• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

Thunderdome

Emperor
That explains why I got such a boost in the standings from completing 400+ (before the 425 milestone) progress and league showing close to 500.

I did spend for this event (to include the gold pass) that I managed to throw down 2x Celtic Taverns (fully maxed out) and 1x Archdruid Hut (fully maxed out) in my city. However, I raised the same question as others in asking why so many level 1 buildings on the main prize line. Usually, Inno would be good in putting an upgrade at 2 spaces from the starting line of 0 for a total of 16 spaces used (for the 8 levels) before putting a new level 1 on the next cycle (in past events). Should players want to purchase silver/gold passes, they can and would get the extra upgrades (or specials) in the form of selection kits to build additional main prize buildings in their city.

In the future, I would suggest that all prizes on the progress line in relation to the main building prize to be selection kits. First milestone in a quest for the event, should always be the first building. The rest should be selection kits. This will keep inventories clean (1 consumable, or 2 if no one wants to build with the building provided versus 2, 3, or more clogging up inventories).
Please remove the road requirement for the Archdruid Trees, a road requirement for a 1x1 building is ridiculous and extremely annoying :mad:
I agree. Any 1x1, 2x1, or 1x2 building should not be required to be on a road in order for it to work. These are just mere decorations. If it's a 2x2 or more in size, I would understand.

If I get only half of the pots from events in live as I get here I'm REALLY happy. Got 2x500, 1x200 and 4x100 at least plus some of those 10 and 20 ones.

Kronan

Viceroy
If I get only half of the pots from events in live as I get here I'm REALLY happy. Got 2x500, 1x200 and 4x100 at least plus some of those 10 and 20 ones.

Oh so that's where my pots went to... LOLOLOL

I got a measly 10 today, and almost NADA for the entire event.... :unhappy:

ADSL

Squire
I have walked through 10 cities and have never seen a Lv. 1 Celtic Glassworks. How often have you seen it in the first line of chests?

I haven't done almost nothing in QI but I've gone through 14 cities and got to 450 progress. Thats with two conflicting rival tasks, not playing beta on my phone and just forgetting to check back in the city lol.

Question: What are the set timer buttons for on the St Pat's main screen for?
Could you post a picture please or describe where they are? I don't have set timer buttons. An FOE helper thing maybe?

My feedback to St. Patricks: Plays as always, I enjoy this event each time. My biggest critics: Since there are no daily prices and due to the nature of the event I had no chance to get enough pieces for a normal druid hut. Now I have both special upgrades but something like 6 out of 9 pieces for the main building :(
It wouldn't even help to buy the gold chest because with my slightly above 500 where I'll end I only get two more. Recommendation: Add two or three more Epic St. Pat 2024 Kits to the price lines somewhere, maybe replacing the silver and golden Tavern at 200.

Could you post a picture please or describe where they are? I don't have set timer buttons. An FOE helper thing maybe?

My feedback to St. Patricks: Plays as always, I enjoy this event each time. My biggest critics: Since there are no daily prices and due to the nature of the event I had no chance to get enough pieces for a normal druid hut. Now I have both special upgrades but something like 6 out of 9 pieces for the main building :(
It wouldn't even help to buy the gold chest because with my slightly above 500 where I'll end I only get two more. Recommendation: Add two or three more Epic St. Pat 2024 Kits to the price lines somewhere, maybe replacing the silver and golden Tavern at 200.
Did you play the Rival of last week? I completed it almost (30/32) and got some epic St Patrick kits which allowed me to complete a Druid hut from scratch. Without Rival it would have been impossible to do. And that would have sucked for me because I got 2 golden upgrades and 1 platinum upgrade for the hut.

CrashBoom

Legend
Did you play the Rival of last week? I completed it almost (30/32) and got some epic St Patrick kits which allowed me to complete a Druid hut from scratch. Without Rival it would have been impossible to do. And that would have sucked for me because I got 2 golden upgrades and 1 platinum upgrade for the hut.
there aren't enough kits in that rival :rolleyes:

just 3 epic + 3 druid hut
+ 1 epic in league at the end

that are only 7
but it has 9 normal levels

that you are lucky and won 3 after the city doesn't guarantee that other get a full one too

I couldn't finish the Rivals because my Town isn't able to fight through GE3/4.

there aren't enough kits in that rival :rolleyes:

just 3 epic + 3 druid hut
+ 1 epic in league at the end

that are only 7
but it has 9 normal levels

that you are lucky and won 3 after the city doesn't guarantee that other get a full one too
Duh, of course there are not enough kits in Rival to make a full Druid hut. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
As he said, he did not get far enough in Rival and missed out on several kits.
If this second version of Rival will be used on live twice then players will be able to complete a hut, provided they get far enough in the questlines.

.Chris

Baronet
Imho the silver and gold upgrade kit fragments are way too late in the GP progression.

I've plowed through 18 towns (maybe 19 at the end of the event) and I've only managed to get 100 silver fragments.
On the other hand I could get another Celtic Tavern to level 5; that seems off to me. Most players I know prefer the "lazy" approach, those won't get anywhere close to the tasks required to get these upgrades.

I understand that the GP-progression might be balanced with the Gold and Silver Passes in mind but I would urge you to reconsider this and balance all 3 Prize lanes seperately so it makes a little bit of sense.

Baledouris

Farmer
Hi,
Just to say it is possible, getting to 600 and doing the two rival questlines almost to the end, I managed to get a fully upgraded hut from scratch, and 3 mystic taverns. Plus a bunch of other nice enough things.
With gold chest, though. :|

With gold chest, though. :|
Yes, that's the point. With golden chest you got all the kits but no chance to get it for free. However with current upgrade speed (2 x 30 days) it's still a good deal for me. The ~600 tasks giving a nearly completed second basic tavern that can be completed by league building in short time and then upgrades itself within 60 days.

Birrgit

Farmer
I did it. No matter how stupid I was at the event, I always had at least 20 Q to pick up, I only managed four cities, I was able to complete the quest series and now have a Celtic tavern. ;)

DaSteve

Farmer
I'm a spender, not a whale, more of a dolphin, but I will not pay for this event, nor the chests (aka eventpass), nor to buy diamonds. The reasons are 2:
- with spending you don't have less work, but more work, having to nurse up quite a lot towns. On beta the threshold for gold league is now (3 hours for end of the event) 771. This means that with an average of 32 tasks a town I have to nurse up 25 towns. The time investement is just not worth it.
- a portion of the prizes, in the chests, as a league prize and even as prize of the rival are upgrades for the druid hut (without spending more than the given diamongs on beta I got 2 gold and 2 platin upgrades), while there is no reliable source to get the hut selection kits. I feel very disappointed to have the upgradekit but lacking the basekits, since I have not been around last year, so I have no previous huts.
If there should be more epic st.patrick kits or a druidkit as price in 1 of the obtainable tasks I would consider buying pots and trying to get to gold, but so no way (if I decide to spend I try to get all the way to gold, nosense to spend only to get to silver).
Just my 2 cents

96 minutes to go and I just finished task 525 which gave me 50 more silver fragments and was the last one before 625 (more than three more cities more) that had a useful price. So just perfect timing without too much stress. Silver league would have been nice but for beta it's enough.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Why do you treat the upgrade kits useless? With apothecary Lv. 1 from bronze league you'll be able to produce more celtic taverns. But it takes 30 days (or FSP) per kit. So you can shorten the waiting time a lot.
With most buildings giving fragments for kits to build with, how many users are actually using all the fragments to build with?

They are the carrot on the stick.

Look back to the Tower of Conjunction. The first, or one of the first “Silver” reward upgrade levels gave kits for the Keymasters Workshop. This gave fragments for the Tower of Conjunction kits. How many used those Keymasters to build more Towers of Conjunction? How many users still have either in their city? How many kits are in inventory?

Trader’s Bay and Buccaneer’s Bay. The Traders bay gives fragments for kits to build the Buccaneer’s bay (Gold upgrade!) The Trading post gave fragments for a Buccaneer’s Hideout election kit! How many users are still collecting these kits, but have not put them in because the building is already outdated?

How many users are taking advantage of ALL the fragments that all the buildings they have in their city are offering? You can not as there are too many options. By the time a building, such as the brand new shiny Apothecary of the Highlands created enough kits to place a full level building, it is outdated and not worth putting in a city. New military boosts are needed that it does not have. A new shiny building that gives fragments of an even better building is available now that is worth putting in your city.

The first, or one of the first, buildings that gave enough fragments to keep rebuilding was the Trading Post from the 2023 Summer Event. (yeah, yeah.. Go ahead and correct this creepy old man’s faulty old memory.) If a user could get to the point of having two or more, the kits started to pile up quickly and one could FILL a city with them!!! I just assembled all the fragments I have in inventory to see what they accumulated to:

40 Trading Post Upgrade Kits
5 Trading Post - Lv 1
3 - Trading Post Selection Kits
5 - Buccaneer’s Bay Upgrade Kits
41 – Buccaneer’s Hideout Selection Kits (Hidden Goods, PY-R8 Marauder, Paradise Rose)

Check your inventory and see what ‘must have’ buildings that made fragments you are accumulating that you are likely not to use as they are outdated already.

EDIT: Checked the Keymaster’s Workshop (April 2022 Anniversary event). I have two in a city. No idea what pieces I received in the event, but I have to full Towers in city with 9 Selection kits and 2 Upgrade kits in inventory. Enough to build one Full level one. I wonder how many other “Must Have” buildings I have enough fragments for to put in, and are they still valuable enough to put in?