly on that day without buying any. And how about day 14?
i have consciously avoided to provide a cooking recipe (do this on day 1 ... 21) for people to at least use their brains a wee bit.
(but it's five full limbo-runs / cities actually ... o_O)

all i can say is that i am currently at the end of run 3 waiting for enough gold to start round 4.
and there will be an additional 1.400 gold pots in two days:
so - while utterly boring - all is going very smooth and easy with my strategy.
(don't seem to get any gold pots from incidents though: so far it was like 40 ... :eek:)

if you are on task 33, well you have 1.000 gold pots less than me, but should still be able to catch up and make it (hopefully ... :oops:)

And those strategies are quite tight if you ask me. Slight deviation from that path (and such deviation will happen very easily) will prevent you from winning the full set.
yes indeed. if you don't have a narrow path to find and follow, you probably no longer need a strategy:
you can just randomly walk in any direction and find rome, no? :rolleyes:

Lets be honest, there is not much space for creativity and fun there. You pick strategy 1 or 2 or 3 at the beginning (if you've read them) and then follow it step by step or you're doomed. That's what I call mindless play... (well, just my opinion...)
we can most certainly agree to that.
but easing the game will neither change the lack of creativity & fun, nor boredom & mindlessness of this particular limbo-game - imho:

it's find a path, click your way through, repeat five times * number of worlds and you're done.
hopefully without irreversible brain damage.

jtrucker

Baronet
Well, I think my brain is irreversibly damaged already and FoE is only partially to blame.
Nevertheless I don't know what you mean exactly by five LIMBO runs... Limbo = all tasks to the bitter end? How could you manage all of them including fireworks to 100 already 3 times? (I actually didn't do that one. I skipped last 2 tasks from first city (don't remember what was the second one... )
But - quest 34 = 20x 4 hrs production. I don't have 20 production building nor do I have space for them = here is evening now.. so one round.. in the morning to collect and second round. and although it finishes during a day, I won't get back to PC until like 24 hrs from now (I'm trucker). So I'll get 200 gold (one task + one daily login) in next 24 hrs... having 1300 now, need more to go and collect 6 chests and need more if I should actually finish the city - hired the required managers (as per strategy one - full limbo (whatever that means) run ). So you can see that really, each full city every 4-5 days in unrealistic, not if you have to go to work and you don't work in the office with computer.
Well, I have no space to build the set anyway :). But I always try hard to get it just out of principle to prove or disprove that I can get it for free so I can tell my friends on live server. This one, while possible, IMO will be very difficult to get for free if you cannot devote quite significant time for the game during the event. While the previous events were quite doable with little time...

P.S. I totally agree that easing up the game won't add any creativity or change the boredom. But it will ease up the frustration from not being able to get the final prize :)

DeletedUser8743

OH, I have no problem with the beta run and I can always BUY what I miss here with the free dia. No argument there. Those suggestions were for live servers not to fix it here, which is too late anyway :)
And yes, I did read the strategies. But when I read them, my work and time available chooses the strategy for me - need to do strategy 1 = 4 full cities. No time to play more for more short runs etc. But - for the same reason - cannot rush through that many quests that fast = lack of gold. I should be going to third city now but don't have enough gold to finish all tasks in the second yet alone have enough gold for opening all the chests. And waiting longer will cause not having enough time to finish 4 and half cities.

So here is my conclusion - the strategies are OK mathematically - the total of gold pots received will be more than total needed.
BUT... (and you can't prove me wrong because the event didn't finish = nobody actually could test any of those strategies in game) - IMO those strategies will NOT work. Simply because they didn't include the time factor.
I finished 33 quests up today and I couldn't do anymore during normal working life. and that's that.
Hence my two suggestions which will ease up the pressure for the exactness of every step. (not that I like mindless clicking. I actually personally hate it. )
Btw how many players will read such strategies before they start the event? Not many... they will come when they get frustrated and without the beta free diamonds. I like the core of the event, especially because it is different, but the strategies should be more obvious without reading 40 pages of forum or it should be looser so you do not need follow every step like a cookbook to be successful. Lets be honest, there is not much space for creativity and fun there. You pick strategy 1 or 2 or 3 at the beginning (if you've read them) and then follow it step by step or you're doomed. That's what I call mindless play... (well, just my opinion...)
The strategies are sound and there is ample time. I got hung up on the 1st day because I collected before I realized the event had started and I lost 5 or 6 hours of collection yesterday due to a bug. Even so I'm on my 6th run and the 34th quest and I have 3 kits. So I have 14 more days to get 4 kits. Now if you only play once a day you're going to be hard pressed but that's true of the other events too.

All the events have a strategy that must be followed if you want to get a fully leveled reward without spending diamonds. In the forge bowl, you needed to go with the +1 yard coach and predominantly choose the short receiver in order to get a lvl 10 Olympic Treasury. I don't get all the "mindless clicking" references. Aiding and visiting taverns is mindless clicking. The event just requires spending a short time to get a run started and then checking back at increasing intervals to keep it moving along. The Max checkbox reduces the clicking a lot.

aragon82

Merchant
There is the standard missing: login-daily, do all quests, get the main-price on max-level

I somehow like the idea behind this mini-game....well in fact I liked most to figure out how to do it "correct"
The majority of players wont get a full lvl2-set while doing what the always did so far, thats the big problem with this event

DeletedUser10346

Ugh so waiting for 1900 gold to open all the chests is not a good idea or? Because I'm waiting for it and I'm only on the 3rd town doing 34 tasks, should I switch to only doing the town skipping the chests?

jtrucker

Baronet
All the events have a strategy that must be followed if you want to get a fully leveled reward without spending diamonds. In the forge bowl, you needed to go with the +1 yard coach and predominantly choose the short receiver in order to get a lvl 10 Olympic Treasury.
Nope, it was much more flexible than that. I did all quests in the evening until I hit the quest of x time production of x hours... I set it and went to bed... Next day I collected and continued doing quests until I hit similar again. And I was saving footballs. And when there was Sentinel I took the +5% DS coach, spend all balls using the MIDDLE player (60-74 balls). I did that twice during event - sentinel and sentinel upgrade... And only on the last day regardless of DS I selected the +1 yard and using the shortest player I got remaining touchdowns. = quite different that what you've described and still - lvl 10 treasury on all worlds. So that's flexibility in the play. Here I think, if you deviate from that 1-2-3 strategy you lost. And that's bad. I'm betting that less than 50% of my guildmates on live will have full lvl 2 set and that will be AFTER I translate and give them these strategies, yet alone if they should find the path by themselves.

But sure, the event is not in the half yet. Perhaps it is doable. I still think that my two suggestions will make the game much better and much more successful...

jtrucker

Baronet
Ugh so waiting for 1900 gold to open all the chests is not a good idea or? Because I'm waiting for it and I'm only on the 3rd town doing 34 tasks, should I switch to only doing the town skipping the chests?
It depends. You need 75 tasks for each upgrade (other than the first) and you need 7 in total (3 are from quests)... so doing 34 tasks, you need 2 and a bit of city for the upgrade. And you need as many times the 1900 gold all chests to get the remaining upgrades up to 7 - I dunno how long it took you to do the 34 tasks but you can calculate if you need to open the chests every time or only so many times...

DeletedUser8743

[
Did you open the chests on the 1st two runs? How close are you to 1900 and what event quest are you on? You're going to need more than 1900. Once you open the chests, you'll need gold to start the next run.