• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

ADSL

Squire
I have walked through 12 cities and I saw Lv. 1 Celtic Glassworks in chests only once (after the 11th of the city). It should be more often! Not everyone can buy back many lines of chests in their entirety!

By the time a building, such as the brand new shiny Apothecary of the Highlands created enough kits to place a full level building, it is outdated and not worth putting in a city.
Luckily, we have FSP kits now. So just using 30, 15 or 8 FSP (depending on apothecary level) to craft an upgrade kit instantly.

Kronan

Viceroy
My feedback to St. Patricks: Plays as always, I enjoy this event each time.

Final feedback to Inno on SPD...

Whew - it's finally done. I put my bed next to my PC, didn't leave it for the week since RIVAL 2 gave me all those goodies to reach for the stars - (attempt to win something in Leagues) I had food brought to me so I didn't have to miss a second of playing with SPD's knobs and dials. It felt like I was the Wizard of OZ (you know - the guy BEHIND the curtain....)

The children were definitely perplexed about all that...

So last nite was the big nite. The final countdown to league standing! It was a spine-tingling finish, I have to say!

I haven't stayed up all night since... well... dinosaurs roamed the Earth. No Quantum fluctuations (@CDmark take note..) on this one... SPD is rock solid fun.

On ANOTHER VERY VERY positive (cha-ching!! $$$) note: OK Inno - I felt so bad, so so bad about not giving you financial compensation - or anything in years, ok... well, I got special permission from the PRESIDENT (not that President...) to help my software engineering brothers and sisters - I made NOT 1, but 2 diamond purchases last nite .... I'm feeling so ashamed... but the positive spin is like - I'm part of the modified P2W group now - but it's for a good cause - you gave me lots of days by the PC, and I gave you some money to say thanks.

Win - WIN! Good TRADE!

I mean - TASK progress be the LEAGUES yardstick? Brilliant! Grueling, Complex, Intellectual, and forces some serious Strategic planning on when, how and if - to use the Rival winnings.

That should crack open the wallets everywhere, right? How those people got to GOLD LEAGUE is breathtaking. I worked my .... rump... off to get and stay in SILVER (hence why I moved my bed to be by my PC....). Gold league players must float on air, or have disposable assets approaching 8.4 Quantum Quadrillion <insert currency of your choice, here>.

SO ... it's the morning after which blended nicely with the night before (hehehe) , and not feeling bad at all. This event is a tinkering masterpiece. Loved it since you built it.

Bottom line: It's a keeper, right? You bet.

Rock on @Mabusian der Graue. Me too.

Last edited:

letho

Farmer
Hello. Does anyone have the list of missions for this event??? I had written it down, but I lost it.

Hello. Does anyone have the list of missions for this event??? I had written it down, but I lost it.
In the city they are the same of last year (and the year before that etc.)
In the questline they are the same of last year (I think all the same but I didn't check after the first 40 or 50). Well except that this year the quest are 56 not 57, like last year (ignore the 57th from 2023).

AllamHRK

Baronet
925 tasks to get the golden upgrade during the event?

You will have to do 44 tasks per day during the 21 days to achieve this, that is, complete more than 1 city every day, but it is certainly possible, right? hahaha

Or of course, you can always buy paid passes where there are several golden upgrades... create the problem and sell the solution, right Inno...

In fact this became a big and simple scam.

AllamHRK

Baronet
The regular/silver version makes its own upgrade. So with patience as long as you get all non-golden pieces in the event, you will have the golden version eventually.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Continue with this thought, accepting everything, the future will be beautiful...

In the past, you could complete the building during the event without much stress, the events were good and fun, the mechanics were good...

Then it changed to "maybe you'll get the building, maybe not, it depends on your luck" and the events became more boring and tiring...

Currently we are like "you won't get the complete building, wait a few weeks or months" and the event mechanics have become complete **** that sucks up all your time, in addition to being boring and repetitive.

So I predict a beautiful future for you... do the event in a year to get the lv.10 building, then wait 1 year to get the silver upgrade, then wait another 1 year to get the gold upgrade, then another 1 year for the platinum upgrade and another 1 year for the diamond upgrade...

But without a doubt when this is the reality and it takes 5 years for you to have a complete building it still won't be a problem for inno fanboys, after all 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, it's all the same thing... the game it will remain beautiful, beautiful and perfect.

And besides, there will definitely be a $250 pass to solve this problem.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Continue with this thought, accepting everything, the future will be beautiful...

In the past, you could complete the building during the event without much stress, the events were good and fun, the mechanics were good...

Then it changed to "maybe you'll get the building, maybe not, it depends on your luck" and the events became more boring and tiring...

Currently we are like "you won't get the complete building, wait a few weeks or months" and the event mechanics have become complete **** that sucks up all your time, in addition to being boring and repetitive.

So I predict a beautiful future for you... do the event in a year to get the lv.10 building, then wait 1 year to get the silver upgrade, then wait another 1 year to get the gold upgrade, then another 1 year for the platinum upgrade and another 1 year for the diamond upgrade...

But without a doubt when this is the reality and it takes 5 years for you to have a complete building it still won't be a problem for inno fanboys, after all 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, it's all the same thing... the game it will remain beautiful, beautiful and perfect.

And besides, there will definitely be a $250 pass to solve this problem.
Your read on me is way off base :p I would not recommend spending on this game until inno's got its head on straight again, if they ever do. Anything you spend on this year is likely outdated next year on their current trajectory. Recipe to make people regret their purchases :p

But a couple extra months for the building to turn itself golden? I'll live. BTW it's actually shorter than it was at first - last year's druid->archdruid took 150 days to make itself golden. This one takes 30 days to silver and 30 more days to gold. And you'll have some of the fragments probably so it won't even be the full 60 days. If that's still too much for you and you feel it's not worthwhile, by all means pass on it. I certainly would skip it if it was "5 years" as you suggest.

And there's a (comparatively) low effort path to get platinum archdruids this year with no waiting through the rival quests if you do want to pass on the new building.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Your read on me is way off base :p I would not recommend spending on this game until inno's got its head on straight again, if they ever do. Anything you spend on this year is likely outdated next year on their current trajectory. Recipe to make people regret their purchases :p

But a couple extra months for the building to turn itself golden? I'll live. BTW it's actually shorter than it was at first - last year's druid->archdruid took 150 days to make itself golden. This one takes 30 days to silver and 30 more days to gold. And you'll have some of the fragments probably so it won't even be the full 60 days. If that's still too much for you and you feel it's not worthwhile, by all means pass on it. I certainly would skip it if it was "5 years" as you suggest.

And there's a (comparatively) low effort path to get platinum archdruids this year with no waiting through the rival quests if you do want to pass on the new building.
Once again, theory vs practice... you can say what you want, the truth is that inno can do whatever it wants and everyone will accept it, they can say no, but they will, just like what happened with ge lv. 5, a huge revolt, boycott, war against inno and in the end what happened? Everyone accepted and the game remains beautiful and perfect.

And what's more, this won't happen overnight, it will be something gradual as they are already doing, a change there, another here, increases the difficulty in this, disguises it with something else, adds new upgrades, new paid passes, etc... Little by little they get there, and the cattle, I mean, players, won't even notice anything, as always and will accept everything that comes their way, including you too. lol

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Once again, theory vs practice... you can say what you want, the truth is that inno can do whatever it wants and everyone will accept it, they can say no, but they will, just like what happened with ge lv. 5, a huge revolt, boycott, war against inno and in the end what happened? Everyone accepted and the game remains beautiful and perfect.

And what's more, this won't happen overnight, it will be something gradual as they are already doing, a change there, another here, increases the difficulty in this, disguises it with something else, adds new upgrades, new paid passes, etc... Little by little they get there, and the cattle, I mean, players, won't even notice anything, as always and will accept everything that comes their way, including you too. lol
Well I mean I complain plenty about stuff. But in the end, what else can you do but accept it once whatever it is is released? I play a lot less than i used to. But to the extent I do play, I may as well figure out how to work with what's presented.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Well I mean I complain plenty about stuff. But in the end, what else can you do but accept it once whatever it is is released? I play a lot less than i used to. But to the extent I do play, I may as well figure out how to work with what's presented.
Well, I really don't know what fanboys can do other than accept whatever comes as they always do... but I know what someone who has a minimum of conscience can do... and in that aspect what I can say is that the only thing I'm particularly waiting for is the publication of the gxg removal date, which marks the end of FoE as it was a day, a good game, this being D-day, /quit day.

I mean, anyone who has 2 functioning neurons will realize that there are so many better things for you to spend your time on, be it on other, better games or even on more productive things.

In short, it's a simple cost/benefit logic when using the most important resource you have... your time.

The options are simple. (1) quit playing FoE, (2) continue playing and complaining while being miserable, (3) continue playing, adapt to the changing meta, and continue to enjoy the challenges. I'll stick with 3 but feel free to do you.